Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tombro View Post
    the rickshaw he makes for 200 looks like the exact same one they sell at elite for 750
    That's not quite true...it looks like the EFS "econo rickshaw", but the pro 750 dollar rickshaw has adjustable height (to set for deadlifts/farmer's walks/shrugs) and three sets of handles with different grip diameters. It's an expensive, but incredibly cool piece. Nice thing to get if your gym is already well stocked and you're fishing for accessory pieces. Rick's rickshaw looks more like the Sorinex shrugger. My feeling about whether Sorinex or EFS makes better gear varies based on which piece we're talking about; I think the EFS 45 hyper and pro rickshaw are phenomenal.

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post

This bar...

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Those are the prettiest Olympic (45lb?) plates I've ever seen in OP.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    really pissed i could not pick it up at rouge for free shipping but i ending up ordering one today with tax and shipping = pissed but i wanted one

i also ordered a set of bands and a couple of sets of their hg collars which look to be the same as the lockjaw pros.

with tax and shipping it was still less then the price from sorinex direct

now i really need to get some more 45's

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    really pissed i could not pick it up at rouge for free shipping but i ending up ordering one today with tax and shipping = pissed but i wanted one

i also ordered a set of bands and a couple of sets of their hg collars which look to be the same as the lockjaw pros.

with tax and shipping it was still less then the price from sorinex direct

now i really need to get some more 45's
    Nice grabs dude, I just received my 2nd pair of hg collars a couple days ago. They are just too easy and convenient to not use for anything where the bar stays horizontal. I even have ivanko compression collars but I don't think I've used them since I got my first hg's last year.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Nice grabs dude, I just received my 2nd pair of hg collars a couple days ago. They are just too easy and convenient to not use for anything where the bar stays horizontal. I even have ivanko compression collars but I don't think I've used them since I got my first hg's last year.
    good to know

i have seen some good reviews on the clamps and i need some

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RBLOCK View Post
    That's not quite true...it looks like the EFS "econo rickshaw", but the pro 750 dollar rickshaw has adjustable height (to set for deadlifts/farmer's walks/shrugs) and three sets of handles with different grip diameters. It's an expensive, but incredibly cool piece. Nice thing to get if your gym is already well stocked and you're fishing for accessory pieces. Rick's rickshaw looks more like the Sorinex shrugger. My feeling about whether Sorinex or EFS makes better gear varies based on which piece we're talking about; I think the EFS 45 hyper and pro rickshaw are phenomenal.
    I took picture of my rickshaw pro in the cost no object thread. It has two sets of handles, but you wouldn't need three choices anyway. I am not good at having to make sacrifices, so I got the Sorinex diamond bar and the pro Rickshaw... they both have merits... But that rickshaw ro is ULTRA convenient. Walk right over and just do shrugs... leave some 45's on it since it is a dedicated piece... and the legs keep it in perfect position from the ground (adjustable). Its awesome...

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whats the diff between lockjaw pros and HG collars? Are these the best collars? I'm actually in need of something besides the typical spring clips

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Whats the diff between lockjaw pros and HG collars? Are these the best collars? I'm actually in need of something besides the typical spring clips
    this is OT, but i think most people would go with the ivanko compression collars if they could choose any...
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Originally Posted by keeko View Post
    this is OT, but i think most people would go with the ivanko compression collars if they could choose any...
    really? i could have just picked up any. pretty sure the rogue hg's are the same as the lockjaw pros which got great reviews here. i thought about the ivanko's but i just have no interest in turning anything.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know theres a couple different types of lockjaws and one type has a locking pin, the hg's don't have a pin they just clamp shut.

I own Ivanko compression collars and they are beasts, but they add weight to the bar (5lbs) and they aren't as quick to operate so I still found myself using spring collars alot. I bought my first pair of hg's to replace the spring collars because they were getting a little loose around the bar. The hg's are just as fasg and efficient as the springs and they hold way better with zero wear put on your bar. So for anything with a horizontal barbell I use the lockjaws, they're pretty awesome.

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I want one now! I thought it was smaller inside than the cap until you posted the pic of them both. Way Nice! How long are the sleeves? I have maxed out my cap bar and want one with longer sleeves.
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Rickshaw isn't a "bar" necessarily, but more like a device. It can be used for shrugs, squats, and farmers walks. It a nice piece, but not sure if its exactly as versatile as a rackable shrug bar. I understand what tombro might be trying to say, but lots of ways to think about this.

I was thinking about getting this one:

Its made by the guy that made my GHR and he's going to sell it to me for $200. I'm looking to have another device in my arsenal for outside workouts and I think it will be good to implement the moves I said it will do in a circuit routine outside.

But now that I think about the rackable trap bar, I am considering getting it and just putting my other trap bar in the garage for the purpose I stated. It will do everything the rickshaw will and will probably take up less room in the garage.
    Only benefit I see with the open design would be for safety doing farmers walks. I think you could get farmers walk handles for better than that. I could be wrong on the use though.
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know theres a couple different types of lockjaws and one type has a locking pin, the hg's don't have a pin they just clamp shut.

I own Ivanko compression collars and they are beasts, but they add weight to the bar (5lbs) and they aren't as quick to operate so I still found myself using spring collars alot. I bought my first pair of hg's to replace the spring collars because they were getting a little loose around the bar. The hg's are just as fasg and efficient as the springs and they hold way better with zero wear put on your bar. So for anything with a horizontal barbell I use the lockjaws, they're pretty awesome.
    I actually just got 2 pairs of lockjaws (regular, not pro), and love the design. as far as i understand, however, the ivankos can't be beat in terms of sheer strength...
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

I actually just got 2 pairs of lockjaws (regular, not pro), and love the design. as far as i understand, however, the ivankos can't be beat in terms of sheer strength...
    Yep I agree with all of that, you can't beat the hold of the compression ivanko's, but for when the bar is horizontal I just never need that much hold, so the quickness of the lockjaws is what I prefer in those instances, plus the lockjaws add virtually no weight so I can just use plate weight if that makes sense, instead of adding 5lbs with the ivanko's.

Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    I want one now! I thought it was smaller inside than the cap until you posted the pic of them both. Way Nice! How long are the sleeves? I have maxed out my cap bar and want one with longer sleeves.
    The sleeves are a bit longer, my cap sleeves measure at about 13" each, the sorinex about 15 3/4" each.

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

i can believe they hold better but i have seens vids with hundreds of lbs. held vertical with no issues on the lockjaws. So it is more then i need

i just got back from picking up my hg's and they have the locking clip (it is read vs. the black collars)

i can believe they hold better but i have seens vids with hundreds of lbs. held vertical with no issues on the lockjaws. So it is more then i need

i just got back from picking up my hg's and they have the locking clip (it is read vs. the black collars)
    hmm, well I guess mine are different, I have 2 pairs of these:

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-hg-collars.php

they just clamp shut, no pin.

this is the type I was talking about that has a pin to lock it:

http://www.getstrength.com/Olympic-C...ypage.tpl.html

I couldn't even find them on the lockjaw website so maybe they don't make them anymore?

Home gym pics:

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've considered picking up a pair of the rogue collars -I'm using some muscle clamps now- which are okay but the rogues seem much nicer. My diamond bar will be delivered tuesday- can't wait!

hmm, well I guess mine are different, I have 2 pairs of these:

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-hg-collars.php

they just clamp shut, no pin.
    those are the exact same as the ones i got. you have to press the red piece to open then - this is the 'pro' they have one that just flips open and shut without the red piece but i heard they flop open to easy once they get a lot of use

look no red piece to lock them shut

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    I've considered picking up a pair of the rogue collars -I'm using some muscle clamps now- which are okay but the rogues seem much nicer. My diamond bar will be delivered tuesday- can't wait!
    i think i am going to like the collars a lot but like i said i just got them so we will see

i can't wait for my bar - no shipping info yet.

i was looking for the video that tested a few different clamps but i could not find it the lockjaws did great the muscle clamps not so much.

what are you planning to use the bar for? I really want to dead lift with it and press - don't even care so much about traps

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    Nice! I think you'll like it man. I've never used muscle clamps but I like my rogue hg's alot.

those are the exact same as the ones i got. you have to press the red piece to open then - this is the 'pro' they have one that just flips open and shut without the red piece but i heard they flop open to easy once they get a lot of use

look no red piece to lock them shut
    Yeah I've seen the normal ones, I like the lever on the pro's alot better and it's still incredibly fast and easy to use, I really don't think you'd ever save noticeable time not having the red lever, but you gain 'clampage' lol. I just thought you were talking about the other style that had the actual pin through it to help it stay shut that I linked above.

Home gym pics:

I ordered these a coule days ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-Jaw-Locki...6695154&sr=8-1

For bumpers only?? What about for regular plates/use?

Ummm... Does Rogue just buy them from the Lockjaw Company? The HG look like the Lockjaw Pro...
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 05-29-2011 at 12:05 PM.

You guys taking about these Ivankos?

http://www.amazon.com/2-5-Chromed-Co...6696284&sr=1-3

Anyone know anything about these?

http://store.sorinex.com/ProductDeta...C%2D1&CartID=1

http://www.power-lift.com/freeweight...ngpowerbar.htm

•Lock Jaw: With or without Pin Design

DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DGreekStallion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good stuff, my gym has the normal trap bar with raised handles, I'd be interested in this one, or the Gerard trap bar, which I haven't heard much abooot.
    "Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom!"

I ordered these a coule days ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-Jaw-Locki...6695154&sr=8-1

For bumpers only?? What about for regular plates/use?

Ummm... Does Rogue just buy them from the Lockjaw Company? The HG look like the Lockjaw Pro...
    i assume rogue just buys them in bulk from lockjaw with their name on them

i almost forgot the kid at the counter of rogue said they are great collars

http://www.power-lift.com/freeweight...ngpowerbar.htm

•Lock Jaw: With or without Pin Design

i have only seen pics of the ones with pins. never a review or for sale - i still think i like the ones i got them most - fast, quick and easy with the lock tab

and i do not own a single bumper plate

i assume rogue just buys them in bulk from lockjaw with their name on them

i almost forgot the kid at the counter of rogue said they are great collars

i have only seen pics of the ones with pins. never a review or for sale - i still think i like the ones i got them most - fast, quick and easy with the lock tab

and i do not own a single bumper plate
    Yeah I don't own bumpers either, they work fine for any type of plate on an olympic bar I'd assume.

@ healthnut, these are the ivanko compression collars I was talking about:

http://www.ironcompany.com/ivankooly...eringpair.aspx

They take longer than the lockjaws to put on so I don't use them much anymore, but if you need a pair of collars that will stay on no matter what the weight of the plates is or the angle of the bar is than those are probably among the best collars you can buy, and like the lockjaws they won't damage a bar. But like I said, the downside is they add like 5lbs to whatever you're lifting (they're heavy), and they take a little longer to take on and off but it's not too bad. I just don't do any lifts right now where I need anything more than the lockjaws so I use them by far the most.

Home gym pics:

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah I don't own bumpers either, they work fine for any type of plate on an olympic bar I'd assume.

@ healthnut, these are the ivanko compression collars I was talking about:

http://www.ironcompany.com/ivankooly...eringpair.aspx

They take longer than the lockjaws to put on so I don't use them much anymore, but if you need a pair of collars that will stay on no matter what the weight of the plates is or the angle of the bar is than those are probably among the best collars you can buy, and like the lockjaws they won't damage a bar. But like I said, the downside is they add like 5lbs to whatever you're lifting (they're heavy), and they take a little longer to take on and off but it's not too bad. I just don't do any lifts right now where I need anything more than the lockjaws so I use them by far the most.
    I'm often surprised when I see someone say these collars take longer to put on/take off. I only have to turn 1/4-1/2 way to loosen or tighten and then slide them on the bar. It takes absolutely no longer than the Lock Jaws.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    I'm often surprised when I see someone say these collars take longer to put on/take off. I only have to turn 1/4-1/2 way to loosen or tighten and then slide them on the bar. It takes absolutely no longer than the Lock Jaws.
    We'll just have to disagree then, I own both, I think both are great products, but I think the lockjaws are faster so I use them alot of the time. I'm in no way saying the ivanko compression's are slow or not good quality, they are both fast and super good quality, but when I don't need the extra hold they offer I use the lockjaws due to the reasons I stated above.

Home gym pics: