Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1277
    bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Swann74 View Post
    Quick "drive-by" posting today...

I really didn't feel very strong today. I hit all my proscribed numbers, but things were feeling randomly heavy left and right.

April 2, 2012

Snatch
    Bar x5x2
    95x1x3
    115x1x3
    135x1x3

Cleans
    Bar x5 Sweeps+5 Turnovers
    135x1x2 +Jerk
    155x1x2 +Jerk
    165x1x2 +Jerk

Squats - ATG
    135x3
    185x3
    215x3
    240x3x2
    255x1
    275x1

Romanian Deadlift
    230x5x3

Devotional, commentary and observations to follow later.
    Great job getting some work done. You do what you can and then press on.

As I am pretty sure everyone here is aware, my son has autism. So I just wanted to share with everyone that today is World Autism Awareness Day. I will readily admit that until autism impacted my family, I didn't know a thing about it. Autism Awareness Day is an outreach to encourage people to learn more about Autism.

From the Autism Speaks website:
    "Join Autism Speaks in celebrating World Autism Awareness Day on April 2 and Light It Up Blue to help shine a light on autism. Whether it is your front porch or your local city hall, an office party or a banquet, the whole world is going blue to increase awareness about autism."
    www.lightitupblue.org
    One more reason I respect you and yours. While none of my children have been diagnosed, we have often wondered if youngest son my have mild asbergers, we have been touched by many children and families dealing with autism. My wifes first job in the schools was as an assistant for a young man with autism. I have long wanted to see our church start a ministry to special needs children, as many families do not go to church because there is no one there to help them. A family right down the street want to attend church but have two children with severe autism and they have not found a church that can care for them. Oh that the Church would wake up to this hidden people group (special needs).
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by punkybj View Post
    Nice work today. Despite things feeling heavy you still stuck to it and got things done. Nice
    Thanks. It was a good exercise in perseverance over mental apathy, to be sure!
    "The LORD is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation! This is my God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him!" - Exodus 15:2

My Dry Bones Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135650711

Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Great job getting some work done. You do what you can and then press on.

One more reason I respect you and yours. While none of my children have been diagnosed, we have often wondered if youngest son my have mild asbergers, we have been touched by many children and families dealing with autism. My wifes first job in the schools was as an assistant for a young man with autism. I have long wanted to see our church start a ministry to special needs children, as many families do not go to church because there is no one there to help them. A family right down the street want to attend church but have two children with severe autism and they have not found a church that can care for them. Oh that the Church would wake up to this hidden people group (special needs).
    Thanks David; this really does mean a lot to me. I am honored and humbled.
    "The LORD is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation! This is my God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him!" - Exodus 15:2

For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. … Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 1:21; 12:2 ESV)

For obvious reasons, autism was on my mind quite a bit today. If you don’t know, autism is classified as a developmental disorder. But really, that makes it sound like autistic individuals are “slow.” In truth, autism is more about perception than simple development. Autistic individuals perceive things differently. And it is because they perceive things differently that they act differently. Most of us would say that we are “normal” and autistic people are odd or off. I have thought long and hard on this issue, and you really have to wonder about just how good it is to be “normal.” My son has, at age 6, more attention to detail and more ability to hone in on individual components of a project than most adults. He gets the importance of doing things – even little things – in the right way. But we say that is odd? Tell me… which of us are really in the right?

In the book of Romans, Paul is direct in pointing out that the “normal” people of the world don’t get it. They are futile in their thinking. They have missed the big picture. The Christ-follower sees things differently. They see the big picture and they understand the importance of doing even the little things the right way. It’s about perception. People say my son isn’t normal. Spiritually speaking, I hope they are saying the same thing about me.

April 2, 2012

As I noted earlier, things just didn’t flow well today. The weather has shifted a bit, so my arthritis was irritating my knees and, despite a decent night’s sleep, I just was tired from the get go. I was not at any risk of being accused of being a strongman today!

Snatch
    While I didn’t feel very strong doing these, I do feel that my technique was not too bad. I was a bit slow on the pull-under, but not as bad as I could have been. Overall, it is actually a fairly good feeling to know that even feeling weak I was able to do these properly.

Clean
    Today’s Cleans felt tighter than Friday’s, so that’s a good thing. As with the Snatches, a shade slow on the pull-under, but not so bad that it ruined the lift. Jerks were solid in technique, but felt shaky on the lockout.

Squats
    I shifted over to the Powerlifting protocol for 531, so this week actually is my 3x3 week rather than the 3x5 week. The protocol is basically to do the top set for only the proscribed reps, then add heavy singles. I decided I’d do two sets at the proscribed weight and reps (240x3) rather than only one, and then do the additional heavy singles. I was going to do a second single at 275, but I lost my tension in the hole so I dumped the bar.

Romanian Deadlifts
    These were strange today. Despite my general sense of weakness, I had plenty of strength to do these. But at the same time, something just felt off about them. My form seemed fine, so I don’t think that was it. Just a general sense. Maybe my body awareness was just off and causing the strange feelings. Who knows.

So I felt far less than optimal, but still succeeded in the work that was planned. I suppose that counts as a mark in the win column. Nonetheless, here’s hoping tomorrow feels stronger.

smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. … Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 1:21; 12:2 ESV)

For obvious reasons, autism was on my mind quite a bit today. If you don’t know, autism is classified as a developmental disorder. But really, that makes it sound like autistic individuals are “slow.” In truth, autism is more about perception than simple development. Autistic individuals perceive things differently. And it is because they perceive things differently that they act differently. Most of us would say that we are “normal” and autistic people are odd or off. I have thought long and hard on this issue, and you really have to wonder about just how good it is to be “normal.” My son has, at age 6, more attention to detail and more ability to hone in on individual components of a project than most adults. He gets the importance of doing things – even little things – in the right way. But we say that is odd? Tell me… which of us are really in the right?

In the book of Romans, Paul is direct in pointing out that the “normal” people of the world don’t get it. They are futile in their thinking. They have missed the big picture. The Christ-follower sees things differently. They see the big picture and they understand the importance of doing even the little things the right way. It’s about perception. People say my son isn’t normal. Spiritually speaking, I hope they are saying the same thing about me.
    Great devotional my friend! Very inspiring!

, but still succeeded in the work that was planned. I suppose that counts as a mark in the win column.
    There ya go!!!
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2

My first workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229543

Diehard fan!
    Kansas City Royals, Kansas City Chiefs, Missouri Mavericks, Missouri Tigers

Originally Posted by smharris1971 View Post
    Great devotional my friend! Very inspiring!
    Very much appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok... so I'm a bit late posting yesterday's training! Sorry. It's been rather hectic here. Holy Week tends to be that way for pastors. Still, I did hit the iron yesterday and will do so tomorrow as well. Session is incoming...

To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 ESV)

With the hectic nature of Holy Week, pastors can't help but think of the extra work-load. Ministry can be draining on any given week, much less this one. But with the extra work comes extra blessing. And that doesn't just apply to Holy Week, and it doesn't just apply to pastors. So often when things get crazy in our life we get deflated. But the reality is that sometimes we should be celebrating more work. It is greater Glory to God, and greater blessing for us.

Yesterday was the complete opposite of Monday. On Monday, I just didn't feel very strong, but my technique seemed solid. Yesterday, I felt plenty strong, but my technique was garbage. It would be nice if both elements came together for once...

Nonetheless, I did hit all my numbers, but only because I allowed myself extra time in Ye Garage to keep hitting the Snatch until I got it right. On a normal day with its typical time restrictions, I would have left very frustrated. But since I was able to spend the extra time, I felt satisfied that I got some decent work in.

April 3, 2012

Snatch
    Bar x5x2
    95x1x2
    115x1x3
    135xFx2
    - I dumped both of these to the front. I dropped down fairly nicely, but didn't actually pull-under which left the bar up front. Urgh.
    135xPS
    - So I finally get under the bar, but without dropping into the squat. Urgh.
    135x1x3
    - Finally started hitting 135 decently, but still not catching these quite as low as I'd like...
    135x1x2
    - Aha! After more than twice the planned attempts, I finally hit two good, deep Snatches.

Cleans
    135x1x2+Jerk
    155x1x2+Jerk
    165x1

Clean & Jerk
    165x1x3

Bench Press
    135x3 (Warm-up Set)
    170x3
    195x3
    220x3
    225x3
    245x1
    255x1x2
    These felt good. Solid form and good strength on these.

Behind-Neck Snatch-Grip Press
    95x5x3
    This was the weight from last time I did BNSGP. Even after the Bench Press work, I had plenty of strength for these. I'll be increasing the weight next week.

So... a day late in posting, but a fair training session.

I'll try to catch up with journals as I can!

punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punkybj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks. It was a good exercise in perseverance over mental apathy, to be sure!
    Well said! ... And great work yesterday!

smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know this is a busy week for you, John! Hope all is well!! Have a great weekend, and Easter my friend!!
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2

Diehard fan!

FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good work brother and very well done getting it done in the first place with the new addition.

Have a wonderful weekend and blessed Easter my friend.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nonetheless, I did hit all my numbers, but only because I allowed myself extra time in Ye Garage to keep hitting the Snatch until I got it right. On a normal day with its typical time restrictions, I would have left very frustrated. But since I was able to spend the extra time, I felt satisfied that I got some decent work in.
    How long do you normally set aside for your training, John?

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job sticking with it and nailing that form towards the ending sets! I'm glad that you're finding the time to keep pushing your training forward.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your preserverance paid off man. Way to stick it out and take advantage of feeling strong
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Good job sticking with it and nailing that form towards the ending sets! I'm glad that you're finding the time to keep pushing your training forward.
    Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    Your preserverance paid off man. Way to stick it out and take advantage of feeling strong
    x 2 brother. Good job.

Originally Posted by punkybj View Post
    Well said! ... And great work yesterday!
    I know this is a busy week for you, John! Hope all is well!! Have a great weekend, and Easter my friend!!
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Good work brother and very well done getting it done in the first place with the new addition.
    Have a wonderful weekend and blessed Easter my friend.
    Thanks all! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday! Holy Week is one of the most draining weeks of the year for me - physically, emotionally, mentally - but certainly one of the best as well. The rewards far exceed the costs!

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    How long do you normally set aside for your training, John?
    Typically I try to keep the training to an hour - warm-up, training, cool-down, and back inside.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    x 2 brother. Good job.
    Thanks gents. The O-lifts are both the most frustrating and the most rewarding lifts I do. But then... while the particular lift in question may differ, I know I'm preaching to the choir about the frustrating lifts being the most rewarding.

In that day, the Root of Jesse, who shall stand as a signal for the people – of Him shall the nations inquire, and His resting place shall be Glorious (Isaiah 11:10 ESV)

It is the day after Easter… and He is Alive. No fitness correlation – at least not directly – but worth mentioning. For many, Easter is over. But the fact of the matter is that while the specific designated day has passed, the celebration of the Resurrection must continue. If you have stopped celebrating it, then you never really understood it. But if you understand, celebrate. If you will celebrate, share Him with those around you.

It was an exhausting and disjointed week last week. I did make it to the garage, but not to the boards. So the training continued. I also have determined that my MTRF schedule just isn’t going to work. I really need the recovery time of a MWF schedule, so I’m going back to that. It was worthwhile to try it out, but it is time to face the reality that I need the recovery or I won’t be making any gains whatsoever.

So just when things should be getting smoothed out, I was up at 1 am last night with Gabe. Flipping channels, we found Total Recall was on and watched that until he fell asleep. Unfortunately, I also fell asleep on the couch with my head at some kind of a funky angle. My neck was pretty significantly stiff this morning and I couldn’t quite loosen it up. So no significantly heavy lifting for me today; mostly just some fairly light-weight GPP work alongside my Olympic Lifts. I won’t bore with the details today.

As an aside, I imagine my journal time will still be somewhat restricted. Now that Easter is past I have a renewed need to focus on the dissertation. Nonetheless, I’ll endeavor to do my best to continue participating and supporting each of you and will continue posting my training.
    Finally… it’s good to be back!

Good stuff, John!! Sorry to hear about the neck! Hope your back to normal in short order!!
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

Diehard fan!

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!!

Sorry 'bout the neck....kink in the neck is THE worst ugh!
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

Good stuff, John!! Sorry to hear about the neck! Hope your back to normal in short order!!
    Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!!

Sorry 'bout the neck....kink in the neck is THE worst ugh!
    Thanks. The neck is fine now that it has finally had sufficient time to stretch/loosen up. Nothing serious... just slept in one of those strange positions.

Easter was wonderful, CF! Great worship; good thick sirloin for Easter dinner (lunch, actually); and a rousing Easter egg hunt with the kids. One of those days that just makes you smile.

Spot-on devotional today brother. And glad to read the neck is fine, though, once I read it was attributed to merely sleeping at a funky angle, I knew it was nothing serious and would resolve quickly. But glad it is good.

Spot-on devotional today brother.
    Thanks my brother. That means a lot to me.

The LORD of Hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand!” For the LORD of Hosts has purposed, and who will annul it? His hand is stretched out and who will turn it back? (Isaiah 14:24, 27 ESV)

So after Monday’s GPP and my recovery from a stiff and sore neck, today I was back on plan. I will admit, though, that part of me wants a different plan. I really enjoy 531, but I hate my Squats. It just seems like they are lagging and weak. But, to be fair, I need to stick to the program and give it time to work. It is not about how fast I improve… it is about overall improvement.

I love the book of Isaiah, the so-called ‘Prince of Prophets.’ The above passage is an important one. Unlike with our plans, God’s plans are always successful. Not only are they successful, they are inevitable. The question for us is whether or not we will stick to the program and give it time to work. His plan will work… but will we be patient? Stick with the plan and find improvement.

Today was an OK day in Ye Olde Garage. I knew that coming off of last week’s overtraining and Monday’s interruption in the program I wouldn’t be at my best, but I did acceptably well. Stick with the program and let the program work…

April 12, 2012

Snatch
    Bar x5x2
    95x1
    105x1
    115x1
    125x1
    135x1x3
    135xPS
    Snatches went well today. My form and strength both felt better than I thought they might. I had planned on doing four singles at 135, but missed my pull-under on the fourth and it ended up being a Power Snatch. Frustrating, but at least it was the last rep so it didn’t mess up the entire training scheme.

Clean & Jerk
    135x1
    145x1
    155x1
    165x1x2
    175x1x2
    Now these were much better than Monday’s work. I continue to struggle with overpulling, but my pull-under was better. Also, today’s Jerks felt solid and strong.

Squats-ATG
    175x5
    200x5
    225x5
    275x1
    Following the PL protocol, this week should just be the 3x5 without the heavy singles, but I felt like I needed to add something. The 275 was smooth and relatively easy.

Romanian Deadlift
    235x5x3
    Strong and easy, not much else to say here.

And there it is. Not a bad day, but not stellar. I’ll take it though…

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not a bad day, but not stellar. I’ll take it though…

a 275 squat after all those snatches and cleans is pretty stout work
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

a 275 squat after all those snatches and cleans is pretty stout work
    Thanks Rich! I truly appreciate that particular piece of encouragement!

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Today was an OK day in Ye Olde Garage.
    Uhm... saw this vvvv

Squats-ATG
    275x1
    Looks more than OK to me

Accidentally hit unsubscribe.... Resubbed

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The LORD of Hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand!” For the LORD of Hosts has purposed, and who will annul it? His hand is stretched out and who will turn it back? (Isaiah 14:24, 27 ESV)

So after Monday’s GPP and my recovery from a stiff and sore neck, today I was back on plan. I will admit, though, that part of me wants a different plan. I really enjoy 531, but I hate my Squats. It just seems like they are lagging and weak. But, to be fair, I need to stick to the program and give it time to work. It is not about how fast I improve… it is about overall improvement.

I love the book of Isaiah, the so-called ‘Prince of Prophets.’ The above passage is an important one. Unlike with our plans, God’s plans are always successful. Not only are they successful, they are inevitable. The question for us is whether or not we will stick to the program and give it time to work. His plan will work… but will we be patient? Stick with the plan and find improvement.

.....…
    In for today's devotional and it's importance in our daily lives, John. Thanks. Agree that your workout more than OK in my book.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Uhm... saw this vvvv
    Looks more than OK to me
    Thanks Steve, coming from you, that means more than a little!

Accidentally hit unsubscribe.... Resubbed
    Welcome back!

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    In for today's devotional and it's importance in our daily lives, John. Thanks. Agree that your workout more than OK in my book.
    Thanks on both counts Bob! I really appreciate the community of fellowship that all you guys (and gals!) in this journal provide. It is invaluable to me!

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squats look good, especially after all that other work. Mirin....serious.... GJDM.

Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19