Closed Thread
Page 228 of 343 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,840 of 10284
    Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BB-Guy View Post
    That also means taking a lot of calories too. I am trying to lose some weight.
    500g of protein is only 2000cals.
    NSCA-CSCS

My blog: http://www.worldsfittestblog.com/

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

“Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that bull and just play.” --Charlie Parker

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Holy ****. You really didn't get what the Don was saying, did you?

Just follow post #1 and you'll be fine.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just quickly chiming in here: "Refeed" = extra calories. That's it. The 3 rules remain.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    Just quickly chiming in here: "Refeed" = extra calories. That's it. The 3 rules remain.
    anyone play street fighter? You know that move the 1-2-3 kill? That was it right there ^

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Teflon_Don View Post
    If its a once-per-week refeed (and you're actually following your diet) and you're lifting weights, then you've prob put a big dent in glycogen stores. One training bout alone won't do this, but 3x/wk weights plus lowish-carb plus cardio prob will.
    I've been to the gym before and have actually seen how other people workout Don! I seriously doubt that people deplete their stores based upon seeing most gym rats/people who work out =/

That's your problem, get your brain working and you'll want to lose some FAT.

You should really refrain from doing anything other than reading. Don't ask stupid questions. And definitely don't give out retarded advice.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!

I feel the exact same way about refeeds, they're not needed, not for me to lose fat at least.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no problem with any kind of questions, if you want them answered, please PM me, I'll try to answer my PMs within a couple of days. Still very busy.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100)
    You should really refrain from doing anything other than reading. Don't ask stupid questions. And definitely don't give out retarded advice.
    I am giving you my personal experiece. The only stupid question is not asking one.

BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100) BB-Guy is not very well liked. (-100)
    500g of protein is only 2000cals.
    Thats if I just took the ON Whey Protein with water all day.

Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    Holy ****. You really didn't get what the Don was saying, did you?

Just follow post #1 and you'll be fine.
    I do.

Did I already mention that the Don has a little bit of a rough charme?

Once you get to know him, he's a real teddybear though.

(nh)

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shr3dJunki3 View Post
    anyone play street fighter? You know that move the 1-2-3 kill? That was it right there ^

Is there a such thing as OD on Protein?
    I would love to see you try, and I hope that you succeed.

Thats if I just took the ON Whey Protein with water all day.
    You said trying to OD on protein is a lot of calories, he said that 500g of protein is only 2k calories, or not a lot of calories. You're logic/line of questioning is eluding me.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Originally Posted by iDrive View Post

You said trying to OD on protein is a lot of calories, he said that 500g of protein is only 2k calories, or not a lot of calories. You're logic/line of questioning is eluding me.
    It may take 1500 for me to shed fat weight. Everyone is different.

That's something that teachers tell dumb kids so they don't feel bad about themselves and grow up to be ****philes or worse, trolls on silly internet forums.

For realz though, Wave's 3 rules take care of the important stuff. After that, everything is just details. And, have you seen how long this thread is? Have you?? Did you even notice how many pages long it is? Every relevant question that you could possibly come up with has already been asked and answered IN THIS THREAD. The common questions have been asked and answered more than 10 times already IN THIS THREAD.

So, given that what I said above is true, and that you know it to be true, you are either lazy or a troll or both. Either way, I'd ask you for your opinion or personal experience right before I'd ask a homeless man for a bite of his dumpster dinner.
    I am not afraid to ask questions.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    I've been to the gym before and have actually seen how other people workout Don! I seriously doubt that people deplete their stores based upon seeing most gym rats/people who work out =/

That's your problem, get your brain working and you'll want to lose some FAT.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!

I feel the exact same way about refeeds, they're not needed, not for me to lose fat at least.
    Its working already.

NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I will give this a shot and see how it works. Currently doing p90x and in phase 2 so I got about a 30 day range to see how this works out. I will report back when im a couple weeks into it

Gautham89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Am at wits end what to do.. Started Diet around 3 months back along with weight training @ 176 pounds and 30% bf... A month back came down to 164 pounds and 27% bf and there i have been stagnant for the past 1 month..

* Strength at Gym is good ( from 2nd to 3rd month )
    * i eat only around 1.7kcals. ( am not starving as ppl suggest here i did have a cheat meal once a week that too not exceeding 2.1kcals my recommended thin for maintenance)
    * In these three months have lost only around an inch around ma waist and around 5 cms around my abdomen region.. Still when i look down i feel looking down at an Inverted mountain..

AM frustrated more than de-motivated.. Been on a strict diet , counting calories, taking in fruits vegetables everythin healthy and as recommended , doin abdomen daily morning for 20 mins and weight training on four days and cardio on two days.. Strength increased in gym is clearly seen .. PPl at ma gym are asking me to eat EGG white.. It is not at all possible.. I wont have em.. ( AM A VEGETARIAN ).. pls do help..

Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gautham89 View Post
    Am at wits end what to do.. Started Diet around 3 months back along with weight training @ 176 pounds and 30% bf... A month back came down to 164 pounds and 27% bf and there i have been stagnant for the past 1 month..

* Strength at Gym is good ( from 2nd to 3rd month )
    * i eat only around 1.7kcals. ( am not starving as ppl suggest here i did have a cheat meal once a week that too not exceeding 2.1kcals my recommended thin for maintenance)
    * In these three months have lost only around an inch around ma waist and around 5 cms around my abdomen region.. Still when i look down i feel looking down at an Inverted mountain..

AM frustrated more than de-motivated.. Been on a strict diet , counting calories, taking in fruits vegetables everythin healthy and as recommended , doin abdomen daily morning for 20 mins and weight training on four days and cardio on two days.. Strength increased in gym is clearly seen .. PPl at ma gym are asking me to eat EGG white.. It is not at all possible.. I wont have em.. ( AM A VEGETARIAN ).. pls do help..
    Reduce your calories or eat at maintenance for a few weeks then resume cutting.

kbnccalhoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements that give me most bang for my buck!!

[QUOTE=wave_length;279524081]I originally posted this in the nutrition forum, but it probably belongs here. You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed. There's really not much more to it.

Hello everyone, I am looking to do some serious muscle building and I know about the high protien diets. My concern is Im interested in success stories and the suplements used. Obviously im not going down the steriod path, so I want to know the best suplements that are recommended from somewhere like GNC. I understand that different suplements work differently for different people, but, I would still like to get some opinions and feedback. Thank you for your help in this matter

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=kbnccalhoun;451970561]
    I originally posted this in the nutrition forum, but it probably belongs here. You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed. There's really not much more to it.

Hello everyone, I am looking to do some serious muscle building and I know about the high protien diets. My concern is Im interested in success stories and the suplements used. Obviously im not going down the steriod path, so I want to know the best suplements that are recommended from somewhere like GNC. I understand that different suplements work differently for different people, but, I would still like to get some opinions and feedback. Thank you for your help in this matter
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121714861

Save your moneys.

illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That may be...but at some point or another even a car has to refuel.

...And with as hard as I train, I would say that I should do one AT LEAST once every two weeks (in the midst of eating the way that you do).

As your car loses fat, it becomes more fuel efficient.

illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) illninofan21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As your car loses fat, it becomes more fuel efficient.
    ...Or, it could break down along the side of the road.

Originally Posted by illninofan21 View Post
    ...Or, it could break down along the side of the road.
    It'd break down due to bad parts ( muscles ). But lets just keep it at refeeds are cool if you can make progress with them =).
    Last edited by Shr3dJunki3; 02-18-2010 at 07:36 PM.

It'd break down due to bad parts ( muscles ).
    @_@; Are we still talking about the same thing? Lol.

Originally Posted by illninofan21 View Post
    @_@; Are we still talking about the same thing? Lol.
    Wait, this isnt a car forum? Do'h!

Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wait, this isnt a car forum? Do'h!
    and analogies generally suck in this context
    NSCA-CSCS

“Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that bull and just play.” --Charlie Parker

and analogies generally suck in this context
    Well atleast mine do.

Well atleast mine do.
    analogies involving human metabolism and cars/trucks/jets/locomotives/furnaces/fires/whatever usually fail to communicate what the author intended to communicate because the simple fact is that the human body and its myriad systems are way too complicated to be explained by simple analogies.
    NSCA-CSCS

analogies involving human metabolism and cars/trucks/jets/locomotives/furnaces/fires/whatever usually fail to communicate what the author intended to communicate because the simple fact is that the human body and its myriad systems are way too complicated to be explained by simple analogies.
    Agreed.

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Boys, boys, boys, boys!

Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
    the body's glycogen stores can expand pretty significantly. Even if you're not depleted, unless you go the full 12-16 g/kg (that's for FULL depletion), you needn't worry about conversion/storage as fat. MIght also read Tuesday's article.
    Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
    Nope, the body rarely converts carbs or protein to fat. Not in humans. And this just got discussed like a day ago. De novo lipogenesis is the search term.
    From Lyle's forum, as a direct answer to my questions. So in that case, a refeed would not just "add calories"! Woot!
    (As long as you don't go ape****.)
    Last edited by hankst; 02-18-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 228 of 343 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 ... LastLast