Page 35 of 89 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2658

Thread: geek gets tough

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Those are great goals Geek, you got dis. You always have reasonable, attainable goals. I see a lot of people set unrealistic goals like oh I'm gonna lose 75lbs in 2 mths , hmmm they are gonna be disappointed. Lol at you coffee people, that's one thing I've never gotten hooked on. Iced tea however, nectarofthegods.jpg
    Yea!! Another iced tea lover!! I don't like coffee at all, but drink tea every single day. I also really like Bigelow's Green Tea with Lemon hot and it's especially good this time of the year.

Awesome on the weight loss, Geek! You've made amazing progress with your weight and lifting goals! Way to go .... soooooooo not easy. I have to hand it to you getting your workouts done with the kids and their unpredictable schedules.

You're a big inspiration to so many people
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    i made it to 239. in the 230's now.

the past two days baby hasnt taken a nap = no workouts for me. i might go ahead and lift this evening when he goes to bed. evening lifting is always kinda crappy, but its better than nothing.

other than being frustrated with my kids lack of schedule, life is good. busy bc of the little one going full speed until he drops at night, but i'm chugging along. i hope everyone here is well. hope to log an actual workout soon.

i might even hit 220's by christmas, which would be amazing. intermittant fasting is working so far. wheew!
    WOO! Congrats on hitting the 230s! That's nothing to sneeze at, for sure! You are doing so awesome. I hope you are super proud of yourself. What you're accomplishing is seriously amazing, even without all the extra pressure of being a mommy first and foremost!

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Awesome on the weight loss, Geek! You've made amazing progress with your weight and lifting goals! Way to go .... soooooooo not easy. I have to hand it to you getting your workouts done with the kids and their unpredictable schedules.

^^All of this. Listen to Swooshie.
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EB68 View Post
    Nice work geek. I completely understand your situation, I have pretty much stopped reaching any PR's since I lower the calories and started cutting. Not sure I will reach any of my lifting goals by the end of the year now, but still want to lose the extra fat. Shame we can't lose weight and get stronger at the same time.
    i love your member status. it says it all. cutting SUCKS. i am looking forward to the day where i can bulk. what a concept.

Originally Posted by ilovethe80s View Post
    Workouts looking great as always. I hear you on the calories affecting your lifts. Be proud though, what you are doing right now is hard! It is a lot easier to go in and hit all these PRs when you have been stuffing your face but to go in and do it on a deficit is a whole other story. You're doing it though, and being rewarded with the awesome weight loss, and your current lifts are certainly nothing to sneeze at either
    <3 thanks for being around and supporting me and commiserating when it comes to our raccoon toddlers getting into everything.

Hai Geek, solid session despite it being pretty tough. The cut will slow down strength progression, but it won't stop it. You can't build new muscle but you can make your existing muscle stronger, it just takes a greater effort and sometimes struggle. I've hit a few big PRs while on cuts srs. I wouldn't give up on the program or the diet, just know it may be kinda slow going for a while. I know weight loss is all in the cals regardless of what specific foods you eat but while cutting and lifting heavy I try to eat the healthiest I possibly can to get all I can out of what I am eating. I believe that really does help.
    i am taking this to heart. i am ready to struggle more to keep my lifts and build on them while cutting. i think i might set up madcow so every 8 weeks i am deloading. which means i deload for four weeks, make gains for four weeks and then reset my deload based on my gains. it will be slow, but madcow was designed for bulking not cutting. this way i wont end up feeling like a flop. ill focus more on healthier options, too. i have picked a couple of easy/carb/fat heavy options recently bc of my time window, but i can forgo that for more greens with pastured butter and fresh cooked meat.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    /\/\ So this!

Geek I know your busy, it's cool

I admire your mental toughness! Those situps are killers!
    the sit ups killded me ded again today, too. thanks, louise.

Originally Posted by beatha View Post
    ^^ditto all that postiveness.

Busy lady that you are I say props that with a non-napping toddler you are able to even visit us at all. Good job getting the workouts and don't stress about it effecting your lifting # that's normal.

Be well and thanks for all the support you give to us online friends.

B
    toddler napped today!! got my lifting in.

Yea!! Another iced tea lover!! I don't like coffee at all, but drink tea every single day. I also really like Bigelow's Green Tea with Lemon hot and it's especially good this time of the year.

aww shucks, swoosh :shy: thanks. as for tea, i love licorice tea, but that's the only one i like. oh! and peppermint tea.

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    WOO! Congrats on hitting the 230s! That's nothing to sneeze at, for sure! You are doing so awesome. I hope you are super proud of yourself. What you're accomplishing is seriously amazing, even without all the extra pressure of being a mommy first and foremost!

^^All of this. Listen to Swooshie.
    thank you ms. rickie. when i think of it in terms of what i've done instead of what i havent done, i do feel better about it all.

today is TOM day 1. in fits an starts. i was super irritable last night and notice that i feel down. thankfully i can relate it all to hormones so i know it will pass and dont have to analyze it. i met my lifting goals today so even if i messed up the fast last night, im good with it all. i didnt go crazy like i usually do for days and days before my period starts, so its an accomplishment that i only went over by a few hundred calories.

yesterday 20 minutes cardio. lazy.

MADCOW DEADLIFT DAY Week 3.
    squats
    76x5
    95x5
    114x5
    114x5

military press
    barx5
    51x5
    60x5
    68x5

deadlifts
    128x5
    155x5
    180x5
    205x5

situps
    2x15 and third set was broken up bc of my weak punkass tummy muscles
    1x6 and then hobbled along until i made it to 15.
    total = 45.

i'm doing 30 minutes cardio tonight. easy peasy steady state. heart rate wont go past 160 (hopefully. want to keep it down)

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    today is TOM day 1. in fits an starts. i was super irritable last night and notice that i feel down. thankfully i can relate it all to hormones so i know it will pass and dont have to analyze it. i met my lifting goals today so even if i messed up the fast last night, im good with it all. i didnt go crazy like i usually do for days and days before my period starts, so its an accomplishment that i only went over by a few hundred calories.
    This is great - you can't meet all the goals all the time - to find success in one area and thrive on that is awesome. I have to do a lot of the "I'm good with it" lately, it's still progress!

On a personal note - if it makes you feel any better about your hormonal craziness, I'm currently on a TOM that has lasted for 10 days now. Pretty much thanks to last month's surgeries and starting a pill last Sunday, but seriously - 10 days? Really annoying. Thank goodness all of the chocolate Halloween candy is about gone here in our house, my will power would be completely shot by now

And late to the game here - but hooray on the 230s!!! Progress lady!!! You are inspiring!
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I finally looked up "TOM". I thought it was some sort of diet plan or exercise plan.

Suddenly a lot of posts makes sense to me. facepalm.jpg
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    I finally looked up "TOM". I thought it was some sort of diet plan or exercise plan.

Best post of the day
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    This is great - you can't meet all the goals all the time - to find success in one area and thrive on that is awesome. I have to do a lot of the "I'm good with it" lately, it's still progress!

On a personal note - if it makes you feel any better about your hormonal craziness, I'm currently on a TOM that has lasted for 10 days now. Pretty much thanks to last month's surgeries and starting a pill last Sunday, but seriously - 10 days? Really annoying. Thank goodness all of the chocolate Halloween candy is about gone here in our house, my will power would be completely shot by now

And late to the game here - but hooray on the 230s!!! Progress lady!!! You are inspiring!
    ughhhhhhh! 10 days? totally unreasonable. complain to management.

and i would go crazy without giving myself partial credit. thanks, mm.

LOL!!! i wish i could hug the stuffin outa you, rf.

Best post of the day
    definitely. she brings the funny. <3 hi swoosh!

MADCOW Intensity Day Week3

Squats
    76x5
    95x5
    114x5
    133x5
    155x3
    114x8

Bench
    44x5
    55x5
    66x5
    77x5
    90x3
    66x10

Pendlay Row
    46x5
    58x5
    69x5
    81x5
    95x3
    69x8

3 sets of bench dips (5 reps, 3 reps, 3 reps)
    3 sets of barbell curls with empty bar 5 reps each
    3 sets of skullcrushers with empty bar 5 reps each

no exercise yesterday at all. total rest day.

hope to do 30 minutes of ss on elliptical tonight.

baby says HI! gotta go. he's crawling all over me.
    Last edited by geek23ka; 11-09-2012 at 10:51 AM.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's very nice to see your bench and a variation of rows being done around the same weight, very well balanced. Ooo I see bb curls! Gotta admit they are pretty fun.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice work geek. Between lifting, cardio, and kid chasing you are going to melt away . And redfizzmade my day with the TOM post. I suddenly feel weird that I knew right away what it meant.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice workout. Congrats on the weight loss too, 220s will be here before you know.

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Tried to rep you, Fizz, but apparently I do that too often! I read your post at the gym, in between sets, and I burst into hysterical laughter. Fortunately, the only person in the gym besides me was hubby. He strolled over and said, "You don't look like a crazy person at all laughing out loud in the gym". He's a bit sarcastic sometimes.

Best post of the day
    YES.

Nice work geek. Between lifting, cardio, and kid chasing you are going to melt away . And redfizzmade my day with the TOM post. I suddenly feel weird that I knew right away what it meant.
    You are not weird for knowing what that means - you are just a wise and worldly man. There aren't many of those left.
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

It's very nice to see your bench and a variation of rows being done around the same weight, very well balanced. Ooo I see bb curls! Gotta admit they are pretty fun.
    i remembered you saying they should be balanced so even though i feel like i can do more on one, i hold back now. dont want injuries.

please please make it happen, dear spaghetti monster in heaven. really want to get rid of some fat these days. im no longer as fearful of losing fat. it still weirds me out sometimes, but i'm stronger and happier than i've been in years.

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    Nice workout. Congrats on the weight loss too, 220s will be here before you know.
    hey tina thanks! btw, the IF is going along ok. ive been reading more about it and most women dont do all that well on it from blogworld. very few studies on women, though. i'm obese, so maybe im doing ok on it bc of that? its only been 2 weeks, so we'll see. today i have to do a 10/14 split bc of housework and baby's naptime interrupting getting food.

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Tried to rep you, Fizz, but apparently I do that too often! I read your post at the gym, in between sets, and I burst into hysterical laughter. Fortunately, the only person in the gym besides me was hubby. He strolled over and said, "You don't look like a crazy person at all laughing out loud in the gym". He's a bit sarcastic sometimes.
    i was at home when i read it, but had the same reaction. had to tell the husband what i was snorting about.

yesterday 30 minutes elliptical with a couple intervals thrown in
    today 30 minutes elliptical with 4 intervals towards the end.

six months ago i struggled to do 20 minutes at 3.2 mph. now i'm at 5mph with my intervals at 7mph and my cooldown is 4.2. and my thighs no longer scream in pain from oxygen deprivation while doing it.

workout interrupted. no goodmornings or sit ups. i plan to do those this evening.

20 minutes elliptical

MADCOW Volume Day Week 4

Squat
    bwx10
    62x5
    86x5
    109x5
    135x5
    156x5 (lean on rep 5)

Bench
    barx5
    50x5
    63x5
    77x5
    90x5

Pendlay Row

38x5
    52x5
    67x5
    81x5
    95x5

I want to lose 8-10 more pounds by Christmas. That's only 6 weeks. I might go under 1900 calories/day. Feeling ambivalent about that.

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi, Geek!!!

I feel like you're a long-lost sister now that I am returning from my hiatus.

You can TOTALLY drop those last 10 lbs prior to Christmas!

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I want to lose 8-10 more pounds by Christmas. That's only 6 weeks. I might go under 1900 calories/day. Feeling ambivalent about that.
    MM is pulling out the old college cheerleading uniform to cheer you on girl. You can do it!

PS - I plan to fill my plate with turkey and green beans on Thanksgiving here next week in hopes I can potentially lose another 7 or 8 lbs by Christmas

Hi, Geek!!!

I feel like you're a long-lost sister now that I am returning from my hiatus.

You can TOTALLY drop those last 10 lbs prior to Christmas!
    i missed you. and your pup.

it would be so fantastic to get to 229-231 by christmas. i am trying to sort it. i hate restricting and frequently buck up against myself when i restrict too much, so i am resorting to tricking myself. eating only between 9-3 works for me so far!

MM is pulling out the old college cheerleading uniform to cheer you on girl. You can do it!

PS - I plan to fill my plate with turkey and green beans on Thanksgiving here next week in hopes I can potentially lose another 7 or 8 lbs by Christmas
    thank you so much marathonmom.

and yep. i'm definitely limiting my intake on thanksgiving. my splurge will be christmas visiting the in-laws (who are fantastic. i wish they were my parents!)

guys, i even bought a pair of jeans one size too small (regular 18's. unlike the pair of 18's that fit me. they must be oddly sized!) it would be so awesome to go home for christmas in those jeans. they havent seen me since i was 280+.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking forward to your 229 goal being met by christmas. I have zero doubt that you can make it happen. Can see look on in-laws face when you walk in 50 pounds lighter than the last time they saw you.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    guys, i even bought a pair of jeans one size too small (regular 18's. unlike the pair of 18's that fit me. they must be oddly sized!) it would be so awesome to go home for christmas in those jeans. they havent seen me since i was 280+.
    You got dis Geek. Wow they are gonna be blown away when they see you! Then you will grab the xmas tree and ohp it for a clean set of 10, they will be MEGA impressed, possibly scared.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^In a nutshell, what Ham said!

All is sounding so positive in here, Geek!
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

Looking forward to your 229 goal being met by christmas. I have zero doubt that you can make it happen. Can see look on in-laws face when you walk in 50 pounds lighter than the last time they saw you.
    You got dis Geek. Wow they are gonna be blown away when they see you! Then you will grab the xmas tree and ohp it for a clean set of 10, they will be MEGA impressed, possibly scared.
    i came back and read these posts lots last night. i'm gonna make it happen. thank you.

Originally Posted by CharliC View Post
    ^^In a nutshell, what Ham said!

All is sounding so positive in here, Geek!
    thank you, charli.

i do want to OHP the christmas tree LOL

this morning ive been listening to this about a billionty times. its the new amanda palmer

i would marry her in a second. i think my husband would understand. haha!

baby just fell asleep. about to get on the elliptical for 30 minutes. love all of you!!

eta 30 min elliptical done. ave mph 5.6. ave hr 160's
    Last edited by geek23ka; 11-13-2012 at 02:47 PM.

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's fun seeing people you haven't seen in a while having lost weight and getting all the positive feedback. 1900 calories - eek! I would go crazy, the lowest I can handle without being a major b is 2100.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

So proud of you for buying those jeans - it shows that you have faith in yourself to make it happen. It's now fate - you will be wearing them for Christmas.

Then you will grab the xmas tree and ohp it for a clean set of 10, they will be MEGA impressed, possibly scared.
    Bwaaaahahahaha

Brb - gotta go get some paper towels to clean up the coffee I just spit out of my mouth while laughing.

Originally Posted by hieronymous View Post
    It's fun seeing people you haven't seen in a while having lost weight and getting all the positive feedback. 1900 calories - eek! I would go crazy, the lowest I can handle without being a major b is 2100.
    it's not fun or easy going under. i do not like it. i want to try and hit this goal, and then ill go back to being easy going, bc this won't last long term. i'd go nuts!

So proud of you for buying those jeans - it shows that you have faith in yourself to make it happen. It's now fate - you will be wearing them for Christmas.
    thanks, mm! i read your entry in response to me and you've given me some stuff to chew on. i think i've mellowed a bit, but i was definitely going overboard in terms of time spent researching weightlifting for a while. i find that i do that with each new interest of mine, and i eventually mellow and sometimes even lose interest. i dont knit anymore, really. not enough time. but, i hope that weightlifting stays with me for life.

today!
    DEADS DAY Week 4
    Squats
    BWx5
    62x5
    86x5
    109x5
    109x5

Military Press
    barx5
    49x5
    60x5
    70x5

DEADS
    116x5
    147x5
    179x5
    210x5 (no issues. next is 215x5 which is new for me. 210 was my max rep weight before i began madcow and it felt good.)

3x15 sit ups. didn't do the assistance exercises on monday. i will do them on saturday.

i'm gonna eat some protein and chill until the baby wakes up.
    Last edited by geek23ka; 11-14-2012 at 11:27 AM.

210 deads!!!???

Did I tell you what the 40 deads did to me this past weekend? LOL

You're incredible and gifted.

it was my glorious foresight to bulk to 300 that got me where i am today. LOL

(i am proud. thank you. :shy: )

thanks, mm! i read your entry in response to me and you've given me some stuff to chew on. i think i've mellowed a bit, but i was definitely going overboard in terms of time spent researching weightlifting for a while. i find that i do that with each new interest of mine, and i eventually mellow and sometimes even lose interest. i dont knit anymore, really. not enough time. but, i hope that weightlifting stays with me for life.
    I hope it stays with you for life too! As far as my response entry in my own journal, I find it very therapeutic to share stuff like that. Consider it slightly self-serving and mostly with intent to give insight on what NOT to do haha I think you and I are a lot alike about really diving into interests - fitness in general is something I always come back to, whether it's more of a focus on lifting or running or whatever. It's been a light in the dark when I've needed it - I think that's why I get out of control sometimes, working so hard to reach the light at the end of the tunnel because I'm running away from something else that was painful. Trying really hard to not let that happen after my recent loss, because I've done it every single other time in the past.

Strong deads there girl - and still super jealous of the weight you can put on those shoulders for presses

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i find that i do that with each new interest of mine, and i eventually mellow and sometimes even lose interest.
    ^^ This isn't a bad thing, IMO. You dive into new things, learn as much as you can and if it doesn't stick, move on. I predict you are in it for the long haul when it comes to your weightlifting though. There is so much to do and learn within that, you'll never get bored.

Deads looking good, everything looking good. Keep it up!
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

WTG on DL Geek! SRS question, why only the 5 sets with 2 being warmup? I know you're doing MADCOW, I always assumed the warmup sets were not supposed to be in the 5 rep scheme. So like squats would be 3 sets of wu at whatever wu you use, then 5 sets of 86-109lbs with more small jumps in between. Ahh I may be completely off there, just smack me if so.
    Current PRs:

madcow is set up like this. the SL5x5 is different.

it does feel sorta weird to do so little, but i figured why not do it as ordered and see if it works. i used a preset excel spreadsheet for the calculations. i just plugged in my max's and the spreadsheet told me what to do.

that sounds a bit like They Live but its true! i dont know what im doing, just following along.

madcow is set up like this. the SL5x5 is different.

it does feel sorta weird to do so little, but i figured why not do it as ordered and see if it works. i used a preset excel spreadsheet for the calculations. i just plugged in my max's and the spreadsheet told me what to do.

that sounds a bit like They Live but its true! i dont know what im doing, just following along.
    Gotcha, I honestly never realized it was set up like that. And lol at that pic.
    Current PRs: