Closed Thread
Page 48 of 364 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RichardSWE View Post
    Hey Skip, i know you said that you rest about 2minutes between sets, myself i usually rest about 4-5min between sets(sometimes 2-3 min on smaller body parts), is that too long?, are there any advantages to resting less between sets when it comes to muscle growth or doesnt it matter?

I find it hard to perform my best if i only rest 2-3 minutes between some excercises (like heavy chest/back excercises )
    I believe that you should rest between sets as long as you need to get as close to 100 percent of your strength back to properly overload the targeted muscle group on the next set---without losing any of your concentration and focus.

If you want to build muscle mass in the most effective and efficient manner possible and in the shortest period of time, then you must overload the muscles will challenging weight.

Stay focused in between your sets--and your 4-5 minutes will be fine.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by loucurley View Post
    What ever happened with the manformation book?
    Also, I just noticed a mass machine article in ironman. Is this going to be a regular feature like the manformation article?
    The MANformation book gets worked on every month.

Yes, the MANformation column is now a regular column in IronMan Magazine.

And, yes, my Mass Machine Training bodybuilding and training column is a regular column now in IronMan Magazine.

I have something REALLY HUGE coming up in the next month or so. It's been taking a lot of my time lately. Stay tuned.

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

MASS MACHINE® Training Tip:

Use Your Physical Strength to Create More Mental Strength!

By Skip La Cour
    Six Time National Champion Bodybuilder
    Success and Leadership Coach
    http://www.skiplacour.com

Here's a next level training tip when you are doing single-limb movements (i.e. Alternating Dumbbell Curls and Dumbbell Rows):

It's quite common for you to have one arm or leg that is stronger and/or more coordinated than the other.

Always start the set with your STRONGEST limb!

That way, your weaker limb will ASPIRE to match the productivity of your stronger one--rather than your stronger limb SETTLING for what your weaker one is able to do and end the set.

This is one small distinction that will make a MASSIVE difference over time!

Train Hard--and Think BIG!

Skip La Cour

RichardSWE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    I believe that you should rest between sets as long as you need to get as close to 100 percent of your strength back to properly overload the targeted muscle group on the next set---without losing any of your concentration and focus.

If you want to build muscle mass in the most effective and efficient manner possible and in the shortest period of time, then you must overload the muscles will challenging weight.

Stay focused in between your sets--and your 4-5 minutes will be fine.
    Thanks Skip! this is what i needed to hear, now i can give it my all in every set and not worry about this anymore

Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thor23x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you have some excellent points.

If you can put yourself in the ideal mental conditions to lift more weight; squeeze out one more rep; while directly and effectively stimulating the targeted muscle group, you will grow. No doubt about it.

I can easily see how the strategies that you've lined out will create ideal mental conditions.
    Thank you for the quick and insightful response.

"Winners are willing to do the things that losers won't."

SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Skip,

Fast question.. Sory If this has been answered before..

How often do you eat? Every 2 hours? 3? Or when hungry?

What do you suggest?

Or is this non important?
    Dont do your best. Do whatever it takes.

Originally Posted by SEAviator View Post
    Hey Skip,

Fast question.. Sory If this has been answered before..

How often do you eat? Every 2 hours? 3? Or when hungry?

What do you suggest?

Or is this non important?
    Eat Smaller, More Frequent Meals Throughout the Day

Eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day is the best way to control your metabolism.

Eat at least FIVE meals each day. You should eat at least FIVE smaller, more frequent meals every day. Doing so stabilizes your blood sugar and keeps your metabolism burning at a smooth and constant rate. If you are only eating three or fewer meals a day, your metabolism will peak and fall around meal times. This inconsistency causes you to burn fewer calories and less body fat throughout the day.

Depending on your goals and level of commitment, I would suggest from 5 to 8 meals a day.

SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey thanks for answering.. I was eating 6.. cant eat less than 6 impossible....

but I thought I needed to increase to 8 meals....

6 meals is easier, but is 8 better?

hey thanks for answering.. I was eating 6.. cant eat less than 6 impossible....

but I thought I needed to increase to 8 meals....

6 meals is easier, but is 8 better?
    8 would be better than 6 for the same reasons 6 would be better than 4.

For years, I ate 8 meals a days. I never missed a meal for years.

7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm, and 9pm.

thanks skip... well then 8 it'll be...

for the future.. if my time is really tight is there a significant difference between eating every 2 hours or 3 hours?

thanks skip... well then 8 it'll be...

for the future.. if my time is really tight is there a significant difference between eating every 2 hours or 3 hours?
    That would depend on how ambitious your goals and how committed you are to reaching them in the shortest period of time.

For example, for a person just wanted to "look good", build some muscle, and lose some body fat, every 3 hours versus every 2 hours probably doesn't matter all that much.

For the person who wanted to be the best drug free competitive bodybuilder on the planet? Hell, yes, it would matter! Especially when you stack up a week of timely eating, a month, six months, or years of eating that way.

That choice is yours.

It also depends on how much food you eat during those "smaller", more frequent meals.

Eating every 2 hours compared to every 3 would be the same in importance as eating every 3 hours compared to 4.

Where do you set your standards?
    Last edited by skiplacour; 07-11-2010 at 06:00 PM.

hmm never thought of it that way.. you're right..

one more question.. 2 hours is not a lot of time.. do you pre cook all your meals or do you constantly cook your next meal?

im going to college in a month.. any tips for meal timing there? imagine walking to the cafeteria every 2 hours.. and they dont let you take foods out of the cafeteria, any tips on stealing food from there maybe? haha

btw... you like my signature?

hmm never thought of it that way.. you're right..

one more question.. 2 hours is not a lot of time.. do you pre cook all your meals or do you constantly cook your next meal?
    For years when I had a career working in a place of business, I did wake up early every morning and prepare all of my meals. I also invested in a lot of MRP meal replacements. I would carry my cooler around with me because that's what it took to be the best. I don't now because I work for myself and can prepare my meals as I go during the day.

im going to college in a month.. any tips for meal timing there? imagine walking to the cafeteria every 2 hours.. and they dont let you take foods out of the cafeteria, any tips on stealing food from there maybe? haha
    It all depends on your personal goals and how badly you want to achieve them. You'll find a way to eat every two hours if you are truly committed.

btw... you like my signature?
    Nice!

That was from a Twinlab commercial that I did many years ago. The script was written by some creative, fancy-smancy Madison Avenue executives. It was not my place to give them a bodybuilding and training lesson! Not that it matters, but everyone should know that REPS don't get you ripped--your DIET does! LOL

watch?v=
    Last edited by skiplacour; 07-13-2010 at 02:42 PM.

juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like Skip said, you'll find a way to eat. One piece of advice I can give from college is to invest in a George Foreman and a mini fridge. That way, you can prepare some of your meals right in your dorm room and don't have to rely on the cafeteria (chicken, tuna, oatmeal, vegetables, etc.) Also, meal replacements are a great way to meet your nutritional requirements.

For years when I had a career working in a place of business, I did wake up early every morning and prepare all of my meals. I also invested in a lot of MRP meal replacements. I would carry my cooler around with me because that's what it took to be the best. I don't now because I work for myself and can prepare my meals as I go during the day.

It all depends on your personal goals and how badly you want to achieve them. You'll find a way to eat every two hours if you are truly committed.

Nice!

That was from a Twinlab commercial that I did many years ago. The script was written by some creative, fancy-smancy Madison Avenue executives. It was my place to give them a bodybuilding and training lesson! Not that it matters, but everyone should know that REPS don't get you ripped--your DIET does! LOL

watch?v=

meal replacements are the premade shakes right?

cant I make my own meal replacements like just some protein blend with oatmeal?

and for my college the first 2 years a meal plan is mandatory.. and it costs a lot.. so paying that much to have a meal plan and buying your own food from the side is not a smart move...

I have a microwave and fridge on my dorm, and cant take anything else.. but theres a kitchen in my dorm hall...

Im planning on having a lot of myofusion, protein blend for all day emergency, not sure if I can use that as a meal replacement.. oatmeal... tuna for emergencies.. cottage cheese... maybe some liquid eggs.... brown rice...

meal replacements are the premade shakes right?

cant I make my own meal replacements like just some protein blend with oatmeal?
    Skim Almond milk and a scoop of protein powder make a great and inexpensive "meal replacement."

LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeeRain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just read all 46 pages and WOW, i've never learned so much about bodybuilding in one place!! My brother did max OT for 2-3 months a while back and got really good results and after reading this i'm on my 2nd week of routine #1. Thanks Skip for all the great advice! I'm definitely gonna check out your DVD's and other products, I felt like you've already been such a value already its worth twice the amount anyway.

Originally Posted by LeeRain View Post
    I just read all 46 pages and WOW, i've never learned so much about bodybuilding in one place!! My brother did max OT for 2-3 months a while back and got really good results and after reading this i'm on my 2nd week of routine #1. Thanks Skip for all the great advice! I'm definitely gonna check out your DVD's and other products, I felt like you've already been such a value already its worth twice the amount anyway.
    Awesome!

Tell me how long you've been training and the TOP 5 things that you've learned that come to mind.

I'm curious to learn about your perspective.

Read and Bookmark These BODYBUILDING BLOGS for More of Skip La Cour's Information and Inspiration

BLOGS

Bodybuilding and Training

www.skiplacour.blogspot.com/

Bodybuilding Contest Preparation

www.contestprepsecrets.blogspot.com/

The Business of Bodybuilding and Fitness: How to Earn Cash from Your Passion!

www.bodybuildingbusinesssecrets.blogspot.com/

RADIO SHOW and PODCAST

Skip La Cour's MASS MACHINE Bodybuilding and Training Talk Radio Show

www.blogtalkradio.com/skiplacour

Bodybuilding and Training Motivational Podcasts (10 Minutes)

www.blogtalkradio.com/lacourpodcasts

WEB SITE

Skip La Cour

www.SkipLaCour.com

EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skip Iam looking at competing but Iam having a very tough time with my diet..Iam really lost at what to do and Iam stuggling to get lean/shredded!

Iam currently 22 - been training since I was 15 - when I started I used MaxxOT training and also VP2 by the bucket load lol....over the last few yrs my training has been more Powerlifting based but Iam looking at getting back into bodybuilding full-time and getting shredded for the 1st time in yrs!

<<<<< Stats are in my info..

Iam using a HIGH fat, Low to no carb, HIGH protein diet atm but 1. I feel like **** and 2. I think seeing as though I cut my carbs so much it makes me want to cheat more...

Really would love your advice or even get an example diet from you or something!

Thanks mate.

Joel.
    Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence. R.I.P ZYZZ - YOU WILL BE MISSED BRAH March 24 1989 - August 6 2011

Originally Posted by EVO-PT View Post
    Skip Iam looking at competing but Iam having a very tough time with my diet..Iam really lost at what to do and Iam stuggling to get lean/shredded!

Iam currently 22 - been training since I was 15 - when I started I used MaxxOT training and also VP2 by the bucket load lol....over the last few yrs my training has been more Powerlifting based but Iam looking at getting back into bodybuilding full-time and getting shredded for the 1st time in yrs!

<<<<< Stats are in my info..

Iam using a HIGH fat, Low to no carb, HIGH protein diet atm but 1. I feel like **** and 2. I think seeing as though I cut my carbs so much it makes me want to cheat more...

Really would love your advice or even get an example diet from you or something!

Thanks mate.

Joel.
    Send me an email at skip@skiplacour.com and I will give TIMELESS Contest Prep information with FREE access into my Members Only web site.

Diets, training routines, tips, pictures, and much more inside.

Skip could you tell us abit about your shoulder injury that you had last year (i heard you mention it on your radio show) and how you got back to 100% from it? (like what rehab exercises you did)

I have a annoying nagging shoulder injury that has set me back a couple of weeks and its still not good enough to train chest and shoulders heavy and its getting really annoying (doing rehab on it so hopefully im back soon enough).

How did you deal with the mental/physical struggle of not being able to train properly? and what did you do for chest/shoulder training? did you train light or nothing at all or did you have to modify your technique on those exercises like half reps?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by RichardSWE View Post
    Skip could you tell us abit about your shoulder injury that you had last year (i heard you mention it on your radio show) and how you got back to 100% from it? (like what rehab exercises you did)

I have a annoying nagging shoulder injury that has set me back a couple of weeks and its still not good enough to train chest and shoulders heavy and its getting really annoying (doing rehab on it so hopefully im back soon enough).

How did you deal with the mental/physical struggle of not being able to train properly? and what did you do for chest/shoulder training? did you train light or nothing at all or did you have to modify your technique on those exercises like half reps?

Thanks.
    The injury that I suffered was from the tightening and shortening of the muscle from constant heavy training over the years--and not enough stretching. The muscle fibers just got shorter and shorter.

It took months for the muscles that wrapped around my shoulder, all the way through the triceps, down the elbow to elongate. It was very painful not only when I trained, but also during the day just sitting or doing computer work. I even had trouble sleeping. I never had any injury stop me from doing a workout as planned during my competitive career. And, this happened twice since then.

I put a lot more time into stretching than I did years ago, that's for sure.

It was very tough emotionally. But the best I could do was do my best during every workout. Some days it was better--and some days it was worse. All I could do was the best I could on that day. Eventually, it got better and better until one day, I was completely healed.

Really, that's all any of us can do when we have an injury that doesn't require surgery.

Today's quote:

*"The success you want will be 10x more difficult than you first thought; take 10x longer; be 10x more expensive; 10x more frustrating; and AT THE START, produce 1/10th the results you hoped for. Successful people don't complain about the struggles that they went through ANYMORE. That's why it seems easy for them. Until you've quit 11 times, wipe away your tears, man up, get back to work, and make it happen for you."

Talking

The injury that I suffered was from the tightening and shortening of the muscle from constant heavy training over the years--and not enough stretching. The muscle fibers just got shorter and shorter.

It took months for the muscles that wrapped around my shoulder, all the way through the triceps, down the elbow to elongate. It was very painful not only when I trained, but also during the day just sitting or doing computer work. I even had trouble sleeping. I never had any injury stop me from doing a workout as planned during my competitive career. And, this happened twice since then.

I put a lot more time into stretching than I did years ago, that's for sure.

It was very tough emotionally. But the best I could do was do my best during every workout. Some days it was better--and some days it was worse. All I could do was the best I could on that day. Eventually, it got better and better until one day, I was completely healed.

Really, that's all any of us can do when we have an injury that doesn't require surgery.
    Interesting, thanks for the reply

Today's Quote:

"You better be able to BACK UP everything you ask or demand of other people with your own actions and abilities. Otherwise, you just look out-of-touch and foolish. The sad thing is no one will have the guts to give you a wake up call and tell you you're living in an incongruent world of fantasy. Never ask of others what you can't deliver yourself."

For more motivating quotes, bodybuilding tips, articles, and videos, join my ******** page at:

http://www.********.com/skiplacour#!...r/113085909587

EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Send me an email at skip@skiplacour.com and I will give TIMELESS Contest Prep information with FREE access into my Members Only web site.

Diets, training routines, tips, pictures, and much more inside.
    Emailed mate!
    Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence. R.I.P ZYZZ - YOU WILL BE MISSED BRAH March 24 1989 - August 6 2011

Today's Quote:

"STEP UP YOUR GAME physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically, and financially. It's amazing how the quality of people you attract into your life will dramatically improve. If you have great people in your life, APPRECIATE it. If you tend to complain about the quality of people in your life, THINK about it. As ...the saying goes 'Water seeks its own level.'"

For more motivating quotes, bodybuilding tips, articles, and videos, join my ******** page at:

Visit my website at http://www.skiplacour.com

Today's Quote:

"What oftentimes prevents success is when people adopt the misguided belief that they're SPECIAL just for 'showing up' in life. I hate to break it to you, but what MAKES you special is when you actually DO special things that average people (and even GOOD people) can't or won't do. The only place where you're considered special for just for showing up is Sunday School."

Visit my website at http://www.skiplacour.com

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 364 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast