Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Whitekoala View Post
    Ya no problem man, if you have any questions at all ask them. I love talking bodybuilding, can talk bodybuilding all day.
    lots of great info op ty. how do you move up in weight ? like in ss or billstarr there is a percentage to move up everyweek. if you do p/p/l how do you raise your weight safely and get best gains ?
    ♝ MISC CHESS CREW BLACK KNIGHT ♝

it's a 1v1 duel, a brutal chess match with nowhere to hide that requires extensive training, where the ultimate stakes are not scoring more points or pride but preserving the well-being of your body. The penalty for being unfocused or outclassed is not merely getting benched for the next game or not getting your contract renewed, it can be the annihilation of your physical manifestion.

jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkaing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good work bro! strong transformation/10

Boooon4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arms look huge bro, Good stuff.

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stoqgata View Post
    sick
    thx man appreciate it
    Originally Posted by Pitmonk View Post
    awesome job, thanks for sharing
    ya no problem bro

Originally Posted by ameribrah View Post
    lots of great info op ty. how do you move up in weight ? like in ss or billstarr there is a percentage to move up everyweek. if you do p/p/l how do you raise your weight safely and get best gains ?
    Typically i move up 5lbs on heavy compound movements such as squats, barbell bench press. Some exercises such as barbell shrugs or calf raises i might go as high as 10-20lbs per session.
    Isolation exercises typically 2.5lbs. The key to remember is form and making sure you are actually working the said muscle. If i find my form is a bit shaky, i might keep the weight the same and work on better controlled reps. I also like to do what madcows does as well, sort of like a loading phase. Right now i do overhead dumbell extensions with 48lbs on arm. What i did is i brought that down to 23lbs and now i am slowly working my way back to 48lbs using better form. I usually do this for a few different exercises, and it really does work.
    Originally Posted by jkaing View Post
    Good work bro! strong transformation/10
    Thx man appreciate it

Originally Posted by Boooon4 View Post
    Arms look huge bro, Good stuff.
    Thx man appreciate it

Registered User TheResurrection's Avatar
    TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on such an impressive transformation, I've just joined this forum because of you!

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

I can see that you really believe in the p/p/l system but what routine/s did you follow over the last two years and which one/s did you find to be the most effective?

Also, what macronutrient split do you follow?

Cheers

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheResurrection View Post
    Congrats on such an impressive transformation, I've just joined this forum because of you!

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

I can see that you really believe in the p/p/l system but what routine/s did you follow over the last two years and which one/s did you find to be the most effective?

Also, what macronutrient split do you follow?

Cheers
    Wow, thanks a bunch man.
    Means alot when someone makes an account just because of me.

Ya no problem man i love talking bodybuilding, anyone read this, do not, and i mean do not feel free to ask me questions at all. I love it when people ask me questions(srs) ask as many as you want.

When i first started off, i had no power rack, just a bench, barbell and dumbells.

I lifted 10months, maybe a year, with just that.

I did chest/tri monday and thursday. And did back/bi tueday and friday. No legs(well if you count deadlifts, but nothing really to hammer the quads)

Thats why i am, well was(i find my legs getting extremely strong), top heavy.

I then got a power rack and did a bro split.
    Mon: Chest
    tues: back
    wed: shoulders
    thurs:legs
    fri: arms
    sat/sun: off

Did that for about 7 months i belive. I then tried madcows 5x5 for 2 months(not bad, didn't eat enough i don't think, got decent pr's).

Tried wendlers 5 3 1(for 1 month, stupid). If your going to do wendlers 5 3 1, u might as well do it for a year. Its very, very slow progression. i do not recommend it for 90 percent of people.

I now have been doing a push/pull/legs repeat for the last 2 months

So i will try to summarize it:

1 year of training: mon and thursday: chest/tri. Tues and fri back/bi
    7 months of training: bro split
    2 months: madcows 5x5
    1 month: wendlers 5 3 1
    3 weeks: smolov for bench, got it up to 280lbs
    2 months: push/pull/legs/repeat. workout every day

Out of all the routines i highly, highly recommend doing my current routine of. Push/pull/legs repeat workout every single day. I recommend it.

Also i increased my squat in 1 year from about 135lbs to close to 405lbs.

As for macronutrient split.

As in 40/40/20 percent split? I have no idea what my split is. I do this:

1g of protein per pound of bodyweight= 196g for me
    0.5g of fat per pound of bodyweight= about 98g of fat
    fill the rest in with carbs.

Right now i am sitting at around 4,000 calories. I will try to hit 5000 calories each day.

Hopefuly this answers ur questions man

MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What does your Push/pull/legs routine look like?

PUSH:

Barbell bench Press- warmup, 1 working sets
    Dumbell Chest flys- no warmup. 2 working sets
    Dumbell shoulder Press- 1 working set
    Upright Barbell Row- 2 working sets
    Overhead dumbell extension- 2 working sets

Back:

Bent over barbell row- warmup. 2 working sets
    Pullups- warmup. 1 working set
    Barbell Shrugs- 2 working sets
    standing bicep curl- 2 working sets
    hammer curls- 1 working set

LEGS-

Squats- warmup. 1 working set
    stiff legged deadlifts- 2 working sets
    calf raises- 1 working set

did i answer your question bro?

ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    strong bicycle, and an even stronger tv when was that pic taken like 1992.

Originally Posted by ThailandBrah View Post
    strong bicycle, and an even stronger tv when was that pic taken like 1992.
    thx man appreciate it

TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheResurrection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks very much man, much appreciate your time and the detailed reply.

Can I ask what rep ranges you have followed during these different routines?

Thanks very much man, much appreciate your time and the detailed reply.

Can I ask what rep ranges you have followed during these different routines?
    for the first year when i did chest tri monday and thursday and back/bi tuesday and friday i worked in the 5 set of 5 rep range for everything. Even isolation exercises(stupid) should have used 2-3 sets of 10 reps instead
    For my bro split, same i did 5 sets of 5 reps for my compounds, but for isolation exercises i did 2-3 sets of 10 reps

Then the rest of the routines give you what reps to do like madcows, wendlers, smolov, but ya even though i got good results off of these programs, i do not recommend them

If i knew what i knew now, i would have never of did them and would have had better results

My reuslts were so good, because i ate like a machine. But ya i recommend push/pull/legs/repeat for beginner and intermediate lifteres

vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50) vocathalete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bravo, Whitekoala! Puttin in work!

New Acc. Rep? I Rep Back. Fredo95's Avatar
    Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fredo95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fckin 'mirin. Awesome job brah.
    Peace, Fredo.

tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50) tkonpk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is me before at 5'9 155lbs 15% bodyfat. Arms measure around 13.5inches

Here is me 2 years later at 5'9 191lbs 11%bodyfat. Arms measure 17.5inches.

What do you guys think?

If you guys are interested in my workout routine/split/goals/or just following my progress. Then take a look at my workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149743783

Be sure to leave a comment in my workout log.[/QUOTE]

Umm... amazing transformation sir. Truly inspirational and going to be the reason a lot of people push for a better version of them selves, bravo~
    Tkon's Journey to 1200
    hhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169584723

All My Work Outs
    http://www.youtube.com/tkonpk

Tkon=Ten Kinds of Nasty

Your gains speak for themselves but most of the advice I've come across seems to suggest that for size you need a rep range of 8 - 12 whereas for strength it should be 4 -6. Their logic is that if strength training reps gave you size then all the power lifters will be huge and muscular which they are obviously not whereas most bodybuilders gain more size doing 8 -12.

What's your take on this? Thanks

Originally Posted by vocathalete View Post
    Bravo, Whitekoala! Puttin in work!
    thx alot man appreciate it bro

Originally Posted by Fredo95 View Post
    Fckin 'mirin. Awesome job brah.
    thx man

Originally Posted by tkonpk View Post
    What do you guys think?

If you guys are interested in my workout routine/split/goals/or just following my progress. Then take a look at my workout log:

Be sure to leave a comment in my workout log.
    Umm... amazing transformation sir. Truly inspirational and going to be the reason a lot of people push for a better version of them selves, bravo~[/QUOTE]

whole reason i put this transformation up so people can better themsevles. thx

Your gains speak for themselves but most of the advice I've come across seems to suggest that for size you need a rep range of 8 - 12 whereas for strength it should be 4 -6. Their logic is that if strength training reps gave you size then all the power lifters will be huge and muscular which they are obviously not whereas most bodybuilders gain more size doing 8 -12.

What's your take on this? Thanks
    There is a huge misconception on this. If you are training your compound lifts you should be in the 3-5 rep range. Some may be a bit lower some a bit higher. The point: Keep the rep range low for compounds.

Why?

Because on compound movements you can add alot of weight to the bar, because you are using a compound of muscles to lift the weight, that is why its important to have a high weight low rep range.

As for isolation exercises, such as bicep curls you are not going to be able to do 400lbs for 3 reps on bicep curls. For squats yes. For bicep curls they are a smaller muscle and they require more reps to grow them as compared to a compound movement.

The reason why powerlifters and bodybuilders are different is strictly diet, as well powerlifters aren't focused on growing there biceps or their abs, or their chest muscles. They are 100 percent for strength

Bodybuilders are 100 percent of size.

Bodybuilders will focus on feeling the muscle and will concentrate on the squeeze and the negative.

Powerlifters will use every single inch of their muscles to perform the given lift. For bench press, they will use their triceps, shoulders, chest, lats, legs, almost every single muscle, to its full extent.

When they aren't training their main lifts, they are training accessory exercises to help them aid in their main lifts.

There isn't much of a difference really.

I will try with an analogy.

Take a world class sprinter and compare him to an elite football player, say a wide receiver.

Now both of them are highly fast at running, but one trains 100 percent soley on speed(sprinter), while the wide receiver, needs to focus on catching a football, agility drills, blocking, tackling, etc.

Best analogy i could do.

Stick to low reps for compounds 3-5 reps. For isolation exercises 8-12, u will be fine

ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ameribrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Take a world class sprinter and compare him to an elite football player, say a wide receiver.

Now both of them are highly fast at running, but one trains 100 percent soley on speed(sprinter), while the wide receiver, needs to focus on catching a football, agility drills, blocking, tackling, etc.
    i always wondered what if olympians were wide receivers

brb aries merritt 12.80 110 meters
    brb usain bolt 9.63 100 meters
    brb 90 yard pass

or strongmen or sumos were on the defensive line

brb

Last edited by ameribrah; 12-05-2012 at 08:38 AM.

it's a 1v1 duel, a brutal chess match with nowhere to hide that requires extensive training, where the ultimate stakes are not scoring more points or pride but preserving the well-being of your body. The penalty for being unfocused or outclassed is not merely getting benched for the next game or not getting your contract renewed, it can be the annihilation of your physical manifestion.

jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmlenz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well that's a terrible before pic, cant tell much from that. Nice after though. Good mass - looks like you had a successful bulk. I say you cut down a bit and getting rid of that lower ab fudge from your bulk.

Originally Posted by jmlenz View Post
    Well that's a terrible before pic, cant tell much from that. Nice after though. Good mass - looks like you had a successful bulk. I say you cut down a bit and getting rid of that lower ab fudge from your bulk.
    That is the only before picture i could find at all. The only one. So ya, you can see i had absolutely no size on my shoulders, chest, arms, or anything else.

Ya i am cutting once i reach 205-210lbs. So close. Weighed in close to 196lbs. Just 9 more lbs to go. Doing it slowly though 1lb a week. Should reach my goal weight by february or march. Then do a nice 3-4 month cut and get absolultey shredded.

i always wondered what if olympians were wide receivers

brb aries merritt 12.80 110 meters
    brb usain bolt 9.63 100 meters
    brb 90 yard pass

or strongmen or sumos were on the defensive line

brb

Ya its kind of like the same thing. Sumo wrestler and football lineman. Both are absolultey gigantic. Both push people. Both different in their ways though.

Also another strongman that is an absolute phucking tank is brian shaw

Brian shaw is 6'8 460lbs. Guy is an absolute monster

guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) guild11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pretty impressive :0

Originally Posted by guild11 View Post
    pretty impressive :0
    thx man

Ya its kind of like the same thing. Sumo wrestler and football lineman. Both are absolultey gigantic. Both push people. Both different in their ways though.

Also another strongman that is an absolute phucking tank is brian shaw

Brian shaw is 6'8 460lbs. Guy is an absolute monster
    ya lol thats him in the pic. chitty pic tho. better pic is him and his gf. his gf is like 5'6 lol you can really see the height difference.

ya lol thats him in the pic. chitty pic tho. better pic is him and his gf. his gf is like 5'6 lol you can really see the height difference.
    i figured that was him didn't know for sure though.

Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Take_A_Puff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    damn you can deff see the 4 inches on the arms lol, awesome transformation
    I hate when people squat in the curl rack ;)

Originally Posted by Take_A_Puff View Post
    damn you can deff see the 4 inches on the arms lol, awesome transformation
    thx man appreciate it

thx again guys

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast