Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    People who are saying "it's just a matter of luck" are the ones who have given up on their dreams already. Sad to see so many cynics at a young age.

dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by flynn125 View Post
    Not as successful as he is today...

His muscles got him where he is today, mr olympia, all his movie roles, which led him on to be governor of CA.

You can be as driven as you want but genetics/luck come down to it.

Think of all the NFL wannabes out there, they are limited by genetic capability and a bit of luck on getting noticed. You can only do so much before it comes down to right place, right time.
    Because all governor's had big muscles, right? lol.

He could have created and started a huge, successful business. Maybe have been a top tier soccer player, chess player, medical doctor, singer, scientist, hollywood agent, etc. etc. etc. Maybe a career politician. He would have found some level of success no matter what his circumstances where.

SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Norwegian_Oak View Post
    People who are saying "it's just a matter of luck" are the ones who have given up on their dreams already. Sad to see so many cynics at a young age.
    My dreams are to fly in a super hi-tech spaceship around the universe (srs), is that ever going to happen?

brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Having a dream/goal, and believing 100% that they'll achieve it. It's that simple really.
    Luck has nothing to do with it.

Also, stop wasting your time with unnecessary tasks. Tasks that are just taking up your time, but not getting you where you need to go. Either cut them out completely, or give them to someone else to take care of. Start delegating your life responsibilities to clear up your schedule to furthering your career, live like a boss. People jam up their schedule with millions of little meaningless tasks and consider themselves a hard worker. Consider their day well spent because they were busy. What I'm saying is work smart, not harder. Also start looking for ways that will allow you to collect a paycheck without going to work. Have money work for you, coming in from all directions. This will free you up to concentrate on furthering your career, without having to punch a clock everyday.

People who don't achieve are just limited in their thinking. That's all.
    It's easier to get the single 10 at the bar, than one of the five 8s.

Healthy mind. Healthy body.

NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100) NickM1985 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Actually the real answer is: Having a father that thinks you are a failure and beats you.

flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flynn125 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dietingsucks View Post
    Because all governor's had big muscles, right? lol.

He could have created and started a huge, successful business. Maybe have been a top tier soccer player, chess player, medical doctor, singer, scientist, hollywood agent, etc. etc. etc. Maybe a career politician. He would have found some level of success no matter what his circumstances where.
    I wasn't directly relating his muscles to him being governor.

His muscles granted him fame, fame which gave him a clsoe relationship with citizens of CA, which helped in him becoming governor.

Whether he would have been academically intelligent enough to start his own businesses up is anyones guess.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) dietingsucks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SELCOUTH View Post
    My dreams are to fly in a super hi-tech spaceship around the universe (srs), is that ever going to happen?
    No, but you became a successful misc. troll. With 7,000+ posts, that took a lot of hard work. It did not just come to you.

A good excuse some of the people in this thread are using are saying Arnold could not have been successful at X without drugs/genetics/luck.

Sure. There can only be one Michael Jordan, one Mr. Olympia, etc.

But can you say that about every successful endeavor in life? Do you need top genetics/luck to become a good business owner, salesman, violin player, etc. etc. Everyone who started from nothing and became successful has one thing in common. Hard work. A lot in this thread are isolating examples that could not be done without X quality as justification for not working hard.

If you put in the work, you'll be a lot better off than you were before, barring you doing something really risky and stupid that risks your health. That is a fact.

It's like saying you're not even going to bother to work out, lift heavy, and have a great diet because you won't look like Ronnie Coleman. Absolutely retarded logic.

SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, but you became a successful misc. troll. With 7,000+ posts, that took a lot of hard work. It did not just come to you.

A good excuse some of the people in this thread are using are saying Arnold could not have been successful at X without drugs/genetics/luck.

Sure. There can only be one Michael Jordan, one Mr. Olympia, etc.

But can you say that about every successful endeavor in life? Do you need top genetics/luck to become a good business owner, salesman, violin player, etc. etc. Everyone who started from nothing and became successful has one thing in common. Hard work. A lot in this thread are isolating examples that could not be done without X quality as justification for not working hard.

If you put in the work, you'll be a lot better off than you were before, barring you doing something really risky and stupid that risks your health. That is a fact.

It's like saying you're not even going to bother to work out, lift heavy, and have a great diet because you won't look like Ronnie Coleman. Absolutely retarded logic.
    Look at a show like pop idiol for instance, there are people who apply every year and dont get past the first judging stages because they cant sing for shit yet they keep coming back year after year and still get told the same thing everytime, these people are det set on their goals in life in wanting to become a famous singer. Are you telling me if these people keep trying they will become succsessful pop stars? lol

Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Norwegian_Oak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No, because you've already made up your mind that it's impossible, and thus you are not willing to spend the next 20-30 of your life turning your dream into reality.

If you're looking for inspiration, then may I suggest a trip with Virgin Atlantic.

http://www.virgingalactic.com/

bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    also another reason could be it takes money to make money. id like to go to college but cannot afford it. i was able to get a grant and financial aid to help me. also id like to make a website to sell stuff, but it requires money to start it etc. right now im helping to pay the bills at home and my bank account sucks right now. if u come from a decent home with decent money it could be easier to follow your dreams just saying. if i wanted to i could work 2 jobs(which i might start doing) but that will mean me breaking my ass doing so for a while.
    Check out my website http://www.yogavidz.com/
    Click some ads help a bro out and get reps.

The Above Statement Was Definitely A Cool Story, Bro
    **NJ Crew 908**
    Forever Calzone
    ☆☆☆υsa ¢яєω☆☆☆

Look at a show like pop idiol for instance, there are people who apply every year and dont get past the first judging stages cause they cant sing for shit yet they keep coming back year after year and still get told the same thing everytime. Are you telling me if these people keep trying they will become succsessful pop stars? lol
    If they can't sing for ****, they clearly did not put in the work and practice. Those guys, like you, are trolling American Idol.

If for some rare reason, they actually put in a **** ton of hard work, practice, etc. and still can't sing for ****, they can apply that work ethic into another area of life and have some success.

Have you worked out before? You should try it. You may not become a competitive natural bodybuilder, but you'll definitely improve your physique beyond what it is now.

Hard work, determination, etc. etc. yields something of value. If you failed at one endeavor, you can apply those life lessons into something else.

What's the alternative? Sit at home, leech off the welfare system, and do nothing with your life? How could you possibly come out better off by not trying?

It's why topics like this are pointless, at best. It doesn't matter what X person took to get to X success level. Completely irrelevant to your own journey.

Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Zaylex View Post
    If he was born physically deformed he would have just found another way to become successful anyway.

These people make it in life because they have goals and are driven.
    Come back to the thread when you understand what the word luck actually means.
    ∫ іяс сязш ∫

Originally Posted by brah_of_iron View Post
    People jam up their schedule with millions of little meaningless tasks and consider themselves a hard worker. Consider their day well spent because they were busy.
    This. Thanks for the reminder. I'm getting off misc and going to do something to improve my life, rather than sit around and speculate why I can't succeed because I don't have X attribute. BRB.

Originally Posted by bigpoppaapp View Post
    also another reason could be it takes money to make money. id like to go to college but cannot afford it. i was able to get a grant and financial aid to help me. also id like to make a website to sell stuff, but it requires money to start it etc. right now im helping to pay the bills at home and my bank account sucks right now. if u come from a decent home with decent money it could be easier to follow your dreams just saying. if i wanted to i could work 2 jobs(which i might start doing) but that will mean me breaking my ass doing so for a while.
    Just out of curiousity, how do you spend your average day ?

Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    -snip-.
    This thread is about people like Arnie, not the slightly-above average person. In 2 years I will be launching my own business, but I will never be as successful as someone like Arnie. Regeardless of how hard I try.
    ∫ іяс сязш ∫

sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sox23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Look at a show like pop idiol for instance, there are people who apply every year and dont get past the first judging stages because they cant sing for shit yet they keep coming back year after year and still get told the same thing everytime, these people are det set on their goals in life in wanting to become a famous singer. Are you telling me if these people keep trying they will become succsessful pop stars? lol
    no thats just called being retarded. the original topic was about how people like Arnold became successful not about how all dreams can come true with hard work. just because some of those contestants fail at singing doesn't mean they don't have other talents they can utilize to become successful.

Originally Posted by sox23 View Post
    no thats just called being retarded. the original topic was about how people like Arnold became successful not about how all dreams can come true with hard work. just because some of those contestants fail at singing doesn't mean they don't have other talents they can utilize to become successful.
    Some people don't have ANY talents though, some people are just born STUPID, that is the luck factor in life.
    ∫ іяс сязш ∫

If they can't sing for ****, they clearly did not put in the work and practice. Those guys, like you, are trolling American Idol.

If for some rare reason, they actually put in a **** ton of hard work, practice, etc. and still can't sing for ****, they can apply that work ethic into another area of life and have some success.

Have you worked out before? You should try it. You may not become a competitive natural bodybuilder, but you'll definitely improve your physique beyond what it is now.

Hard work, determination, etc. etc. yields something of value. If you failed at one endeavor, you can apply those life lessons into something else.

What's the alternative? Sit at home, leech off the welfare system, and do nothing with your life? How could you possibly come out better off by not trying?

It's why topics like this are pointless, at best. It doesn't matter what X person took to get to X success level. Completely irrelevant to your own journey.
    I like how every post you felt the need to put me down, shows deep down you know your beliefs are bullshit.

Originally Posted by Jayce_ View Post
    Come back to the thread when you understand what the word luck actually means.
    Don't you think that Arnold went through tons of failure and rejections before catching a break? Look at all the crappy movies he made. Don't think he got tons of ridicule for that? Or his hilarious accent and too long weird last name, which was much more odd in the 70s when the country was a lot more homogeneous.

bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000) bigpoppaapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just out of curiousity, how do you spend your average day ?
    well this summer i worked 7 days a week with a job that sucked really bad. with my new job i work 4-midnight. so mornings i workout at the gym. and my 2 days off i take care of chores or things i need to such as applyin for college and whatever. soon ill be pullin part time construction work

**NJ Crew 908**
    Forever Calzone
    ☆☆☆υsa ¢яєω☆☆☆

I like how every post you felt the need to put me down, shows deep down you know your beliefs are bullshit.
    You have nearly 8,000 posts at age 22. A prime period in your life. Don't you think you could have substituted the time it took to make all those posts with an endeavor that could have left you more successful in life?

BRB, practicing what I preach.

Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ronniecoleman21 View Post
    Persistence and Delusion
    You're on the right track, but more accurately Delusion and pathological persistence/at any cost mindset..

Madonna is another of this ilk.

You have nearly 8,000 posts at age 22. A prime period in your life. Don't you think you could have substituted the time it took to make all those posts with an endeavor that could have left you more successful in life?

BRB, practicing what I preach.
    lol you are exactly like those religious nuts who attack anyone who questions their faith. If you were so confident about your beliefs you wouldnt feel the need to put others down and tell them that they're wrong because you would be so sure to the point of not caring what others think.

Originally Posted by bigpoppaapp View Post
    well this summer i worked 7 days a week with a job that sucked really bad. with my new job i work 4-midnight. so mornings i workout at the gym. and my 2 days off i take care of chores or things i need to such as applyin for college and whatever. soon ill be pullin part time construction work
    So in short:

01-09 Sleep
    09-11 Workout
    11-01 Stuff you have to take care of
    01-03 Post on misc ?
    04-12 Work

Spend an hour every day learning how to build a website, before the end of the month you'll be more than qualified to make a pretty decent one. Check out dreamweaver, plenty of tutorials available for free. Even if you don't have any money you shouldn't let that stop you, there are tons of ways to make money online that don't require you to pay anything to get started. If I'm not mistaken there's even a pretty large thread here in the misc about making money online, read it, learn, take action, profit. Good luck brah.

avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avobenzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good genetics + hard work + luck + being at the right place at the right time = massive success and greatness

So in short:

01-09 Sleep
    09-11 Workout
    11-01 Stuff you have to take care of
    01-03 Post on misc ?
    04-12 Work

Spend an hour every day learning how to build a website, before the end of the month you'll be more than qualified to make a pretty decent one. Check out dreamweaver, plenty of tutorials available for free. Even if you don't have any money you shouldn't let that stop you, there are tons of ways to make money online that don't require you to pay anything to get started. If I'm not mistaken there's even a pretty large thread here in the misc about making money online, read it, learn, take action, profit. Good luck brah.
    actually i was in the middle of opening up a online store which u need no skills in developing a site(premade format and amazon sells all the products) only problem is i need start up money which i havent been able to get any with switching my jobs going from low pay to higher pay job etc. once i start getting normal paychecks and second income i can start turning money into money. right now just barely paying my bills. suckss. but yea with my new found 2 days off a week itll give me alot more time to accomplish my goals. work 7 days a week sucked so bad(40 hours a week spread out in 7 days)

**NJ Crew 908**
    Forever Calzone
    ☆☆☆υsa ¢яєω☆☆☆

CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrazyLoop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    positive thinking and commitment, you gotta imagine where you want to get. Its the law of attraction, you can get whatever you want by just the way you think.

Originally Posted by CrazyLoop View Post
    positive thinking and commitment, you gotta imagine where you want to get. Its the law of attraction, you can get whatever you want by just the way you think.
    this is true. did carpentry for 6 years. wanted to get into law enforcement. had no experience or background in it. got a very low paying job with suckass hours and it was horrible. but i pushed my self for 4 months and was able to have something with security on my resume. networked at the mall i was working at and landed a job doing mall security. next step is to take the civil service test and become a corrections officer or police officer and finish college in the mean time. ill keep upgrading my job until i get it and keep pushin myself. but for now i love my job and getting shoplifters apprehended

**NJ Crew 908**
    Forever Calzone
    ☆☆☆υsa ¢яєω☆☆☆

Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Galaxian79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't forget that the timing that was involved during Arnold's evolution was something extremely and astoundingly rare. Almost miraculous, if u will. To have all variables point north for one individual's quantum leap transformation is beyond rare.

Btw, if anyone is thinking of doing something epic in your life you must cast out all the modern distractions in your life. Technology is ruining many from achieving greatness or their maximum potential.

If anyone needs anymore inspiration listen to the lyrics of "roll the bones" by Rush/Neil Peart. It applies very much to this very thread. Good luck.

pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you actually look back at Arnold in his glory days, he was a douche. Wou wana know what he did differently than you. 1. He roided since he was 15, no 'amazing genetics omg!!1!!!'. 2. He was in the right place at the right time (pumping iron). 3. He worked really hard.