Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 20 7/9/06

Sup all,

Well let's see Friday night I went bowling and was the Designated Driver, I consumed a massive amount of water...and had literally 3 sips of my gf's light beer so that was pretty impressive.

Then that night they all went back and drank more and I had my cottage cheese and natural peanut butter while everyone had some cake thing that someone made.

Then late that night I woke up in the middle of the night and was sweating like crazy, THE AIR WAS OFF! So i went and turned it back on and had this amazingly huge craving for doritos, I think it was because my gf was eating them before bed, but ugh...I had 15 chips, I think thats like 2 servings So that sucked.

Yesterday I had a plan to go to the gym and finish my weeks lifts (legs). But my grandma called so I had to help her fix her computer, then my buddy wanted to do a shady deal at costco. He returned 2 chairs he bought a year ago so he could get a new couch they had available. In any case lugging 2 huge ass chairs down his concrete stairs in 101 degree temp and then going to costco and lugging the huge ass couch up his stairs was quite a workout. Then we went to the pool and played some pool basketball with another friend of ours. Which was full contact.

Because of all of that I am actually pretty sore and felt I got a good weird workout yesterday But I will still go do legs later on. My eating has been great besides the doritos that one night.

Yesterday I had: brown rice and eggs. oatmeal and protein. almonds. turkey burger w/ whole wheat bread and pepperjack cheese. cottage cheese and natural peanut butter.

I haven't done squats, or straight leg deadlifts in a long long long long long long time so I anticipate me feeling very bad after I go today. I'll report back later.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Damn legs :( *HELP*

Well I just finished leg day, it felt good to do legs again but meh...I don't think I gave it my all :-/

Squats: 295 x 6, 305 x 4.5, 315 x 3.5
    The .5's mean I didn't go down all the way, AKA I am a weenie.
    Leg Press: 630 x 8, 720 x 6
    Stiff Leg Deadlift: 205 x 6, 225 x 6
    Standing Calf Raises: 520 x 14, 580 x 9
    45degree Calf Raises (on leg press machine): 720 x 13, 770 x 12

K, well I think I was cheating myself on the squats...I definately didn't go all the way down to my legs being parallel. Maybe next time i should stick a bench under my ass and force myself to touch it on each rep to correct myself.

Also I did them on a smith machine, I hadn't done squats for soooo long and I had no spotter that I just felt alot more comfortable on a guided machine than with free weights. Yes this is definately an excuse.

The leg presses went fine, I didn't cheat myself I lower the weight as far as my stomach will allow then drive it back up. These felt great. I always enjoy doing these.

The stiff leg deadlifts is where I was frustrated. I asked a guy in the gym for help eventhough i checked the max-ot site right before to read about proper technique...So whenever I do something I don't know or haven't done for a long time I literally spend a long long long time making sure I am doing it as correctly as possible. So I started at 135lbs. Did a couple, went up, went up more, and more...

I still wasn't sure if I was doing them properly. Basically I would grab the weight that was near knee height. I would lift like a deadlift till my back was straight and move away from the support bar, then with my knees having a fairly descent bend I would move the bar from near my crotch down my leg to about 3 or 4 inches below my knee. Then on my way back up I wouldn't go as far I would not have a straight back in the up position and I would do another rep.

My main focus was to not roll my back, but because I was concentrating on it so much I didn't know if I should do more weight, less weight, if I was going down far enough, I felt it a bit in my hamstrings during the lift but after I reracked the weight the feeling went away so I wasn't sure if I was being to cautious or not.

I assume this exercise also works the lower back, if it doesn't then I must have done something wrong because I felt it in my lower back just as much if not more than in my hamstrings.

The standing calf was fairly straight forward, i enjoy those.

The 45 degree calf raises are horrible, because I have that much weight on the leg press machine I have to do a regular lift to get the weight up then I have to move my legs down to the calf section while having all of this weight on my legs...It's not comfortable, it feels very unsafe. Then before I rack the weight I am alrady fatigued but in order to be more stable on the way back down I have to go back up to a leg press stance to safely put the weight down.

Let me add, for lifts that I don't know well or haven't done for a long time, I take a long time to get comfortable with the form. Squats, stiff leg deadlifts, good mornings. I spend a good 20-30 minutes doing lower weight and controlling everything to make sure I am under control then I gradually go up in weight and up in weight until i feel I can do my required reps. For instance squats today, I did 135 x 10, 165 x 6, 185 x 2, 225 x 2, 275 x 1 then did my set. I just don't record it or show it in my performance because it's just warming up or getting the old form down.

Does my stiff leg deadlift sound correct? What do you recommend to correct my squats? Or is about 75 degrees down good for a squat?
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on getting thru leg day, that is rough. Deads sound OK to me, yeah they hit my lower back good too w/the hammies. I am no lifting form guru lol but just keep working on the squats, try legs a little farther apart to help you get down lower maybe until you get used to them again. The chair under butt is a good idea too. I am the same way with starting light when getting back into it and getting the form down, smart man. Oh you are gonna be sore today. Lugging the chairs and couch probably cancelled out the Doritos, it's all good man.

I know violence isn't the answer...I got it wrong on purpose.

Originally Posted by Odin
    Oh you are gonna be sore today. :
    LOL you are so right. I am quite a bit sore today. Mainly in my hamstrings which I wasn't feeling so bad yesterday. Lower back is feeling pretty sore also, a good sore as if I just did lower back the day before

I'd like to add that Tom Venuto explained that auto-pilot crap down to a T. You write out your goals, you continue to say your goals and eventually dieting and lifting becomes almost like an auto-pilot. Besides those doritos...which I don't know how I got a craving for them all of a sudden but dieting, eating every 3 hours almost to the minute. Lifting and cardio has really been a great deal easier. It's almost like it's just a daily natural routine that after 5 or 6 months I will be done and can start another routine of bulking But wow, what a great feeling!

Now on to the hard part...I am having a real problem with getting up in the morning. I set my alarm for 6:30am..I snooze...I set 3 alarms...2 across my room, one I have to turn my computer screen on for just to turn off. And I still snooze. I want to get in the habit of waking up and doing morning cardio and I know the only thing that will get me to do this is myself, but with my gf sleeping next to me, the cold morning and the warm covers this is really a bit of a struggle. Anyone know any good methods to getting up in the morning when you don't want to?

If I can get up 3-4 times a week in the morning and do cardio I think it will speed up my process quite a bit and I will also feel better for the rest of the day.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Originally Posted by Short One
    That's funny with your spot man. Can just picture it now. *lol*
    Why I asked a 115lb asian guy that looked very passive and was benching 105 lbs to spot me I do not know, maybe I wanted a challenge... But yes it was pretty funny especially seeing the looks of people around when I yelled at him.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey there JaeGee. You get used to waking for the fasted workouts. I set my clock at 4:30, and takes me a couple of snoozes to get out. I've been a morning lifter from the start.

People think I'm nuts (and well, maybe I am) but it's a habit formed. Besides, you're in the summer, which is MUCH easier IMHO, compared to the winter now for me.
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/

I bet the first page and a half is filled with stuff I no longer do

And I tend to write essay's, since I have 8 hours monday through friday at work to fill.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

And christ am I that boring?
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Wow wow wow Thanks for spending the time to really go through my journal boyscout, let me post my workout and such then I will make sure to go through it again and answer any questions you may have asked.

Arms:
    Straight Barbell curl: 125 x 6, 130 x 4 ( I love the damn feeling of having the last rep take 15 seconds to get up, but when you finally get it up...what a damn relief)
    Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 55 x 7, 60 x 3.5
    Cable Curl: 200 x 6

Cable push down (straightbar): 225 x 7, 225 x 5
    Lying Tricept Extension (skullcrusher): 125 x 5.5, 125 x 5
    Dumbbell Kickback: 40 x 8
    barbell wrist curl: 145 x 8, 145 x 8
    Dumbbell wrist curl: 50lb x 14

I asked the guy that worked at the college gym who i see train people alot how to properly do dumbbell kickbacks and he really helped me out, but I still didn't feel very good doing it.

Basically my bicepts are improving like crazy, if you look at last weeks reps I either went up weight or added 1 or 2 reps to everything, on the alternating dumbbell curls I saw 2 huge fatty veins all the way along my bicept then mini veins spread out from the large one...God I am such a vein freak, it's like the first time I got underarm or chest hair. I know once I get veins that stick out it is probably going to be an annoyance but I dunno I'm a dork like that.

On the barbell wrist curls the same guy gave me a bit of advice, to use the 2.5lb locking grips so the weights don't move, this was great, made the lifts much harder because the weight didn't shift and alter what muscle I was actually working.

My diet was good, I didn't eat the tuna salad cuz I am a dummy and forgot to make it. Then I even went home to have lunch (chicken and brown rice) specifically to make the damn tuna salad for later and i still forgot to make it... So I had oatmeal instead

I think I need to check my ego at the door on the tricep stuff, I think I am doing too much weight and working my shoulders out more than my tris. The reason I think that is because my bicepts are improving alot, but my triceps aren't they are very stagnant. We will see in the morning if I am sore or not.

Let me run through your posts boyscout, thanks again for spending the time on it.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Originally Posted by boyscouT
    What's your GF think about what your doing? I bet she's proud and happy.
    Nope my gf is weird, I met her when I was more fit and playing rugby for my college, then I got really really fat and she stuck with me and didn't want me to lose weight. Now she just complains that at night when she sleeps in my arms it isn't as squishy. I love her for not being superficial in that she cares how I look but hate it at the same time because she honestly doesn't care so much. If anything now she is scared of losing me. We have been together for 3 years. She is 5'1'' 105 lbs so a little tiny thing, we look very odd together

Why are you taking 10g of creatine a day? That's pure overkill. Keep it to 5g a day, max. Also, is it CEE or mono? If it's mono and you don't bloat, great. If you are bloating, I recommend CEE.
    lol I dunno, cuz I thought 5g in the morning 5g after workout was the right way to take it And it's mono, hell I don't know if I am bloated lol, I have been taking it every since I started so I didn't see any excess bloat because 274lbs not bloated and 274 bloated looks the same I will start to take just 5g of creatine after workouts and noxplode before. what about glutamine? 10g: 5g in morning, 5g after workout good?

Also, I would aim for 2+ gallons of water a day, especially at your size and activity level.
    whew...that's quite alot of water I will try my best, honestly during workouts (lifting) I fill up my 32oz thing of water 3 times, but during work and especially late at night the water intake really slows down...but I promise to try and get as much as possible.

No deadlifts on back day?
    I am currently doing the ast max-ot method (google search max ot and it was the first listing, it's a 12 week course) After I finish I will customize the max ot like you have talked about throughout. I am sure next week they probably incorporate deadlifts. But yes they will be added shortly.

haha i'm pretty sure the sugars in a cookie aren't the type of sugars you want after a workout
    LOL yah no ****, luckily now I don't get cravings very often, today I walked past the vending machine (since I have to at work to get to the kitchen) and was tempted with corn nuts but I declined, I just thought about my goals and knew my next meal was just 40 minutes away.

Those numbers are nothing to be ashamed about as long as your form is perfect.
    That day the form was definately not perfect, hell nothing that day was close to perfect except for my drive to and from the gym But my last leg workout (yesterday) went a great deal better, I just have to work on my squats. Once again, I have to put my ego to check, I am used to being the big strong guy in the gym...So stupid I need to drop that stupidity.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

PS: I'm only squatting 135, but it's a2g and perfect form. Remember man in this game it's not how much you lift, but how much you look like you can lift.
    very true, I have a feeling next week my squats may be around 215 or 225 with perfect form, sticking the bench under my ass and making me do reps to where I touch it and back up. Once again lol I need to drop my damn ego.

I find that it is only at the college gym, since usually I am the strongest guy there, when i go to 24hour which after this month and all of my past lifts prior to this month, I am usually the middle guy, there are always roided out dudes lifting tons of weight. I saw this short fat gangbanger mexican guy with a belly out atleast 3 feet rep a set of 4-6 of 405lb benchpress without a spotter...w...t...f.... So I usually don't have an ego at 24hour because I am no where near the biggest guy there.

Enough with my excuses. I need to work out my form for legs and triceps and not worry about how much weight I am putting up, but that the weight I am putting up is perfect in every way

Good... rest is always good. I usually rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
    Yah I really really take awhile, 3 to 4 minutes I really want to make sure I have the energy to give it everything per set. I find the arms to take the longest because that program i am doing calls for biceps, triceps, and forearms.

Why is your GF against you going to the gym??
    As I said before she would rather spend time with me than see me in better shape. Oh well she has learned to cope, but she still asks me if I want to try anything she is eating, which is annoying "do you want to try these chips" "want to try these cookies?" "try some of this pad thai" "want some of this cake I baked" heh she loves to cook and especially bake, it can be rough sometimes.

Those breaded chicken strips sound mad good, lol.
    whew, seems like ages ago I had those, the bad part was that I had those right before I passed out for the night lol. With my diet right now the only bread I get is in the morning with my english muffin and sugar free jelly. And damnit you can take my junk food but you will never take my english muffin!

There is a difference between being lazy and being efficient. I used to post my diet in my journal but stopped, because it was too much of a hassle for me.
    I agree but it was lazyness when I went back and re-evaluated everything I was crystal clear again with what I was putting into my belly. Also it allowed me to make that excel file and really stick to my diet. I don't know what I would be eating right now if I hadn't taken the 3 hours or so to really rethink my eating and calorie intake. I know the 40/40/20 isn't needed right now, but it will make it easier when I am at 11-12%bf and really want to get into those single digits

More protein in meal 1
    Less protein more carbs in meal 2
    Little more protein in meal 4
    Less protein in meal 5
    More protein in meal 6
    I have uploaded my new diet, it is actually what I have been eating for about a week now. i realized my meal 2 and 4 should almost be turned around. If you can look at my new diet and re-evaluate I would really enjoy that.

I think with my current diet (the newly uploaded one) I still need another protein in meal 1, and more protein in meal 6. do you have any suggestions

Also let me add that my meal 5 is weird since it is always post workout, I immediately have protein with 5g of creatine and 5g of glutamine then about 45 minutes later I have the chicken and rice...I don't know if this changes your suggestion but just letting you know.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

After you initially lift the rack from the floor, have someone stick a plate onto the pin from the back .
    Yah LQ gave me a bit of advice about this too I was able to grab another pin from another machine and attach a 25 lb to it...Same principle, damn your guys ingenuity.

I hate tricep kickbacks because of shoulder pain. Ditch them, start skullcrushers.
    Yup, they will be ditched next week, I did skullcrushers right before these in my workout. However this week was really odd when I brough the weight down right behind my head my feet literally felt like they were about to leave the ground, it was very strange and not in a good way. I thought I was about to topple over.

Leg Raises: How do you add weight to your legs? Do you balance a dumbbell along your ankles?

"no idea."
    Actually Lifequest helped me out on this, a dumbbell between your legs worked out well, sorta hard to get the hang up and I couldn't do much weight but just enough to make it alot harder to do reps with.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Ever consider getting a home scale?
    When I used to be over 300lbs the damn home scales used to act like a tetter totter, since then I can never trust them. Plus it offers me a small bit of motivation to actually get up in the morning and get into the gym

The guy is an idiot... "if I can't do 10 reps then its way too much weight"... wow pure bull****.
    Yes...the guy was a true idiot. And I really wanted to punch him in the junk when I saw him bending his whole body over the stepper machine getting hardly any benefit out of it at all.

Well the seated cable rows felt a bit odd, I would grab the straight bar and pull it towards the bottom of my chest, sort of have my upper body at a 45 degree angle backwards. It almost felt like my shoulders were getting a bit of a workout doing this, am I doing it properly? It's the way I have always done it... knees slightly bent, back straight or angled slightly back, and pull the straight bar with arms full extended to the bottom of my chest then back out to a full extension.

"Hold the grips at the top, you use less bicep and it's more back."
    I am a bit confused I used a straight bar, by grips at the top do you mean hold them with a closer grip? I use an overhand grip...Sorry just don't understand what "hold the grips at the top" means.

Weight is subjective. If a 95lb barbell bench press gives you a good workout, then so be it. Don't get so caught up in numbers.
    Yah I need to kick that habit as bad as I needed to kick my poor diet before, once again it goes back to ego in the gym and it is stupid.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Good to know you have some knowledgable people lifting at your gym.
    Well it is hit or miss, if they try to get me to completely alter what I am doing or tell me what reps to do then I disregard their opinions but if they help me correct whatever misalignment I may have then I know it's good advice since he helps me reduce injury. But for the most part yes I have gotten lucky so far.

Definately leave your ego at the door. Your description tells me you are NOT working your triceps the way they should be and you are using too much weight. Remember man when you're only cheating yourself!

And another thing, whether or not you are sore the following day does not mean anything . I am usually NOT sore after a chest, shoulder, or back workout but my lifts are going up every week and I am gaining considerable mass.
    Yah heh ego will be put in check, I'll mentally think about it before I workout from no on.

And I didn't know about that soreness information, thanks for telling me that. Learn something new everyday. Today in particular I must have learned about 20 new things

She must be a wonderful person to stick with you through thick and thin. I'm sure you don't take her for granted, but i'm telling you once more.. don't take her (or anything) for granted! Let her know she does NOT have to be scared of losing you man... chicks need that reassurance. And DAMN... 5'1" 105lbs... she needs to bulk, asap!
    Yes she is definately a keeper. And I make sure to tell her daily that she has nothing to worry about, but we all know that never helps heh. Also, she is in pharmacy school at the best school in the nation, and is from hawaii, when she graduates we will be headed back there

Yea it's 5g of creatine MAX because our bodies can only hold that much at any given point... any more and it's pissed right out. Same with glutamine, keep it to 5g a day.
    Whew, that couldn' have been good on me liver. Also thanks for the heads up on the glutamine. I read a forum post a long long time ago about taking as much as you can afford daily lol...I'll take the 5g of glutamine and 5g of creatine post workout from now on or in the morning if I have no workout for the day.

Thanks for that tip.

Just to remind you I (and I think LQ) are doing Max-OT as well.. take a look at our routines for some ideas on how to customize your routine.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=748287 just quickly skim through it from the last page onwards.
    Thanks for the link I'll check out your guys routine later tonight. I am so addicted to reading useful information it's nutty. I went back today and purchased Tom venuto's book BFFM. With the purchase i also receive like 4 other ebooks...So I get to read those. And I ordered that other book that Nithos is checking out the cut book that was free + 3.95 s+h. Which I know nothing about but I felt like reading more

And yah I read Tom Venuto's book by getting it online, I am a stickler to my beliefs that I won't give my money away to people that don't deserve it, but that book was great. So I purchased his upgraded package with his new book taht just came out last month for 59.95. Yah what I did was illegal but people putting out bogus information should also be And I make sure to purchase anything I find useful or entertaining music included.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Do you think she is saying those things on purpose to... make you GAIN the weight BACK???
    Heh she very well may be. She wants to fatten me up so i am a pillow again which is probably more comfortable at night. or she just enjoyed how I used to be where we would go out to eat a lot.

She has to study a lot, like 3 or 4 hours a day. Their pharmacy school is ridiculous if you fail a class you have to take the whole year of school over, and if you get too many bad scores you go on probation. If you fail a second class you get kicked out and if you get more bad scores on probation you get kicked out as well. It's like one big dorm building of people studying 24/7.

Anyway enough with my ramble, when she has free time we have to use it and alot of the time she wants to go out to eat or something, so she gets aggrevated when i go and get salmon or something "unfun".

She is starting to come around, atleast now on study breaks we go for a run or something.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Stupid ftp, nonsense <mumble>

www.enjae.net/user/foodplan_jaegee_new.xls should work, wouldn't copy over or something...I don't know.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Skullcrushers shouldn't go past/behind your head You sure you're doing them right? lol
    I know what way you are talking about and that's what I have always done until I read the new way on the max ot site. Said to go behind the head and not to the forehead. I'll go back to the other way

Damn it's gonna suck if that dumbbell drops on your balls, LOL.
    ROFL exactly what LQ said, actually I think he said make sure it doesn't drop on your balls, probably from personal experience.

Ah my bad I thought you were using a different type of handle:
    http://kcount.com/webIQ/Img/back_seated_row_start.jpg

The one that chick is using.. it's better to grip it as high as you can without compromising form.
    Yah I have been using a straight bar, I think I just need to go back to what we have been talking about and checking me ego at the door, I'll drop some weight and really focus on using my back muscles for this lift.

I recommend taking the glutamine and creatine on your off days, at approximately the same time you would workout. Did that make sense?
    Yup makes perfect sense, will do.

Haha I won't tell anyone if you don't, I get a ****load of **** for free online as well. Just downloaded a few of Ronnie Coleman's lifting videos.. Cost of Redemption, On the Road, and The Unbelievable... shhhhhh
    LOL I am sure everyone "shares" files between everyone, you should see my ipod...I saw a video of Ronnie doing a leg press with 1600 lbs on it and he repped it 10 times. My lord.

------------------
    On a side note, I have been looking for a new job and this company is really eager to hire me. So that is good news, nice pay increase but no where near where I want to be for a lifetime job.

My current boss I guarantee is going to cry when I leave, and I hope the new job doesn't cut into my time I can spend on bb.com during my work day.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Originally Posted by boyscouT
    More protein in meal 1
    Take out protein shake from Meal 5 and put in meal 1
    Switch meals 4 and 5
    Take out brown rice at meal 6

Your food choices and ratios are fine... just your food placement seems a little messed up.
    Meal 1: I added a protein shake.

My meal 5 is post workout, should I still not have this protein shake immediately after workout followed 45minutes later with chicken and brown rice? It seemed like a good after workout meal. Maybe take out the brown rice and put in a salad or fibrous veggie like broccoli so a complex carb isn't that late in the day? But keep the protein shake...

meal 6 doesn't have brown rice in it, my meal 6 is the cc and natural peanut butter, the meal after that is an additional meal that I can substitute in. Sorry about that confusion.

------------
    meal 1: added protein shake
    meal 5: took out brown rice and substituted a fibrous carb instead (broccoli)

Sound good? Thanks again for all the help. I have taken up enough of your time heh. I'll just assume these changes are good and you can go post elsewhere
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Yah firefox does rule. I use it at work constantly to cycle through different forums. I have my personal firefox and work firefox open at all times so if my boss come in I can pop open the work firefox and discuss how I am researching mySQL databases for our clients.

Today is going to be a bit odd. I drank my protein shake right when I woke up so now my meal 2 is missing a protein...Right now all I am eating is oatmeal. Just to add more calories I may just get me those corn nuts and have a more balanced meal. Actually I will report back with the nutritional information. It isn't overly horrible.

The rest of the diet should be the same. Tonight I am going golfing with my dad, I hope I can finish pretty quickly so I can get to the college gym before it closes at 8. But I may need to go to 24hour afterwards because of the golf.

I believe today is shoulders and traps joy.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ROFL exactly what LQ said, actually I think he said make sure it doesn't drop on your balls, probably from personal experience.

Damn that can't be good for future LQ Jrs.

HAHA. The family jewels are just fine. Personally I’ve never droped a DB on them but I would imagine if I dropped the 50 lbs DB 3 feet from leg lifts on my nuts I would have to change my name to BETH ::grunt:: and become an angry feminist. I did fail on incline db press for the first time the other week but randomly had a spotter (haven’t had a spotter on that exercise in like a year but was working in with someone). The guy spotting me was 250 lbs at least and caught the 85 lbs dumbbell that was rushing right for my face…what a bad ass. It was strange my arm just gave out like I’d been hit with a bat and passed out. Sorry kind of random…I’ve just never had that happen to me before

So yeah you’re supposed to place the weight between you ankles. May need a towel for cushion if you have ****ty DB’s. also once you can do more then 20 lbs you need to place weight on your chest to prevent you from seesawing. I now need 70 lbs on my chest…you should see the looks I get when I’m doing that exercise…haha
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice THAT we fail to notice there is little we can do to change until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.

The Beginners Guide to FAT loss / LQ Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=827373

LQ do you do the exercise on a flat bench where your legs will hang over the edge or just on the ground? I have always been doing them on the ground where I would raise my legs about 12-15inches from the ground hold for awhile then drop back down to about 1 to 2 inches off the ground.

But I see alot of people (mainly in shape people) doing them on flat benches. Especially with dumbbells at their feet.

And I have seen my buddy drop a dumbbell on his face...lol there is definately no way to play that off. You just gotta sit there for awhile and usually end up with a big red mark on your forehead for a week.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

| |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |

This is the wall I have been banging my head on over the PFG thread. I hope in a week I forget about the thread and her's existence. *SMASH SMASH SMASH*
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Think of a room, filled with so much negativity and so many situations behind every corner that you just want to punch someone in the face. Then picture this small room expanded to a very large room, a warehouse. And the magnitude of these small negative wanting to punch everyone in the face gets expounded by 1000x.

That's what her journal feels like.

LQ and many many others gave her sound advice, and all she would post is "hey I am doing great! I would appreciate it if you all wouldn't be negative and try to keep putting me down. i really don't appreciate it!"

"once again I am trying, please please be nice to me!"

"negative is all I hear, your lies have filled this thread"

She didn't actually put these quotes in her journal but after you read everyones input, then read her reply you just want to bang your head against the wall i have beautifully illustrated above.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No BS you should go take a look at it, my posts are dead on but she ignores them it’s kind of funny.

Ill compare it to trying to show an angry pit bull dying on thirst where water is.

“it’s right there boy see right there in front of you”

::dog tries to bite your face off::

no you stupid animal I’m not attacking you I’m trying to show you wh..

leaps for jugular gin snarling rage

damnit dog!! serves you right, fine, die of thirst, idiot…

that’s how I feel about her, have you ever wanted to be in a room with someone with one of those giant read waffle ball bats and just beat them unmercifully? It wouldn’t cause much damage but it would be so rewarding…yeah….
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice THAT we fail to notice there is little we can do to change until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.

Originally Posted by lifequest
    have you ever wanted to be in a room with someone with one of those giant read waffle ball bats and just beat them unmercifully? It wouldn’t cause much damage but it would be so rewarding…yeah….
    LOL you analogy was better. And then this just made me laugh out loud for awhile.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Every time I think about that it calms me down, ahhhh wiffle ball bat..yes...

she just tried to insult me in her thread…I let her have it, haha, of to the gym!! Later on

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JaeGee
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |

This is the wall I have been banging my head on over the PFG thread. I hope in a week I forget about the thread and her's existence. *SMASH SMASH SMASH*
    Makes me angry that Journal. I've looked over it a few times, and her 51% body fat thread. She's got issues and not heeding anyone's advice.

Edit: Oh lord. I couldn't resist, I had to see the latest in her adventures.. Man. I could tell she wasn't strong when she'd lost 2 lbs, and then put on like 10.
    Then she didn't want to start till she got her mp3 player. Like that would make a difference.

Anyway. I'm sorry JaeGee. I got my frustrations out (a little. Still got more bottled). I don't want this to spill out too much more in your journal
    Last edited by Short One; 07-11-2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362

lol no problem the thread has been entertaining me today at work. My boss even asked if anything was wrong right after i finished reading her latest post. obviously there was nothing wrong I just looked upset at my computer screen I guess lol.

And feel free to derail my journal whenever you want
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Well I just finished with golf. I got 3 pars and only tied my dad, so it went into putt putt sudden death. And I won on the 7th putting hole. Woohoo! But the sun wiped me out I don't think i am going to go to the gym today. I will however go stock up on food for another week and cook a delicious whole wheat spaghetti w/ mushroom sauce!

And I will promise to go in the morning for cardio and tomorrow night for weights like usual.

Also since I am without lifting tonight I will recheck the bf% and measurements for my weekly results.

I'll keep you posted.
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -

Originally Posted by JaeGee
    Well I just finished with golf. I got 3 pars and only tied my dad, so it went into putt putt sudden death. And I won on the 7th putting hole. Woohoo! But the sun wiped me out I don't think i am going to go to the gym today. I will however go stock up on food for another week and cook a delicious whole wheat spaghetti w/ mushroom sauce!

And I will promise to go in the morning for cardio and tomorrow night for weights like usual.

Also since I am without lifting tonight I will recheck the bf% and measurements for my weekly results.

I'll keep you posted.
    Not sure whether you were playing putt putt in the first place, or played putt putt on a full sized green. *lol*

Total of about 30-35g of protein in my whole meal.

2 servings of whole wheat spaghetti
    3 servings of roasted garlic sauce
    2 servings of almonds

Tons of water.

Was a pretty balanced meal although the calories are a little bit on the high side because the almonds added in an almost 340 more calories :-/

And no it was a full size golf course, the putt putt sudden death was on the practice green afterwards
    8 WK CUT!
    18APR2010 - 242.5
    25APR2010 -
    02MAY2010 -
    09MAY2010 -
    16MAY2010 -
    23MAY2010 -
    30MAY2010 -
    06JUN2010 -