Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    RedHotSuzyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Leg Press

Ok, so I feel like a total wimp. I just started lifting. I did FocusT25 for 6mths. had great success and then did Insanity Max30. Unfortunately, In January, I found out I had a herniated disc in my lower back so I had to pretty much stop working out all together until recently. It was excruciating.
    My point to that is I'm in pretty good shape (cardio vascular at least) BUT I struggle with the leg press. I can only push 20lbs. and the next day or three my quads are so sore. Am I doing something wrong? I'm currently doing LiveFit 12wk. Trainer.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You were only at it for a short time, then had an injury. It's perfectly reasonable to be struggling. As long as you're challenging your muscles, and are consistently working towards your goals you'll get there. Assuming your diet, and sleep patterns are alright.

And for future reference please look at the date of the last post in a thread before posting. This one's a few years old. You could have made a new topic for this, and it'd probably get more attention that way.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Eava has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

That's intense!

Originally Posted by Femintensity View Post
    Heh. Funny, Musclemama ... I have the same screen name as you, in another forum.

My stats:
    Leg press: 720 pounds
    Deadlift: 230 pounds
    Squat: 225 pounds
    Bench press: 175 pounds
    Curls: 110 pounds

(Just my 2 cents.)

Keep pumpin',
    Femintensity
    Today I was able to push up 2 reps at 585, it was tough.

FranHewson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 109lbs/50kg

Squat: 143lbs/65kg
    Deadlift - 176lbs/80kg
    Bench - 44lbs/20kg DB's 93lbs/42.5kg BB
    Legpress - 231lbs/105kg
    BB curl - 55lbs/25kg

Need to work more on my lower body

Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100) Kiwibacon is not very well liked. (-100)
    Every girl at my weightlifting club can squat 100kg(220 pounds) with the best doing 130ish (290lb). except 1 girl who is in late 50s she can only do 80kg.(175lb)
    There is a big board with everyones lifts.

dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000)
    To the OP, and everyone else, you might find interesting an article in Muscle and Fitness
    muscle-fitness-hers/hers-athletes-celebrities/11-strongest-women-history-all-time-ever-walk-earth
    (I can't post a full link. Maybe just google it.)

You might also want to define the term "average woman". By what I see, an "average woman" in my country can
    - barely lift a box of milk (12 kg)
    - barely carry her child if over 2yo
    - barely navigate a full shopping cart

When it comes to athletes, you'll see that an average powerlifter, olympic weight lifter, bodybuilder, crossfit gamer etc would differ with weights they lift; bodybuilders probably lifting the lightest weights around as they train for reps and with different form.

To give you some numbers, I'm a hobby bodybuilder / hobby cyclist / hobby mountaineer. I fluctuate between 67 - 74 kg (148-163 lbs) and after 10 years of lifting my lifts are (reps x weight):
    bb bench press - 6x62 kg (cca 136 lbs)
    db bench press - 6 x (2x24) kg (cca 53 lbs per db)
    bb squat - 6x70 (cca 143 lbs)
    decline leg press - 8x160 kg (cca 352 lbs)
    military press - 8x 35 kg (cca 77 lbs)
    bic curl - 8x27 kg (cca 59 lbs)
    pullups - 8 (pure body weight)

These are my normal maximum lifts, ie lifts I did through time while working different programs. They don't mean I can just up and do all of these at any given time, but I did all of these this year as a part of a program (meaning, a lot more than once in my life ).
    As a bodybuilder, you find yourself following different rep schemes, and if I'm doing a program that requires 8 or 12 reps on my squat I of course won't be squatting 143 lbs.
    I included reps because I don't work out with fewer reps than these for given exercises and I never tried to max out on 1 rep and see how high I can go see as I don't ave a wo partner. I'm a bit of a safety nazi so I don't overload overly much.

jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100) jesslifts777 is not very well liked. (-100)
    It's hard to say what the average is. Here are my best 1RMs:
    135 bench
    230 squat
    255 deadlift
    For reference, I'm 18 and have been lifting seriously for about a year, since I was a junior. 5'9" 155 lbs. I belong to 2 very different gyms so I can't really judge what's "average" for a woman. I squat/pull more than almost any female at my community center, but hardly anybody lifts seriously there. On the flipside, at the gym where I do olympic weightlifting everyone has been doing it a lot longer than me and is ridiculously strong. As in, a girl who's about 10 years older than me there has a max squat of 365. It's kind of like comparing apples to oranges, but I'd say if you're lifting at all you've already surpassed the "average" woman. But don't let that make you complacent!! Keep up the hard work
    Always be the hardest worker in the room

jas6089 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I am 28, 5'6, rather fluffy, and have been lifting steady (was on/off in the past) for about 7-8 weeks now. I have yet to do a 1 RM on anything other than bench press (135), which i'm pretty sure I have surpassed my last 1 RM anyhow. My last set of each which is 8 reps is 120 on the bench, 95 on the incline bench, 25 (each) for dumbbell curls, 410 for leg press/calf extensions, 40 for overhead tricep extensions. My goal by 1/31/15 is 500 on the leg press (which I think I can do now) 150 on the bench press, and to do real push ups (I can only do good ones if I do them modified).

ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ruichiux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mainly db lifter here. Just under 4 years of serious training, 2 years prior of training like an idiot. Current weight is 155

Started db bench 20 lbs-- current max 50x4
    shoulder press 15 lbs (owing to old injury) --current max 40x4
    Deadlift 75--current 235
    pullups 0---6
    chin 0--8

I do front squats more than back squats. The first year, I think I hit 65 lbs for 5 reps and that was a big deal to me. Last week, I managed 4 at 115. Form kinda sucked after that second rep.

Always work harder.

All glory to G-d.

Never do the envy, jealousy, hater and insecure stuff. Be the hustler, the well-wisher, the go-getter