Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    im about to go do my own "crossfit" workout

taking the barbell and weights outside, i have a pullup bar under my deck, going to do push presses, cleans, pullups, sprints, etc. just a fun way for me to get a killer cardio workout and still hit my whole body

but i still fcuking hate crossfit because %99 of people who do it are elitist *******s who will tell anyone who will listen how they deadlifted 315 or did ******* pullups.
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a little crossfit section in my gym that I do deadlifts in. There's always two workouts posted up. One is called "Elite Fit" which is the workout for fatties and weaklings, then there is "Elite Freak" for anyone who is in decent shape. At least that's what I'm assuming (never been to one of their crossfit classes) Yesterday the Elite Freak workout was just 20 minutes on the row machine and 20 minutes running. WTF brb getting marathon runner physique.
    PRs:
    Squat: 630 (sleeves)
    Deadlift: 735 (straps)
    Strict OHP: 330
    Log Clean & Press: 360
    Gave stickyashell hope and now he's back in strength sports crew

Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuburbanLegend View Post
    It's actually pretty popular with a decent amount of athletes because it helps more with explosiveness than traditional lifting. Really important in sports like baseball, tennis, and the like where being quick is infinitely more important than being strong.

Honestly, who cares? I do kipping when I can't do any more pullups and it definitely helps me gain strength and muscle. As long as people are working out instead of being fatasses, it's a good thing.

The only thing that I think is stupid is the cost. That's a lot of money to shell out.
    This is NOT true. Ive been to multiple conferences with high level college and pro trainers and they outlaw "crossfit" workouts. Now when you talk about functionality, strength, speed and power thats a whole different thing...crossfit did a great job branding functional fitness....

You want to see what athletes do? Check out the brian cushing workouts from Defrancos gym on youtube, sadly some people call that crossfit...which its not.

with all of that being said, my only issue is the lack of knowledge and prep to become a trainer/crossfit junky...a lot of injuries and a lot of eliteists

Registered User MyWarriorSpirit's Avatar
    MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyWarriorSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have a gym you go to or a home gym you really don't need to join a crossfit gym. I started workout doing crossfit when I was a lot bigger and it does help you cut weight. The only reason I went to a gym is because I have never lifted before and didn't know the correct posture or form for a lot of the crossfit exercises. But you can go to: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html and get all the exercises you want from it. I have a friend that is in the Marine Corp and is ripped from doing the exercises except he just workouts out at home. Another good thing about the site is it puts out a WOD (Workout Of the Day) up everyday. So you don't really need to go to a specific gym to get the workout plans either.

But crossfit can help, the gym I just went to cost $100 a month, so went down to Anytime Fitness for $30 a month and can do the same thing, with the equipment they have there. Hope this helps brah

You're doing it wrong. BladeRun's Avatar
    BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Most of the hate on this board comes from the claims of Crossfit's superiority to bodybuilding for building muscle. The rest comes from prioritizing number of reps over form.

There's a lot of broscience behind the founder, Greg Glassman's philosophy, but that in of itself is no different than bodybuilding really.
    "You are a factory of sadness."

magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    crossfit thinks harder=better

i can go run suicides for 15 minutes and be completely dead. that does not make me an elite athlete.

strength train and condition. its the same shiit people have been doing for 100 years. there is nothing new under the sun.

if you have a beastly 10K and a double bodyweight squat and a bodyweight press, i challenge you to go to a crossfit gym and measure yourself against crossfitters. odds are you will blow them away.

jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not reading all 4 pages, but I think a lot of the problem comes with the price. People pay up to $300 a month to be part of a gym, therefore many of them feel superior because they're in an exclusive club.
    ***Dirty South Crew***

VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lincolnmkv View Post

There is little focus on chest, so you see a lot of low bodyfat guys with big backs and big shoulders but birdchests... thought that was kind of weird.
    This pictures describes it all,

good luck with your bird chests of prosperity crossfiters

Origin of "Rape Sloth" meme:
    http://imgur.com/a/KITDV

whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whitey247 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried out a Crossfit fundamental class 3x a week for about a month. My experience was that the form they taught for the exercises was iffy and the WOD's were too heavy on overhead pressing and various forms of squats (and I love squats). In my opinion it was a little too much volume and focus on those two areas without proper accessory supplementation. Also, they went over diet guide lines, the typical Paleo/Zone thing, but protein/carbs/fat grams were never mentioned. I do have a new appreciation for the rowing machine however.

I know a bunch of people who have gotten in pretty good shape from Crossfit. However, I am also waiting to hear from some of these people how they tore a rotator cuff or blew their knee out. I also know some Crossfit athletes who get on the bench and do full pull ups and train with progressive weights. There are good knowledgeable Crossfitters and there are Crossfitters that are setting themselves and others for injury. I don't know, maybe I just don't get what some of these neighborhood "Boxes" are trying to do.

It's a little too hit and miss for me, but if you can find a legit trainer who knows about injury prevention, do what you want.
    Misc BJJ Crew
    Blue Belt

You're doing it wrong. BladeRun's Avatar
    BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Specifically the sh**storm started with this quote:

”The CrossFit protocol is designed to elicit a substantial neuroendocrine whollop and hence packs an anabolic punch that puts on impressive amounts of muscle though that is not our concern. Strength is. Natural bodybuilders (the natural ones that are not on steroids) never approach the mass that our ahtletes do. They don’t come close. Those athletes who train for function end up with better form than those who value form over function. This is one of the beautiful ironies of training.”

Followed by "science" like this:
    "...kipping allows more work to be done in less time, thus increasing power output."
    "You are a factory of sadness."

jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mix in boxing/jiu jitsu/wrestling into your normal strength routine and you will be in better shape than cross-fit ****s. Plus you will be able to say you train a sport.
    Relson Gracie Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Rep Back 500+

Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ”The CrossFit protocol is designed to elicit a substantial neuroendocrine whollop and hence packs an anabolic punch that puts on impressive amounts of muscle though that is not our concern. Strength is. Natural bodybuilders (the natural ones that are not on steroids) never approach the mass that our ahtletes do. They don’t come close. Those athletes who train for function end up with better form than those who value form over function. This is one of the beautiful ironies of training.

Holy **** I lost it there LOL

I begrudgingly did one WOD with my buddy who claims crossfit is the best thing ever and I noticed a few things.

1. I was the biggest person there
    2. None of the people who were instructing had any clue what they were doing or talking about.
    3. Harder =/= Better. Crossfit is ALL about the mentality that if it's extremely taxing it's working, which isn't always the case.
    4. I had better muscular endurance as a bodybuilder than they did as crossfitters.

However, they did beat me in the running aspect (I ****ing hate running)

I personally think crossfit is reinventing the toaster. No ****, cardio helps you lose weight. However all the BS "science" and elitism they have makes me hate it even more. I would never advocate crossfit for anyone (srs)

TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    its hard to believe all of you have the same story. Either 99% of you have gone to a very bad crossfit gym or you are lying. I have been to 3 gyms, all great people, few have that "im a crossfitter, I am god and i cant wait to go home and talk about crossfit attitude! All this stuff about doing compound moves a million times in a workout is bull! theres like 3 workouts that have it and its always just a push press with light weight.

Majority of you hate it cuz you havent tried it, you havent tried it cuz you cant. its simple, you can make everything good or bad. they dont hold hold a gun to your head and say squat stupidly...NOW.

crossfit doesnt always think harder=better. it thinks the harder you try the better. I really think all of you with crossfit people hate, have not been to a gym and met crossfit people. the retards you meet outside of a good gym yea prolly are idiots.

I don not crossfit. I go one day a week for free and thats it. i mostly go for the girls and i find it fun to win.
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶
    Big dividends on a small investment

Tadpoles Rad Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146553043

Redraiders Whiteknight<3 Yero91's Avatar
    Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It seems more like the misc hates the type of people associated with crossfit, as opposed to the actual activity.
    *Trading and investing crew*
    *Snizzle77 crew*
    *sniff hard as fukc when i see Redraider86 post so i can smell her perfume, crew*
    *Redraider86 crew*
    *Heart skips a beat when I see Redraider86 post crew*
    *shrine dedicated to Redraider86 crew*
    *saving myself for Redraider86 crew*

boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jmoh View Post
    Mix in boxing/jiu jitsu/wrestling into your normal strength routine and you will be in better shape than cross-fit ****s. Plus you will be able to say you train a sport.
    I'm an MMA fighter who uses crossfit type trainin to get in shape...I say crossfit type cuz I don't actually go to a gm, I have a PT who makes workouts for me and I still strength lift...feel WAY better physically and I'm gettin more ripped and stronger...most people don't like it cuz its hard as PHUCK if done right...u will be more exhausted after 15 min than 1hr of weight lifting...if u want size, lift...u wanna be in shape and strong mix in some cross fit type work

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol, crossfit

Quoted from former elite CF'er Gillian Mounsey:

"All that mattered was how fast I could do lots of them. My form was an abomination, but my fast Grace time (30 Clean and Jerks, 95lbs for women) was celebrated, and the loss of form due to exertional fatigue was equally celebrated. After all, I could move 95lbs from ground to overhead 30 times in under two minutes! That does not make me an athlete; it makes me a very fit exerciser with total disregard for the potential for injury and a lack of respect for the sport of weightlifting."
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cuttin.bruh View Post
    100% srs, look it up. Average crossfit workout burns 850-1100 calories in 20 minutes.
    You can't possibly actually believe this.

I would love to see some VO2 Max and METS calculations. Running an 8 minute mile is about 12.5 METS...you're saying crossfit burns 3 times the calories of running 7.5 mph?

kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is crossfit better than the average gym goer who curls and does treadmill? Yes. That's about where it ends. If you want to get stronger, strength train, bigger train for hypertrophy, leaner eat at a deficit, improve your endurance HIIT etc. Crossfit tries to combine everything and ends up sucking at everything, just like p90x. BRB AMRAP of a heavy overhead press supersetted with running, yeah that's a recipe for success all right. Not to mention most crossfit gyms are like 90+ a month, and preach b.s. such as metcons, poor form, and paleo. It's a shit tsunami

Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vafongul is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been doing it for about 2 months and I enjoy it. It kicks my ass and I feel like I'm accomplishing more with it than I was just going to a gym by myself.

I get why there's some hate for it, but when properly utilized, it is a great work out and the workouts don't get stagnant. I think the problem is that so many of these crossfit gyms are opening up and a lot of them probably aren't that reputable. At the one I go to, the trainers yell at you if you're using too much weight or have horrible form. They're also incredibly supportive when you finally are able to get the movement down. it's been less about reps and more about correct form. So, like anything else your mileage may vary. Just find a reputable gym.

A lot of the hate though, I think, is just typical Miscer haters hatin'.

MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHandTricks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I did crossfit for about four months but had to quit because my schedule didn't work out with any of the classes. Overall it was a great experience. I can't say for sure, but my assumption is that it really depends on the gym you go to. In those four months not once did I see any sh*t like that gif of two guys tossing the bar to eachother. Kipping pull ups are another common misconception that you *******s seem to have about crossfit. Each class typically consists of two main parts, a strength training session and a work out of the day. The work out of the day is usually the cardio part, usually with a lot of high reps at low weights (but not even, 99% of you couldn't do the workouts at prescribed weights so most people scale back. It's all about improvement). These work outs are timed and you are racing against each other. This is why kipping pull ups are often suggested but not required. If it's part of the strength training portion, you don't do kips, and weights are standard smaller sets building up to your max. Basically what you'd do if you went to any other gym.

This is probably the biggest difference depending on your gym, but the owners of my place were strict about form. I don't know where this bad form misconception comes from, they walk around and point out every little detail that's wrong. It's really great, basically your own personal trainer.

Also would like to add that my gym really stresed nutrtion. They'd hold seminars on it every couple weeks saying that if you aren't seeing results it's probably because you're not eating right.
    ``````````````````````~~%%%%%%%%_,_,
    ```````MISC`````````~~%%%%%%%%%-"/./
    `````HORSE```````~~%%%%%%%-'```/```.
    ```HEAD```````~~%%%%%%%%'``.`````,__;
    `CREW```````~~%%%%%%%%'```:```````\O\
    ``````````~~%%%%%%%%'````:```````````.
    ```````~~%%%%%%%%'````````.`_,````````'
    ````~~%%%%%%%%'``````````.'`-._`````````.
    `~~%%%%%%%%%'```````````:``````-.`````(,;
    ~~%%%%%%%%'`````````````:``````````._\_.'
    ~~%%%%%%%'``````````````;

I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Phuck TP, you might as well change your name to the "TheBaitman" if you're going to make threads like this.

TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TadPole15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by midcoastking33 View Post
    Is crossfit better than the average gym goer who curls and does treadmill? Yes. That's about where it ends. If you want to get stronger, strength train, bigger train for hypertrophy, leaner eat at a deficit, improve your endurance HIIT etc. Crossfit tries to combine everything and ends up sucking at everything, just like p90x. BRB AMRAP of a heavy overhead press supersetted with running, yeah that's a recipe for success all right. Not to mention most crossfit gyms are like 90+ a month, and preach b.s. such as metcons, poor form, and paleo. It's a shit tsunami
    shut it with is party line. its not even true. you have never done it you just hate it.
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Tadpoles Rad Journal

TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can't speak for other miscers, but 99% of the crossfittists I've encountered have an extremely douchy and elitist attitude. They are always bragging about how they are better than the rest of us, along with the products/methods they use.

I'm not doubting that there are some good people doing it, nor am I dismissing it's effectiveness, but my god so many douchebag whiteknights seem to ruin it for you guys.
    fawkin joocy

***Irish Misc Crew***

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TadPole15 View Post
    shut it with is party line. its not even true. you have never done it you just hate it.
    Think of any fitness goal and there's a program that's superior for it that is cheaper and not full of bogus claims. You don't actually understand kinesiology, so your fangirling rant is no different than a fat couch potato spewing diet advice she got from oprah. I don't need to take rat poison to understand I'd die from drinking it

boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50) boroballa0515 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DualRectifier View Post
    You can't possibly actually believe this.

I would love to see some VO2 Max and METS calculations. Running an 8 minute mile is about 12.5 METS...you're saying crossfit burns 3 times the calories of running 7.5 mph?

Idk bout any of this medial chit but I could run an 8 min mile without even really tiring or exerting myself...after 10 min of some of the circuits my trainer puts me thru I can barely stand and don't have enough breath to hold a conversation...just info

Originally Posted by TuongLuKim View Post
    I can't speak for other miscers, but 99% of the crossfittists I've encountered have an extremely douchy and elitist attitude. They are always bragging about how they are better than the rest of us, along with the products/methods they use.

I'm not doubting that there are some good people doing it, nor am I dismissing it's effectiveness, but my god so many douchebag whiteknights seem to ruin it for you guys.

I agree with this...I do my workouts at a track alone with my trainer and our weights/bands/etc...can't stand the ones who take up gym space and chit kinda like p90x'ers in the gym, smh

Originally Posted by midcoastking33 View Post
    Think of any fitness goal and there's a program that's superior for it that is cheaper and not full of bogus claims. You don't actually understand kinesiology, so your fangirling rant is no different than a fat couch potato spewing diet advice she got from oprah. I don't need to take rat poison to understand I'd die from drinking it
    Im not pro or anti crossfit. What bogus claims? kinda like the the same outlandish things we see right here on this site? Of course, crossfit people are gonna do whatever to hype up their thing! I dont understand Kinesiology?...ok. Why did that even come up?
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Tadpoles Rad Journal

armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000) armoBOSSDOGG is just really nice. (+1000)
    honestly bro, you'll be better off doing hill sprints, running/cycling outdoors, and dedicating a day of your workout routine to olympic lifting. you'll be saving money and you won't have to worry about associating with crossfit *******s
    **Misc Zombie Survival Squad**

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lets get you a vacation TP.

Personally, I dont doubt Crossfit has ''benefits'', but isnt that chit expensive as phuck? .... But if you want to be athletic why not just join some sort of outdoor activity or a local sports team? or follow their sort of routines nomsayin.
    Sig line can't be a novel