Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I Curl on the squat rack. Why not? My bi's are more important then your quads anyway lol. no just playing.
    I hardly ever put all weight away. If i got a pump going I'm not going to pull 12 plates off of the row machine so some pencin neck can get a stretch and jack my pump. no no no no no. i'll pull of maybe half and leave the rest.
    After lifting heavy for a long time, heavy is still heavy......

Nordic Natural Fish Oil
    CLA
    Dymatize Aminos
    PharmaFreak GHGF
    Coleman Signature Series Nitric Oxide

Registered User Violence Jackof's Avatar
    Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    so YOU'RE that a$$hole

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TarheelMBS View Post
    I Curl on the squat rack. Why not? My bi's are more important then your quads anyway lol. no just playing.
    I hardly ever put all weight away. If i got a pump going I'm not going to pull 12 plates off of the row machine so some pencin neck can get a stretch and jack my pump. no no no no no. i'll pull of maybe half and leave the rest.
    Not good enough...
    Time To Re-Schedule

onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onlyhuman656 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just joined a gym the other week and one thing that kinda annoyed me was people who put the 15 kilo dumbells back in the 25 kilo dumbell spot. How hard can it be to put the dumbells back in the right damn spot!!??

And speaking of the dumbell rack! One guy decided to use the rack as a support while he was doing dumbell rows! Was really frustrating because he was right infront of the dumbells I needed. Dumbell racks = for holding dumbells, not for supporting yourself whilst doing rows!!

tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylerb456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man are you guys weight lifters or Complainers. I mean i like gym etiquette as much as the next person. I work out on a military base and it is usually packed so wanna know how i get around stuff.

If you want to use the mirror get closer to it and move away from other people.

If you want to use the 20's and someone got them be a man and use the 25's

I was once told the only way to get bigger and be the biggest man in the gym is to use the weights no one else wants to touch.

If someone is use a piece of equipment or machine or something Use your mind get creative think of something new or go to the next exercise it help cause then your body does know what is coming

Man I just wish you guys would stop taking your estrogen and start Lifting real weights.

Will work for DOMS!!!! Armson Swole's Avatar
    Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tylerb456 View Post
    Man are you guys weight lifters or Complainers. I mean i like gym etiquette as much as the next person. I work out on a military base and it is usually packed so wanna know how i get around stuff.
    If you want to use the mirror get closer to it and move away from other people.
    If you want to use the 20's and someone got them be a man and use the 25's
    I was once told the only way to get bigger and be the biggest man in the gym is to use the weights no one else wants to touch.
    If someone is use a piece of equipment or machine or something Use your mind get creative think of something new or go to the next exercise it help cause then your body does know what is coming

Man I just wish you guys would stop taking your estrogen and start Lifting real weights.
    O RLY? Gym etiquette exists because you are not the only one in the gym. No one wants to wipe your ass for you when you're done, you should be able to do it on your own. When I see your mom parading around the gym picking up your mess for you then I'll stop complaining. I should start lifting REAL weights right? That's why you're waiting for the 20's and 25's, stop lifting in the ladies section pal. Yeah, youre right, those are the weights no one wants to touch.

Inconspicuous female. JennaClaire's Avatar
    JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Armson Swole View Post
    O RLY? Gym etiquette exists because you are not the only one in the gym. No one wants to wipe your ass for you when you're done, you should be able to do it on your own. When I see your mom parading around the gym picking up your mess for you then I'll stop complaining. I should start lifting REAL weights right? That's why you're waiting for the 20's and 25's, stop lifting in the ladies section pal. Yeah, youre right, those are the weights no one wants to touch.
    Where I go, many of the women wont even touch the 20's. Amazing- they think they're getting a good work out with overhead tricep extensions using 5 lbs - with both hands.... *shakes head*

jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

good thread

Agreed. Funny! Ha 20's/25s...those are waaaay to low for even my warm up on DB shoulder press even. That guy wants to attack those w/estrogen?...maybe we should wrestle.

Dude!...I didn't know you all dried your nutsacks? Sick. Hilarious. I've laughed harder the past couple days reading some of these forum posts then I have for a long time.

I agree though...etiquette lacks now a days. Here is one...I agree w/the ladies that I hate when some guy tries to interrupt my lifting to hit on me or better yet some 90 yr old comes up to try to correct my form w/something totally wrong like "you are suppose to use your momentum when you do cable seated rows" or "if you arch your back during bench press you'll get that weight up easier." akjeroijaeoj. I am open to advice, don't get me wrong, and will take something into consideration if it makes even a little bit of sense. But from all my years of experience, learning from the best strength trainers in the world, and add education in the field to that mix, plus lifting more than your ass doing things correctly...don't come up to me and tell me about how you use to do things in 1935. Just because I have estrogen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

Oh yeah...when I was a fitness supervisor/personal trainer, we use to have this one old asian guy come in and wear these track short. He'd do these ballistic, dynamic, out-of-control stretches and once in a while his balls would flop out...gross...strap 'em down buddy...strap 'em down.
    Last edited by jackets5; 03-06-2008 at 08:23 AM.

HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jackets5 View Post
    strap 'em down buddy...strap 'em down.
    lol, repped.

Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh yeah...when I was a fitness supervisor/personal trainer, we use to have this one old asian guy come in and wear these track short. He'd do these ballistic, dynamic, out-of-control stretches and once in a while his balls would flop out...gross...strap 'em down buddy...strap 'em down.
    Bahhahahahaha Strap 'em down is right!

MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaskedManiac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dont Do Aerobics In The Heavy Weight Area....we Have This Stupid Moronic Woman Who Leaps Over The Flat Dumbess Benches Where The 100 Plus Lb Dumbells Are.

The
    Maniac.

413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 413 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Huh. A few things, dude.

This is what we in the scientific community* call "douchebaggery." But by all means you go ahead and play right into every meathead stereotype ever.

Moreover, if you lose your pump within that thirty seconds or so, you are probably doing something terribly wrong--or you, in fact, are thinking not of a pump but of a boner.

*I am not actually a member of the scientific community

Official Misc Pharmacist MedicineMan81's Avatar
    MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicineMan81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by s3c View Post
    *I am not actually a member of the scientific community
    I am. I concur with your findings sir. Well done.

Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    haha I agree with you..but whats the deal at the gym with big guys [body builders/power lifters] picking on the leaner guys that run and don't bench 350-400lbs

i mean on the bench machine I get 190, 30 times and I row 190 60 times [more endurance than any of the "big" buys but they still feel the need to hate on the guys under 200lbs

don't get it?

Maybe I....Zuk ya... Steelghost's Avatar
    Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You cable row 190, 60 times? I demand proof of this claim.

Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Breezy.222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    idk if its the same as cable rowing but its called Compound Rowing on a older Nautilus Machine, and I do it in reps of 15

Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you've just taken all your clothes off, DO NOT sit on the bench in the locker room. Who knows, maybe you're all sweaty, maybe, you didn't wipe properly. Now I dont want to sit on that bench ever.

jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackets5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At this one gym I use to go to...no matter what time of day I would come in there would always be a naked old lady with her ass (literally her ass with buttcheeks spread) leaning up against my locker. annoying.
    GUYS...for god sakes don't wear short track shorts while you're doing an angled leg press or ballistic/dynamic stretching exercises! I'm all balled out here....

Will work for DOMS!!!! Armson Swole's Avatar
    Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JennaClaire View Post
    Where I go, many of the women wont even touch the 20's. Amazing
    Yeah, that is amazing.

Agreed. Funny! Ha 20's/25s...those are waaaay to low for even my warm up on DB shoulder press even.
    I no rite?

Yeah, that is amazing.

I no rite?
    hahaha love your forum sig and your 'will work for DOMS'....classic. Thanks for the props and will repay as soon as I get a few more pts under the belt. How do you edit the part under you name anyway (will work for DOMS)?
    GUYS...for god sakes don't wear short track shorts while you're doing an angled leg press or ballistic/dynamic stretching exercises! I'm all balled out here....

Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynofasho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by s3c View Post
    I can't help but grow to respect those guys even as they kind of, uh, gross me the crap out. It's obvious that they feel they've lived long enough that they've earned the right to parade their scrotes around like a Rembrandt on a museum tour, and they simply just don't care anymore.

One day I hope to get to that point of self-satisfaction--when I'm in my 60s you bet your ass I'll be hanging around the locker room blissfully bareass, balls banging against my knees, freaking out college kids.
    Best post of this thread thus far
    My 5x5 Bold + Test log --- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111708101

LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiehtW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not to sure if this falls into play here, but When you try to be a nice guy and take the time to show and tell someone how to do the exercise properly and they thank you but two days later are right back to there old habbits.

I informed this one group of guys that kicking the weight stack up on the leg extention machine was very harmfull to your acl. 2 of the guys thanked me told me they wondered why their knees were sore and have since proceeded to do it with good form. But the old guy that works out with them did not take to my friendly advice, and continues to do it. (not my problem). He was recently asked by one of the trainers in the gym why he is doing it so fast.

Trainer - "why are you doing that so fast?"
    Guy- "What do you like, Ford, Chevy, Dodge?"
    Trainer- "ummmmm what?
    Guy- "Well everyone likes something different"
    trainer walks away

utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is a good one:

If your filling up your water bottle and someone comes up behind you wanting a drink out of the fountain, move your ass to the side and let them re hydrate themselves.

Dont openly spit in the trash cans....go get a paper towel spit in itand then discard the paper towel in the trash. Your not saliva snipers so the chance of failure is pretty high and noone wants to get spit on their arm or hand whenthey throw trash away.

j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) j4l4p3n0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    QFT. Minus the "no just playing" I care about my workout far more then other peoples.
    ( . Y . )

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's another one...

Don't stand in the squat rack not even using it AT ALL and then when I ask to use the squat rack say you have another set.

This guy was seriously doing DB shoulder presses standing up in the squat rack so he could look at himself in the mirror.

It was my legs day and I had to wait 5 minutes...we only have 1 squat rack!!!

Honestly there should be a law to let me punch him in the face.
    I'm an athlete

TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarheelMBS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its not about being a meat head or picking on the little guys. The gym is full of testosterone already. I get dirty looks just walking down the stairs. I don't start it just finish it. Its all about respect. Working out is not a competition everyone just seems to want to make it that. And being a guy I can't help but get caught up in it if its thrown in my direction I just happen to be "bigger". But if alls calm in the iron front respect is always given and most of the time the majority of the weights will be shed. But if the atmosphere is pre-determined thats not my fault for just perpetuating the testosterone cycle. For instance you ever notice how the Biggest guys in the gym are always in there at the peak hours. when all the ass seems to be around. You think thats coincidence???
    I the most respect to the fools that are fat and not all ****ing pretty and under armoured up. Good for them for trying. Its almost become a Pre-madonna place to be.
    Last edited by TarheelMBS; 03-07-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Nordic Natural Fish Oil
    CLA
    Dymatize Aminos
    PharmaFreak GHGF

Originally Posted by utopia View Post
    Here is a good one:

If your filling up your water bottle and someone comes up behind you wanting a drink out of the fountain, move your ass to the side and let them re hydrate themselves.

Dont openly spit in the trash cans....go get a paper towel spit in itand then discard the paper towel in the trash. Your not saliva snipers so the chance of failure is pretty high and noone wants to get spit on their arm or hand whenthey throw trash away.
    I do however agree with this one. I happily will step aside.

Nordic Natural Fish Oil
    CLA
    Dymatize Aminos
    PharmaFreak GHGF

phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Zipsfb View Post
    Hello all,

Although I have a lot of work ahead of me and am relatively young, I do have over six years of experience in a gym. The first two years I was taken under the wing of a natural bodybuilder and Marine Corps sniper (we lived on a military base overseas), where much of my time was learning good form, good work ethic, and, of course, good gym etiquette.

Gym etiquette goes a long way in winning the respect of other gym goers, but also adding to the efficiency that everyone else can work out at. Below are a few guidelines that may help some newer members when they first walk into the gym. Also feel free to comment if you disagree and/or add guidelines I may have forgotten.

1) Use a towel, or wipe down the machine you're using (or both). No one likes hoping on a machine or rack dripping with sweat, or crusty sweaty chalk.
    2) ALWAYS re-rack your weights. Even if the barbell had weights on it when you "got there", when you're finished using it put the weights back
    3) Grunting is OK, consistent screaming is not. I'm happy you're pumped up, but it breaks my concentration if I can hear you over my music.
    4) If it's crowded let others "work in" with you. This can be hard if someone of dramatically different size, and presumably stregnth, is waiting... but for the most part try to share.
    5) Avoid walking in-between the mirror and someone who is in the middle of a set. It breaks their concentration.
    6) If people are waiting for you to finish an exercise, try to keep the chitchat to a minimum.
    7) If they can't work in, take the time you need to finish the exercise properly, but no more than that.
    8) Clean up after yourself. Goes back to #2, but make sure to put towels away, don't trash the locker room, etc...

OK, that's all I can think of for now. Again, comments or additions are welcome!
    I laughed out hard when i read this

phai_kia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Zipsfb View Post
    1) Use a towel, or wipe down the machine you're using (or both). No one likes hoping on a machine or rack dripping with sweat, or crusty sweaty chalk.
    2) ALWAYS re-rack your weights. Even if the barbell had weights on it when you "got there", when you're finished using it put the weights back
    3) Grunting is OK, consistent screaming is not. I'm happy you're pumped up, but it breaks my concentration if I can hear you over my music.
    4) If it's crowded let others "work in" with you. This can be hard if someone of dramatically different size, and presumably stregnth, is waiting... but for the most part try to share.
    5) Avoid walking in-between the mirror and someone who is in the middle of a set. It breaks their concentration.
    6) If people are waiting for you to finish an exercise, try to keep the chitchat to a minimum.
    7) If they can't work in, take the time you need to finish the exercise properly, but no more than that.
    8) Clean up after yourself. Goes back to #2, but make sure to put towels away, don't trash the locker room, etc...
    Originally Posted by Ozisaxon View Post
    4.5) Do maximise floor space by all means, but dont start working out in front of the previous persons mirror space, it ruins their rythm,
    Originally Posted by superman331 View Post
    10) Don't say you are using the equipment when all you are doing is resting on it.
    Originally Posted by HiLite View Post
    11) After showering, your underwear and/or pants should be put on BEFORE your socks, shirt, hat deodorant, before talking on the phone, chatting with your buddies, setting your watch etc. Cover up your sack before going about your business.

12) Give people their space. I don't want to be lying down doing DB Bench Press and have you creep up right next to me and start curling.
    Originally Posted by MaskedManiac View Post
    Dont Do Aerobics In The Heavy Weight Area....we Have This Stupid Moronic Woman Who Leaps Over The Flat Dumbess Benches Where The 100 Plus Lb Dumbells Are.
    Originally Posted by stewaat View Post
    Here's another one...

Don't stand in the squat rack not even using it AT ALL and then when I ask to use the squat rack say you have another set.

This guy was seriously doing DB shoulder presses standing up in the squat rack so he could look at himself in the mirror.

It was my legs day and I had to wait 5 minutes...we only have 1 squat rack!!!
    AGREED!!!
    Aw ****! i just remembered that most of those asholes are in my gym

burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow... I could go on all day about this kind of stuff. The gym I go to can draw some hillarious people.. very very nice gym but as you can imagine some of the people that go don't have the priorty of working out hard.

Some things I love are..

reading newspapers during/between sets.. reading news paper while doing a leg press is very common.

1 thing that just pisses me off though is some of the **** people wear to the gym. Especially the males... some of them wear the funniest ****. I am talking about shorts that barley come down past the bottom of thier ass and some of the craziest spandex youll ever see. I hate when people dont rack weights but I ****ing HATE when someone will walk away from their equipment.. come back 10 minutes later and be like "hey I was on that" or some bull**** like that.