Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GodlyBuddha View Post
    Quoted from a book I own:
    LOL

Come at me
    Not worth the effort. When top-level bodybuilders start doing bodyweight exercises, I'll remember this thread. Until then, not so much.

Not photoshop, the image was taken sideways and the whole pic was sideways. Rotated it in photosmart or some shit (stupid program on my computer). Fked with the proportions and the picture quality (lighting was terrible too).
    You really should quit while you're behind.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dudes in California prisons would agree.

I think if you do some kind of myo rep thing you can make it work.

The God of Calisthenics GodlyBuddha's Avatar
    GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Don't look completely deformed in your photo.
    How many times do I have to repeat I have asymmetry.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP has shown me the light. I have cancelled my gym memberships and am currently doing 200 BW squats a day.

Mr. olympia here i come.

GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GodlyBuddha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Yamar1 View Post
    Dudes in California prisons would agree.

I think if you do some kind of myo rep thing you can make it work.
    Can I respectfully ask you to elaborate?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Don't look completely deformed in your photo.
    LOL. Missed this one my first time through.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    OP has shown me the light. I have cancelled my gym memberships and am currently doing 200 BW squats a day.

Mr. olympia here i come.
    Never have I stated calisthenics will make you Mr.Olympia.

Doing 200 BW squats a day is only good for strength endurance, not for maximal strength. You will not gain much muscle mass from that beyond a certain point.

Do One legged Squats holding kettlebells in each hand, and then come back and tell me about it

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Battle of wits
    See, you can get stronger by lifting weights, but you can't get smarter by trying to troll with a badly phochopped picture of you. Thus, I'll pass.

also tell me what I need to do to convince you my picture is authentic
    Post a spoon pic with you holding up a sign that reads 'Lucifer is my daddy'.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    LOL. Missed this one my first time through.
    When I fix up my back asymmetry I will post another picture, stay tuned

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    See, you can get stronger by lifting weights, but you can't get smarter by trying to troll with a badly phochopped picture of you. Thus, I'll pass.

Post a spoon pic with you holding up a sign that reads 'Lucifer is my daddy'.
    Ok fine, I will post a spoon pic in a sec, where can I upload it and link it to this thread?

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)

Doing 200 BW squats a day is only good for strength endurance, not for maximal strength. You will not gain much muscle mass from that beyond a certain point.

Do One legged Squats holding kettlebells in each hand, and then come back and tell me about it
    kettlebells = weights

herp derp

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can I respectfully ask you to elaborate?
    Weights were banned in the Calornia prison system. Did you ever see some of the guys in San Quentin? I seen documentaries where they show their workouts....they just do an insane amount of bodyweight exercises, and some of them are huge.

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why not just squat at that point.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

My 5/3/1 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142349681

Weights were banned in the Calornia prison system. Did you ever see some of the guys in San Quentin? I seen documentaries where they show their workouts....they just do an insane amount of bodyweight exercises, and some of them are huge.
    Interesting, because Paul Wade (guy who wrote the book), also served time in San Quentin if I recall correctly. Good observations

jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Come on me
    come on me
    No, both of you come on me, but prepare your anuses
    Come on me bro
    Come on me bro
    Lucifer come on me bro
    come on me

Pervert.
    Training log (5/3/1): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134406091

Sponsored Supp Logs:
    NGN Glyco-Energy - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155635833
    Fahrenheit Nutrition Volatile - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148750893

Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    kettlebells = weights

herp derp
    Never said they weren't herp de derp derp

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I seen documentaries where they show their workouts....they just do an insane amount of bodyweight exercises, and some of them are huge.

Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jtrain71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pointless thread. This is a bodybuilding website. How many bodybuilders do you know who get big and prepped by just doing calisthenics?
    Joseph Walters, Ph.D., FMS, CSCS, USAW L1
    Assistant Professor of Exercise Science
    University of Tampa
    CEO countingkilos.com

Originally Posted by Jtrain71 View Post
    Pointless thread. This is a bodybuilding website. How many bodybuilders do you know who get big and prepped by just doing calisthenics?
    Bodybuilding isn't about getting as huge as possible. It's about building an aesthetic body with good proportions or building the body the person doing it wants.

No doubt you have a good physique forged through weights. But don't deny that resistance is resistance, and resistance from your body is no different than resistance from weights.

Originally Posted by joelash302 View Post
    Why not just squat at that point.
    Because not everyone has a power/squat rack and hundreds of pounds worth of weights at home. Some people only have at most a couple of dumbbells.

Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [b] Once you begin training regularly in calisthenics, the subconscious mind makes the connection between a leaner bodyweight and easier training, and regulates the appetite and eating habits automatically.
    wtf is this garbage

Originally Posted by Bone Crusher View Post
    wtf is this garbage
    Trust me this is real. I lost a lot of fat without changing my crap diet whatsoever.

aestheticaeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aestheticaeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aestheticaeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not saying I'm swole brah, just saying I got good progress with calisthenics compared to my sickly 120-130 pound self. Besides I've only been working out for about a year but I gained a lot of knowledge reading books (Convict Conditioning, Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline, Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, etc)

I tried lifting weights before, I know proper form and such and it's kind of fun, but I'm a devoted to calisthenics and believe in training wherever you are, whenever you want (I live in a place with no gyms)
    Ive only been training for 3 months, and ive went from 120 pounds to 153 pounds.

Originally Posted by aestheticaeon View Post
    Ive only been training for 3 months, and ive went from 120 pounds to 153 pounds.
    Cool story bro tell it again

UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

3. Bodyweight Training Maximizes Strength
    Calisthenics movements are the most efficient exercises possible, because they work the body as it evolved to work; not by using individual muscles, or the portions of a muscle, but as an integrated unit.
    Last edited by UltimateAeroSSC; 06-17-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Originally Posted by UltimateAeroSSC View Post
    Correct bodyweight training my friend, the book is about progressive calisthenics and not cheap 1000 reps a day pushups. I don't consider someone doing one arm chin ups weak, do you?

Come at me

UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Correct bodyweight training my friend, the book is about progressive calisthenics and not cheap 1000 reps a day pushups. I don't consider someone doing one arm chin ups weak, do you?

Come at me
    Doesn't matter if it's "correct" or "incorrect" bodyweight training, now does it? Frankly I'm a little saddened by your lack of intelligence. I can troll better than you can even dream of so it's a little disheartening seeing one of your own fail to such a magnitude.

Here's an idea. How about either

A) Get in ****ing shape

or

B) Lrn2troll

I've seen 10 year olds do better then you. In fact, you aren't even funny. At least cover up your flaws or something. There's so many contradictions in your posts it's not even worth mentioning. lolol@ ur attempt to troll. U bad dawg.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure how you can compare BW and weightlifting...
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by UltimateAeroSSC View Post
    Doesn't matter if it's "correct" or "incorrect" bodyweight training, now does it? Frankly I'm a little saddened by your lack of intelligence. I can troll better than you can even dream of so it's a little disheartening seeing one of your own fail to such a magnitude.

Here's an idea. How about either

A) Get in ****ing shape

or

B) Lrn2troll

I've seen 10 year olds do better then you. In fact, you aren't even funny. At least cover up your flaws or something. There's so many contradictions in your posts it's not even worth mentioning. lolol@ ur attempt to troll. U bad dawg.
    5'4 128 pounds.

Come at me

Never said they weren't herp de derp derp
    "calishthenics are superior to weights"

herp to the derp herpity derpity derp