Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Elvis.Costello View Post
    Less concerned with the attractiveness than I am with the disturbing nature of the character models in general. They don't just look fukking weird to you guys?
    I agree with this, the models just look off and their movments in the cut scenes.

but whether the girl characters are 5s or 8s is not something a normal person should even consider

AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Less concerned with the attractiveness than I am with the disturbing nature of the character models in general. They don't just look fukking weird to you guys?
    Thats also the main problem. The whole "aesthetics" debate started off as that and eventually evolved into an argument over how it looks in general. The models look super potato with strange animations and facial expressions. For example

And the worst offender:
    http://i.4cdn.org/v/1488328229702.webm

tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm really confused by the story...I thought we were going to a new galaxy where humans hadn't been before? If that's the case, then why in the exploration video are the main characters meeting other humans, krogans, etc.? Or do I have a completely wrong understanding of what this game's about?
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    ..Make the Misc Great..
    .Again - Donald Trump.
    |___________|
    `````\ (•◡•) /
    ``````` \ /
    ``````` ---
    ``````` | |

AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tnel00 View Post
    I'm really confused by the story...I thought we were going to a new galaxy where humans hadn't been before? If that's the case, then why in the exploration video are the main characters meeting other humans, krogans, etc.? Or do I have a completely wrong understanding of what this game's about?
    This has been confusing me too. SlootRyder went to go meet someone influential on one of the planets in a gameplay trailer and it was a human. I'm wondering wtf the deal is with that

Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jamesbwbevis View Post
    7 sounds like a good number, not too much to make you think they're all shallow, not too few to make the game too short.

I think this game is going to deliver
    I have to agree with this. Im picturing under 10 planets, like zones in any RPG or MMO. Maybe we can land on others but not really explore them in a large way.
    Carb Mal-absorption, no breads, sugary snacks, rice, pasta...live off of 30-40g a day.
    Eosinophilic eso****itis, cant ingest dairy or my eso****us closes up

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/...player-freedom

Here's an interesting write up... Cautiously optimistic. Though, I'm still going to wait for more impressions and of course, reviews, but still, cautiously optimistic.

ah fuk who am I kidding .. I might go in day one because its still mass effect

Originally Posted by AD117 View Post
    This has been confusing me too. SlootRyder went to go meet someone influential on one of the planets in a gameplay trailer and it was a human. I'm wondering wtf the deal is with that

Same.. Apparently this will be explained further during the game and also because there were people sent to that cluster waaaayyy before the Ryders and their crew arrive.
    Sig line can't be a novel

tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    Same.. Apparently this will be explained further during the game and also because there were people sent to that cluster waaaayyy before the Ryders and their crew arrive.
    How? The game starts in 2185 which is only like 30 years or so after they discovered the mass relays.
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    ..Make the Misc Great..
    .Again - Donald Trump.
    |___________|
    `````\ (•◡•) /
    ``````` \ /
    ``````` ---
    ``````` | |

Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I might go in day one because its still mass effect
    its ok man...you wont be the only one. At this point Iv stopped watching or reading anything, since its so close to release. Im playing day one without question...because Mass Effect
    Carb Mal-absorption, no breads, sugary snacks, rice, pasta...live off of 30-40g a day.

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How? The game starts in 2185 which is only like 30 years or so after they discovered the mass relays.

Using FTL drives.

I'm just spouting stuff I've read on gaf.

keep the engine runnin eltwentyone's Avatar
    eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eltwentyone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cerberus probably ME can never let them go

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Slurgie View Post
    I took it as there are over 100 planets to fly your ship to and tap for resources (just like in the previous mass effect), and then there are a handful you can actually land on.
    That makes sense, I never played the original ones but heard about resources playing some part. Was it a mini-game or something of the likes in ME 1-3?

Looks like 7 planets that we can land on. Pretty good, especially if they claim each planet is bigger than the areas that were in Inquisition. Let's just hope that they can fill in those planets with meaningful side quests and characters with substance rather than mmo style fetch quests of DA:I. Also hope they're all varied and the flora/fauna look very alien .. Say what you will about No Mans Sky, but some of the worlds that game created were very alien like that made you feel like you were out in space.
    Agreed on all points, as this is a case where as long as less means more content per planet, it's a better end result for us. If the general premise of the game is essentially colonization, it would be miraculous enough to find a couple habitable planets, let alone seven. Too many would be stretching the feasibility in a "world" where space travel exists. Like, what in the hell were we doing in the old galaxy if tens of habitable planets were a space-hop over next door?

It was a bit hard to understand some of the habitat explanations, but this is the gist of the seven:
    Habitat 1: Arid world with fast underground rivers, dry desert
    Habitat 2: Large moon orbiting gas giant, minerals
    Habitat 3: Lush jungle canopies, rolling hills
    Habitat 4: Wealth of surface water
    Habitat 5: Turian and Quarians colonists, Extra protein life (?)
    Habitat 6: Wide oceans and temperate climate
    Habitat 7: Tropical paradise, first destination

The disappointment for me was the lack of any habitat with snow, so unless the fourth planet has a varied climate, as it is the only one that looked like it has the potential for a mixed environment, looks like a lot of jungles. The moon with the red plant life might have some polar regions, but that might also be expecting too much variation across however large the regions are in the game. At least the jungle environments offer plenty of room to display creative and alien worlds that take advantage of imaginative design freedom. I think planets like the first one will rely more on cities and outposts to be interesting because deserts are almost never remarkable in video games.

Referring back to the colonization hook of the story, perhaps that will allow the developers some room to play around with more intricate missions involving land disputes, dealing with hostile lifeforms, trade complications, and about any themes pertaining to colonization as a whole. Conceivably, they could expand upon real life examples throughout history to create intergalactic parallels or use them for jumping off points to bring depth to the mission structure.
    Indeed, the human characters in the game all must have oddly proportioned models that tickle an uncanny valley response or something. Leaving subjective attractiveness out of the equation, they look goofy, especially in movement as AD117's example of fem-Ryder shows. Some of it is the body movement, but the facial models especially look... off.

- Always on the verge of self-defecating male-Ryder
    Spoiler!

- This weird as hell facial expression:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

- Group shot:
    Spoiler!

It's a bit of a shame to go from Shepard in the original trilogy...

...to the "Are we having fun yet?!" beer ad actor in Party Down/Leslie Knope's husband.

The original concept for the male protagonist looked anatomically human and more believable:
    Spoiler!

...While also not looking like he was constantly about to sh*t himself.
    Likewise, what we can see through the visor, the female (presumably) Ryder looks much more natural:
    Spoiler!

The best I can chalk it up to is some uncanny valley effect because the current human models impart a disconnect that is difficult to describe. Contrary to this, all of the alien races look superb. Even the more "covered up" humans who are encased in body armor with helmets look better than when Bioware tries to humanize their characters. Considering that a large part of their goal with the series is meaningful inter-personal relationships, ensuring that the humans in particular don't look like synths is crucial in achieving that.
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask

Wot dey heel?!?

Am I being trolled right now ..... We meet the first ever Gay Krogan (srs watch the video to believe lmao)

And wtf is up with that lip sync? that's fukkin horrid.

Will say though, those alien characters look great. I hope the PS4 pro visuals are almost on par with PC because it does look quite nice even though the human character models leave a lot to be desired. Weird.

Wot dey heel?!?

Am I being trolled right now ..... We meet the first ever Gay Krogan (srs watch the video to believe lmao)

Will say though, those alien characters look great. I hope the PS4 pro visuals are almost on par with PC because it does look quite nice even though the human character models leave a lot to be desired. Weird.
    2:07

Jesus fking christ, I almost spit my coffee out lol. It's a female Krogan, but still.

More and more I'm convinced I should just go Charles Vane on this one
    Last edited by AD117; 03-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^fukkin lold hard at the voice.

Also tfw can't be

and have to be young Nolan North sounding dude instead. (The banter reminds me of Nathan Drake lol)

Edit: I'm still kind of finding it hard not to be excited for this though. Hopefully it's good
    Last edited by Elvis.Costello; 03-07-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    SCC - Redskins - Wizards
    2021 Goal - regain the shreds

Wot dey heel?!?

jesus that human females lip sync was utter sh*t...and I believe that was a female krogan.

Iam tempted to buy it on my PS4 pro since I have a 4k/ HDR TV.

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i just care about the story tbh... mass effect 2's story is the reason why i loved that game.

cerberus, the mystery man guy, the reapers, gathering the strongest of the galaxy
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000) Driftslut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure if linked yet, but

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda...arks-and-nexus

Looks like there were several arks, one for each species if I'm not mistaken; and it sounds like the other ones and the nexus (with some humans already aboard it) arrived earlier than Hyperion?

[youtube]2Xe4NoXadPI[youtube]
    @ 2:26

"and looking for the turian ark"

interdasting.jpg

GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GenghisBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wot dey heel?!?

Fukin lol at bioware

bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkozyn19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ban me if this somehow doesn't turn out to be Mass Effect: Inquisition

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AD117 View Post
    Damn is this the model the Asari was based off?
    The ugly Asari that everyone is baggin on?
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So this is the actual model of the female Ryder:

This is what we get:

Like wtf:

How do you fuk that up that badly?

Meanwhile, a game from 7 years ago:

And it isn't even like they fuked up the guy that badly, he looks fairly similar:

It's just too bad they chose to pick a guy who looks like a complete chode to model the character after. Will actually change his appearance this time (left my Shepard untouched).

Ignoring the fact that they deliberately are making the chicks less attractive, the character models look straight out of Fallout 4 (ie. terrible) and the old ME trilogy games look better. The animations are also laughably bad.
    Not part of any crews crew

Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why does every race of intelligent life in this game just happen to have two arms and two legs, that doesn't seem realistic

The storyline confuses me as well, they go to a new a galaxy and boom, the new races they encounter yet again have two arms and two legs, why does everything have two fcking arms and two legs, doesn't make sense.

The anatomy of two arms and legs should only be applicable to humans and life on earth, not realistic unless every other race you see that have this earth exclusive gene evolved from the same particles humans did on earth.

So what do you guys think....with a 980ti and older i7-4930k, should I get the game on PC or stick with my PS4pro. Only reason Im starting to question it is because I have a 55", 4k TV with HDR and after hearing the recommended specs, I feel like the game might be far more enjoyable with a controller and actually look better on with the PS4 and TV.

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I may talk chit about the game, I may hate the kunts who made it, but fuk me sideways am I hyped.

Only 11 days ya filthy kunts.
    Not part of any crews crew

Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slurgie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
    So what do you guys think....with a 980ti and older i7-4930k, should I get the game on PC or stick with my PS4pro. Only reason Im starting to question it is because I have a 55", 4k TV with HDR and after hearing the recommended specs, I feel like the game might be far more enjoyable with a controller and actually look better on with the PS4 and TV.
    If you don't mind using a controller then there's no reason not to. Bioware isn't know for making great PC ports, and there are no mods for ME so it's not like you're missing out. Graphics might be a little worse on ps4 but not by a big margin.

nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Wot dey heel?!?

I'm not sure about the "female Krogan" thing, because that was the gayest gay lisp I've heard that was completely unironic. 50/50 shot of it going down like this:
    Spoiler!

At the rate Bioware's been, I'm worried that they're just going to see how bananas they can get.

As a whole, though, I don't know who approves these videos because they're not exactly selling their own work with that human lip-syncing. Aren't they using motion capture? I could understand if it was a character you created having spotty movements, but NPCs looking that off is poor form.

I guess it doesn't matter much if I plan on doing a space-Archer run because I'm just going to be a dick to them either way.

The most disturbing part of that video was at 2:55 with the docking bay. Slam poetry and singing?! Good gott Bioware's gone off the deep end. Know what, screw it. I'm going for space-Voldemort to cleanse the galaxy of all slam poets.
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    Dear lord.. It looks like bioware colabed with bethesda. And I also don't get the story... New galaxy, inhabited by all of the races from our galaxy? U wot.
    I thought it's a bit odd myself, but it seems like the timeline coincides with the possibility that the reapers destroy all of the Milky Way galaxy species in the first trilogy, so if I'm understanding this correctly, these are just a backup plan to preserve everyone.

I found a pretty in-depth article explaining the basic gist well enough, with an interesting note regarding who is behind it:
    Spoiler!

Or the more official description/sales pitch from the Mass Effect Andromeda website:
    Spoiler!

So, I guess powerful people and perhaps some ulterior motive leave more to imagination, with more complications you deal with:
    Spoiler!

Maybe they're going for a Game of Thrones in Space setup with cooperating pawns being used to fight for the "powerful people" or whatever they've come up with.

The expedition itself has a small space station (The Nexus) and four other "arks" for different Milky Way species led by a "Pathfinder," which is the Ryder twins' dad, Alec Ryder. Now, here is where I get lost, because he's described in the article as such:
    Your dad has been retconned into Mass Effect lore and casts a pretty big shadow. Not only is he an N7 marine - the designation reserved for Earth’s very best soldiers - but he was also one of the first ever humans to enter a mass relay under the leadership of Alliance hero Jon Grissom. Alec fought the Turians during the First Contact War, after humanity got a little too keen on exploring mass relays, and has done pioneering research into artificial intelligence, having built the AI that serves the human Pathfinder team, SAM.
    ... so why am I supposed to get excited to play as one of his soy latte sipping children, again?

Otherwise, I do see the potential available - it just has to be done right. With a short supply of ideal planets to colonize and the different arks not arriving with equal footing, there could certainly be contention over land claims and other similar competitive interests putting these originally allied arks against one another. Assuming this is all taking place during a looming threat to the Milky Way inhabitants, it makes enough sense for everyone to want to get the hell, or if any hidden actors setting up the initiative are banking on these colonists to do the hard work for them and then inevitably kill each other off enough to make way for an easy take over.
    Originally Posted by Maxamanius View Post
    Why does every race of intelligent life in this game just happen to have two arms and two legs, that doesn't seem realistic

The storyline confuses me as well, they go to a new a galaxy and boom, the new races they encounter yet again have two arms and two legs, why does everything have two fcking arms and two legs, doesn't make sense.

The anatomy of two arms and legs should only be applicable to humans and life on earth, not realistic unless every other race you see that have this earth exclusive gene evolved from the same particles humans did on earth.
    Everything you ask can be answered with, "Easier to bone."

At least that's what I'm guessing that's how BioWare would explain it.

Stepping away from what I'm guessing are Bioware's autoerotic reasonings for so many bipedal races, I ran across an article discussing why the Kett were clothed, which might help give some insight as to the choices they made overall. The general takeaway I'm getting is that because they want this to be a very interpersonal game between you and the characters, they wanted to avoid any distracting or so alien that they lose any empathetic appeal. Now, I think that they should revisit that thought process with the human expressions and motion capture, because the more humanoid a race looks, the more wretched they come across.

In that respect, I can understand this direction, but what I find more important is avoiding inherent silliness that something like Star Wars brings. The new "Angara" race might just end up being a pissy bunch of discount gungans with bunny noses:
    Spoiler!

...But at least nothing shown thus far has been as laughably absurd as anything approved by George Lucas. It sounds like there are only two completely new races, so it's not too bad - and we haven't seen what other types of creatures and wildlife will populate the game, so hopefully it is cohesive enough in the end.

Then there are the Remnant as a synthetic curve ball, which probably take the entire humanoid appearance for a completely different turn. I'd guess that the brief shot of some mechanical object in the first trailer...
    Spoiler!

... is a tease of what the Remnant are capable of looking like. Going off of google rather than my own familiarity of the first games, I wonder if they're going to have anything to do with the Geth/Reapers synthetics, but I hope not because that could run the risk of soft-reboot territory instead of being 100% original.
    Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
    I have a 980ti myself and an i7-5930k, and I'd go with the PC version just for the frame rate bump and possibility of mods later down the line. Dragon Age Inquisition is the most recent Bioware title and it has mods on the Nexus site.

As far as controllers go, this time they confirmed that the PC version will support them.

There is some differing recommendations between Nvidia and EA for what can be achieved:

EA:
    Spoiler!

Nvidia says that a 1060 can achieve 60fps on high settings.

So unless you're planning on buying day 1, it might be wise to see if Bioware cocked up the PC optimization - just in case. Otherwise, it might depend on how well your TV displays lower frames per second because if it's not much of a bother, the (likely) 30fps might not be as irksome.

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    story looks good. only thing that seems bad about the game are the chit looking main characters. your sister is the only attractive thing in your crew and you can't even romance her god damn it

actually looks hnnng and u can't even bang. it's like the game wants you to think about how incest should be legal
    Last edited by 2RDEYE; 03-11-2017 at 06:15 AM.
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

Originally Posted by 2RDEYE View Post
    story looks good. only thing that seems bad about the game are the chit looking main characters. your is sister the only attractive thing in your crew and you can't even romance her god damn it

https://abload.de/img/5151510kuxu.jpg

actually looks hnnng and u can't even bang. it's like the game wants you to think about how incest should be legal
    Hidden Achievement Unlocked

(Another) article I found on VG247 focuses exclusively on ME:A's romance options, as well as the writer's experience playing a preview. I'd say what's more disturbing is this part of the character/romance breakdowns:
    Peebee
    Scott Ryder could not seem to resist flirting with Peebee; the option came up multiple times in our chat, which seemed to be the first opportunity the pair had had to really get to know each other. Peebee was very open about her life and experiences – I won’t spoil what she actually said – but much more guarded about her immediate plans, even as she asked Ryder for help with them.

Achievement Unlocked: Looong Trip

In all seriousness, though, I don't want to set my expectations too high because I can see how ME:A could pull off some truly compelling and dynamic storytelling - especially if they've been taking notes on the wealth of television series that have created plenty of examples of how (and how not) to do extended stories with interconnecting plots and deep character relations.

broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol it's not just the females that are disgusting, look at the MC proportions. Literally unplayable

Pretty sure it is only a matter of time until an actual cuckold character is in a bw game
    That's my secret Captain. I'm always shredded