Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tgo007 View Post
    If 12 eggs a day is okay, how bout 24 eggs a day? 36? At some point, you can have too much of anything.

I have no clue if 12 a day is good long term. I think the better decision would be to eat a more balanced diet. Replace some of those eggs with whey, meat, cottage cheese,
    Or how about 48 eggs a day?

Seriously, without knowing his total calories per day, how can you say anything at all? Of course you have no clue if 12 a day is good because your diet is not the same as his or anyone else's. Currently, I'm ranging a 2000 diet with 6 eggs a day. Does that mean someone on a 4000 diet isn't allowed 12?

It is ill logic like yours that brings people to think up lame ideas like comparing five 500 calories meals a day vs one 2500 calorie meal a day vs one 5000 calorie meal every other day and still think they are being intelligent.

Just sayin'...
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    I'm not saying to go crazy on eggs, but at 20-25g of protein per egg, that is a great deal considering I pay $1 per dozen. If I were to neglect the fat content, I'd be getting my daily protein needs $0.66 a day if I were to only ever eat eggs for my protein.

Just sayin'.

But really, not everyone reacts to eggs the same way. Cholesterol may not be the primary issue for most people, but fat might be. Especially considering your other daily fat intake. Sure, eating 5 eggs may seem great, but if you're drinking bacon fat along side it, then maybe not so. You can't base your daily diet on one food item alone.
    What kinda eggs you eatin that have 20-25g in ONE? Mis-type?

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Woah. Really tired last night and didn't realize I made such a big mistake. 6-8g protein per egg, $1 per dozen, about 72-96g for just $1. Still big...
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

UKDudeinUSA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old thread but felt I should post my experiences...

I'm 31, 6'3" and 182lbs and focus solely on calisthenics, specifically at the moment following Convict Conditioning because I like the progression and the satisfaction bodyweight exercise gives me.

As far as nutrition goes I am limited due to food sensitivities. Specifically I have to avoid dairy, wheat, small seeded fruits, chocolate and anything with MSG in (a lot of food). While this helps me to keep my diet clean and healthy, it really limits me when trying to bulk.

Being able to eat eggs is a relief and I eat a lot of them to get my protein. I have been eating between 8 and 14 large eggs a day, cooked in various ways, for over a year and have had two blood tests in that time, neither showing anything other than normal. Sure I always come up against people who are set in the mindset that the cholesterol will kill me but I remind myself that there are people out there who are morbidly obese, eat buckets of greasy chicken all day and are still walking around.

I feel good and my body is reacting positively. That's all that matters to me.

Eggs are goooood! (Oh and cheap!)
    Last edited by UKDudeinUSA; 06-03-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Forgot my age lol

mikegyver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat eggs around 3 days a week with 6 eggs each of those days. Cholesterol has been fine. I rotate between other protein sources but eggs have done well for me

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Tempted.
    Eat the damn yolk.

mwaggie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    really don't understand why this was resurrected.

mapierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mikegyver View Post
    I eat eggs around 3 days a week with 6 eggs each of those days. Cholesterol has been fine. I rotate between other protein sources but eggs have done well for me
    Fact: So, eggs are not bad then? To anyone bashing eggs w/o researching 1st!

Not so fast. There happens to be a problem with the AHA's recommendation. It assumes that when you eat more cholesterol (from eggs and other animal foods), your blood cholesterol increases.

Assume that and, of course, it makes sense to eat fewer eggs. Your blood cholesterol would be lower. Your heart and arteries would stay healthier for longer.

But here's the AHA's dirty little secret: Your body doesn't work that way.

Indeed, the research consistently and reliably shows that the cholesterol you eat has very little impact on how much cholesterol is in your blood.

If that sounds weird, maybe this will help...

You see, your body makes cholesterol. Lots of it, in fact. Every single day you produce between 1 and 2 grams of it on your own. (That's 5-10 times the cholesterol in a large egg.)

I do manual labor Mostly landscaping mon-sat 50h/week. On top of this I work out heavy every day
    60min of cardio (either spin or just treadmill/elliptical)
    30mins of abs/core mostly using TRX cables.
    20-30mins of legs light lunges & squats.
    Then 30mins of my day/muscle doing isolated heavy lifting.

This is my routine every day mon-sat: sunday off. Hight 6' Weight 210, 15% BF, 36" waist, 18" bicep/tricep. I eat about 2500-3,000 cal/day and i still have trouble gaining mass. For past few weeks i have been eating 5eggs & 3cups milk for breakfast. I eat about 20oz of Boiled chix breast or canned tuna through out the day.
    When home from gym Protein shake (1pack oatmeal, 2oz berry, 1 banana, 1/2cup yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup juice, 1scoop protein) then i make 12eggs with spinach 2 peaces wheat toast dry, 2 glasses of milk (About 6cups) then later il have a bowel of cereal (Plane corn flakes) and water intake is about 8 - 12oz bottles/day.
    My diet also includes recommended doses of BCAA, Glutamate, Amino 2000 & Creatine. After eating all that i do not feel bloated or lazy either, could still eat...

My post is backing up eggs are good for you but also looking for recommendations on some bulking according to my diet. I haven't noticed anything drastic from weight gain/mass and strength gain is normal, adding about 5lbs/week on my sets.

Eggs are good & thanks for tips in advanced.

Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leo520 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dont worry
    after a few weeks you will quit I bet
    Last edited by Leo520; 06-05-2014 at 09:12 PM.

UKDudeinUSA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm far from being an expert, but with 50hours of manual labor each week PLUS lifting, why would you only give yourself one rest day?

BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrandonGranger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cholesterol is not bad for you. It has been shown to increase testosterone levels in men. You guys must be afraid of everything. Eat 12 whole eggs a day and get a check up twice a year for some peace of mind.

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2010 thread.

Please read the date before bumping an old thread.
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke

Schizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm new here, so please forgive me if I make an etiquette mistake. I just started bodybuilding for mass and sculpting and I upped to a dozen eggs a day recently, and it makes all the difference in the world. I generally eat only beef and eggs (1 carb meal every few days) and I noticed a significant loss in strength after about a month. I upped to 12-18 eggs a day and I noticed a significant difference. In part I think it's because eggs have small amounts of carbohydrates (Necessary when you lift, even on low carb) but I also feel like the protein source in general is a lot better than most other protein sources. A dozen eggs is about 72g of animal protein and it probably gets absorbed quickly since the body doesn't require much effort to break it down. I'm obviously no expert.

An easy way to cook up and eat a dozen eggs: Blend a dozen of them with any 0 calorie seasoning and 1 tbsp of vinegar (Keeps it from rising.) Pour into a square shaped pan with a 4 inch or higher side (Important) and microwave for about 12-14 minutes. Should come out perfect aside from air pockets in the middle. You can then break it up and put some butter, hot sauce or any kinda meat you want in there. Really probably the most powerful breakfast you can eat. Or at any time of day. But again this is just me and I'm clearly not everybody.