Page 229 of 329 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,870 of 9854
    arrentz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    posted about a month ago, asking for estimate again to see how much progress i have made. so please estimate bf%
    Attached Images

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by clwhoops44 View Post
    Thanks man. Tucane estimated the first pic (mid June) at 33% and the second pic (End of July) at 30%. Looks like I’m moving in the right direction.

I only wish I had started taking pics at the beginning of my journey
    Yeah I had a look back and it certainly are going in the right direction. Its quite odd on you as you some core definition at a higher then usual bf% most people are just round bellied where you aren't so kinda throws the visual inspection but I would say that the 25-26% bracket is correct after losing 20lbs.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by michielvf View Post
    Could someone a bf estimate of this guy ? (i don't know his length and weight)
    No way of knowing really as no back, side or leg pic. But a guess around 25% bracket but again the distance and poor photo makes judging near impossible.

Originally Posted by arrentz View Post
    posted about a month ago, asking for estimate again to see how much progress i have made. so please estimate bf%
    No way of knowing based on a lifted shirt pic. Will need to be a full front pic minimum. Preferable stats (height, age and weight) and a back and side pic.

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    No way of knowing really as no back, side or leg pic. But a guess around 25% bracket but again the distance and poor photo makes judging near impossible.

No way of knowing based on a lifted shirt pic. Will need to be a full front pic minimum. Preferable stats (height, age and weight) and a back and side pic.
    is this one better?

stats: 61.4 kg 182 cm
    Attached Images

is this one better?

stats: 61.4 kg 182 cm
    Thanks that is better.

I would say around 14%. If you would like some advice from my opinion for what it is worth. Start a bulk my friend.

Thanks that is better.

I would say around 14%. If you would like some advice from my opinion for what it is worth. Start a bulk my friend.
    alright thanks man. i'm going to wait until i hit 8-10% before i bulk though.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No no no. You are already very skinny due to no muscle mass. Your issue is zero muscle, not too much fat.

Hmmmm It aint my body but you are looking at mid 50kg bracket to achieve that maybe even lower for 8%. No 6ft man should be sub 60kg, sub 70kg is a stretch. Why do you want to be 8-10%? it won't give you abs I can ensure you nor will you look very defined just skinny.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    No no no. You are already very skinny due to no muscle mass. Your issue is zero muscle, not too much fat.
    This is the advice you need.

Take it and use it. You have the leanness now gain the muscle. You will see the development a lot better if you start building muscle now and getting lower will cause no more real benefit.

Hmmmm It aint my body but you are looking at mid 50kg bracket to achieve that maybe even lower for 8%. No 6ft man should be sub 60kg, sub 70kg is a stretch. Why do you want to be 8-10%? it won't give you abs I can ensure you nor will you look very defined just skinny.

This is the advice you need.

Take it and use it. You have the leanness now gain the muscle. You will see the development a lot better if you start building muscle now and getting lower will cause no more real benefit.
    idk, my goal is ottermode so if i started bulking at this point i'd inevitably put on a lot of fat as well as muscle, leading to me looking far from that. wouldn't it be wiser to lower my bf setpoint to 10% so that i can bulk until i'm 12% and then cut until i'm 10% again and then repeat the cycle?

also looking skinny does not sound bad, that's pretty much my dream, so even if i wouldn't have abs it would be fine on my end.
    Last edited by arrentz; 09-29-2019 at 06:38 AM.

idk, my goal is ottermode so if i started bulking at this point i'd inevitably put on a lot of fat as well as muscle, leading to me looking far from that. wouldn't it be wiser to lower my bf setpoint to 10% so that i can bulk until i'm 12% and then cut until i'm 10% again and then repeat the cycle?

also looking skinny does not sound bad, that's pretty much my dream, so even if i wouldn't have abs it would be fine on my end.
    Honestly it is down to preference but you seem to be think black and white for bulking and cutting. Bulking isn't about getting fat how can you if you only gain 2lbs a month? Its about having a small surplus of calories. The softness most people see when they bulk is just water weight as if your weight isn't going up you can't be gaining fat consistently and you aren't consuming 3500 calories more then maintenance then 1lb of fat can't have been developed.

Likewise cutting you must weight train or you will lose muscle. Having a lower body fat% doesn't make much difference more easy to gain muscle. There is a small amount of calorie partitioning but really this is over exaggerated for the average person. You have to remember looking a certain percentage of bf% is not the same as actually being that percentage I can look 5% different by just having a pizza.

Building muscle is difficult and takes time a lot longer then losing fat so consider that when thinking what is best.

LucasBagoDoce is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bf

Would you guys mind going to my progress photos on my profile and estimate my bodyfat?
    I’m 5 7 and weight 134 right now, 23 yo
    Appreciate it
    Last edited by LucasBagoDoce; 09-29-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Originally Posted by LucasBagoDoce View Post
    Would you guys mind going to my progress photos on my profile and estimate my bodyfat?
    And be real if I look scrawny too
    I’m 5 7 and weight 137 right now
    Appreciate it
    if i'm really 14% then you must be like 7-8%.

but i wouldn't take my word for it if i were you, best to wait for one of the more seasoned brofessors verdict.

Originally Posted by LucasBagoDoce View Post
    And be real if I look scrawny too
    I’m 5 7 and weight 134 right now
    Appreciate it
    About 10%.

You need to bulk as well. You are lean and it is best to build muscle now.

GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looking for a body fat % please...

5ft 8... 174lbs

Need advice.. do i stop cutting now and start to bulk up a bit or keep cutting? feel like i have been cutting forever and done with it..

thanks,

3 x pics of now and 1 of when i started in February this year...
    One Day At A Time

Following All Pro's Beginner's workout

Originally Posted by GJM753 View Post
    Looking for a body fat % please...

5ft 8... 174lbs

Need advice.. do i stop cutting now and start to bulk up a bit or keep cutting? feel like i have been cutting forever and done with it..

thanks,

3 x pics of now and 1 of when i started in February this year...
    Around 18%.

You have made great progress from where you started. The choice is really yours you have been cutting a while it depends if weight loss is still occurring nicely really. If you are still losing weight consistently then I would carry on. If you are really struggling and weight loss seems to have stalled then it maybe worth taking a break and going to maintenance for awhile and then review in a 2/3 weeks.

I say maintenance and not bulking as I always advise maintenance for a while so you can work out your new maintenance TDEE after that you will have a solid number to work on if you decide to either cut further or lean bulk. As well as this your hormones will hopefully be re-balanced from being in a caloric deficit as this can happen after a prolonged period of cutting which you have been on. Likewise it is a nice mental break.

The choice really is yours though. But good progress.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Added four new pictures in BodySpace. September end compared to April start.

- Can you please tell me what you think my April and September bodyfats are?

5ft 8 inches
    Now about 167lbs
    April waist 35.3 inches. Current waist 34.4 inches

- I was Thinking I was eating at maintenance at 2100 but it seemed as if weight was slowly going down maybe 1lb per month. Tired of cutting. So currently (about 8 days ago) I eat 2300 to 2400 a day and weight is still staying the same. I want to gain more muscle Before I cut more. Want to go to 175lbs and then come back down to 165lbs or so.

Do you think I should up my calories more, stay at 2300 or go back to 2100?

- How much muscle do you think I have gained between two pictures, if any? I feel like I almost look the same as before. I actually feel like I’ve got more fat than before sometimes But I know waist is smaller so I don’t think so. Do you think I’ve gained muscle between two pictures?

Thank you
    **^^ gone ^^**

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Added four new pictures in BodySpace. September end compared to April start.

- Can you please tell me what you think my April and September bodyfats are?

5ft 8 inches
    Now about 167lbs
    April waist 35.3 inches. Current waist 34.4 inches

- I was Thinking I was eating at maintenance at 2100 but it seemed as if weight was slowly going down maybe 1lb per month. Tired of cutting. So currently (about 8 days ago) I eat 2300 to 2400 a day and weight is still staying the same. I want to gain more muscle Before I cut more. Want to go to 175lbs and then come back down to 165lbs or so.

Do you think I should up my calories more, stay at 2300 or go back to 2100?

- How much muscle do you think I have gained between two pictures, if any? I feel like I almost look the same as before. I actually feel like I’ve got more fat than before sometimes But I know waist is smaller so I don’t think so. Do you think I’ve gained muscle between two pictures?

Thank you
    The first thing that is obviously clear is that you have reduced your bf% from April. As from your previous bf% request not much has changed in terms of fat percentage a your weight hasn't changed therefore still the 20% bracket. If you are still running a small deficit/ recomp style as you were in the beginning of Sept then its unlikely much will have changed in one month.

From the April pic to now you can see a different and most like some lean body mass gains. That said it sounds like you want faster results then a recomp style diet can offer therefore its time to pick one way or the other. You have likely made gains but that is one problem with recomp training is you can't see the results when are a higher bf%.

You wish to bulk for a while then I advise to start off with 2300 run for two weeks and no weight increase up it by 200 calories and repeat. Aim to add around 2lbs a month.

You may need to change your program around a bit depending on what you are running as now you will need to focus on progressive overload a lot more as simply muscle growth will not occur without it so this a combination of both weight intensity and volume increase.

GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Around 18%.

You have made great progress from where you started. The choice is really yours you have been cutting a while it depends if weight loss is still occurring nicely really. If you are still losing weight consistently then I would carry on. If you are really struggling and weight loss seems to have stalled then it maybe worth taking a break and going to maintenance for awhile and then review in a 2/3 weeks.

I say maintenance and not bulking as I always advise maintenance for a while so you can work out your new maintenance TDEE after that you will have a solid number to work on if you decide to either cut further or lean bulk. As well as this your hormones will hopefully be re-balanced from being in a caloric deficit as this can happen after a prolonged period of cutting which you have been on. Likewise it is a nice mental break.

The choice really is yours though. But good progress.
    Thanks man, really appreciate your feedback, i've had a bit of a break and not counting calories and still losing, i will go back to counting calories again for a month or so try get down to 168lbs and see what you think,
    One Day At A Time

Following All Pro's Beginner's workout

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The first thing that is obviously clear is that you have reduced your bf% from April. As from your previous bf% request not much has changed in terms of fat percentage a your weight hasn't changed therefore still the 20% bracket. If you are still running a small deficit/ recomp style as you were in the beginning of Sept then its unlikely much will have changed in one month.

From the April pic to now you can see a different and most like some lean body mass gains. That said it sounds like you want faster results then a recomp style diet can offer therefore its time to pick one way or the other. You have likely made gains but that is one problem with recomp training is you can't see the results when are a higher bf%.

You wish to bulk for a while then I advise to start off with 2300 run for two weeks and no weight increase up it by 200 calories and repeat. Aim to add around 2lbs a month.

You may need to change your program around a bit depending on what you are running as now you will need to focus on progressive overload a lot more as simply muscle growth will not occur without it so this a combination of both weight intensity and volume increase.
    Ok great. I am getting impatient or maybe I need a break for cutting. Either way, I have switched to ICF 5x5 and will stay with it till I get to 175lbs. Lifts are going up on everything except squats.

Squats are always a problem for me. Tendons on the top of quads get tight and when I sit low, they feel stiff. Muscle is ok, and they’re not sore. It’s just the top of the tendons where it meets the top tendon / top side of the groin area.

I do one squat day 2 working sets and next squat day 5 working sets. Hopefully this will go away. Any tips? I do Cycling 5 minutes before workout, dynamic stretches before Workout and static stretching after workout.

Because of this tightness in the area marked below, my strength goes down and muscles don’t fire properly I think. I am squatting only 95lbs. I warmup with bar, then 65lbs, then 85lbs, then working sets.
    (Bench 115 x 5, row 130 x 5, deadlift 145 x 5)

Any particular stretches specially for Quads?

This is the trouble area for me circled in red

**^^ gone ^^**

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Any particular stretches specially for Quads?

This is the trouble area for me circled in red

That would indicate to me that your Iliopsoas muscles are weakened or simply undertrained. This can effect your ability to get 'out of the hole' during the squat phase of the barbell squat as they work as stabilizer muscles. This website has some good exercises that may help strengthen the area, but basically any exercise that hits the lower abs by raising the legs towards the chest will also build strength to the iliopsoas (This can be progressively overload by adding a barbell between your feet, start light and focus on getting the full range of motion from the legs no quick motions or you could pull the muscle).

As for stretches anything that causes the pelvis to be push forward and stretched would work the muscle.

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/e...-the-iliopsoas

That would indicate to me that your Iliopsoas muscles are weakened or simply undertrained. This can effect your ability to get 'out of the hole' during the squat phase of the barbell squat as they work as stabilizer muscles. This website has some good exercises that may help strengthen the area, but basically any exercise that hits the lower abs by raising the legs towards the chest will also build strength to the iliopsoas (This can be progressively overload by adding a barbell between your feet, start light and focus on getting the full range of motion from the legs no quick motions or you could pull the muscle).

As for stretches anything that causes the pelvis to be push forward and stretched would work the muscle.

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/e...-the-iliopsoas
    Man I really hope this fixes it. I have recently started leg raises and they are not the easiest. I’ll work on it!!

Owe you big time! Squats, here I come!!!
    **^^ gone ^^**

Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another month gone buy with 4 kg gone looking for another estimate. Also, even if I'm not there yet, at what point should I start my first bulk? Pictures below and on my profile.

Stats:
    -Weight 73-73.5 kg
    -Height 1.73m
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Kxer0; 10-02-2019 at 12:37 AM.

lolwut61 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gidday,

Just decided to start getting back into exercising again and curious to see how much body fat ive accumulated through drinking, at my fittest after training i was 80kgs or 176lbs

currently i am

198lbs @ 6ft1
    with my weight dropping to 187lbs the morning after a night out for some reason
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by lolwut61 View Post
    Gidday,

Just decided to start getting back into exercising again and curious to see how much body fat ive accumulated through drinking, at my fittest after training i was 80kgs or 176lbs

currently i am

198lbs @ 6ft1
    with my weight dropping to 187lbs the morning after a night out for some reason
    Around 18-19%.

Originally Posted by Kxer0 View Post
    Another month gone buy with 4 kg gone looking for another estimate. Also, even if I'm not there yet, at what point should I start my first bulk? Pictures below and on my profile.

Stats:
    -Weight 73-73.5 kg
    -Height 1.73m
    21-22%. Good progress.

michielvf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone?

michielvf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What would be mybodyfat? length 5' 11", weight 198 pounds

What would be mybodyfat? length 5' 11", weight 198 pounds
    Tad hard to see due to the glare of the first pic but around 11-12% would be my estimate. Very solid amount of lean body mass.

anyone?
    I did look below at the response although it is little help due to the pic.

Originally Posted by 9Yakra View Post
    Hey,

Can someone tell me what my body fat % is?

Curious to know, as I have gone from 197.5 lb to 139 lb (89.6kg to 63kg).

I am 5 6 (168cm) and 139 pounds (63KG).

Pictures are there on my page under 'Progress photos'.

Thanks!
    Before:- around 27-28%

After at about 15-16%

Fantastic work.

Originally Posted by 9Yakra View Post
    Hey,

thanks man!

Guess I have a lot more work to do
    Everyone has lots of work to do but IMO for you it is time to reverse gears and start building muscle. Aiming to add 2lbs a month and this will limit fat gains.

How long have you been cutting and what weight training program you running?

9Yakra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everyone has lots of work to do but IMO for you it is time to reverse gears and start building muscle. Aiming to add 2lbs a month and this will limit fat gains.

How long have you been cutting and what weight training program you running?

That makes sense... I was hoping to get some advice, as I wasn't too sure about what to do next, and you've done just that! Thanks man.

In answer to your question: I started working out in January this year and as I didn't really have any muscle before, I just focused on cardio. I went from 197.5lb to 139lb in eight months.

I started weight training about four weeks ago BUT I still have a layer of fat near my belly + love-handles which is really bothering me (I know its the last place to go).

So, I'm not too sure whether to continue cutting? Until the belly fat / love handles go? Or whether to focus on weight training and building muscle....

What would be your advice?

Page 229 of 329 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast