Closed Thread
Page 268 of 343 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,040 of 10284
    Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by illninofan21 View Post
    My face looks like it's going to take a while too...I don't know if it's different in women or not, but for once, I actually envy them!

They lose fat in their faces faster than males, right? If not, then perhaps I just got bad facial fat genetics.
    The facial fat should come off as the rest of the fat comes off--slowly. Your face may be bloated as opposed to just plain fat. If you are really concerned about it, you can eliminate foods from your diet one by one and see if there is a connection between a specific food and the appearance of chub.
    NSCA-CSCS

My blog: http://www.worldsfittestblog.com/

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

“Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that bull and just play.” --Charlie Parker

Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by craxygreek View Post
    what is the best way for a beginner to start calorie counting ?
    One...two...three...four...

Go to fitday.com or livestrong or mydaily plate and enter in the foods you want to eat. OR Write down what you eat and figure it out with a calculator. OR download the calorie king software. Or get one of the apps for your phone.

Make sure that you are accurate about your portion sizes. Its really annoying, but if you really want to know you should break out the scale and the measuring cups and spoons. If you don't weigh and measure stuff, then you aren't counting calories. Do this for a few weeks to a month until you are able to eyeball portion sizes.
    NSCA-CSCS

“Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that bull and just play.” --Charlie Parker

NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorCALSpeed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Teflon_Don View Post
    One...two...three...four...

Go to fitday.com or livestrong or mydaily plate and enter in the foods you want to eat. OR Write down what you eat and figure it out with a calculator. OR download the calorie king software. Or get one of the apps for your phone.

Make sure that you are accurate about your portion sizes. Its really annoying, but if you really want to know you should break out the scale and the measuring cups and spoons. If you don't weigh and measure stuff, then you aren't counting calories. Do this for a few weeks to a month until you are able to eyeball portion sizes.

Exactly. Portion size is really important. Theres about a 10oz difference between a normal serving and the serving I want on my plate. Measuring is annoying at first, but once you get used to it and learn what amount you need it doesn't take up any more time.

You might be surprised at how off a "ball park" serving is.
    Cutting reveals your true size i.e. it's time to lean bulk.

Long term goal is 175 at 8%.

Switching from weights to Gymnastic body weight only.

illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The facial fat should come off as the rest of the fat comes off--slowly. Your face may be bloated as opposed to just plain fat. If you are really concerned about it, you can eliminate foods from your diet one by one and see if there is a connection between a specific food and the appearance of chub.
    I'm not too worried about it now...but I might be later on in May.

That said, I hear that foods high in sodium content tend to bloat you up pretty good. Any other ideas generally speaking (bearing in mind that it depends entirely on the individual)?

armysoldier000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fatboyslim420 View Post
    well i work out 5-6 times a week, eat tons of protein, and have cut calories over half what i used to consume, and been at it 3 weeks, still same weight. = fail
    that could be due to the fact that your body is replacing the fat with muscle at the same or equal rate. i seem to have that problem. i have a 6 day lift shcedule and TRY to fit cardio in three times a week. ive actually put on weight. but i also dont stick to a strict diet. im seeing size and strength increase, but no weight loss. im going to try to incorporate these rules into my plan and see what happens.

evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys - I have literally read every post in this forum over the course of a month or two (pathetic!). What a saga! I miss the Djinn days, but some of the new crowd like teflon_don make up for it.

Anyways - my background is that I'm a pseudo FFB meaning I gained weight during puberty and became obsessed with fitness and diet to control that. I never got over about 205 at my heaviest (6'1) but had no muscle mass to speak of. Started running religiously and later at college strength training.

It wasn't until the end of college that I learned the importance of diet when it comes to the cutting game, but I was still under the impression that you had to do loads of cardio to get super lean (needless to say I would burn out and stop losing)

Came upon this thread one day by accident and will never look back. I admit that I was very skeptical that this would work because although intuitively calories in calories out makes sense, I had never tried cutting without cardio and without restricting the TYPES of food that I eat.

Well let me just say - THANK YOU SO MUCH WAVE!!

This has been an eye opener. Started cutting mid february about 2 months ago and have lost 11 lbs so far without doing a lick of cardio, drinking wine almost every night, and having pasta weekly! Strength has not gone down and I think I have retained more muscle than I normally would have.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Originally Posted by evopatrick View Post
    Hey guys - I have literally read every post in this forum over the course of a month or two (pathetic!). What a saga! I miss the Djinn days, but some of the new crowd like teflon_don make up for it.

Anyways - my background is that I'm a pseudo FFB meaning I gained weight during puberty and became obsessed with fitness and diet to control that. I never got over about 205 at my heaviest (6'1) but had no muscle mass to speak of. Started running religiously and later at college strength training.

It wasn't until the end of college that I learned the importance of diet when it comes to the cutting game, but I was still under the impression that you had to do loads of cardio to get super lean (needless to say I would burn out and stop losing)

Came upon this thread one day by accident and will never look back. I admit that I was very skeptical that this would work because although intuitively calories in calories out makes sense, I had never tried cutting without cardio and without restricting the TYPES of food that I eat.

This has been an eye opener. Started cutting mid february about 2 months ago and have lost 11 lbs so far without doing a lick of cardio, drinking wine almost every night, and having pasta weekly! Strength has not gone down and I think I have retained more muscle than I normally would have.

THANK YOU AGAIN!
    High-five! Keep up the good work! Thanks for the props.
    NSCA-CSCS

That said, I hear that foods high in sodium content tend to bloat you up pretty good. Any other ideas generally speaking (bearing in mind that it depends entirely on the individual)?
    If you think its the sodium, then monitor your sodium intake and adjust.
    NSCA-CSCS

evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10) evopatrick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    High-five! Keep up the good work! Thanks for the props.
    Yea - I've been lurking long enough figured I'd send out some kudos.

I'm currently doing a 12 day PSMF as per Lyle's rapid fat loss program for ****s and giggles and because will be in Vegas next weekend. I'm sure some on here will agree (pwn3r), at 800 cals per day, going back to 1500 will be like a "buffet"

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not too worried about it now...but I might be later on in May.

I highly doubt it's the sodium that's an issue. I used to consume ridiculous amounts of it(over 6,000 mgs a day easily) and I personally NEVER(edited) noticed a "bloat" because of it. I did however notice that I was too fat at times from eating too much. The only times I've actually been bloated was because I was consuming far too many carbs and food in general.

Yea - I've been lurking long enough figured I'd send out some kudos.

I'm currently doing a 12 day PSMF as per Lyle's rapid fat loss program for ****s and giggles and because will be in Vegas next weekend. I'm sure some on here will agree (pwn3r), at 800 cals per day, going back to 1500 will be like a "buffet"
    Ha, you may actually feel sick just because it seems like so much food after coming off. If you keep it "clean" you may have a hard time getting all those calories down at first. Congratulations with your progress so far.
    Last edited by th3pwn3r; 04-21-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    I highly doubt it's the sodium that's an issue. I used to consume ridiculous amounts of it(over 6,000 mgs a day easily) and I personally noticed a "bloat" because of it. I did however notice that I was too fat at times from eating too much. The only times I've actually been bloated was because I was consuming far too many carbs and food in general.
    I agree 100%. I use salty things (hot sauces, garlic salt, etc.) very liberally especially when I used to low-carb it and now on RFL. I have never noticed water retention except after a carb-up/cheat meal which had lots of carbs.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree 100%. I use salty things (hot sauces, garlic salt, etc.) very liberally especially when I used to low-carb it and now on RFL. I have never noticed water retention except after a carb-up/cheat meal which had lots of carbs.
    I had to edit haha. But yea, when I consumed lotssss of sodium and kept calories where I wanted I always saw a drop on the scale and on a day to day basis but I did keep things VERY consistent as well.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

THANK YOU AGAIN!
    Thanks man, very much appreciated.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Ha, you may actually feel sick just because it seems like so much food after coming off. If you keep it "clean" you may have a hard time getting all those calories down at first. Congratulations with your progress so far.
    Srs? Sick b/c you went from 800-1500kcals? I've gone from PSMF calorie levels one day to 4000+ the next (UD2.0 refeed), but that didn't make me feel sick--it made me feel awesome.
    NSCA-CSCS

Srs? Sick b/c you went from 800-1500kcals? I've gone from PSMF calorie levels one day to 4000+ the next (UD2.0 refeed), but that didn't make me feel sick--it made me feel awesome.
    I haven't read UD2.0 does he have you alternating PSMF with refeed days?

I haven't read UD2.0 does he have you alternating PSMF with refeed days?
    No. Thats more like PSMF with EOD refeeds. UD2.0 is an integrated diet and training protocol.
    NSCA-CSCS

No. Thats more like PSMF with EOD refeeds. UD2.0 is an integrated diet and training protocol.
    Ahhh wasn't sure what you were alluding to with PSMF with refeeds UD2.0 style.

I am strill trying to figure out how I want to transition out of PSMF after 2 weeks into 1500 kcals/day roughly. I was losing nicely at 1500-1750 (1-2 lbs per week).

Maybe someone can chime in regarding transitioning out. Should I do it gradually - maybe one week at 1200 and then go up to 1500 or just go to 1500 and judge from there.

Ahhh wasn't sure what you were alluding to with PSMF with refeeds UD2.0 style.

I am strill trying to figure out how I want to transition out of PSMF after 2 weeks into 1500 kcals/day roughly. I was losing nicely at 1500-1750 (1-2 lbs per week).

Maybe someone can chime in regarding transitioning out. Should I do it gradually - maybe one week at 1200 and then go up to 1500 or just go to 1500 and judge from there.
    hi-carb, LOW fat, same protein refeed. followed by eating at maintenance for two weeks.
    NSCA-CSCS

hi-carb, LOW fat, same protein refeed. followed by eating at maintenance for two weeks.
    Yeah Lyle gives that as one option in RFL but he also says you can return to dieting - my original plan was to do 2 day refeed followed by a return to 1500.

I posted the question in the RLF forums and didn't really get a response, but was curious if the 2 week maintenence phase would be recommended from a metabolic standpoint or if a refeed is adequate.

Yeah Lyle gives that as one option in RFL but he also says you can return to dieting - my original plan was to do 2 day refeed followed by a return to 1500.

I posted the question in the RLF forums and didn't really get a response, but was curious if the 2 week maintenence phase would be recommended from a metabolic standpoint or if a refeed is adequate.
    Are you cat 1, 2, or 3?
    NSCA-CSCS

Are you cat 1, 2, or 3?
    Cat 1

Cat 1
    refeed then 2weeks maintenance.
    NSCA-CSCS

refeed then 2weeks maintenance.
    Thanks - that is what I shall do then. Followed by a return to defecit.

What exactly is the reasoning behind the 2 weeks maintenance? Just to get hormone levels back to normal?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" -- Mark Twain

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field" -- Niels Bohr

"The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks - that is what I shall do then. Followed by a return to defecit.

What exactly is the reasoning behind the 2 weeks maintenance? Just to get hormone levels back to normal?
    that and to give you a mental break.
    NSCA-CSCS

that and to give you a mental break.
    Thanks again for all the help. Last question I promise - when calculating maintenance - should I return to previous caloric maintenance or should I assume some metabolic slowdown and maybe deduct 250 off that.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" -- Mark Twain

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field" -- Niels Bohr

"The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks again for all the help. Last question I promise - when calculating maintenance - should I return to previous caloric maintenance or should I assume some metabolic slowdown and maybe deduct 250 off that.
    just use your body weight x 14, and then adjust up or down as necessary.
    NSCA-CSCS

I just felt sick to my stomach from probably stretching it out, it was tough getting all the food down basically. All the broccoli doesn't help with that feeling =/

Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wait, are you saying that RFL is 2 weeks of PSMF and then 2 weeks of maintenance?

or is it just xxx weeks of PSMF with intermittent refeeds and then 2 weeks at maintenance when you're finally done?

Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    wait, are you saying that RFL is 2 weeks of PSMF and then 2 weeks of maintenance?

or is it just xxx weeks of PSMF with intermittent refeeds and then 2 weeks at maintenance when you're finally done?
    Depends on what category of RFL you are in. Lyle basically breaks it down into 3 groups, Cat 1, Cat 2 and Cat 3 based on how fat you are.

If you are in Cat 3 you can stay in RFL for quite a long time.

Cat 2 and Cat 3 both can be in PSMF for over 2 weeks but there are periodic refeeds for those two groups. Cat 1 you are in PSMF for 2 weeks tops (12 days) and then you do a 2 day refeed leading into maintenance. After 2 weeks of maintenance, from what I gather, you can resume moderate dieting.

Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends on what category of RFL you are in. Lyle basically breaks it down into 3 groups, Cat 1, Cat 2 and Cat 3 based on how fat you are.

If you are in Cat 3 you can stay in RFL for quite a long time.

Cat 2 and Cat 3 both can be in PSMF for over 2 weeks but there are periodic refeeds for those two groups. Cat 1 you are in PSMF for 2 weeks tops (12 days) and then you do a 2 day refeed leading into maintenance. After 2 weeks of maintenance, from what I gather, you can resume moderate dieting.
    what's the point of it for cat 1 people then? That basically takes up a month of time. you could get the same results by just doing a 500-750 cal deficit for that month

Closed Thread
Page 268 of 343 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast