Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1949
    onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50) onesandnines will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I keep changing my routine for the past 2 years.

I don't know which routine, or exercises to do. I want to lose fat and get a cut model/athletic type of body.

And I never know how many reps and sets to do. Help?? I try one routine and then stop, and then another and then stop.

BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BaCaRdI_GuY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by naturalKnox4 View Post
    i dont think there is anyway you could hit your muscle groups as well doing only one exercise each.
    I'm not. I'm doing 2 exercises each. But even so, part of me just doesn't like this style of lifting. My body just burns out too fast. Granted I just started, but I don't like not feeling drained in x bodypart when I'm done. Perhaps it's all in my mind, but I feel like I'm doing 50% for everything when I could be doing 100% for a couple muscles. I think I will go back to my normal routine, only I will alter it so I can still hit everything twice a week:

Chest/Bis (add a couple sets for back and tris)
    Shoulders/Forearms (add a couple sets for legs and abs)
    Off
    Back/Tris (add a couple sets for chest and bis )
    Legs/Abs (add a couple sets for shoulders and forearms)

This seems much more preferable.
    *entering the house of swoll*

"Excuse me, sir, you need to sign in..."

"Not now, chief. I'm in the f*ckin' zone."

Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000) Hnnggh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BaCaRdI_GuY View Post
    So I just went through my upper/lower split for the first time yesterday. It's new. Definitely exhausting, yet I wonder if it's enough? Opinions?

2x3 chest
    2x3 back
    2x2 bis
    2x2 tris
    2x2 delts

Took my about an 1:20 min. Normally I get done in an hour with the normal 1 muscle per week routine. Day after tomorrow I'm doing the same upper routine but changing exercises. Definitely feel more worked but I hate only doing 4 sets for the smaller muscles
    From a scientific point of view, I cringe at doing what you're doing. But each to their own.

FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yo, thanks for the help earlier, I've been having good progress. I have another question that's kind of off the wall, I'm going to be traveling for 2 weeks, won't have access to any gyms or equipment.

If I do bodyweight exercises while I'm gone, am I likely to at least stay around the same strength as I am now or am I going to be on dat lightweight time after I get back?

Any exercises you can recommend?

The only good thing is I'm going to have plenty of food while I'm gone, so I'm sure I won't lose weight (I'll probably gain if anything).
    Do I even lift?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142588721

Competitive shooting chat thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162987591

| MFCi |

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bybon!

Help me out .... Every time I do Tricep pushdowns .. I get this really painful shoulder pain on the left shoulder, I have no idea what's causing it. I do have a ''slight'' RC cuff issue, but it never flares up when unless I'm going all the way to failure with a spotter on certain exercies (skulcrushers/incline bench).... But I dunno, it doesnt seem like an RC related issue

What do you reckon the problem is? have you had it? any way to get rid of it and I dont want to take out Tricep Pushdowns out of my routine.
    Sig line can't be a novel

CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quick question and then a request for some advice!

My elbows have been hurting when doing incline db press. I have lowered the weight and am focusing on form but i think im going to narrow? Anyone know why this is?

Now, my current deadlift goes like this, on wednesdays (beginning of back day) and once on the weekend (after squats)

on both days
    1st set 145x8-10
    2nd-4th 225x5-6

Is this s a good routine to progress in the deadlift?My goal is to hit 305x1 by november. i have only been doing it for a few months
    -USC-Bakers-Raiders-

Rahmit inmah ashol

bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GayBarrier View Post
    What are all the benefits of having a cheat day once a week? I've noticed that my cut is being accelerated a lot by having a crazy cheat day every saturday where I literally eat 7000+ calories of basically anything I desire. What say you?
    I like to do the same and I believe it hastens my cut...but we both know it's all anecdotal. Maybe Hnng has some science to go with it, but I have yet to come across any.

That's the thing with bodybuilding-if you do something that works for you, it may be labeled broscience/placebo. Of course, that isn't always a bad thing; I've saved loads of money by not buying supplements since pretty much all results from supps are placebo/negligible.
    Frank B. Colton synthesized Nilevar. It is the first anabolic steroid released commercially in 1957 by Searle.

bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bybon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SAfriBrah View Post
    Back Biceps today looked like this

Deadlifts (no shoes) 1 x 12 3 x 8 4 x 6 2 x 4 (Couldnt hold on to bar to do 1 x 2!!!)
    DB Bent Over Row 4 x 8
    Low Row 4 x 8
    Close Grip Pull downs 4 x 8
    Ez bar curls 4 x 8
    Db curls 4 x 8

Any suggestions??
    First suggestion-get chalk (or the spray if gym doesn't allow chalk)

Since you already have a Row movement, replace one with Pull-ups. This way you can put more focus on your lats and teres major/minor to make a complete back.

Drop the one of the curls (the one that you get the least response from) and add more sets to the one you choose to keep. Have some sets where you do low reps so you can get your curl strength up (and thus, bigger biceps). 6 sets minimum.

Add in brachioradialis and forearm work; 1 exercise for each group. I like Reverse BB Curls for Brachio and Behind the back BB Wrist Curls for the forearms.

Most important suggestion-experiment. This **** may not work for you like it does me. Just remember-your goal is to find what best stimulates your muscle, and to keep it as simple as possible.

Good luck.
    Frank B. Colton synthesized Nilevar. It is the first anabolic steroid released commercially in 1957 by Searle.

Originally Posted by naturalKnox4 View Post
    care to elaborate on this movement, please?
    Like this:

Obviously, not that ****ing slow, lol. I go a lot heavier, too. Usually 80s for 8 reps. Now that I've taken a (quite long) break, I'm back down to 70s; feelsbadman

Just be sure to feel those lats being stretched as you lower your arms and to get those shoulder blades pinched in the upper portion of the movement. It's all about the feeling.

Originally Posted by EvanAlmighty View Post
    first off, thanks for taking your time to read my posts and answering each question to the best of your ability. ur the man and i wish i could rep you 1000x over

so what does ur arm day look like? cuz thats my thursday this week, and my cousin is gonna be with me so i wanna look like i know what im doing haha. so u got ur four tri exercises of choice, u only do one bi exercise on arm day? and what about forearm work? i could bring those up for sure

and tomorrow ima hit delts, so i was thinking of going in reverse order, rear delts, side, then front, because in terms of size/development my rear and side delts need a lot more work to be up to par to the front.

so the bent rear delt flyes for like 4x8 (do u use the same weight for each set? any warm up set?), leaning lat raises (i tried em last week and idk if im doing them right, cuz i feel the muscle being worked and all but is there a point where i can squeeze the muscle and get the most out of it?), then finish with ohp for a pyramid of what u suggested
    No problem; I love helping others.

I'll get back to this post when I get off of work.

iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can't train legs for a long while because of runners knee and i picked up an anjury.
    ( i've got big calves so it wont matter nomsayin)

Anyone suggest a beginners routine for ONLY upper body?

WILL REPP YOU FOR LIFE
    Nursing Student

>< Manchester United ><
    Fractured arm:Jan 16 2014
    Torn meniscus: April 28 2014

DIDNT ASK LOL

xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xenowhat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today or tomorrow I'm doing chest/tris. How does my workout look?

Flat BB
    Pec Dec/Flys
    Incline BB
    Low pulley whatever it's called (you bring your hands up and together)

Standing OH extensions with barbell
    Pushdowns with the V-handle thing
    Dips

iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iBrooklyn View Post
    Can't train legs for a long while because of runners knee and i picked up an anjury.

WILL REPP YOU FOR LIFE
    pls respond
    Nursing Student

>< Manchester United ><
    Fractured arm:Jan 16 2014
    Torn meniscus: April 28 2014

DIDNT ASK LOL

Originally Posted by EvanAlmighty View Post
    first off, thanks for taking your time to read my posts and answering each question to the best of your ability. ur the man and i wish i could rep you 1000x over

so what does ur arm day look like? cuz thats my thursday this week, and my cousin is gonna be with me so i wanna look like i know what im doing haha. so u got ur four tri exercises of choice, u only do one bi exercise on arm day? and what about forearm work? i could bring those up for sure

and tomorrow ima hit delts, so i was thinking of going in reverse order, rear delts, side, then front, because in terms of size/development my rear and side delts need a lot more work to be up to par to the front.

so the bent rear delt flyes for like 4x8 (do u use the same weight for each set? any warm up set?), leaning lat raises (i tried em last week and idk if im doing them right, cuz i feel the muscle being worked and all but is there a point where i can squeeze the muscle and get the most out of it?), then finish with ohp for a pyramid of what u suggested
    My arm day looks like this (the number of sets can increase due to having more energy)

Triceps (triceps first; it's the biggest muscle group in Arms)
    V-Bar Pushdown 1x15-20, 1x12, 1x10, 2x8, 1x6, 1x4
    Lying DB Extension 4x8
    Overhead Rope Extension 4x8 (The days I have low energy I skip this)
    1-Arm Reverse Grip Pushdown supersetted with 1-arm pushdown 3x10/3x10

Biceps:
    DB Standing Curl 1x15-20, 2-3x4-5, 1x8, 2x10 (I hate myself after curling, le pain)

Brachioradialis:
    BB Reverse Curls 4x8

Forearms (wrist flexors)
    BB Behind The Back Wrist Curls 4x8

------------------------------------------------

Sounds good about delts. Always hit the lagging parts first.

When I say 4x8 any time, I mean to use the same weight. Remember, pick a weight that you can't finish out straight sets with. For example, if it's 4x8, pick a weight that you'l be able to complete 3x8, and the 4th set you should only be able to do a few. Once you can do a full 4x8, go up 5-10lbs. That's progressive overload and what we want.

Did you go too heavy with leaning laterals? I only use 10,15s, or 20s. Remember though, what may work for me may not for you. Find what is best; it's your duty to your body.

Originally Posted by ToDaChange View Post
    Please critique my forms.

Lowered all of them weights because of my hip joint pain.
    Great depth on the squat. The minor issue (which could cause major issues) is your setup-Get under the bar, get your back tight and locked, and get your back straighter. That's why you had issue with first going down.

Remember as you go to the bar-keep the bar on your back very locked and tight; keep back straight. You will find the "locked and tight" practice easier once you get bigger traps (since the traps act as a cushion).

The RDL was good too-just don't jerk the bar up (I know; it was light), and get it closer to the shins, dragging it up.

Best of luck.

Originally Posted by onesandnines View Post
    I keep changing my routine for the past 2 years.

I don't know which routine, or exercises to do. I want to lose fat and get a cut model/athletic type of body.

And I never know how many reps and sets to do. Help?? I try one routine and then stop, and then another and then stop.
    Man, you could've spent those two years experimenting with exercise, sets, reps, etc; but that's life, isn't it?

Stick with the basics. Be sure to do no less than 3 sets. Use all rep ranges, but don't past 15-20 (the weight will be so light that the only use for 15-20 rep sets is warmup). Warm up on the first exercise of your bodypart.

Now, use this information, split up days into bodyparts (a good start is one bodypart per day), and build yourself a routine!

I will be right here to help you build one; put time and effort into it. I don't believe in babysitting others, but I will definitely be here to help you fine-tune your routine/guide you.

Go get started and report back!

Originally Posted by FitStick View Post
    Yo, thanks for the help earlier, I've been having good progress. I have another question that's kind of off the wall, I'm going to be traveling for 2 weeks, won't have access to any gyms or equipment.

If I do bodyweight exercises while I'm gone, am I likely to at least stay around the same strength as I am now or am I going to be on dat lightweight time after I get back?

Any exercises you can recommend?

The only good thing is I'm going to have plenty of food while I'm gone, so I'm sure I won't lose weight (I'll probably gain if anything).
    The problem is that strength loss is individualistic. I won't lose any strength after two weeks.

Just stick to the basic bodyweight exercises, but get creative when you can. I'm sure there'll be things there that have weight to 'em.

Most of all, have fun.

Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    Bybon!

Help me out .... Every time I do Tricep pushdowns .. I get this really painful shoulder pain on the left shoulder, I have no idea what's causing it. I do have a ''slight'' RC cuff issue, but it never flares up when unless I'm going all the way to failure with a spotter on certain exercies (skulcrushers/incline bench).... But I dunno, it doesnt seem like an RC related issue

What do you reckon the problem is? have you had it? any way to get rid of it and I dont want to take out Tricep Pushdowns out of my routine.
    Not sure what it could be; I know if you lean too far forward, use your arms more than just bending at the elbows, or bend your knees too much, you're gonna hit your shoulders on pressdowns.

See if your form is the issue. If not, stop doing pressdowns the way you're doing them and try them with a different bar, even try the 1-arm bars.

If that still doesn't solve it, it may spell an end to pressdowns for you :O

Originally Posted by CurryTech777 View Post
    Quick question and then a request for some advice!

My elbows have been hurting when doing incline db press. I have lowered the weight and am focusing on form but i think im going to narrow? Anyone know why this is?

Now, my current deadlift goes like this, on wednesdays (beginning of back day) and once on the weekend (after squats)

on both days
    1st set 145x8-10
    2nd-4th 225x5-6

Is this s a good routine to progress in the deadlift?My goal is to hit 305x1 by november. i have only been doing it for a few months
    See if increasing width will fix the elbow pain. If not, try wide grip BB incline.

No. You need to have some sets where you go up in weight (i.e. pyramid) and I wouldn't do reps past 5. I always did sets of 1-4 when I got my deads up past 500.

Originally Posted by iBrooklyn View Post

WILL REPP YOU FOR LIFE
    Don't know anyone else routine, but why don't you make one?

Just hit upper body twice a week. Basic exercises. Sets no less than 3. All rep ranges.

mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmhn34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmmm

Originally Posted by xenowhat View Post
    Today or tomorrow I'm doing chest/tris. How does my workout look?

Flat BB
    Pec Dec/Flys
    Incline BB
    Low pulley whatever it's called (you bring your hands up and together)

Standing OH extensions with barbell
    Pushdowns with the V-handle thing
    Dips
    Remove the pec deck; use those sets and add them into Flat Benching.

After dips, add a superset of 1-arm reverse grip pushdowns with 1-arm pushdowns (to ensure enough stimulus for the long head and overall tricep head).

Originally Posted by mmhn34 View Post
    hmmm
    Welcome; jump in bud.

GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GGekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Any tips on getting better form for BB rows? I always feel like when I concentrate on form the weight is way too light and when I go heavier I start using my hips.

Originally Posted by GGekko View Post
    Any tips on getting better form for BB rows? I always feel like when I concentrate on form the weight is way too light and when I go heavier I start using my hips.
    Experiment with the angle and how much you bend your knees. Some people like their upper body to be parallel with the ground..some like the upper body to lean at 45 degrees or so with knees bent..some like it other ways.

Find your way.

hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoopsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I thought it might be better to give deadlifts their own day so they dont take away from anything else but now I think having a third rest day instead would serve me better. What do you think of this split

day 1 - deadlifts + accessory work
    day 2- back + biceps
    day 3 - chest + triceps
    day 4 - legs + biceps
    day 5 - shoulders + triceps
    day 6 - rest
    day 7 - rest

VERSUS

day 1- back + biceps (with deadlifts to start)
    day 2- chest + triceps
    day 3 - rest
    day 4 - legs + biceps
    day 6 - rest
    day 7 - rest

CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does anyone who views this thread not take a rest day? I train 6 days a week and on the 7th day im out in the sun (texas) playing ultimate frisbee for around 2 hours.
    -USC-Bakers-Raiders-

Rahmit inmah ashol

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bybon View Post
    Not sure what it could be; I know if you lean too far forward, use your arms more than just bending at the elbows, or bend your knees too much, you're gonna hit your shoulders on pressdowns.

See if your form is the issue. If not, stop doing pressdowns the way you're doing them and try them with a different bar, even try the 1-arm bars.

If that still doesn't solve it, it may spell an end to pressdowns for you :O

Thanks for responding brah.

Damn, I dont wanna stop doing those ... I do lean forward quite a bit, I reckon I'll make a new thread concerning it, I cant be the only one who gets this pain haha.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Originally Posted by hoopsbrah View Post
    I thought it might be better to give deadlifts their own day so they dont take away from anything else but now I think having a third rest day instead would serve me better. What do you think of this split

day 1 - deadlifts + accessory work
    day 2- back + biceps
    day 3 - chest + triceps
    day 4 - legs + biceps
    day 6 - rest
    day 7 - rest

VERSUS

day 1- back + biceps (with deadlifts to start)
    day 2- chest + triceps
    day 3 - rest
    day 4 - legs + biceps
    day 6 - rest
    day 7 - rest
    You said another rest day will probably do you better. Get another rest day then.

Originally Posted by CurryTech777 View Post
    Does anyone who views this thread not take a rest day? I train 6 days a week and on the 7th day im out in the sun (texas) playing ultimate frisbee for around 2 hours.
    Definitely; rest days are crucial.