Page 270 of 280 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,100 of 8391
    MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BankWalker View Post
    I read the book and stopped the daily drinking in mid October last year. For over two months I had nothing at all. Then around the New Year holiday I drank moderately on a long weekend beach trip....then went home and carried on as I was ...with no alcohol at all. I felt no desire to keep on drinking.. but I did regret breaking my streak. Then I abstained another 8-10 weeks and drank moderately on a cruise in the middle of this month. After the cruise my sleep was messed up for a few days...but I went right back on the sober train. This is actually the life that I wanted back. I wanted to put down the nightly destructive habit.. yet go back to the way I was before I became dependent. I realize that some people cannot do this. If you're one of those people that fall off the wagon and binge hard ...I highly suggest that you remain abstinent.
    I agree with this.

Anyway, I am trying to cut down. I work abroad and my last gig was in a sub Saharan African piece of chit boring place. I was drinking about 6 to 8 beers on friday, saturday and sunday, every week. Therefore approx the equivalent of a 24 every week end, nothing during the week. Perhaps not that much considering other stories posted here but it was too damn much for me.

Now I plan on stopping the drinking on sundays. I will start with this and limiting myself to the equivalent of approx 8 to 10 beers a week.
    Miscing since 2006; miscing until I'm dead.

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been absent from this thread for quite awhile. It was nice to read through here and see some success stories and I hope you are all still sober today. It's been approximately 2 1/2 years for me now since my last drink. These past few months were a challenge for me but I continued to keep playing the tape the entire way through and made it through what was a very hard couple of months emotionally and physically.

Keep up the great work everybody!! And for those needing to take that first step it can be done. Being here and looking at a 3 year marker in my near future is something I didn't think I'd ever be able to say. In fact for most of the time I didn't think it would even be necessary since I didn't have a problem I was wrong. I did. My wife and I had a long talk about it the other day. Turns out at the time I had just no clue at how far we were really drifting apart. There's a very real chance that giving up alcohol saved my family.

Stay strong. Don't let this crap control your life. You'll feel better and stronger in the long run for just walking away.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just wanted to drop in and say hi. Its been a while, but I still visit without actually posting. I just want to say that even if you decide to pick up a drink again, don't let pride and ego keep you from coming back to any recovery option and try again. I had seven years and decided to drink again. I came back and am even on a longer stretch this time. I used to volunteer at a rehab center and I watched people not be able to make it back for whatever reason. Stay strong.
    Expect Nothing
    Never Be Disappointed

SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SightSeeker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sunday is 6 weeks since I quit my everyday routine . Had 2 slips. One was a weekend golf trip and the other was just a random Saturday. Felt like crap the next day after the last one. Tolerance must have gone down. Anyway all that did was make me strong again. Feeling determined going into the weekend which is the hardest part.

I'm not in AA so I don't have to start over each time I'm sticking with 6 weeks and 2 slips.

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SightSeeker View Post
    Sunday is 6 weeks since I quit my everyday routine . Had 2 slips. One was a weekend golf trip and the other was just a random Saturday. Felt like crap the next day after the last one. Tolerance must have gone down. Anyway all that did was make me strong again. Feeling determined going into the weekend which is the hardest part.

I'm not in AA so I don't have to start over each time I'm sticking with 6 weeks and 2 slips.
    This is the way I look at it too. AA isn't for everyone. I've been free from daily drinking for over 6 months. I don't consider the handful of times that I've drank slip ups, because I planned it. I have noticed that when I have had even a few beers that I feel groggy the next day or two. I think that just proves that I felt bad all the time when I drank daily and I didn't even realize it. Press on.. 2 times in 6 months is not a bad thing.

BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Knickerbocker21 View Post
    Used to post in this thread. Stopped drinking for a few months and started up again. Been about a year and a half since I started drinking again and was too embarrassed to come back to this thread. Well here I am again. I need to stop for my well being. This thread helped keep me accountable so gonna start posting here again.
    welcome back!

BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wink

Hello everyone!Hope all is well. Stay strong and sober folks.

Originally Posted by LadyLore420 View Post
    Stop typing, go friggin lift. Get out the gym and lift. If you see a beer bottle empty or full, pick it up and throw it at something. Worth it.
    well said!

MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trying to cut back on drinking... Proud to say that I did not have anything to drink on Friday and Sunday. I had 3 pints on Saturday (background: I used to drink about 5-6 pints on Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

Registered User MasterMason1104's Avatar
    MasterMason1104 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm here too. 36 been dealing with alcohol since my teens. Made the conscious decision two weeks ago to quit and get back to the gym. I have a 7 month old baby girl that I want to raise properly and see grow up, and her not have to see and remember "that" me.
    Congrats to all, stay strong and positive!!

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MasterMason1104 View Post
    I'm here too. 36 been dealing with alcohol since my teens. Made the conscious decision two weeks ago to quit and get back to the gym. I have a 7 month old baby girl that I want to raise properly and see grow up, and her not have to see and remember "that" me.
    Congrats to all, stay strong and positive!!
    Right on!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How will I know I need to detox? Was thinking of asking my doctor for medication to help me quit. I have an appt. next week. Have been drinking pretty much every night for 3 ish years. I want to quit for sure but I don't feel my day is "complete" without having some to wind down.

Originally Posted by Batdan9 View Post
    How will I know I need to detox? Was thinking of asking my doctor for medication to help me quit. I have an appt. next week. Have been drinking pretty much every night for 3 ish years. I want to quit for sure but I don't feel my day is "complete" without having some to wind down.
    Your body will detox itself in about 10 days. Prepare for horrible sleep, night sweats and nightmares during this time. Once the poison clears your system these symptoms go away. There's no better time to give it up than now. I drank nightly for nearly nine years. In October of last year I read a book that helped a great deal. Last I checked... the book is still available for a free download. Google search " This Naked Mind free download ". You won't regret reading this short book.

Your body will detox itself in about 10 days. Prepare for horrible sleep, night sweats and nightmares during this time. Once the poison clears your system these symptoms go away. There's no better time to give it up than now. I drank nightly for nearly nine years. In October of last year I read a book that helped a great deal. Last I checked... the book is still available for a free download. Google search " This Naked Mind free download ". You won't regret reading this short book.
    Where does this 10 day figure come from? Not too sure about that...

Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batdan9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks I'll check it out. Anything at this point to break the habit.

It was in the book I read. I also know from my experience. .about 8-10 days before my symptoms stopped. I'm sure others can chime in with similar experiences.

Pft. Bought some weed today. Hoping to smoke BEFORE I drink so it kinda kills the need to at least drink faster....took today off from the gym cause I was supposed to have a doctor appt...put a cpl beers in me and got a buzz before work instead. sigh.

kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by maxlytvyak View Post
    clean and sober for so many years and still recovering?
    We're always recovering because there is no "cure " for addiction no matter the amount of clean time.
    If I fall,if I die,know I lived it to the fullest...If I fall,If I die,know I lived and missed some bullets

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kingoftroys View Post
    We're always recovering because there is no "cure " for addiction no matter the amount of clean time.
    True, and it's good to report I am still sober today. My recovery still has to be treated as a serious business today though, not a game.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Hello everyone,wishing all a safe and sober memorial day.Stay strong and clean.

Well said.I encountered an old friend yesterday that relapsed after 19 years of sobriety.its always there.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In October of last year I read a book that helped a great deal. Last I checked... the book is still available for a free download. Google search " This Naked Mind free download ". You won't regret reading this short book.
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this book, bought it last week and read it over the weekend.

I don't think I'm addicted to alcohol, but could never understand why I couldn't control my intake and never found it easy to say no. Now I've read the book and re-read a few chapters I feel like that unconscious part of my mind has been re-wired so to speak.

Haven't had a drink since last Wednesday and have no desire to ether.

Worth a read for anyone who has any kind of relationship with alcohol, addicted or not.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got 90 days in sober.... yay!

deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadliftbrah19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Korry1 View Post
    Great job!!!

I love attending AA meetings, they are so inspirational. I just found this thread. I'm not an alcoholic, but struggle with eating disorder and other addictions and attend Al-Anon and other 12 step groups in addition to AA, since AA has meetings everywhere.

I have been married to an alcoholic. Is there an Al-Anon thread on bb.com?

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Korry1 View Post
    Belated congrats on that 90 days. A great accomplishment. I hope you have continued success.

I'm sober today myself (still) and glad to be.

Originally Posted by deadliftbrah19 View Post
    Great job!!!

I love attending AA meetings, they are so inspirational. I just found this thread. I'm not an alcoholic, but struggle with eating disorder and other addictions and attend Al-Anon and other 12 step groups in addition to AA, since AA has meetings everywhere.

I have been married to an alcoholic. Is there an Al-Anon thread on bb.com?
    Not sure, I haven't seen one but maybe somebody else can chime in.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Agreed.This disease lies in wait till one lets their guard down.I have a good friend who was sober 19 years then goes out for drinks.....boom!He buys a case of whiskey.Ive been in recovery for 21 years.

Hello everyone.Wishing you all a very happy and sober 4th.Stay strong.

Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raidersfan13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Broke my sobriety of several months last night, feels terrible man. Luckily only thing harmed is my ego and my iPhone screen, both of which can be fixed.

Alcohol is one tricky devil- I thought i could have a couple beers and be OK. This led to more beers, then mixed drinks, then shots until I puked my guts out in the parking lot. Valuable lesson learned- I cant control myself when I drink, no matter how much time has passed. I just have that alcoholic mindset, so it reinforces that the first drink is too much. Because if there is no first drink, there cant be a second, or third, or twentieth.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Raidersfan13 View Post
    Broke my sobriety of several months last night, feels terrible man. Luckily only thing harmed is my ego and my iPhone screen, both of which can be fixed.

Alcohol is one tricky devil- I thought i could have a couple beers and be OK. This led to more beers, then mixed drinks, then shots until I puked my guts out in the parking lot. Valuable lesson learned- I cant control myself when I drink, no matter how much time has passed. I just have that alcoholic mindset, so it reinforces that the first drink is too much. Because if there is no first drink, there cant be a second, or third, or twentieth.
    I'm not qualified to offer advice, but I would take it as a lesson and learn from it rather than a failure.

Get back on that horse so to speak.

I'm 39 days ethanol free, and feeling great.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Page 270 of 280 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 ... LastLast