Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My pleasure! Thanks for the challenge yesterday - I wouldn't have learned how to do the pic post or the video if I wasn't subjected to a challenge! I'm planning my next video aleady! But - it would blow my cover for sure!

Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    ALL I DO IS WIN ! ! Thanks for that song..... You really are a winner.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Monday - Legs

So here we go, Skip wants us to start "documenting" our workouts - give them a rating too. I keep a daily log book where I write down all my sets/reps & review it before everyworkout to see what I did last time so I can improve. I'll keep all that info in my hand written log but use this journal to evaluate the workouts later that day.

So legs, the night before I have trouble sleeping sometimes, a bit of worry about the leg day ahead. Reviewed the workout Sunday eve to see what was ahead. Begin a bit of mental prep for squats, or whatever the toughest exercise for me in the workout is. Today, it was Wide Stance Leg Press. For so many years, I did everything narrow stance to build my quad sweep. Now, my trainer has me doing wide stance stuff on occasion, & I find I have to learn how to use those muscles, almost like starting over again. If my hips aren't well stretched, the wide stance bothers my hips & I have trouble focusing on the muscle. I know I need to get my weight up on the wide stance leg press, its a matter of learning to use the muscles, building confidence, & overcoming fear of hurting a hip.

the workout was very isolated with a very good long stride lunges giving me a good hip stretch before the wide stance squats. Helped a lot. The first exercise, I felt the knot in my stomach, the bit of fear, fear this workout wouldn't exceed my previous ones, or even worse, I wouldn't do as well. After the 3rd set of the first exercise, i felt the fear begin to disappear & my confidence build. I was assuming my pro identity. then I realized some of the things I do that gets me in the zone - like the chapter I am getting ready to read in Thinking Big talks about - I get a poker face - no emotion, unphased. I block everything else out. I think of Kai Greene & how he feels & focuses everything. Speaking of Kai, DON'T FORGET that you trained in the same gym with you & he told you that YOU HAVE A GIFT, it was something not all people have & I could share with others. Remember the conversation we had about mind. MIND IS EVERYTHING, THOUGHTS CONTROL THINGS.

By the time I got to wide stance leg press, I decided to start them a bit heavier than planned. It was light. I wanted to pack on a good bit more for the second set, but hesitated, thought about increasing gradually and just doing more sets, then I said no, why waste energy, why back down, put it on, so I did. that reminds me - quote from Baldbird's journal that he got from Skip

A mass machine chooses the heavier weight and lifts it with confidence.

So I guess I was a mass machine. I kept putting on more weight until I was to a weight I knew would break my muscles down. i worked it with confidence, with the goal of OVERLOAD, leave no chance that my quads are sore tomorrow. Fear turned to confidence

By the time I was done with the workout, I was raging. 90#DB pullthroughs felt like cake - I was a BEAST & i was ON FIRE! I wrote in my book - YOU ARE A BEAST, ANIMAL! I meant it. Then I thought about how high I was, how I could almost cry I was so proud of myself & how far I've come, so proud of who I am becoming. Thought about how most people don't work themselves to the point they get this high - I am so lucky to be able to do this.

At the end of the day, I give myself an 8. I did well with increasing my weight in all exercises & pushed my limits, stayed focused. What i could have improved was remove the self doubt at the start, remove the fear, it shouldn't have been present in the first few sets. There is nothing to be afraid of. I am thinking MLK said it best when he said THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF

TURN FEAR TO CONFIDENCE
    A MASS MACHINE CHOOSES THE HEAVIER WEIGHT & LIFTS IT WITH CONFIDENCE

So here we go again with the questions:

What was GREAT about my day?
    1) I got cranked during my workout! at the end I was writing I AM A BEAST in my book & felt like it, I am an ANIMAL, thought I was gonna have to take it down a level once I got in the locker room - through the roof!
    2) Got to work, ate my food first, then called the contractor - take control of my environment - I clarified all their questions like a pro - see where I am now verses where I stared out. I see my confidence as a Bodybuilder is really confidence as a person carrying through to my environment
    3) I stayed on schedule & went out of the office on my lunch break
    4) When my back/hips started seizing up in the desk chair, i thought, what can make this more enjoyable - I got up & stretched!
    5) I've been smiling ever since I got home, started reading forums, watching videos & I am laughing at myself now as I write the answer below

What about my day could I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Don't get irritated when people walk in your office during meal time - you can get them out in 10 minutes & stay on schedule!

What can I do to make things MORE ENJOYABLE?
    1) Laugh more, smile more, have fun. Realize how many people there are out there like you & enjoy the challenge!
    2) keep up with this forum stuff - great quotes - motivational - good people - funny & inspirational

Calves tomorrow - lets KILL it - hit em from the side! This is your side chest - you CHAMPION BEAST OF A MASS MACHINE!

Tomorrow - remember to insert your Exercise Warehouse photos - sometimes all it takes is BEING AT THE RIGHT TIME AT THE RIGHT PLACE just like at 2010 Team U

Tuesday - Weight on My Shoulders to me its just a feather!

Okay - can't help but start my journal with a Lil Wayne lyric - there some weight on my shoulders, to me its just a feather......

Now, what I am supposed to do, log my training & rate it. Workout written in my log book like usual. I give myself an 8 again.

Calves were very good. Went heavier & had good control & focus. Was very into these. Was thinking about using the camera to video, but too many people, would have been disruptive to my workout so didn't do it. Calves getting sore already this eve -that's definately a good thing.

Shoulders - rear delt rope pulls kicked it all off. Getting ready to do a set when the football coach asked what was in my pod, when I said TI Swagger the place lit up. Said he expected that from his teenager but not from me. Well we all need a little swagger now & then! Very focused w/ the rear delt rope pulls - coach asked me to show him what it worked. I stayed in my zone but used the positive energy. Other's felt it & I saw them light up, unfortunately, most in talk for them. Headphones on for me - training

Shoulder press - used more weight than usual. Good focus & confidence. Closed my eyes alot to block others out. Can still do a lot more - just keep building

Up-n-backs - went heavy as possible & tried to keep form. Remember you can do more - think what you can do w/ plate raises. work on focus/confidence

Cable Laterals - good focus - pretty fried - reps a bit low but felt real deep in muscle

Shrugs - had a great energy & drive through entire workout. very pumped up. wanted to share who I am when I train. grabbed the camera & started video. may have went heavier if camera wasn't on - taps getting sore already though - thats good

Cardio - went great! only trouble was keeping my heart rate DOWN! I was just on such a high from the workout & couldn't wait to get the video on the forum

1) The whole darn day was pretty great - workout, excitement getting it on forum during break, checking forum, getting MASS MACHINE approved video, starting my u-tube tonight, still smiling & having fun. More fun than I've had in quite some time

2)What about my day can I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER? pretty stumped today - maybe go to bed - its getting late!

3) What can I do to make things MORE ENJOYABLE?
    Keep up with this challenge, no matter what happens in life, don't lose sight of it and your goals both long & short term
    Keep posting videos
    Keep coming up with new ideas
    keep pushing as hard as you can - giving yourself a great feeling of accomplishment
    Keep having fun
    Keep up w/ people who share common interests

Wed - day off lifting - got up early, read some Thinking Big, finished compiling my series of events & the physical anchor to signal my brain for peak performance. Glad I am writing this journal to remind me to put review these things before tomorrow's workout & start to utilize them on my most challenging lifts.

Shot a video today after cardio - stuff rolling through my mind during cardio as I stared at the walls in front of me & the pictures & motivational phrases on it. I could see a progression toward my goals & I see a space in the upper left hand corner just waiting to be filled with future accomplishments. Going to try to post the video link in my journal - here goes:

Wed - Day Off Lifting not off Thinking Big Continued

Reminder: once you get your shrug video fixed, upload it to your journal

1) Love reading Thinking Big II & I think the signals I wrote today will help me generate more intensity & reach my goals
    2) The video I shot will be great to look back on & its great looking back at it now.
    3) Skip saw my UV stuff in the video & was giving me a hard time. I asked how I could earn MASS MACHINE stuff to replace it - its in the mail! yes!
    4) Started out doing cardio feeling a little tired, started listening to DJ Khaled, All I do is Win, next thing you know I listened to it 3 times & just kept getting more pumped!
    5) I handled things well at work - deflecting stuff right & left!
    6) I don't have to go the job site tomorrow so I don't have to worry about missed meals & lunch break will be open to go to COSTCO & stock up
    7) I did something for someone else today during lunch break & got stuff done for myself too!
    8) worked w/ Skip to get my you-tube channel set up. Wow - power of the subconscious mind - did I realize when Scott Roland challenged me last Sat that I would really get this set up this week? heck no - I thought I didn't have time
    9) I am learning all kinds of great stuff about videos, photos, etc. that I can use in the future

What could I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Have more time to relax. Better active recovery - use the hot tub, get in the tanning bed

1) keep doing my best in this challenge so I get great feedback & results
    2) Keep posting videos that are not forced, just real, when it hits me to do it. Be unique. Be me
    3) Don't forget to do Saturday's video & have fun with it! I'm excited already!

Thumbs up

It happened today! you-tube - PositiveEnergy247

Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    Here's your challenge....my friend.

Video channel..... do it. Let's see your morning routine.... or your gym bag.... or your food.... let's see it!

It will only take a few minutes..... make it happen today.

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    It happened today! you-tube - PositiveEnergy247
    Hender! Wow! Thankyou for sharing that. I LOVED it! I remember you writing in the beginning that you did not want anyone to know you were a woman so they would take you seriously. Woman, whoever the hell wouldn't take you seriously is a fool.
    You are an inspiration. You are a Champion.

MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are 1,440 minutes in a day. How many of those will you dedicate today to becoming the champion that IS inside you? When you lay down tonight…smile. Smile because you know that you gave it your ALL today….every moment. Smile because you ate the right amounts of the right food. Smile because you did 1 more rep. Smile because you grabbed the heavier weight today. Smile because you know that you are 1 day closer to your goal.

Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Post Conference Call Notes - Standards & Disciplines

You have standards already whether you realize it or not.
    longevity is the key
    Examples of standards: workout standards, nutrition standards,
    There are no right or wrong standards, your standards depend on your personal goals. Are your standards high enough for what you want to accomplish? Are they going to get you where you want to go?
    RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING

Create 5 things you must do every day to have the body you want (at least 5, no more than 10). Having these standards will constantly let you know if you are winning or losing all the time

1. Keep pushing my limits in the gym every day
    2. Constantly search for ways to get better and for new information
    3. Eat all meals within 10 minutes of the scheduled time.
    4. Always carry a water bottle with me and stay hydrated
    5. Take all supplements on time
    6. Maintain a positive can-do attitude/stay motivated
    7. Stay focused on my goals & write them down in my workout book every day
    6. thank God every day for my health & read Bible daily
    7. review workouts before training & establish goals prior to entering the gym
    8. practice my strategies that signal my body to perform to its higher level
    9. take control of my environment at work, at home, & everywhere all the time
    10. review my daily disciplines every day & rate each one on how I did. Average them every week & keep a log of your weekly average

Skip's examples of daily disciplines
    1. mentally prepare & visualize each set
    2. never second guess yourself w/ the weight you are attempting
    3. before leaving gym visualize & focus on what you will do the next day
    4. sleep
    5. repeat at least 3 times daily - I AM A MASS MACHINE
    6. rate my workouts every day & get at least an 8 every day

YOU WILL NEED TO REVISE YOUR DAILY DISCIPLINES AS YOU PROGRESS

Notes to self: you need to post your daily disciplines at your office, on your cabinet, in your bathroom so they are staring at you every day.

Thumbs up Thursday - Back

Abs - went heavy, abs getting sore already this eve. Be careful - fine line between too heavy & keeping good control.
    Note: traps & calves got sore from Tues workout - good

Pullups - took too long after abs to get into the pullups. getting myself mentally prepared. You need to get a better mental outlook on pullups. You are getting stronger. you get more reps than most right now. learn to like these. with effort you can become the elite. work on becoming elite. Don't let mind stop you when you reach the rep count you normally fail at. What was good about these, I practiced my strategies for signaling my body for a great workout & went after them like I was attacking

T-Bar Rows - heavier than ever before but good control. getting stronger. was still in the dominating mind zone

Bar Rows - getting stronger - soon you'll be rowing with 225. just keep going. no fear

Realize I am a role model for the football team. they are watching me - push that much harder. turn them on to Mass Machine supps

Towards end of workout, losing energy, wanted to back down in weights but just kept pushing using more explosion/momentum when needed. Mind. Mind.

Failure - remember to try to redefine what absolute failure means every workout

Cardio - energy low. put so much into weight. shoudn't be low in energy - its in your mind - you have a ton of food

Workout Rating - 8. could have moved faster between sets. energy getting low toward end. fighting to keep my heart rate in zone during cardio & wasn't really enjoying cardio or into it

Thurs - continued

1) I came up with this list when I was in a conference call bored out of my whits! I was able to find something constructive to do!
    2) I used my strategies for getting myself in the zone for highest performance in the gym
    3) I remembered the quote from the other day, "A Mass Machine chooses the heavier weight and lifts it with confidence". i stuck to this in my workout & it is helping know what to do, not giving me a maybe I should do less, if I think that maybe I could do more
    4) I had some good thoughts about MASS MACHINE supps - switching to them, turning others on to them, how I could help give back to Skip for helping us

What can I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Don't let yourself get into the mind set that you are feeling low on energy at the end of the workout. combat it
    2) Don't be so serious at work. Break your seriousness up with something you enjoy
    3) Smile more. When you get too serious at work, you don't smile & you don't feel as happy
    4) Don't worry about work. Things will be fine. There are really busy days but they end & more enjoyable days are ahead
    5) Be proud of yourself at work. Look how you've turned the job from a site visit to a full set of construction docs all on your own. Look at the places you have traveled this year & how you overcame & took on challenges
    6) have a more positive attitude at work & when you leave work, leave it there

1) Keep thinking of great ideas to interact & get the most out of this challenge
    2) get excited about videos you can do
    3) get excited about turning into a full MASS MACHINE. Having a brand to be loyal to & being able to give back
    4) remember - are you happy, does your body know it, then smile!
    5) keep sight of what you have accomplished & get excited about where you are going!

Its appreciation & support from people like you that push me to inspire. I'll do my best to keep doing it!

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    Hender! Wow! Thankyou for sharing that. I LOVED it! I remember you writing in the beginning that you did not want anyone to know you were a woman so they would take you seriously. Woman, whoever the hell wouldn't take you seriously is a fool.
    You are an inspiration. You are a Champion.

MzJ

I thought my journal had been breached when i saw this on the forum today. Going to bed with a smile because I grabbed the heavier weight today & DOMINATED IT LIKE A MASS MACHINE! Also because I'm still laughing at Rolands Limp Bizkit outro to his videos - also because of his "HUMBLER"

[QUOTE=ScottRoland;824911081]There are 1,440 minutes in a day. How many of those will you dedicate today to becoming the champion that IS inside you? When you lay down tonight…smile. Smile because you know that you gave it your ALL today….every moment. Smile because you ate the right amounts of the right food. Smile because you did 1 more rep. Smile because you grabbed the heavier weight today. Smile because you know that you are 1 day closer to your goal.

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gotta LOVE the Humbler....lol

The latest pod cast can be found here

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/...l_4_2-2-12.mp3
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

yep! saw one in the gym this morning lying on the floor & had to chuckle

[QUOTE=ScottRoland;825330231]Gotta LOVE the Humbler....lol

Thumbs up Friday - Chest

Calves went great. Still pushing heavier weight & gaining confidence. Need to just keep thinking I am unstoppable

First exercise a bit of trouble getting in zone. Only cable available was Cybex - had to improvise. Decided it didn't matter. A true champ get a great workout on any piece of equipment.

Hammer press - started using my techniques from Thinking Big to get in the best mental/physical zone. Worked well. Pushing out max weight. Energy transmitted to guy benching beside me. He started driving hard & grunting out reps. i knew he was getting energy from me. That was an awesome feeling!

Set the stage for the rest of the workout. Reps a little low on DB press but breaking in new weight. Just keep building confidence

End of workout - leg pump. Had to really talk to myself hard to get into it. Wanted to use less weight on hacks & butt blast but wouldn't let myself. As the sets increased, so did my mental strength until I was driving really hard & very focused last two. Legs getting sore already tonight. Amazing how when you really put your all into just 4 sets you can get sore. I reminded myself that champions push past pain barriers & I was a champ. Don't rob yourself of your dreams.

The MASS MACHINE chooses the heavier weight & lifts it with confidence. I thought about that the entire workout.

Workout rating: are my standards increasing? I only want to give myself a 7. Why?
    Cable flyes - didn't like them because I had a bit of trouble getting used to the piece of equipment. Possibly not pushing physical barriers due to mental barriers of varying machine?
    Lifting heavier weights but reps a little lower than I like (than what is in my plan) - down to 5-6 rep
    Leg pump - should not have had to talk myself into this. I did drive it hard & went thru w/ it, but should not have had the doubt, the dread, the thought I hate this. I kept telling myself - no, you love this. I did turn my hate into an intensity like a hate back at the machine by abusing it with explosion & intent

1). I woke up w a positive attitude
    2). After I was done working out I got the idea I was just going to keep the positive going by posting all day on the forum some of the powerful thoughts in my head. i did. It worked & I stayed positive, cranked out everything I needed to do, in part because my mind said I could
    3) got groceries during lunch so I don't have to go tomorrow. save time on weekends

What about my day could I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) get rid of that dread I had of the leg pump stuff in today's routine. Get prepared for it next time the workout pops up. Learn to love it.

1) get my movie maker going - hopefully have it as soon as I finish this journal entry!
    2) post a new video - got one planned for the morning just need to follow thru
    3) dismiss any negative thoughts/worry. if it happens, it happens - just roll with it

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great journal so much detail will have to start making mine as detailed!!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey thanks Pphelps! Glad you stopped in. That's what its all about - raising your standards! I'll pop in on your journal.

Originally Posted by pphelps83 View Post
    Great journal so much detail will have to start making mine as detailed!!

Click here to order

Thumbs up Saturday - New Standards, Arms & New Video!

Woke up this morning with standards on my mind. Subconscious mind spinning about our homework assignment this week. Defining our standards.

Time to start a new Saturday morning standard. Luv to sit w/ that cup of coffee sat morn since I don't have to run out of the house for work, but for couple months I've been thinking I should change this. By not eating right away, I am not staying anabolic. Also, I am pushing my first meal later so the other meals are later running the risk of missing the last. also, I get to the gym later, cutting into my day, harder to focus when gym gets crowded as the morning progresses. Time to up that standard.

new standard: i will set my alarm for 6PM on Saturday morning, skip the coffee & go straight to the meal, then to the gym right when they open at 8. Don't think about well I am depriving myself of something I enjoy by not relaxing with my coffee. I can do that after I get back from the gym if I want & I will have more time in my day to enjoy!

Off to the gym - downloaded the podcast yesterday on powerful thinking. Played it last night. Decided to put it on right when I got to the gym. It helped me go from the locker straight to abs without talking to anyone, not even eye contact, I was in the zone immediately. That said, I am used to having music in my pod, thinking of just the muscle, not actually listening to anything. A bit of a distraction. My original plan was to listen during cardio only. I think I will go with that - that would be 4 days & then listen again on Sunday since I don't train on Sunday & it would help keep me focused. Might ask Skip for his thoughts.

Was going to do a warm-up for my first set of arms, but I was in the zone so why waste energy on warm-up. went straight for heavy weight. At first, had a bit of doubt, maybe I started too heavy, but then I said no, no back down & took control of it. Stayed here for all the sets

Used new tricep machine since it was scheduled on my plan. Took me a while to figure out weights. Didn't count the first few sets because they were too light. I did sets until I knew I had effectively overloaded the tris

Last set of tri's - very in the zone. Pushing hard

Lying cable curls to start - first set - sent heavier than usual. Wow! First set was strong. Went heavier than ever before. Losing a bit of steam - need to take these to failure - sometimes I just took it until I didn't think I could get another, but didn't actually fail. Should have pushed to fail

Bi curls - took bench & DB in a room by myself to stay totally in my zone. Had to tell myeslf, this isn't heavy. I told myself I WILL NEVER USE THE 30# DB FOR CURLS AGAIN - THEY ARE TOO LIGHT. Same for hammer curls - NO MORE 30# DB - YOU HAVE MASTERED THESE. THEY ARE NOW TOO LIGHT

ovearall - stayed in my zone better than probably ever before. Virtually no eye contact. Practiced my techniques for getting my body/mind completely in the zone. I think all this was because my subconscious mind was working. On one of Skip's videos for the podcast, it said something like this:

GET YOURSELF PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, & PSYCHOLOGICALLY READY FOR EVERY SINGLE SET YOU PERFORM IN THE GYM.

This is going to be a real challenge, but a new standard for me. If you really think about what this means, it is a tremendous, tremendous challenge - EVERY SINGLE SET.

I am willing to take it!

Got home from the gym, shot a video. Its uploading now. Post it later. So far its been a great day! So much thought. there is really so much to this. I am taking it to even a higher level

Click here to order

Thumbs up Saturday - cardio & workout rating & PODCAST

Forgot to rate my workout & cardio

Cardio - sweating like a maniac, listening to the podcast, my writing in my workout book my thoughts on my workout & podcast. Favorite Podcast phrases:

"YOU DO NOT GET SO ANXIOUS ABOUT GAINING THOSE 30# OF MUSCLE YOU WANT SO BADLY BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU ARE EXECUTING YOUR SERIES OF DAILY ACTION STEPS, THOSE DAILY DISCIPLINES, AND ARE MAKING PROGRESS"

"You ALLOW yourself to BE HAPPY EVERY STEP of YOUR journey rather than waiting until the ultimate goal is achieved.

workout rating: 8 (what's up with these 8's?)
    Not sure if abs were more effective/focused or less listening to the podcast vs music - guess maybe we'll see tomorrow if my abs are major sore
    Got into the zone quick - that was good. Practiced my techniques for focus/max performance
    Lying cable curls - should have taken them to total failure
    A little low in energy toward end - was driving so hard
    Probably did the best job ever of staying in my zone, being mentally, physically, and psychologically ready for each set, but need to take it to an even higher level

Thumbs up New Standards

1) I will set my alarm for 6AM on Saturday morning, skip the cup of coffee & go straight to breakfast as normal, get to the gym when they open at 8AM, not have second thoughts about skipping coffee & depriving myself of this relaxation time. I am just postponing it until after the workout. I will have more time later in the day to enjoy.

2) I will get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for every single set I perform in the gym. This will take tremendous effort & will be a constant goal to work toward. EVERY SINGLE SET - not just most challenging - EVERY SINGLE SET. I will use my steps to program my body and mind for peak performance to do this.

3) I will NEVER sacrifice my identity or my standards to appease someone else or to avoid conflict. Be prepared for the challenges this will bring. keep focused on the POSITIVE results this will bring in not just your bodybuilding efforts but your overall well being.

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started getting up at 6 am on the weekends two weeks ago. Absolutely love the extra time I have now.
    Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

No were in the world does success come before work but in the dictionary-ET

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357311

I found it amazing also how much time I have had this weekend by getting a head start on Sat. Also trying to grocery shop on Fri eve or during lunch break to cut that out of my Sat routine & beat the crowd!

Originally Posted by baldbird View Post
    I started getting up at 6 am on the weekends two weeks ago. Absolutely love the extra time I have now.

Thumbs up Sunday - Day or Rest, Power to Whom It Belongs

I wanted to start today's journal with this thought from the church service this morning that is always kept in the forefront of my mind:

Joshua 1:9
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go".

The bottom line is this - we are strong now & are in prime health & it is often easy to forget where this strength comes from. All strength & power comes from God. He give is to us & he can take it away. Make sure to give him all the glory & thank God every day for your health.

Daily Discipline #1 is this:
    1) Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God. Without him, I am and have nothing.

Highlights from Empowering Statements Podcast

"You understand that your mind will always lead your body, you BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts you don't like to train are the ones you love to train more than any other"

"You do not get so anxious about gaining those 20 pounds of muscle that you want so badly because you KNOW you are executing your daily action steps and are making progress".

"You allow yourself to be happy every step of your journey rather than waiting until the ultimate goal is achieved"

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Hey thanks Pphelps! Glad you stopped in. That's what its all about - raising your standards! I'll pop in on your journal.
    hi thanks for stopping by on mine appreciate the comments, i think of food as fuel nothing else but i am struggling with the bulking as i feel immensely fat and am not enjoying this part, its making me unhappy. I lift as heavy as i can and i know little weights won't cut it, i am improving with every session and i always give 100% nothing less.

My main goal is to build muscle and improve my legs i have pictures of women with great legs up on my wall to keep me motivated, its all new to me so need to keep beleiving in myself

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes! Never quit believing in yourself! I love it when you said that.

Don't worry if your weights are "little" now, they WILL become big! I know being a woman that "bulking" is often difficult, but have faith & enjoy the food while you can, the cutting will be here soon enough & you'll be asking yourself what was so bad about bulking - ha!

Believe, believe, believe!

Originally Posted by pphelps83 View Post
    hi thanks for stopping by on mine appreciate the comments, i think of food as fuel nothing else but i am struggling with the bulking as i feel immensely fat and am not enjoying this part, its making me unhappy. I lift as heavy as i can and i know little weights won't cut it, i am improving with every session and i always give 100% nothing less.

My main goal is to build muscle and improve my legs i have pictures of women with great legs up on my wall to keep me motivated, its all new to me so need to keep beleiving in myself

Click here to order

Thumbs up Sunday - Recap

The day is nearly done so here's the run down about my GREAT day!

1) The snow was beautiful on my drive in to church
    2) Took my dad to church. I am thankful for the time we have together
    3) The forum was fun today! Lots of people posting videos & good stuff
    4) The podcast Skip uploaded was cool. Loved it when he said there is a difference between confidence & cocky. Had to do a post on it. Still having fun!
    5) The video I made on Saturday & the measurements I took helped me out. I contacted my trainer & gave her my results over the last month so that we could make sure everything was headed in the right direction & no changes were needed at this time.
    6) Madonna rocked at half time! Nicki Minaj is the bomb no doubt. Love powerful women. Almost could cry watching Madonna because I know she must be so proud of how far she has come & how many people she had touched.
    7) Took my photos & felt proud of myself
    8) The daily disciplines I set today for the assignment are going to PUSH ME TO A HIGHER LEVEL
    9) I set myself up on Friday at work so I won't be rushed to meet the 10AM deadline in the morning
    10) wow - I could probably keep on going about my great day!

What could I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Wow! Today was just an awesome day. Only thing I can think of is just that I got a little frustrated & it took up too much time trying to upload videos due to my slow internet connection. Remember this & upload at work whenever you can

1) I am maximizing my joy! Just keep posting, keep motivating, keep having fun, being you, enjoying being able to share, realize your results & let them DRIVE you further
    2) Get that trip to train with Skip - it would really push you to another level!

Click here to order