Closed Thread
Page 3 of 301 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Hahaha!! Exactly bro!! Good job btw. It's hard at bars and stuff cause girls are really stand-offish and only interested in appearance. Plus it's loud as **** and difficult to make conversation.
    But sounds like you aced it. And your "lines" were on point cause it came from YOU and YOUR personality, not some rehearsed BS you woulda said had you actually approached.

I think it's better you bumped into her and were FORCED to say something on the spot, because that automatically forces you to be witty and spontaneous
    To this very day, she's only 1 of 2 chicks I landed on my own through no association of friends/co-workers, and the other chick was a girl I had class with, so still, it was a comfortable environment. I was stuck in that rutt for a long long time... only dating girls I met while in my comfort zone. Turns out, that's when you're most likely to act foolish and out of the ordinary because you're OVERLY comfortable in that setting. Not to say things won't work out, I had a few serious relationships w/ girls I met through a friend or a co-worker, but things become boring pretty soon after because there's no variety in the relationship. Her friends are your friends, everyone's into the same stuff... very monotonous and boring.

For me, I found that daring myself, over and over, and failing to complete the dare (to talk to a hot chick I didn't know), was SO self-punishing. I eventually became so run-down with the, "I'm such a F***ING LOSER for not hitting on that chick!!!" that I just didn't care whether or not I got shot down.

I think maybe this is the best advice:

Approach the situation as if you have NOTHING TO LOSE AND NOTHING TO GAIN and you'll soon find out just how easy it was all along. The best part? If you go in thinking you have nothing to gain, and end up w/ the chick... it's like icing on the cake. Very satisfying.

EDIT: My advice is based on meeting girls to connect and start a relationship with. I've never liked "dating" or "hooking up." I'm into serious stuff... AKA, I'm NEEDY. Take my situation w/ a grain of salt if you're just trying to hook up with girls, I doubt it would work consistantly.

Not trying to steal the thread, please proceed!
    Last edited by Project84; 01-29-2009 at 06:12 AM.
    John - a newb.

janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No, no.. that's very good advice!! I'd encourage everyone to put in their .02. Nothing I say is set in stone, and I'm not necessarily a pimp or anything.

I just went through a ton of ****, went through a ton of girls and want to share what I learned in hopes that it benefits someone!!

And fwiw, there is NOTHING wrong with networking hookups/relationships through friends bro!! I've had HUGE successes with that, and I'm even gunna go into that a bit on this thread.. sooner or later.. lol

I was never into just bangin away either tbh! I always wanted a sweet girl I could be with. Then, of course, I got my heart ripped out and pissed on.
    Over and over and over and over and over...
    And I snapped, and say I was just gunna treat girls like **** and bang everything with a hole that was at least A 5 or better hahah!!

For the guys that want a relationship, you dont have to bang everything, but you do have to interact with everything. You gotta weed through the crap, and gain some life experience so you can be good for the girl you end up with!

at least that's my opinion..

janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Fashion, grooming, and shallowness

I get the feeling im gunna catch some heat for this chapter lol.

Guys, like it or not, you LIVE in a shallow world. Every day you're judged by your appearance, both aesthetically and by how you dress. You can fight it, or you can accept it and manipulate it to work in your favor. What's it gunna be?

I can tell you, the response when you're wearing a hoodie and some ratty jeans vs when you walk in in a button up collared shirt, tie, and slacks is like night and day.
    (not that I'm advocating wearing a suit everywhere lol)

In this game, especially for the younger guys on here, it's CRUCIAL that you be up on the latest trends in fashion. It doesnt matter what your style is, just pull it off well.

Let me ask you guys this...
    Have you ever seen a guy with a baby mohawk, ed hardy gear, and $200 jeans with an ugly girl?
    I can count on one hand the amount of times I have, and still have fingers left over.

I won't tell you to go buy ed hardy, or affliction, or rock and republic jeans. I will tell you that when I personally decided to dress better I got a fuck ton more attention from more attractive girls.

Plus when you go to stores like nordstrom, buckle, metro park, or whatever they have on the east coast, there's tons of cute girls usually working there. That gives you the opportunity to go "Hey, excuse me, im gunna be honest, I suck at matching, and you're really cute and well dressed so what do you think about THIS outfit??"
    Tell them you're changin up your wardrobe for the better and ask what they think is hot on guys. If you're feeling bold ask them to come hang out later (remember; they get PAID to be nice so dont read too much into it lol)

Like it or love it, BEING METRO WILL DRAW ATTENTION FROM GIRLS

And not just shallow conceited types either. Every single guy friend I had that literally had to beat girls off with a stick, was super clean cut and metro.
    I'm not saying being a fag will get girls. It won't. Be alpha, and well dressed, and a baller.

Again, if you're younger this is ESPECIALLY true. Young girls always hit on me based off how I dress. Of course, I lol at them because I'm waaay too old to mess around with lollis and I have an amazing girl my own age lol

AND GUYS -
    ffs,
    GROOM YOURSELF DAMNIT!!

Yes. Trim your ****. It'll make your balls smell better when girls go down on you, and you dont like eating hairpie do you? They don't either. Amirite??
    Yes. Shave your body hair if you're excessively hairy.
    Yes. If you have a unibrow, trim that ****!
    Yes. Get your hair done by cosmetology girls that are fresh outta school and know current trends/styles. Experiment with stuff and find something that looks good..
    Yes. Brush your teeth constantly. Chew gum before talking to girls. Be as clean and fresh as possible.

I like to just get some of that crew forming paste or whatever, smear a bunch in my hands, and just ruffle the **** outta my hair, then just kinda pick at unruly spots until it looks good-messy.

I heard this from a number of salon girls and guy friends that get tons of ass,
    Your hair should look like you just woke up that way and its baller. It shouldn't look like you spent a ton of time perfecting every last little hair sticking out.

Learn about fashion and accessories!!!

I never liked jewelry. My theory was, "I'm a guy damnit, thats chick ****!"
    WRONG.

A bracelet, belt, and necklace should be plenty. Make sure you match. Again, ask a cute girl for her opinion.

Now look guys, I'm not saying you HAVE to be metro to pull. You don't. I'm not saying throw your style out and just conform to whats hot right now.
    What I am saying is, if your current style hasn't gotten you any attention, maybe it's time to re-think and mix it up a bit. Throwing in a couple new elements can't hurt if you're already hurtin.

remember, if you're aiming for 9s and 10s, you're going to have to be on their level. And most 9s and 10s are...
    UP TO DATE ON FASHION and WELL-DRESSED.

They're probably not going to date some guy in a nickelback t-shirt and levis. Feel me?

Now, the flip side of this...
    Genetics plays a big part in the kinds of girls you're going to pull. If you're hot, you're hot, and you don't need help really.. why are you even reading this? lol

But the truth is, most of us are 5s-7s. You don't have to admit it, I don't care. But I do. I'm a 7 on my best day. But you can ask ANY girl, a 7 that's dressed sexy, well groomed, and funny/charming as ****, instantly becomes a 9.

Suck it up, and make a hotornot account for yourself with your best pic. Ask girls on POF what they do/dont like about your pics... tell em to be as bitchy as they want. you'll never meet those ho's.

edit: funny side note, I was steady around high 7 borderline 8 on hotornot, then I put in my description that I was a fire-fighter, and my score instantly bumped to 9.5 lol.. just goes to show, looks aren't always EVERYthing!

And don't get down on yourself.

I read something funny, I forget the OP, but it was something along the lines of;
    "Any guy should be able to pull about 2 points higher on the looks scale, if he can dress and charm the **** out of a girl."
    So there's hope! If you're a 5, you can pull 7s. That's nothin to scoff at buddy!

And trust me, NONE OF YOU in here (except maybe hunterchilla) are 3s and 4s.. so you're golden!

Another thing I wanna mention, then I'm off..
    Do you really REALLY want 9s and 10s?
    Especially those of you that wanna find a GIRLFRIEND? I mean just to bang, hell yea, and trust me, if you get your **** right, even 6s can pull an occasional 9 or 10. I have, and i'm funny lookin.

But really, these girls are that way for a reason. They weren't born 9s and 10s. They weren't 9s and 10s in elementary. The **** that happened throughout their life taught them that if they want male attention, they buy expensive slutty clothes, spend ridiculous amounts on hair and makeup, tan way too much, and throw themselves out in public drunk as ****.

These girls are fucking TRAIN WRECKS guys!!!! Most of them have so many issues a psychologist wouldn't even wanna date them!

Finding a 9 or 10 that has her **** together, is a good person, and has a heart of gold is like winning the lottery. I wouldn't waste my time short of trying to get my dick wet.
    Aim for the 6s - 8s, and if they have some sort of psycho complex, don't waste your time.

Just my .02

Oh yea, in b4 girls saying "I dont like metro guys!" Yea right. You don't because you've pre-judged and assumed they're meatheads or cocky jerks that wouldnt talk to you. If one was charming and made you laugh, you'd be creamin yourself. Lets be honest here.

TTYL.
    Last edited by janky; 01-29-2009 at 02:09 PM.

big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    reps for awesome plenty of fish tips
    taken from the ultimate broski thread

I hate to do this but I may have to report your picture for being too damn sexy Yes its a corny line but I enjoy it.

lol mine or richies??

I like that.. "ultimate broski thread" lulz.

_Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah man good advice on the metro ****.

Girls have even told me it's all about appearence (like how you dress and carry yourself) as to how hot guys are.

Definately so easy to get considered "good looking" by girls and "have the looks"
    Career Mod Negs: 4

It's like supplements to bodybuilding. You take them to speed up results and achieve goals you might not normally be able to achieve.
    Sure you can build all natural, but nobody does cause it takes forever and its impossible to get the same results.

look at clothes/grooming as your supplements to your "game" or whatever u wanna call it

Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This may be the greatest thread i've seen since i joined..

if my reps were valuable at all i would give them to you..

lookin forward to the updates
    The answer to all your questions lies within this thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027

xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJustin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Juelz919 View Post
    I walked up to her said
    "I just saw you walking past thought you were really pretty and i had to say hello"
    she smiles and says "thanks"

i make small convo for about a minute say i have to go and asked for her number

she responds with
    "i have a boyfriend"

"ok well it was nice talkin maybe i'll see you around"
    slightly awkward she smiles i walked off and told my friends and we all laughed about it.
    Im using this whenever that **** comes up:

"Thats cool, i have a gf, we just dont beleive in monogamy"
    myspace (16 year old girls only):
    www.myspace.com/soccer12

The Misc Relationship Help Dr.
    STEELERS FAN!

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Still great advice
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get the feeling im gunna catch some heat for this chapter lol.

Guys, like it or not, you LIVE in a shallow world. Every day you're judged by your appearance, both aesthetically and by how you dress. You can fight it, or you can accept it and manipulate it to work in your favor. What's it gunna be?

I can tell you, the response when you're wearing a hoodie and some ratty jeans vs when you walk in in a button up collared shirt, tie, and slacks is like night and day.
    (not that I'm advocating wearing a suit everywhere lol)

In this game, especially for the younger guys on here, it's CRUCIAL that you be up on the latest trends in fashion. It doesnt matter what your style is, just pull it off well.

Let me ask you guys this...
    Have you ever seen a guy with a baby mohawk, ed hardy gear, and $200 jeans with an ugly girl?
    I can count on one hand the amount of times I have, and still have fingers left over.

I won't tell you to go buy ed hardy, or affliction, or rock and republic jeans. I will tell you that when I personally decided to dress better I got a fuck ton more attention from more attractive girls.

Plus when you go to stores like nordstrom, buckle, metro park, or whatever they have on the east coast, there's tons of cute girls usually working there. That gives you the opportunity to go "Hey, excuse me, im gunna be honest, I suck at matching, and you're really cute and well dressed so what do you think about THIS outfit??"
    Tell them you're changin up your wardrobe for the better and ask what they think is hot on guys. If you're feeling bold ask them to come hang out later (remember; they get PAID to be nice so dont read too much into it lol)

Like it or love it, BEING METRO WILL DRAW ATTENTION FROM GIRLS

And not just shallow conceited types either. Every single guy friend I had that literally had to beat girls off with a stick, was super clean cut and metro.
    I'm not saying being a fag will get girls. It won't. Be alpha, and well dressed, and a baller.

Again, if you're younger this is ESPECIALLY true. Young girls always hit on me based off how I dress. Of course, I lol at them because I'm waaay too old to mess around with lollis and I have an amazing girl my own age lol

AND GUYS -
    ffs,
    GROOM YOURSELF DAMNIT!!

Yes. Trim your ****. It'll make your balls smell better when girls go down on you, and you dont like eating hairpie do you? They don't either. Amirite??
    Yes. Shave your body hair if you're excessively hairy.
    Yes. If you have a unibrow, trim that ****!
    Yes. Get your hair done by cosmetology girls that are fresh outta school and know current trends/styles. Experiment with stuff and find something that looks good..
    Yes. Brush your teeth constantly. Chew gum before talking to girls. Be as clean and fresh as possible.

I like to just get some of that crew forming paste or whatever, smear a bunch in my hands, and just ruffle the **** outta my hair, then just kinda pick at unruly spots until it looks good-messy.

I heard this from a number of salon girls and guy friends that get tons of ass,
    Your hair should look like you just woke up that way and its baller. It shouldn't look like you spent a ton of time perfecting every last little hair sticking out.

Learn about fashion and accessories!!!

I never liked jewelry. My theory was, "I'm a guy damnit, thats chick ****!"
    WRONG.

A bracelet, belt, and necklace should be plenty. Make sure you match. Again, ask a cute girl for her opinion.

Now look guys, I'm not saying you HAVE to be metro to pull. You don't. I'm not saying throw your style out and just conform to whats hot right now.
    What I am saying is, if your current style hasn't gotten you any attention, maybe it's time to re-think and mix it up a bit. Throwing in a couple new elements can't hurt if you're already hurtin.

remember, if you're aiming for 9s and 10s, you're going to have to be on their level. And most 9s and 10s are...
    UP TO DATE ON FASHION and WELL-DRESSED.

They're probably not going to date some guy in a nickelback t-shirt and levis. Feel me?

Now, the flip side of this...
    Genetics plays a big part in the kinds of girls you're going to pull. If you're hot, you're hot, and you don't need help really.. why are you even reading this? lol

But the truth is, most of us are 5s-7s. You don't have to admit it, I don't care. But I do. I'm a 7 on my best day. But you can ask ANY girl, a 7 that's dressed sexy, well groomed, and funny/charming as ****, instantly becomes a 9.

Suck it up, and make a hotornot account for yourself with your best pic. Ask girls on POF what they do/dont like about your pics... tell em to be as bitchy as they want. you'll never meet those ho's.

edit: funny side note, I was steady around high 7 borderline 8 on hotornot, then I put in my description that I was a fire-fighter, and my score instantly bumped to 9.5 lol.. just goes to show, looks aren't always EVERYthing!

And don't get down on yourself.

I read something funny, I forget the OP, but it was something along the lines of;
    "Any guy should be able to pull about 2 points higher on the looks scale, if he can dress and charm the **** out of a girl."
    So there's hope! If you're a 5, you can pull 7s. That's nothin to scoff at buddy!

And trust me, NONE OF YOU in here (except maybe hunterchilla) are 3s and 4s.. so you're golden!

Another thing I wanna mention, then I'm off..
    Do you really REALLY want 9s and 10s?
    Especially those of you that wanna find a GIRLFRIEND? I mean just to bang, hell yea, and trust me, if you get your **** right, even 6s can pull an occasional 9 or 10. I have, and i'm funny lookin.

But really, these girls are that way for a reason. They weren't born 9s and 10s. They weren't 9s and 10s in elementary. The **** that happened throughout their life taught them that if they want male attention, they buy expensive slutty clothes, spend ridiculous amounts on hair and makeup, tan way too much, and throw themselves out in public drunk as ****.

These girls are fucking TRAIN WRECKS guys!!!! Most of them have so many issues a psychologist wouldn't even wanna date them!

Finding a 9 or 10 that has her **** together, is a good person, and has a heart of gold is like winning the lottery. I wouldn't waste my time short of trying to get my dick wet.
    Aim for the 6s - 8s, and if they have some sort of psycho complex, don't waste your time.

Just my .02

Oh yea, in b4 girls saying "I dont like metro guys!" Yea right. You don't because you've pre-judged and assumed they're meatheads or cocky jerks that wouldnt talk to you. If one was charming and made you laugh, you'd be creamin yourself. Lets be honest here.

TTYL.

nice post, I agree on all terms

repped

sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrLJizzle View Post
    fat girls scare me.
    practice on the fat or ugly ones!

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can't agree with OP post 63..Based on my personal experience...

Being too-Metro will not get you respect from men, if men cannot respect you, you will never be seen as leader..nobody respects a dude who is just as vain as a woman..ever. It is far more important to be respected by a company of men, then getting some slutty looking chick number who goes out every weekend.

I think the key is finding a balance in between...

Grooming is common sense.

Men's fashion has and always will be classic, in my opinion. Your posture and body language is far more important than wearing Ed Hardy and 200 dollar jeans. You are correct on this applying to the younger guys. When I was in high school if you weren't rocking Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Polo..you weren't getting the hot chicks. If you weren't wearing Banana Republic and Armani Exchange, you weren't getting the hot asian chicks..lol. Being older now being too "in fashion" can be a detriment.

That is a pretty scumbag move saying you are a firefighter, I am working hard right now so I can one day call myself a firefighter, and impersonating a firefighter is against the law. You dishonored thousands of MEN, who died trying to save others by calling yourself one. I understand your intentions weren't harmful, but for the lolz for chicks falling for a "image".

You give excellent advice though, that I learn through trial and error and heartache. To retract about communicating with all types of people, I think it goes beyond networking and meeting other people, there is a lot of pleasure in being able to connect with someone, making them feel good, and to inspire..whether they are of a different race, group, rich, poor,male, female, nerd, jock, fat, skinny, freaks, geeks, old, your peers, children,etc.

x233456 On not giving a **** about girls turning you down...because deep down..who cares it's just a chick??

Keep writing bro

PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This post was great, but I am pretty certain that I'm a three. What should I do?
    Pete Caya
    I am not happy with being content. I will only be content when I am happy.
    " I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Does your woman respect you more when she knows other females are chasing after you and she knows that if she were to act up, she can be easily replaced.
    Evidence.

Californians have a right to bear arms in public!

Originally Posted by GetHimABodyBag View Post
    Can't agree with OP post 63..Based on my personal experience...

Being too-Metro will not get you respect from men, if men cannot respect you, you will never be seen as leader..nobody respects a dude who is just as vain as a woman..ever. It is far more important to be respected by a company of men, then getting some slutty looking chick number who goes out every weekend.

I think the key is finding a balance in between...

Grooming is common sense.

Men's fashion has and always will be classic, in my opinion. Your posture and body language is far more important than wearing Ed Hardy and 200 dollar jeans. You are correct on this applying to the younger guys. When I was in high school if you weren't rocking Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Polo..you weren't getting the hot chicks. If you weren't wearing Banana Republic and Armani Exchange, you weren't getting the hot asian chicks..lol. Being older now being too "in fashion" can be a detriment.

That is a pretty scumbag move saying you are a firefighter, I am working hard right now so I can one day call myself a firefighter, and impersonating a firefighter is against the law. You dishonored thousands of MEN, who died trying to save others by calling yourself one. I understand your intentions weren't harmful, but for the lolz for chicks falling for a "image".

You give excellent advice though, that I learn through trial and error and heartache. To retract about communicating with all types of people, I think it goes beyond networking and meeting other people, there is a lot of pleasure in being able to connect with someone, making them feel good, and to inspire..whether they are of a different race, group, rich, poor,male, female, nerd, jock, fat, skinny, freaks, geeks, old, your peers, children,etc.

x233456 On not giving a **** about girls turning you down...because deep down..who cares it's just a chick??

Keep writing bro
    In all fairness, most of this is directed at the younger crowd. Yes, at our age fashion and being metro start to become a little ridiculous. I still like fashion and clothes that are in style, but it's not AS important to me to buy a $150 shirt as it would be if I was 21 again and lookin to pick up club rats. I have tons of shirts that cost $40 that are just fine.
    With expensive jeans though, sometimes you get what you pay for in terms of comfort and durability. My true religions have lasted a LOT longer than $70 american eagle jeans... just sayin'.

And I agree with you, your posture and character are far more determining in whether or not people like you. As far as not getting respect from men, well.. having tons of girls on you will earn enough respect. Of course, it'll also earn you a few jealous haters..

But the first initial opinion a female makes of you is based off appearance. And these younger girls (that are these guys age range) go ape**** for that kind of stuff. Why not make the best first impression possible?

At this stage in life I feel there's far more important things, and I don't need to impress any girls because I already have a good one

Yea, I agree about the firefighter thing. I didn't do it to disrespect. Believe me, I have friends that are, and I've seen the hard work they put in. I also have lots of friends that are active military, and I watch all these little military wife skanks bangin away while their husband is deployed risking his life to protect our country. It's bull****, I know.
    I wanted to test my theory as to how shallow women really are, and of course I was right on the money lol
    Besides, it's just hotornot. I would never walk around irl goin "Oh yea, I'm military/firefighter/supercop.." that's ridiculous. I don't really feel that I've dishonored thousands of people at all, but I can see how that might have been viewed as a little shady.

Originally Posted by PeteCaya View Post
    This post was great, but I am pretty certain that I'm a three. What should I do?
    Accept that you're not, quit beating yourself up.
    Make a hotornot account. I'd say post your pic here, but we all know how the misc gets

Most of the issues are probably fixable.
    Get an in-style haircut. Shave. Clean up. Get some nice, respectable clothes.
    I don't know I haven't seen you, and it's hard for me to judge guys lol
    Last edited by janky; 01-30-2009 at 10:06 AM.

PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) PeteCaya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get an in-style haircut.[Shave. Clean up. Get some nice, respectable clothes.
    I'm balding, I don't have hygiene problems and I already dress pretty well
    Pete Caya
    I am not happy with being content. I will only be content when I am happy.
    " I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaptn Krunch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think the metro look is slowly on it's way out. But maybe that's just because I'm not in my early 20's anymore...IMHO, the man look is on it's way in. Hugh Laurie scruff is way in.

I imagine if you put 2 guys that had similar looks and one was metro and 1 dressed like a logger or some other manly profession, women would go for the logger...Because it just screams TESTOSTERONE and it's a turn on to them. When women fanticize, they're usually not fanticizing about the uber polished metro dude nailing them...It's the 3 days beard growth stubble rough hands fire fighter/logger/construction worker etc.

But again, maybe it's different if you're 21, I dunno.

Anyhoo...Carry on Janky, carry on.

Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Originally Posted by Kaptn Krunch View Post
    I think the metro look is slowly on it's way out. But maybe that's just because I'm not in my early 20's anymore...IMHO, the man look is on it's way in. Hugh Laurie scruff is way in.

I imagine if you put 2 guys that had similar looks and one was metro and 1 dressed like a logger or some other manly profession, women would go for the logger...Because it just screams TESTOSTERONE and it's a turn on to them. When women fanticize, they're usually not fanticizing about the uber polished metro dude nailing them...It's the 3 days beard growth stubble rough hands fire fighter/logger/construction worker etc.

It's different at this age. I'm in maintenance, work at least 2 or 3 shifts a month as a volunteer at the local fire dept, and my passion is cars. Therefore, I'm dirty, gritty, and manly, 24/7. Chicks my age ignore the hell out of me.... even chicks who crushed on me in high school, now days they ignore me.

I have buddies that work office jobs and dress in slacks and loafers and get women. Granted, I'm taken, not even looking to land additional women, but regardless, my lifestyle doesn't even put me on the map in a 21 year old chicks brain.

Which probably explains why my g/f is older.

Chicks 16-24 I'd say go for metro 10x more often than Lumberjack.

24+ ladies love some damn lumberjack though.... where's my flannel?
    John - a newb.

THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10) THEballer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    see? not bad at all!!!

I've been told that SOOOO many times..

I usually replied with
    "well he's not gunna find out unless YOU tell him.."
    or
    "How's that workin out for ya?"

hahahah
    I tend to use the... "Woah there, why are you already telling me about your personal problems? I just met you."

MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10) MagicFingers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    janky: please post pics of the type of clothing you talk about

Originally Posted by Kaptn Krunch View Post

Well, fwiw I see a lot of guys in affliction and like hurley that drive huge lifted 4x4s pulling hot girls. Maybe you're mistaking my definition of metro.
    You dont wanna look like you work in a fcking hair salon, you want to look like a MAN, that knows how to match his clothing and buys fashionable stuff..

Where I'm at guys with faux hawks, ed hardy, affliction, matching belt & shoes, and clean cut (or with meticulously groomed facial hair or 5'o'clock shadows) pull all the hotties.

When you get a little older, it's not so much about fashion, but again - this is for the younger crowd.

Originally Posted by PeteCaya View Post
    I'm balding, I don't have hygiene problems and I already dress pretty well
    Bald is fine. Chicks loved vin diesel. Grow a little facial hair or 5 o clock shadow so you look rugged.. bald is hard to pull off if you ahve a baby face lol

Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
    It's different at this age. I'm in maintenance, work at least 2 or 3 shifts a month as a volunteer at the local fire dept, and my passion is cars. Therefore, I'm dirty, gritty, and manly, 24/7. Chicks my age ignore the hell out of me.... even chicks who crushed on me in high school, now days they ignore me.

I have buddies that work office jobs and dress in slacks and loafers and get women. Granted, I'm taken, not even looking to land additional women, but regardless, my lifestyle doesn't even put me on the map in a 21 year old chicks brain.

Which probably explains why my g/f is older.

Chicks 16-24 I'd say go for metro 10x more often than Lumberjack.

24+ ladies love some damn lumberjack though.... where's my flannel?
    EXACTLY THIS.
    I worked construction, and when I was in my carhartt and ****ty jeans I got NO looks, and when I talked to girls they'd be very passive.

When I got home on friday, cleaned up, did my hair, put on my ed hardy and true religions and chucks, and went to the club, girls would come dance with me or eyeball fck me.

I speak from experience.
    Your experience may vary
    Last edited by janky; 01-30-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    janky: please post pics of the type of clothing you talk about
    There isn't a set look honestly. Just match. At least ONE pair of expensive jeans is a must.

Look at wilmer valderrama or ashton kutcher.

If I'm recommending brands I'd say Ed Hardy, Affliction, Rebel Spirit, Aqua, Manchester LTD, Express (for the clean cut businessy type stuff), Guess, 7 diamonds, howe
    for jeans; True religions, MEK's, Rock and Republic, Affliction, Manchester.

I dunno how stores are around the country, but Here I pretty much only shop at Buckle, Metro Park, and Nordstrom.

That or online, Revolveclothing.com or of course any of those stores I mentioned's websites.

ALSO - Side note, Wear some dress type shoes with your designer jeans.
    Ever hear girls say "You can tell about a man by his shoes" ??? Well they do look. Trust me, when you put on dress shoes as opposed to your vans you'll see/FEEL a world of difference and look like a baller.

_Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Places I shop at are FCUK, Guess, Mexx and a couple others I can't remember. Mexx is pretty good to get nice vests and shirts, fcuk has wickedly designed t-shirts and Guess has nice jeans and long sleaves.

I would shop at places like Armani Exchange but they don't have one in my local mall and I can't be ****ed to go anywhere else.

Oh and ps. Danier has some sick leather jackets, I look so pimp cause I have a few of thsoe.
    Last edited by _Ishy; 01-30-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Career Mod Negs: 4

Originally Posted by _Ishy View Post
    Places I shop at are FCUK, Guess, Mexx and a couple others I can't remember. Mexx is pretty good to get nice vests and shirts, fcuk has wickedly designed t-shirts and Guess has nice jeans and long sleaves.

I would shop at places like Armani Exchange but they don't have one in my local mall and I can't be ****ed to go anywhere else.

Oh and ps. Danier has some sick leather jackets, I look so pimp cause I have a few of thsoe.
    Good ****.
    Like I said, clothing is "supplements" to your game.

When you do bodybuilding, lifting and diet are your 2 core operations.
    When you wanna meet girls/get laid, talking to them (networking) and being confident are your 2 core operations.

clothes are supplements.
    If you're a total badass covered in tattoos and stuntin around town on an R1 bike then yea, you can wear whatever.

If you're a professional athlete or firefighter, or just really ripped, yea you can wear whatever..

Networking in detail

I wanna go into networking a little more because I feel like it's one of the most crucial components to this whole thing.

A lot of guys make the mistake of expecting too much, or going into every interaction with the sole purpose of gettin ass. Then they get super nervous and awkward when things dont go down that path. Then they lose confidence and it shows. Then they go home and over-analyze every single thing they said and try to figure out what they did wrong.

Sound familiar???

STOP GOING INTO IT WITH SO MANY EXPECTATIONS.

This isn't the air force, so aim low. Start small. Once all that **** becomes second nature to you, you'll be making baller moves without even knowing it.

Your only goal should be to make eye contact, say hi, intro, and say something witty.

If things are going smooth, its so easy to just be like "Hey look, I gotta run but you're pretty cool, let me get your number so I can hit you up later!"

NEVER EVER say "Can I" or "Could I please" or "would you maybe consider" or "If I give you this 100 dollar bill would you" give me your number.
    stop that pansy ****.
    You're telling her to give you her number. It's not hard, it's not a big commitment on either end, and its NOT a big deal.
    "Let me get your number, ill get at you later."
    Reach in your pocket, pull out your phone, and say "Whats your number?"
    don't ask permission. tell her to give it to you.

NOW - the reason you're not trying to bang every single girl you talk to yet is because with a large percentage of them that will put you in an awkward (read:desperate) spot, or they'll label you a manwhore and shrug you off.
    Plus, for those of you familiar with sales, You NEVER wanna bust your nut right away, you want to make them interested, tease them with that interest, dangle it in their face, make them beg, then BOOM!! all over their face!!!

You get numbers. Lots. Talk to different girls. Lots. Low key. You're not pressuring for sex, which allows them to relax around you. You're crackin jokes, being a cocky smartass, and play flirting with them.
    ALL of them.
    When one doesn't reply, turn to another. Don't hit the same one up 3 days in a row or any creepo **** like that. Give them a couple days break in between and let them hit YOU up. When they do You're busy, but get back to them later.
    What do you fill your time between girls with?
    Other girls.

You're not fcking any of them (well, maybe you are.. good for you slugger!) and you're not telling them you love them or asking them to be your girlfriend.

So in all fairness, you're doing absolutely nothing wrong, and not being shady to anyone. Right?
    Exactly.

Now, use your girl friends AND guy friends to meet more girls.

Duh.
    If a girl doesn't wanna introduce you to her friends or gives you that tired ass "All my friends are guys, I dont have any girl friends" bs, it's a good chance they're into you and dont want to share.

I can tell you guys honestly, a HUGE HUGE HUGE percentage of my successes were through hooking up with friends of friends of friends.
    It's a gold mine, and it's easy as hell because you're already friends with someone they're friends with!
    Friends wouldn't hook friends up w ****ty people right??
    Riiiiight

But it's comfortable for both sides, and makes things much smoother.
    Don't fck it up by being a cheater or complete prick. Remember, you found that line between being a total obnoxious asshole and being an alpha guy that's still charming and fun to be around??? Don't lose sight of that fine line.

Guy friends can be a good network. Trust me. Every guy likes to meet chicks right? Every guy knows at least a few right? If you're charming and well groomed and witty, and the other guy's a dip****, guess what?
    YOU WIN.

Don't backstab your friends and steal their girlfriends or anything, thats not what I'm saying. But if they have nothing with this chick, and she's feeling you, then you do what a man's gotta do.
    Plus since you're talking to all these new people, introduce some of your guys to girls you're not gettin anywhere with.
    Plug for your friends, and they'll plug back for you trust me! Male AND female. It's a win-win for everyone and you're a rock star for promoting.

Also, guy friends are VERY motivational when it comes to meeting/fcking girls.
    I had a bet with one of my guy friends one summer to see who could bang the most girls over the 3 months. Needless to say I got 25 and he got 7
    But that motivation made me go out and *gasp!* HAVE FUN talking to girls and trying to pull.

Everytime he got laid, I'd be like "Oh ****, gotta catch up!" cause I had no clue what number he was at! So I'd just run up to every girl at the party, be charming as hell, hand them drinks, and see what happened lol

DONT BURN BRIDGES!

Yea, people are selfish pricks. Yea, you won't always SEEM to gain anything from friendships, and some people will just fck you up the ass with a shark.
    That's ok. It's their loss. You're a good person, hilarious, and fun to be around. Plus you know tons of chicks and you can tell them all that so-n-so has genital herpes

You can take something from EVERY friendship you have. Whether it's knowledge, financial gain, basic friendship, networks, whatever. Even the bad ones teach you what to watch for.
    So getting pissed that a girl put you in the "friend zone" is retarded. Pivot off her bad move and use her to your advantage. Tell her to introduce you to good girls cause you're sick of crappy ones. Talk to her about the "crappy" ones and ask for advice. Ask her about your outfits, style, etc.
    Don't give her any priority or blow her up nonstop, but keep her on the back burner in case you need to call in favors.

Also, make good with someone that has a party house. Trust me. Drunk party girls = experience/ego boosts for you. Just be safe lol

I guess that's it for now. I'm hungry and I wanna go eat delicious steak.

TTYL.

Oh yea, before I forget.. you guys feel free to throw out advice. I dont want it to seem like I'm dominating the thread or anything.. lately I've seen a lot of good posts from some of you guys about this stuff so keep it comin!
    Last edited by janky; 01-30-2009 at 08:35 PM.

sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000) sydneyelvis is just really nice. (+1000)
    There isn't a set look honestly. Just match. At least ONE pair of expensive jeans is a must.

Look at wilmer valderrama or ashton kutcher.

If I'm recommending brands I'd say Ed Hardy, Affliction, Rebel Spirit, Aqua, Manchester LTD, Express (for the clean cut businessy type stuff), Guess, 7 diamonds, howe
    for jeans; True religions, MEK's, Rock and Republic, Affliction, Manchester.

I dunno how stores are around the country, but Here I pretty much only shop at Buckle, Metro Park, and Nordstrom.

That or online, Revolveclothing.com or of course any of those stores I mentioned's websites.

ALSO - Side note, Wear some dress type shoes with your designer jeans.
    Ever hear girls say "You can tell about a man by his shoes" ??? Well they do look. Trust me, when you put on dress shoes as opposed to your vans you'll see/FEEL a world of difference and look like a baller.

all you say is true. if i go to the shops in t-shirt and shorts girls rarely give me a look. If i go back to the same shop during my lunch break from work in my boss suit, armani shirt, and versace tie, i get eyeball fukt continuously. But dressing like that is expensive. I buy all my designer gear during the sales or from a website called sharpdresseman.com.au.
    I love designer gear at chaep prices... so do the ladies!

ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ULTRACONNOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does this work for people who are 20 or is 20 too old?

i go to college and i don't have too many friends except for some multicultural gang who sit in their dorms in the weekend and play WoW or mgaic the gathering card game. I on the other hand don't really like hanging out with this crew because I don't like the things they do and plus some of them smoke weed. should I avoid hanging out with these people even if it means i will later have no friend groups?

Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chris A is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How old are you again janky? 26 or 27? I thought you were done with the misc.

jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000)
    what about hco and a&f for clothes?
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 301 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast