Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Things are still going well! I've been slacking off on really keeping track of my daily diet/macros, but I'm cutting myself some slack for now. I'm still making good choices when it comes to what I eat. Once I move next week and can get settled into our new house, I'll be able to keep track better (and stop eating out for almost every meal - haha).

Last night I went out with friends to a restaurant with the most amazing mac and cheese. But, I had no problem getting the cobb salad. It was soooooooo good! I was totally satisfied. I've been doing this for almost 3 months now, and I'm still constantly amazed at how easy it's been for me to make the right choices. When I've cut calories before, even when I made good food decisions, it was agonizing. I'd eat my "healthy" food, but just lament the fact that I wasn't eating what I really wanted.

Why didn't I find keto years ago?!
    Start Weight: 250.0lbs (1/9/12), Current Weight: 219.0lbs, Goal Weight: 150lbs

My Journey: Truth, Justice, and The Keto Way: One chick's journey towards becoming a Superwoman
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141289711

MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoxyPowers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today = 225.8lbs. A small loss (.8lbs), but any loss is a good loss in my book!!! As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been slacking off on really keeping track and I'm sure I'm going over my calories some. I can't wait to move this week and really get back on track. But it's just so cool that even though I'm not being so strict about how much I eat right at this moment, I still managed to lose weight. WOOHOO! Does keto need a spokesmodel? Because I'm all over it. ;-)

Started my carb-up tonight with some AWESOME sushi. I am soooooo stuffed, but man, it was delicious!

I got some fantastic news at work this week. Although it's not technically official yet, I should be stepping into a new position in a few weeks. It's a lateral move, so my pay, etc will stay the same, but my responsibilities and freedom to make some big ideas into reality will change. I am pumped!! I've been stuck in a position that I didn't actually want (long story) for about a year and a half and it's been stifling. I've always prided myself on being able to leave work issues in the office, but in the last few months, I was coming home angry about something or another almost every day. Not cool. On Monday, this other position was abruptly vacated and I jumped right in and asked for it. I am really proud of myself.

So, coming up in the next week/month: moving into my first house, a better position at work, and a temporary pay bump while I teach a few classes this semester. Life is good. Good, indeed.

My Journey: Truth, Justice, and The Keto Way: One chick's journey towards becoming a Superwoman

tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    congrats on your step up @ work must feel good! You've gotta lotta changes on your plate, how are you holding up?

Originally Posted by tresjjjolie View Post
    congrats on your step up @ work must feel good! You've gotta lotta changes on your plate, how are you holding up?
    Thanks! I'm hanging in there!

I've been away for a while as I moved into my new house. WOOT!!! I can't tell you how excited . . . and exhausted I am. Still weighed in on Friday at 224.8, so I lost another pound and have officially lost over 25lbs. And then the weekend happened. My carb-up lasted for about 3 days. It's really the first time I've gotten out of control on Keto. I'm a little frustrated with myself, but moving on. Hell, I'm working 50 hours a week and I moved, it's no wonder I fell off the wagon for a few days. The important thing is to get right back to it!

I can FINALLY stock my new kitchen, so the goal for this week is to make a keto-fabulous grocery list. Better go refresh myself in the keto recipe forum . . .

Today I'm 223.8lbs which is another 1lb loss. Yeah!!! I've lost over 10% of my body weight . . . the health benefits I'm reaping are just staggering (even though they aren't the kind I can necessarily feel, like lowering my risk for cancer and heart disease). Just think of what I can do, now that I have a dedicated space for working out and a neighborhood I can go running and biking in. I am just on top of the world!

I realized that I forgot to take "before" pictures. I'd better get on that right away. It can be such a help to see the difference. Since I look at myself in the mirror every day, sometimes I don't notice as much as I would like.

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow, congrats on your house and job change, that's very exciting !!!

Yes, moving is a hetic thing even when dieting. So, just do your best with what you have and everything will work out. Bet you can't wait to cook your first keto meal in the house huh ?
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

Originally Posted by Boochie21 View Post
    Bet you can't wait to cook your first keto meal in the house huh ?
    Like you wouldn't believe - haha! To be honest, I hate to cook, but eating out constantly is dragging me down. I need some home cooked goodness. I need to comb through the Keto recipes forum . . .

Dear Future Me,

Next Easter, keep in mind that your body isn't so used to sugar anymore and if you go crazy on the chocolate candy (even though it is delivious), you will feel like crap the next day, just like you did this year.

Sincerely,
    Me
    P.S. ONE chocolate cream egg is totally worth it though. ;-)

exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MoxyPowers View Post
    Dear Future Me,

Next Easter, keep in mind that your body isn't so used to sugar anymore and if you go crazy on the chocolate candy (even though it is delivious), you will feel like crap the next day, just like you did this year.

Sincerely,
    Me
    I hear that. I had kit kats, whoppers and sugar cookies. I don't care how much weight I lose those will always taste delicious lol.
    GOAL is to be the best I have ever been in my life. Lose Fat Gain Muscle!.

--------------------
    1/9/12 209
    4/13/12 179
    4/27/12 172
    6/2/12 160
    Follow my current Transformation!! or let me know about yours

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142832321 - First Log Finished!!

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MoxyPowers View Post
    Dear Future Me,

Sincerely,
    Me
    Hahah - Cute. Sugar does make you feel awful the next day - It's like a hangover ! I had some girlscouts cookies on easter and I felt like I was in a dream. Everything moved slowly and my eyeballs were trying to stay glued shut.

It's only worth it for .24 seconds then its "why did I do that ?!"
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

Originally Posted by exwhyzee View Post
    I hear that. I had kit kats, whoppers and sugar cookies. I don't care how much weight I lose those will always taste delicious lol.
    Originally Posted by Boochie21 View Post
    Hahah - Cute. Sugar does make you feel awful the next day - It's like a hangover ! I had some girlscouts cookies on easter and I felt like I was in a dream. Everything moved slowly and my eyeballs were trying to stay glued shut.

It's only worth it for .24 seconds then its "why did I do that ?!"

Sugar is so freaking addicting! Luckily, up until just recently, I've been pretty good about moving on from my slip ups.

And now for some shocking news: I've finally found some frustration and ecverything isn't all sunshine and roses in my keto world. It had to happen eventually, right? I couldn't have a log without some tribulation, now could I? I've mentioned that I haven't been as diligent since I've been working so much and moving. Then, last Thursday through the weekend I had to travel for work I didn't get to weigh in (because I was NOT hauling my scale through airport security - haha) and for breakfast and lunch, I was at the mercy of what the conference people provided me for a meal. Lunches were fine. Breakfast? ALL CARBS. Muffins and Bread. I needed to eat something or I would not have made it to lunch without being a real b*tch of a person, so I just had one mini muffin SLATHERED in butter. Not the complete end of the world, right? Except . . .

The carb cravings have come back with FULL FORCE. I can't get my mind off of sugar and bread. Yikes!! I know I'll get past this as I get back on the wagon, but I'm having a hard time being as positive as usual. I should go buy more bacon. Bacon makes everything better.

Despite all of this, I still managed to be down a pound when I weigh in on Saturday and this morning I had a non-scale victory. I was getting dressed for work and noticed that my pants felt pretty loose. So I thought I'd try on some pants that have been too small for me. They FIT!!!! And I'm wearing them right now!

Wow! I haven't posted in 10 days!! I need to be more diligent. Luckily the classes I'm teaching are almost done for teh summer and I will go back to a normal(ish) schedule.

I'm continuing to do well and lose weight on Keto. Still slacking a bit since moving, but I'm going to the grocery store today to stock up on essentials. And . . . we bought a grill!! I haven't owned one in years and I am so pumped about all of the delicious meat I'll be cooking on that thing!

I haven't been journaling much about my exercise . . . because I haven't done much. So, that is my next goal: start seriously lifting again and follow derby-friendly workouts (not only strong muscles, but strong balance to take and dish out the hits).

People at work are really starting to comment about ym weight loss, which provides me with even more motivation. Sometimes, despite my great experience so far, I get down on just how much farther I have to get to a healthy body fat/weight. I know once I'm lifting seriously, the process will speed up a bit. Right now I'm embarrassed at just how much strength I've lost. Yikes!

So, I continue to push on.

I think I may get out of the 220s tomorrow when I weigh in. I'm giddy about it. :-)

I weighed myself today . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

219.0lbs!!!! I'm out of the 220's. I have officially lost 31lbs and 12.5% of my body weight!!

Next week is finals week and then I can go back to a normal schedule as I won't be teaching extra classes over the summer. And I got awarded at a work dinner last night - WOO!!! I was a little concerned about eating Keto at the event, but when they brought out the medium rare filet mignon that I ordered and I saw it was the SIZE OF MY HEAD, I knew I'd be okay - haha! And the plaque they gave me is gorgeous! It was a particularly awesome meeting because attendees were told in advance that we needed to dress in business attire. I don't have to dress that way day to day, so I dont' have a whole lot of options at home. I went in the closet and saw a gorgeous jacket I'd bought last year even though it totally didn't fit because it was on clearance. I just knew it would still be too small, but I decided to try it on, just to see how much more I'd need to lose. Well, IT FIT!!!! I got so many compliments on it and I felt like a million bucks.

Yes ma'am, things are good.

tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50) tresjjjolie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    reading this post made me feel so good (sans the finals part, I have the same exact week except you are on The Other Side) hahaha - CONGRATS!!!! talk about the sweet feeling of success all in one night. Lol I would have seen that steak and smiled like "yup- everythings going my way" lol

round of applause