Closed Thread
Page 3 of 330 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    nice. perfect for those high-rep supersets you crazy buckeyes have been doing. it would be awesome to have 2 racks, i'll keep that in mind for after i win the lottery and own a building in the 'hood.

We finished the tri-sets today....8 weeks of hell. We start the second phase on Monday and it incorporates just 2 exercise super-sets. You know you've been doing something when supers sound like a deload .
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    We finished the tri-sets today....8 weeks of hell. We start the second phase on Monday and it incorporates just 2 exercise super-sets. You know you've been doing something when supers sound like a deload .
    lol, sounds fun. i'm deadlifting tomorrow, adding "power shrugs" in this week. then i'll be benching sunday. unfortunately, i don't know if i'll be able to make it to bench with the team- my wife is working saturday and sunday like we were saying earlier, seems like it's all or nothing as far as work goes for us.

i'll have to see if i can get a buddy to come hang out for a while and give me lift offs on sunday, it makes it sooo much easier. as much as i'd like that, i'll probably be solo again.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hell i prefer to workout alone, not really sure why, but I can get more into it if im alone.

now dont get me wrong, i love working out with my wife, but if im doing heavy set, it is easier for me to do them alone.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    team usa vs. team canada for the gold- can't freakin' wait. the usa/finland game was pretty boring today after the 1st period, canada and slovakia was boring through the first 2 periods. 3rd period was awesome though. go usa!

Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    hell i prefer to workout alone, not really sure why, but I can get more into it if im alone.

now dont get me wrong, i love working out with my wife, but if im doing heavy set, it is easier for me to do them alone.
    i actually like it for the most part, but my bench is really awkward to unrack. i can honestly say that i'd be way stronger if i lifted with a pl team, though. if i wasn't on 2nd shift i'd try to lift with the team (i bench with on sundays) all the time.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess I'm confused as I've never had the prob. How is it awkward to unrack?

Not trying to harp on it or anything, just curious how it is hard to unrack.

Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    I guess I'm confused as I've never had the prob. How is it awkward to unrack?

Not trying to harp on it or anything, just curious how it is hard to unrack.
    because the way i set up to bench, my body ends up further down the bench pad than with my old setup. it isn't really a problem with close grip or any other pressing, just with regular flat benching.

basically, i lose my arch, my shoulder blades open up (aren't pulled back anymore), and my upper back loses the tightness. here's a video from my last bench workout at home.

ahhhh gotchas

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    team usa vs. team canada for the gold- can't freakin' wait. the usa/finland game was pretty boring today after the 1st period, canada and slovakia was boring through the first 2 periods. 3rd period was awesome though. go usa!
    Very true.

I was planning on going out to play basketball Sunday with some guys from church but I think I'll stay home just to see that game.

On another Olympic note, Curling looks like fun. There is a club and center near Detroit I might have to get over there and give it a shot one of these days.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    On another Olympic note, Curling looks like fun. There is a club and center near Detroit I might have to get over there and give it a shot one of these days.
    There was an article in the AZ Republic this week about curling. All the local clubs here have been packed all week with newbs wanting to learn to curl. The club rep said it happens every 4 years when the Olympics are on. After about 2 months, they all quit showing up.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Very true.

I was planning on going out to play basketball Sunday with some guys from church but I think I'll stay home just to see that game.

i was listening to 97.1 (sports talk radio) on my way home yesterday and one of the "hosts" was saying he could be an olympic-caliber athlete within 4 years in a few different sports/positions: curling, soccer or hockey goalie and something else. he had never played any of the sports he was talking about, so his partners were laughing at him. then the listeners started in. was quite funny to listen to.

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    There was an article in the AZ Republic this week about curling. All the local clubs here have been packed all week with newbs wanting to learn to curl. The club rep said it happens every 4 years when the Olympics are on. After about 2 months, they all quit showing up.
    i think curling looks really difficult. i'm surprised by how accurate those folks can be, although i know the people who scrub in front of the stone make a big difference. i'm not used to seeing the sport...so somehow the scrubbers make me think of 'cheating'.

still, its strangly hypnotic.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very true.

Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post

Ironically, I was supposed to go this morning. Last week a buddy of mine said there were a couple of guys going and told me to register. I was really busy last weekend, so I didn't get registered in time. I was going to go and see if they could fit me in, but I'm sick and don't really feel like it now. I'm still going to try to get into a class though, looks like another sport I can do while I'm bullsh@tting and drinking!

i was listening to 97.1 (sports talk radio) on my way home yesterday and one of the "hosts" was saying he could be an olympic-caliber athlete within 4 years in a few different sports/positions: curling, soccer or hockey goalie and something else. he had never played any of the sports he was talking about, so his partners were laughing at him. then the listeners started in. was quite funny to listen to.

Even for the curling that's a pretty bold statement.

Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    i think curling looks really difficult. i'm surprised by how accurate those folks can be, although i know the people who scrub in front of the stone make a big difference. i'm not used to seeing the sport...so somehow the scrubbers make me think of 'cheating'.

still, its strangly hypnotic.

When I was watching it I saw something the scrubbers were doing that looked like cheating too. Once the rock got passed a certain point in the house the scrubbers from the other team would go ahead and sweep it to try and get it out of the house. I didn't like that part, you could have a perfect throw and them bitches will go and screw it all up

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

my mom and stepdad are in hawaii waiting on a tsunami to come. just talked to her, they are on oahu, supposed to board their cruise ship later this afternoon.

she's gonna call me later today, the were eating breakfast and listening to the sirens when i called (forgot about the time difference).

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my mom and stepdad are in hawaii waiting on a tsunami to come. just talked to her, they are on oahu, supposed to board their cruise ship later this afternoon.

she's gonna call me later today, the were eating breakfast and listening to the sirens when i called (forgot about the time difference).
    that's scary bro, are they far enough away from the brunt of it?

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    that's scary bro, are they far enough away from the brunt of it?
    not really sure, they said they are probably going to be staying in the hotel, 27th floor?

she was like "picked a great time for our first trip to hawaii, didn't we?". i think they were drinking with breakfast- i probably would be too. go out having fun or just start the vacation drinkin' early, right?

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not really sure, they said they are probably going to be staying in the hotel, 27th floor?

she was like "picked a great time for our first trip to hawaii, didn't we?". i think they were drinking with breakfast- i probably would be too. go out having fun or just start the vacation drinkin' early, right?
    Looks like Hilo is taking the main hit, looks like that's a pretty good distance from Oahu and on a separate island. I would be drinking for sure, man. I hope for the best there, man nature is scary.

Looks like Hilo is taking the main hit, looks like that's a pretty good distance from Oahu and on a separate island. I would be drinking for sure, man. I hope for the best there, man nature is scary.
    yea, never know what's gonna happen.

i generally drink on vacation anyway, just usually after breakfast and coffee. now i wanna go somewhere...

Sorry Animal, hope everything works out. I'm wondering if it would be better to be up high like that? As long as the building took the hit, seems like it might be. But, since its easy to count the number of Sunami's I've lived through, what do I know?

For the record, I "drink" when I'm mowing the lawn (or more appropriately right now, shoveling snow). If I was on an island in the Pacific waiting for a sunami to hit........I would be consuming vast quantities of whatever mind altering substance I could get my hands on

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

yea, never know what's gonna happen.

i generally drink on vacation anyway, just usually after breakfast and coffee. now i wanna go somewhere...
    same here, man, same here

For the record, I "drink" when I'm mowing the lawn (or more appropriately right now, shoveling snow). If I was on an island in the Pacific waiting for a sunami to hit........I would be consuming vast quantities of whatever mind altering substance I could get my hands on
    I knew I liked you guys for some reason

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If any of you missed your daily e-mail blast from Elite they are having
    a sale on equip.This don't happen often!

They always have something on sale but never equip.
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

Sorry Animal, hope everything works out. I'm wondering if it would be better to be up high like that? As long as the building took the hit, seems like it might be. But, since its easy to count the number of Sunami's I've lived through, what do I know?

well, she didn't sound too worried, but maybe she was playing it off? my stepdad knows alot about weather stuff like that, he said it would be fine, too. but really, who knows? the hotel staff was telling everyone to be in their rooms at a certain time and that the hotel was built to take storms like these.

i like my beer, too, but on vacation- it's a whole 'nother story

well, she didn't sound too worried, but maybe she was playing it off? my stepdad knows alot about weather stuff like that, he said it would be fine, too. but really, who knows? the hotel staff was telling everyone to be in their rooms at a certain time and that the hotel was built to take storms like these.

i like my beer, too, but on vacation- it's a whole 'nother story
    haha, when I was on my honeymoon we were at one of those all inclusive places. There were a couple of days where I was like 'nope not drinking today' But then you go to breakfast and they hand you a mimosa (not something I normally drink, mind you!) as soon as you walk in, and its 'Okay what the hell'

haha, when I was on my honeymoon we were at one of those all inclusive places. There were a couple of days where I was like 'nope not drinking today' But then you go to breakfast and they hand you a mimosa (not something I normally drink, mind you!) as soon as you walk in, and its 'Okay what the hell'
    we went to cancun and were drunk the whole 9 days. pina colodas, tequila, dos equis all day long. swim up bar at 9am getting started. in jamaica it was rum cream and red stripes for the week.

we didn't go all inclusive to cancun, which sucked. i think our room tab cost at least as much as the actual cost of the room (it was a shocker, to say the least). all inclusive for jamaica, that was better- no surprises at check out that time.

we went to cancun and were drunk the whole 9 days. pina colodas, tequila, dos equis all day long. swim up bar at 9am getting started. in jamaica it was rum cream and red stripes for the week.

we didn't go all inclusive to cancun, which sucked. i think our room tab cost at least as much as the actual cost of the room (it was a shocker, to say the least). all inclusive for jamaica, that was better- no surprises at check out that time.
    yeah same thing for us, we were in Puerto Vallarta. Beer in the fridge restocked daily, liquor dispensor in the room, 24 hr open bars. 24 hr room service. oh man, now I wanna go on vacation.

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man. glute ham raises are no joke. My hamstrings are still sore from 2 nights ago

Originally Posted by blaze_itt View Post
    Man. glute ham raises are no joke. My hamstrings are still sore from 2 nights ago

I've been doing them for a bit over a year now....still hurt . You end up being able to do more reps, but they're still a bit like torture.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have never used a GHR.
    I have a nice ham curl bench.How much harder are they?
    Did you have any problems doing them when you started?
    What kind of reps are you doing?
    Can you compare them any other excercise?
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    I have never used a GHR.
    Very different from a ham curl, very much harder; most people can't do them unassisted initially.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    heres a video of my last set of squats its 1st set of 5 reps at 225

theres some talking in the background from other people in the living room.

and its kind of blurry and I couldnt frame my feet into the video.

edit: Also when I started coan/phillipi 10 weeks ago my max squat was 245, so my squat has increased a good amount. I guess my Hamstrings have never really had direct work so it really helped my squat.
    Last edited by JumpSmash; 02-27-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: coan stuff

Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    I have never used a GHR.

Like Essex said, much different than a ham curl. Its actually hard to explain and even harder to do. Here is a book that isn't too hard to finish quickly that will give you some background, you can also search Youtube for vids: http://www.biggerfasterstronger.com/...Ham%20Book.pdf

I had a lot of trouble when I first started and I've brought at least 4 people into my gym that were very humbled by the exercise. When I first started I actually used my lat pd, turned around backward with my knees on the seat and ankles under the knee pad, and leaned out to my FID. It was hard. I've had the York GHD in my gym for the last year and it was fine, I was regularly doing 3 sets of 10-12 with a 20lb vest on. Then I got the new one and it was like I had to start over. Its really weird, I don't know if the roller pads on the York made it different or what, but the new one I got is harder, much harder (might also have to do with the orientation of the pad and the tilt thats on the pad).

Yesterday I did 3 sets of 12 (bodyweight, no vest), but they were part of a triset and done as the last exercise in the triset (I did leg presses, seated rows, then the GHR's).

I'm not an exercise guru, so no, I can't compare it. It is just tough, tough, tough.....tough. You can do these ghetto like I said, and if you want to get a feel for them, I'd highly suggest it. I truly believe they're helping my overall strength though and I can definitely feel my hamstrings getting bigger and more developed.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Closed Thread