Closed Thread
Page 283 of 336 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,490 of 10051
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    lol'd hard at this gif, not the situation. Hope you get a quick response.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    posted a thread there, hopefully I'll get some help.. freaking out a little lol

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post

**** that's dope consumer service.

outside of apparent industry presence, is that message board good for nerdy bants about guitars? been browsing r/guitar on reddit and half the topics are jerking off over a new PRS or Fender tele.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    that's so ****ing unlucky. and here I thought only Gibson necks snapped like that
    tbh I was an idiot, my whole jam area is a mess of cables and guitar chit everywhere.. I should have unplugged the guitar when I put it away.. but it just had to happen to this fuking guitar and not my ibanez or fuking jackson warrior lol

lol'd hard at this gif, not the situation. Hope you get a quick response.
    Damn man, so glad you told me to post there.. Got a pm from them saying they will make me a new neck and fix it for free (they will even pay for shipping).. Can't believe a company this good actually exists, I kind of feel bad and want to pay something since it was my retardedness lol..

This was the solo I recorded before it broke.. Didn't like that take so set the guitar down to chill a bit and re-record after.. That didn't happen lol, had to use a chitty version..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiyCY4yLz00

Damn man, so glad you told me to post there.. Got a pm from them saying they will make me a new neck and fix it for free (they will even pay for shipping).. Can't believe a company this good actually exists, I kind of feel bad and want to pay something since it was my retardedness lol..
    Glad it's getting sorted out. Getting a personal reply in 2 hours from the CEO late on a Friday night FTW. It doesn't get any better than that. And forget guitars... any business.

I've said it before, John's a class act. Not only does he know more about guitar and amp building than anyone I can think of he genuinely cares about his customers.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don’t lean your phukking suhr against a table like that, *******

edit: don’t put your phukking suhr on a guitar stand entangled with cables and then suddenly stand up with the cables around your leg, *******

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    Don’t lean your phukking suhr against a table like that, *******

edit: don’t put your phukking suhr on a guitar stand entangled with cables and then suddenly stand up with the cables around your leg, *******
    wtf where is it leaned against a table?
    But I deserve that, I just got cocky after never having an incident with any guitar.. Hell of a lesson to learn with a Suhr fuuark

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wtf where is it leaned against a table?
    But I deserve that, I just got cocky after never having an incident with any guitar.. Hell of a lesson to learn with a Suhr fuuark
    clearly that's why I added the edit, suhr-destroyer

lol

Could happen to anyone. Late at night, tired, in a hurry to record stuff increases the risk of fking up. And of course the more you play the thing vs. leaving it in a case.

The real story here is they're taking care of you. I like Ibanez but if I'm spending $2k+ on a guitar I like the idea you can talk to the builder when something goes wrong. Great company.

Could happen to anyone. Late at night, tired, in a hurry to record stuff increases the risk of fking up. And of course the more you play the thing vs. leaving it in a case.

The real story here is they're taking care of you. I like Ibanez but if I'm spending $2k+ on a guitar I like the idea you can talk to the builder when something goes wrong. Great company.
    My new OM-28 spends 90% of its life in a case with two humidifiers. And then in placed a hyperbaric chamber, hermetically sealed off from the grubby hands of suhr-destroyers.

My new OM-28 spends 90% of its life in a case with two humidifiers. And then in placed a hyperbaric chamber, hermetically sealed off from the grubby hands of suhr-destroyers.
    Ho Lee Fuk mang that's a $5000 guitar on this island. How's it sound?

Ho Lee Fuk mang that's a $5000 guitar on this island. How's it sound?
    $5000?!?!
    Good grief, what do the Authentic models go for?

The sound is a step above what I was previously accustomed to, the ceiling for tone that one can wring out of the guitar is just higher. Also surprising is the amount of volume and bass coming from such a small body shape. I compared it to that Taylor 714ce (which is still in my possession but will returned soon). The Taylor has it's own qualities - first and foremost the playability of the Taylor is almost as easy an electric. But the tone is just not on the level of the OM28.

I did make the mistake of comparing it to a Martin OM28 with the VTS top - that torrefication process really does seem to work. The VTS model sounded very similar - but just better in like every way that an aged guitar would sound. I'd have to pony up another grand or so to get one with the VTS top and I decided to just stop the madness and be happy with what I have. Getting a Suhr Modern Pro and a Martin OM28 is reaching a point of over-extravagance and it's time to stahp.
    Last edited by rollerball; 01-12-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Getting a Suhr Modern Pro and a Martin OM28 is reaching a point of over-extravagance and it's time to stahp.
    I guess the only thing left is picking up a decent condenser or ribbon mic to record the Martin or a couple of them for Blumlein pair micing (stereo).

I guess the only thing left is picking up a decent condenser or ribbon mic to record the Martin or a couple of them for Blumlein pair micing (stereo).
    I actually did start looking into mics - good grief that is a world of red hot madness that I want to avoid.

I actually did start looking into mics - good grief that is a world of red hot madness that I want to avoid.
    I hear you. That's another rabbit hole where cork sniffing the likes of Neumann and Royer could send you broke.

I hear you. That's another rabbit hole where cork sniffing the likes of Neumann and Royer could send you broke.
    That's what I'm afraid of. I tend to get a bit obsessed when I buy musical gear and I suspect I would cork sniff myself right into debt.

Received a message from Suhr himself, told me Okoume is really fragile when dropped and they were most likely gonna make it a new african mahogany neck. Gonna weigh more but I don't give a fuk, I like mahogany necks.. Plus it's technically a custom shop now lol

Received a message from Suhr himself, told me Okoume is really fragile when dropped and they were most likely gonna make it a new african mahogany neck. Gonna weigh more but I don't give a fuk, I like mahogany necks.. Plus it's technically a custom shop now lol
    phukk, I need to wantonly destroy my suhr neck too and see if they'll make me a new one with roasted maple for free.

That's what I'm afraid of. I tend to get a bit obsessed when I buy musical gear and I suspect I would cork sniff myself right into debt.
    There are some solid affordable choices out there but it'd probably take a couple of weeks of trial and error taking a few home, testing them, returning the duds, etc. With an acoustic instrument as you know a huge part of it is the room so cheap mics in a nice room with a little experimenting will probably get you there.

I played a gig once in a 1500 seat concert hall here and I'll never forget the initial feeling at the soundcheck. Every instrument sounded 100x better. I used a Fender Twin which at least the way I had it set up with a lot of gain sounded like thin compressed garbage in a normal room but on that stage each note reverberated and soared over everything.

Swim I just checked your thread. Someone said "Never seen a non-tilt back headstock break. Wow." That got me thinking. Modern Satin neck is okoume (similar to mahogany) which theoretically would make it weaker than hard maple. Shear strength: hard maple 2340 psi; okoume 856 psi. Something to keep in mind as all the experts chime in trying to figure out how it happened.

Yeah I think trying to test out different mics would be a frustrating endeavor for me as I don't necessarily trust the consistency of my ear from one day to the next.

Pete Thorn's signature Suhr has a mahogany neck. Not getting into the whole tonewood debate but that guy is an absolute tone nut with a great ear for dialing in sounds so there's got to be a reason why he chose it over maple.

When I changed necks on my Ibanez, I had the same pickups, same amp settings, both have a locking nut, nothing changed but the neck, and there was a difference in the sound. It was like going from an LP to a 335. Both are quartersawn maple but one is a lot thicker and roasted with a big slab of ebony on it. I mean 2/3 of the strings' length is running over nothing but the neck so it shouldn't be a surprise that it could have an impact on how they vibrate. Anyway just something I noticed.

Pete Thorn's signature Suhr has a mahogany neck. Not getting into the whole tonewood debate but that guy is an absolute tone nut with a great ear for dialing in sounds so there's got to be a reason why he chose it over maple.

When I changed necks on my Ibanez, I had the same pickups, same amp settings, both have a locking nut, nothing changed but the neck, and there was a difference in the sound. It was like going from an LP to a 335. Both are quartersawn maple but one is a lot thicker and roasted with a big slab of ebony on it. I mean 2/3 of the strings' length is running over nothing but the neck so it shouldn't be a surprise that it could have an impact on how they vibrate. Anyway just something I noticed.
    Sounds good, i'm just happy for what they offered to do..
    I'm back to playing with my Schecter now, feels weird but I missed it.. Completely different feel and sound, and I hate the EMG pick ups, all the tones I made with the Suhr sound like horsechit with the schecter but better than nothing..

SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000) SicKunt68 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He boyos,

I'm sure this question has been asked many time, but i didnt see anything on the front page.

Can anyone recommend a beginner guitar? Played a little growing up, but the guitars were my dad's. I'm looking to get back into it.

Thanks in advance
    (ツ) || AP4C

Sounds good, i'm just happy for what they offered to do..
    If you told someone the CEO of a company personally replied late on a Friday night not to mention how he's resolving it for you... still seems surreal.

I'm back to playing with my Schecter now, feels weird but I missed it.. Completely different feel and sound, and I hate the EMG pick ups, all the tones I made with the Suhr sound like horsechit with the schecter but better than nothing..
    It's nice you've got a backup and probably makes you appreciate the Suhr even more. It's easy to sometimes take all this stuff for granted so it's good to reflect on it. There are a lot of people on that forum who spend all day nitpicking gear losing sight of how good they've got it these days.

I still remember being a broke ass kid with this poster on my wall and obsessed over that Ibanez for years. One day I could finally afford one and last year I turned it into a guitar I genuinely put down every single time feeling privileged to play it as if someone built me my own sig model. Not trying to get too deep here but you've got to appreciate this stuff.

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SicKunt68 View Post
    He boyos,

I'm sure this question has been asked many time, but i didnt see anything on the front page.

Can anyone recommend a beginner guitar? Played a little growing up, but the guitars were my dad's. I'm looking to get back into it.

Thanks in advance
    Squiers (Fender's affordable brand) offer you serious bang for your buck. Played an used $100 Bullet Mustang at a Guitar Center today and it honestly played just as well as guitars worth several times that. I also have an Affinity that plays great too. Go to a store and figure out which one seems to fit you better and inspire you to play. Even new, the price is very reasonable and you can probably get a free setup with the purchase.

E: right now I actually regret not buying that Mustang rofl, I was talking to this guy about maybe buying a MIJ Jagmaster and now I'm like, wtf I could've just bought the Mustang and spent the difference to upgrade the hardware to my taste.
    Last edited by VTheKing; 01-12-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    Go Canucks Go!

If you told someone the CEO of a company personally replied late on a Friday night not to mention how he's resolving it for you... still seems surreal.
    yeah, I'm kinda shocked at just how much customer service that company is willing to dole out to suhr-destroyer.

portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah, I'm kinda shocked at just how much customer service that company is willing to dole out to suhr-destroyer.
    how is your suhr??
    ★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    ★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2014 Thread Crew ★★★
    ┏(-_-)┛I was part of the Ultra 2015 Thread Crew┗(-_- )┓
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)

Big Wreck Crew

Originally Posted by portamoral View Post
    how is your suhr??
    It's nice and safe in its case, with a perfectly intact, matching flame maple headstock. Thanks for asking, bruh.

Lol, I totally love it but I think I'm a bit too cautious when playing the instrument - I'm still getting used to playing an electric guitar with that sort of price tag.

fak thought my GAS was under control but I saw one of my dream superstrats for a deal and I couldn't resist. granted this JP6 is on the no frills side but who cares.

bloke who sold it is a luthier who set it up to perfection and threw in a Tremol-no for free. shieeet. ****in best neck ever. $750/1000 CAD well spent
    Go Canucks Go!

Closed Thread
Page 283 of 336 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 ... LastLast