Closed Thread
Page 298 of 340 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,940 of 10198
    Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zeddo View Post
    Hey Ryan, sorry if this question has been answered before (if anyone else knows the answer feel free to clue me in). I just completed my first macrocycle (as in, 4 weeks/ microcycles if im not mistaken). I definitely am stronger than when i started, should i increase all of my weights this new macrocycle by 10%?
    Calculate new 1RM based on the numbers you've collected from your first macro.
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lllDBOlll View Post
    Calculate new 1RM based on the numbers you've collected from your first macro.
    Ah, should've guessed that cheers

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SpinnyImpom View Post
    SPAM
    Are these Uggs good for squating or better for deadlifts?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rbmedic75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zeddo View Post
    Hey Ryan, sorry if this question has been answered before (if anyone else knows the answer feel free to clue me in). I just completed my first macrocycle (as in, 4 weeks/ microcycles if im not mistaken). I definitely am stronger than when i started, should i increase all of my weights this new macrocycle by 10%?
    According to his EBook it depends? Did you complete the full sets and reps and what was your AMRAP on those excercises? was it more than the Reps required from your Sets? If so then probably time to increase the weight for your next Macro. If you do move your weight for the new Macro he suggest that you calculate your new 1RPM from avg your lifts of the 3rd and 4th micro's

koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would there be any hope of doing the gst program if you only had 45 min to workout??

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by koltonb View Post
    would there be any hope of doing the gst program if you only had 45 min to workout??
    Kolton,

Yes, there is definitely hope for that You'd have to get in the gym, get down to business, and perform the lowest optional number of supplement lift sets. It would basically just come down to getting down to business, like a man on a mission.

You should be fine though,

Ryan
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Kolton,

Yes, there is definitely hope for that You'd have to get in the gym, get down to business, and perform the lowest optional number of supplement lift sets. It would basically just come down to getting down to business, like a man on a mission.

You should be fine though,

Ryan
    Ive got a fair amount of freeweights and a powercage at work, but im wanting to to a different workout right now i dont have a real routine i just do certain muscle groups on certain days. Im also no really getting any stronger like i was. My problem is time, i dont have any extra, is it also possible to split the workouts into two halves, maybe one in the morning and one in the middle of the day?

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive got a fair amount of freeweights and a powercage at work, but im wanting to to a different workout right now i dont have a real routine i just do certain muscle groups on certain days. Im also no really getting any stronger like i was. My problem is time, i dont have any extra, is it also possible to split the workouts into two halves, maybe one in the morning and one in the middle of the day?
    That is unconventional, but it will work, yes. I honestly don't have a problem with you doing that, and I don't see it reducing your results either. You'll probably do very well with it, as you won't have the exhaustion effect that happens when performing multiple exercises in a row. The movements toward the end of the workout become weak. You will not run into that problem.

That is unconventional, but it will work, yes. I honestly don't have a problem with you doing that, and I don't see it reducing your results either. You'll probably do very well with it, as you won't have the exhaustion effect that happens when performing multiple exercises in a row. The movements toward the end of the workout become weak. You will not run into that problem.
    I know you have probably answered this before but, doing the GST program normally how much time is in between lifts, and how much does each lift day generally take, if done like its designed? I just want to know that this is not one of those cardio built in workouts because like you mentioned in your last reply, i get winded then i cant lift as much. And one last question, i have been doin chest really early in the morning starting at 500 am, and dont really feel as strong, is this in my head or is there anything to that?

I know you have probably answered this before but, doing the GST program normally how much time is in between lifts
    This really depends on the person and their level of conditioning. The more conditioned they are, the shorter they'll rest in general. However, no matter how conditioned a person is, they will still follow some relative guidelines. The heavier the weight being lifted, the longer they'll rest between sets. GST has light, medium, and heavy days. The rest periods can vary anywhere from 1-5 minutes.

how much does each lift day generally take, if done like its designed?
    45 minutes at the minimum, 75 minutes at the maximum. If you take longer than 75 minutes, you're taking your time.

I just want to know that this is not one of those cardio built in workouts because like you mentioned in your last reply, i get winded then i cant lift as much.
    If you get so winded from a training set that you can't lift much the next set, you need to work on your conditioning with some cardio. GST will help build that up with the high rep days, but taking advantage of the GST cardio recommendations will aid you too.

And one last question, i have been doin chest really early in the morning starting at 500 am, and dont really feel as strong, is this in my head or is there anything to that?
    I personally feel that fasted training is a mistake. Unless you're getting up around 330am and eating a pre workout meal, I don't recommend waking up and lifting on an empty stomach. It can definitely zap your mentality and strength levels, yes.
    See Bold.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know you have probably answered this before but, doing the GST program normally how much time is in between lifts, and how much does each lift day generally take, if done like its designed? I just want to know that this is not one of those cardio built in workouts because like you mentioned in your last reply, i get winded then i cant lift as much. And one last question, i have been doin chest really early in the morning starting at 500 am, and dont really feel as strong, is this in my head or is there anything to that?
    4 min btween core, 2 min between supps. I lift mornings at 5:30 and end @ 6:15/20. 45-50 min. You can do it. Im getting great results and wouldn't make any changes.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

cubfantn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started gst this week with the plan made by ryan with the purchase of his ebook. It has definately met my expectations. 20 rep sets on romanian deadlift was killer on lift day. 20 rep sets of bodyweight dips after inc press and db overhead press was no joke as well. Looking forward to some total body complexes and lots of recovery tomorrow.

Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just ordered the ebook. Can't wait to dive into it and get started. Been working out the past year getting moderate gains. Went from 215 of flab to 185 of minor flab to mostly muscle and have had great gains. Need to start keeping a log and track of what I'm doing and this program looks right up my alley. Sick of wandering the gym looking silly guess as to what I should do next. Thanks for all the great info here and look forward to getting a program started!!!
    Last edited by Drufeus; 12-06-2011 at 09:47 PM.

dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvlad99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlifts

What is the best way to deadlift. Ive seen many people slam the weight to the floor after every set almost letting go of the bar. I was taught to not let the bar even hit the floor that way your always putting a strain on your back hams glutes etc. What is your opinion. Let the weight slam and almost relieve the strain, let the weight touch to go all the way but not let it go or dont let it touch at all.

thanks

See Bold.
    i appreciate the advice.

MWC's very own Leonidas jcranston's Avatar
    jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dvlad99 View Post
    What is the best way to deadlift. Ive seen many people slam the weight to the floor after every set almost letting go of the bar. I was taught to not let the bar even hit the floor that way your always putting a strain on your back hams glutes etc. What is your opinion. Let the weight slam and almost relieve the strain, let the weight touch to go all the way but not let it go or dont let it touch at all.

thanks
    Touch and go or slow controlled decent with a complete stop(hence the dead part of deadlift). If I understand it correctly, the Romanian is where you only go half-calf and then back to the start position. I wouldn't slam the weight to the floor, sounds like the weight is too heavy or bad form or both.
    Current training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160498161

ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghost1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is what i am thinking of starting at the end of the month.
    sorry for such a long thing.
    GST workout
    Day 1: Squat
    Warm up: squats and vertical jump 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: squat 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Supplement: Leg Ext 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: DB Lunge 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Single Leg Press 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Abs: Army Sit-ups 3-4 sets x max reps
    Day 2: OFF, fast paced 2-3 sets x max (Army Sit-ups and Pushups)
    Day 3: Press
    Warm up: bench and pushups 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: bench 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Supplement: Pushups 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Incline DB Press 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Military DB Press 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Abs: Crunches 3-4 sets x max reps
    Day 4: OFF, Jogging.
    Day 5: Lift
    Warm up: light dead lift and good morning no weight 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: Dead Lift 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Supplement: Leg Curl 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Reverse Crunch 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: hyperextension 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Day 6: OFF, fast paced 2-3 sets x max (Army Sit-ups and Pushups)
    Day 7: Pull
    Warm up: light Self Braced DB row and assisted pull-up 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: Self Braced DB row 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Supplement: Medium Grip Lat Pull down 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Close Grip Lat Pull down 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Bar Curl 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Day 8: OFF, Jogging.
    Day 9: Repeat Day 1

Originally Posted by dvlad99 View Post

thanks
    I prefer an explosive lift, a controlled lowering of the weight. I always recommend touching the weight down to the floor to 'let the floor take the hit' and reverse the motion of the barbell. I don't prefer a dead stop and reset between reps. I prefer more of a touch and go approach. Not a bounce though, as that doesn't really allow for a focus on form.

My main points:

1. Lift explosively with focus on form, 1-2 seconds on the way up.
    2. Lower controlled with a focus on form, 1-2 seconds on the way down.
    3. Let the weight touch the floor briefly before pulling the next rep.

I suppose I just coulda posted this and said nothing, haha:

Originally Posted by jcranston View Post
    Touch and go or slow controlled decent with a complete stop(hence the dead part of deadlift). If I understand it correctly, the Romanian is where you only go half-calf and then back to the start position. I wouldn't slam the weight to the floor, sounds like the weight is too heavy or bad form or both.
    The romanian is not always stopped short of touching the weights to the floor. The only reason that you'll want to stop short of the floor during an RDL is if you don't have the flexibility to allow the weights to actually reach the floor. If you have the flexibility, touch the floor with the weights. If you don't have the flexibility, you will after a few weeks of RDL sets

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The romanian is not always stopped short of touching the weights to the floor. The only reason that you'll want to stop short of the floor during an RDL is if you don't have the flexibility to allow the weights to actually reach the floor. If you have the flexibility, touch the floor with the weights. If you don't have the flexibility, you will after a few weeks of RDL sets
    Aye, RDL's are meant to hit the hams and hit them hard. If you can get the weight to the floor then you are gunna get one hell of a ham stretch!
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

Originally Posted by lllDBOlll View Post
    Aye, RDL's are meant to hit the hams and hit them hard. If you can get the weight to the floor then you are gunna get one hell of a ham stretch!
    If you can't get the weight to the floor, you aren't that flexible. I hit the floor and have many clients that have to elevate their feet to go 'through the floor' in essence.

Remember, RDL's are meant to have some knee bend as well. I never advise performing any movement with locked knees. IMO, straight legged deadlifts are a disaster waiting to happen.

jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jcranston has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Confusing vids are watched are confusing I guess. So a Romanian should be performed like a stiff legged but with some knee bend? I watched a couple vids and they all looked like a conventional deadlift except they started from the top and only went half-calf.
    Current training log:

Originally Posted by jcranston View Post
    Confusing vids are watched are confusing I guess. So a Romanian should be performed like a stiff legged but with some knee bend? I watched a couple vids and they all looked like a conventional deadlift except they started from the top and only went half-calf.
    Post the vids sir.

Originally Posted by ghost1986 View Post
    this is what i am thinking of starting at the end of the month.
    sorry for such a long thing.
    GST workout
    Day 1: Squat
    Warm up: squats and vertical jump 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: squat 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Your core life set/rep scheme isn't GST. You should be altering your sets/reps based on the core guidelines listed in the first few pages of this thread.
    Supplement: Leg Ext 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    I don't recommend opening with extensions.
    Supplement: DB Lunge 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Single Leg Press 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Day 2: OFF, fast paced 2-3 sets x max (Army Sit-ups and Pushups)
    Is this to maintain your testing ability for the Army?
    Day 3: Press
    Warm up: bench and pushups 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: bench 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Supplement: Pushups 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    I don't recommend pushups as an opener supplement lift. Pick a 'bigger' movement like the incline bench press or dips.
    Supplement: Incline DB Press 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Military DB Press 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Abs: Crunches 3-4 sets x max reps
    Max reps because of the testing?
    Day 4: OFF, Jogging.
    Day 5: Lift
    Warm up: light dead lift and good morning no weight 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: Dead Lift 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Supplement: Leg Curl 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Reverse Crunch 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: hyperextension 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Day 6: OFF, fast paced 2-3 sets x max (Army Sit-ups and Pushups)
    Day 7: Pull
    Warm up: light Self Braced DB row and assisted pull-up 2-3 sets x 6-8 reps
    Core: Self Braced DB row 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Supplement: Medium Grip Lat Pull down 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Close Grip Lat Pull down 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Supplement: Bar Curl 2-3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Day 8: OFF, Jogging.
    Day 9: Repeat Day 1
    You've got a decent routine lined up here, but I fear that you aren't aware of important GST concepts. Are you aware of the rotating set/rep schemes of the supplement lifts? Are you aware of the core lift progressions?

Also, very importantly, have you read Micro 0? Micro 0 is a free introduction on how to start GST correctly. Read it here: www.growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf

All in all, thanks for posting and taking an interest in GST. I appreciate it very much,

Ryan

I'm looking for them, I see one I think I watched but after the discussion above I realize that at least in this video I didn't pay attention to the bend of her knees. She is definitely doing as described by 2020. Will adjust on Monday!
    Current training log:

SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAfriBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Ryan

Looking at starting GST from tomorrow.
    Have been training for quite some time and lately i have been looking for a good program to follow.

Looks like i found it!!!!
    Read through the first 5-6 pages of this thread.

Thoughts??

Week 1
    Incline BB Press 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Flat DB Press 3-4 8 x 10
    Dips 3-4 8 x 10

Week 1
    BB Back Squats 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Low & Close Press 3-4 8 x 10
    High & Wide Press 3-4 8 x 10

Week 1
    Pull Up 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Flat Bend DB Row 3-4 8 x 10
    Close Grip Lat Pulldown 3-4 8 x 10

Week 1
    BB Deadlift 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Hyperextensions 3-4 8 x 10
    Lying Leg Curl 3-4 8 x 10

How does this look?
    Should i add a third Supp?
    True Story Brah

Originally Posted by SAfriBrah View Post
    Hey Ryan

Looking at starting GST from tomorrow.
    Have been training for quite some time and lately i have been looking for a good program to follow.

Looks like i found it!!!!
    Read through the first 5-6 pages of this thread.

Thoughts??

Week 1
    Incline BB Press 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Flat DB Press 3-4 8 x 10
    Dips 3-4 8 x 10

Week 1
    BB Back Squats 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Low & Close Press 3-4 8 x 10
    High & Wide Press 3-4 8 x 10

Week 1
    Pull Up 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Flat Bend DB Row 3-4 8 x 10
    Close Grip Lat Pulldown 3-4 8 x 10

Week 1
    BB Deadlift 2 x 8 1xAMRAP
    Hyperextensions 3-4 8 x 10
    Lying Leg Curl 3-4 8 x 10

How does this look?
    Should i add a third Supp?
    Safri,

You've got the AMRAP in the proper position, you've got one of the correct supplement schemes in play, but I don't recommend starting off your GST program in the 8-12 rep range. You have exercises chosen that will be effective as well. Since you have two supplements, I would recommend changing those hyperextensions to another deadlift variation or a good morning, basically just a 'bigger' movement. Also, I don't recommend two leg press variations in one training session. Try to get some lunges in there instead of the high and wide leg press. Stationary lunges will do.

Make those changes and you've got yourself a great beginner GST program. One thing that is going to be a must for you is to start off correctly. This thread does not explain how, but this free publication does: www.growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf. Micro 0 is a book I wrote to start GST correctly. Read it and let it guide you through Microcycle 0.

You can make your decision on a 3rd supplement based on how Micro 0 feels. I will tell you that when I design free programs for my GST book customers, I always include 3 supplements....sometimes 4.

Thanks again Safri,

Ryan

Today's Workout Clips

miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000) miabullitt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would the program allow one that is in a caloric deficit to progress in both strength and gains in muscle density?
    * Ron Paul - 2012 *

I rape back 1k+

Future Misc MD

My GST log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141353181&p=824958521#post824958521

EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Today's Workout Clips

Sweet vid Ryan. It would be sick to train with you
    What we do in life...echoes in eternity.

My sponsored Ergotest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142188761&p=829834941#post829834941

Closed Thread
Page 298 of 340 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 ... LastLast