Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    "Greatest Gig in the Sky" young and strong's Avatar
    young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bad news, my creatine powder tastes like crap . The tub says i have to take 5 seprate teaspoons a day.
    Any ideas on how to dilute or get rid of the taste?
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by young and strong
    Bad news, my creatine powder tastes like crap . The tub says i have to take 5 seprate teaspoons a day.
    Any ideas on how to dilute or get rid of the taste?
    I sympathise with you.. I just bought a 4kg tub of Whey protein, and it doesn't taste as good as I had expected.
    I think I'm just going to block my nose, or make a heap of shakes with Natural Peanut butter in it.
    Sorry.. Not sure how to mask the taste
    Which one did you get btw?
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/

young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really like penut butter so that shake idea sounds good. It's called musashi and is lemon flavour but tastes more like salt. :/
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eww... wtf kinda name is that anyway? Get Prolab Creapure. It's very cost effective and works just as good as anything else. I've tried AST Micronized and other than being more expensive, there wasn't any performance difference so from now on I'll stick with Creapure stuff. You can check this in the supplement wars section on this site. A lot of people back it.

Originally Posted by Liquidtensi0n
    Eww... wtf kinda name is that anyway? Get Prolab Creapure. It's very cost effective and works just as good as anything else. I've tried AST Micronized and other than being more expensive, there wasn't any performance difference so from now on I'll stick with Creapure stuff. You can check this in the supplement wars section on this site. A lot of people back it.
    lol!
    It's japanese and they made nice protien drinks. Thanks for the advice i'll check it out on supp wars.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Played basketball last night and lost.
    But i did score twelve points. Suddenly i'm not so tall now considering it's the u18 comp.
    My hamstrings have been hurting a lot recently and i'm not sure if it's from the ATG Squats or i've injured them.
    Anybody have any idea why they would be hurting?

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice to see cyclops helping more people, he helps me alot too, although I'm on Chad Waterbury's routines atm, I am very much so a fan of Mark Rippetoe and 5x5 when you get there. Im interested to see where it takes you!

Btw are u drinking Mark's prescribed amount of Milk per day? .. I can only get down about half... he says a gallon a day is best
    My New Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118628221

Clean Bulk

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Young and Strong
    Well done on scoring the 12 points. Are you playing the same position in your new team? What was your old and new positions?
    At 5'5", as you'd expect, I played point
    Not sure why you'd be hurting though.

Matta114
    A gallon (~3.7lts) of milk?.. Sheez.. You're doing well drinking 1/2 that.
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362

Originally Posted by Matta114
    nice to see cyclops helping more people, he helps me alot too, although I'm on Chad Waterbury's routines atm, I am very much so a fan of Mark Rippetoe and 5x5 when you get there. Im interested to see where it takes you!

Btw are u drinking Mark's prescribed amount of Milk per day? .. I can only get down about half... he says a gallon a day is best
    Yeah i'm glad he did, this is been the best routine i've been on. I've heard of Chad's routines and i might skim over your journal to see what it's about.
    No unfortuntly i'm not drinking that amount. I eat weetbix (cereal) twice a day and have a glass of milk before bed. That takes me to about half a gallon. Mum already complains enough as it is.lol

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by Short One
    Young and Strong
    Well done on scoring the 12 points. Are you playing the same position in your new team? What was your old and new positions?
    At 5'5", as you'd expect, I played point
    Not sure why you'd be hurting though.

Matta114
    A gallon (~3.7lts) of milk?.. Sheez.. You're doing well drinking 1/2 that.
    It wasn't that hard because we've got a good point guard, who just passed it to me under the ring.
    Our whole team moved up for u16's so i'm still center. I reakon if you can start to be able to dunk again you could be small forward. I still can't believe you could touch the ring at 5'5.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Cool Workout A

ATG Squats-3x5x138 (62.5kgs)PR!!!!!! Hammy's hurt like hell

Bench Press-3x5,4,3x143 1 rep assist by spotter (65kgs)PR!!!!! Satisfied

Deadlifts-1x5x187 (85kgs)PR!!!!! & 1x5x200 approx (90kgs)PR!!!!!! Hell Yeah

Dips-3x5,5,3xBW PR!!!!!! A bit tired after bench (not complaining)

Preacher Curls-2x9,3X100 (45kgs)PR!!!! at rep range

D Situps-2x9x5 (2.5kgs) PR!!!!! at rep range

Stricted Hypers-2x8x17 (7.5kgs) PR!!!!! Speechless by this point

Summary:
    First all personal Record workout!! (No i'm not on steroids )
    Squats were annoying because everytime i went down my hamstrings hurt and made me lose focus. Wasn't to failure but my face was pretty red on the last rep, the seventeen y/o's behind me stopped doing half curls and just stared.
    Was taking it turns on the bench press with strongest man who goes to the my gym and he was bench 230 pounds. Which i think is heaps, but it seems people my age on BB.com are already benching this according to some of there stats.
    The only thing i'm going to say about the deadlift was i had an instructor watch my to make sure i wasn't rounding it. (the 22 pound increase since last workout speaks fo itself).
    Thanks for reading,
    Y&S
    Last edited by young and strong; 02-17-2006 at 01:36 AM.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matta114 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey im interested in these ATG Squats... I see u are using alot less weight with them, and I'm doing normal squats atm with a horrible lower back.. all the weight from the squats makes it worse... maayybe if I do ATG squats, because of the lower weight, it wont put as much strain on my lower back? I dunno.. what do u think?
    My New Journal:

Clean Bulk

hey im interested in these ATG Squats... I see u are using alot less weight with them, and I'm doing normal squats atm with a horrible lower back.. all the weight from the squats makes it worse... maayybe if I do ATG squats, because of the lower weight, it wont put as much strain on my lower back? I dunno.. what do u think?
    Well i'm no expert, but i say drop the weight and give them a go!
    When i was doing parawell squats my lower back was hurting to. But has stopped since then.Your hamstring and glutes don't get used very much when you squat parawell. Drop the weight a fair bit you will be surprised how hard they are.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Workout B

ATG Squats-3x5x143 (65kgs)PR!!!! Went to failure

Military Press-3x5x80 (36kgs)PR!!!! Feeling Good

Hang Cleans-3x5x56 (25.5kgs) Praticing for power cleans

Assisted Pullups-3x5x44 (20kgs) Just made it

Summary:
    Ok workout. My hamstrings didn't hurt so i was feeling confident about squats today. I got to the last rep of the third set and for a second i thought i wasn't going to make, which frightened the hell because i though i'd get stuck and fall over.
    I think i'll reach my of a 50kg military soon enough.
    The weightlifting coach at my gym got me doing hang cleans to practice my form for power cleans.
    He also advised to try a wider stance to lift more on the squat.
    What does everyone advise, try a wider stance on the squat or keep it shoulder width?

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

ur doing great on those ATG Squats! on ur Pull-ups what kinda grip do u have? I do supinated chin-ups like 5 sets of 10 with ... like 35 assistance...... but if ur doing wide grip pronated ur pwning me

I will keep in touch on ur journal cuz we are about in the same place strength wise and similar stats.
    My New Journal:

Clean Bulk

ur doing great on those ATG Squats! on ur Pull-ups what kinda grip do u have? I do supinated chin-ups like 5 sets of 10 with ... like 35 assistance...... but if ur doing wide grip pronated ur pwning me

I will keep in touch on ur journal cuz we are about in the same place strength wise and similar stats.
    Thanks man! How far do you have your feet spaced apart? Considering your now doing ATG Squats i think you could add five pounds on them every workout like me.
    I do wide grip btw, my pullup strength is lagging a bit.
    Keep posting
    Y&S

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

yah u should come by my journal every now and then too!

I put my feet shoulder width for squats

and for the pull-ups.. Wide grip dont trigger the biceps enough... u should try supinated chin-ups... with like a shoulder width. they really work ur biceps well as well as ur back
    My New Journal:

Clean Bulk

Thumbs up

yah u should come by my journal every now and then too!

I put my feet shoulder width for squats

and for the pull-ups.. Wide grip dont trigger the biceps enough... u should try supinated chin-ups... with like a shoulder width. they really work ur biceps well as well as ur back
    I'll post in your journal every now and then as well.
    ok, i'll try that grip next workout.
    Thanks
    Y&S

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

My hamstrings were so sore at bball training today i couldn't even jump properly. Hopefully better by tommorrows workout

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

ur hamstrings? those ATG Squats made my quads hurt like a b!tch I could barely walk but not really my hamstrings.. hmm I've never had sore hamstrings
    My New Journal:

Clean Bulk

BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice journal Y&S.

While I'm currently following a different routine (WS4SBII), I've placed my order for Mark's "Starting Strength" book on amazon.com. I'll probably follow his routine(s) in the future.

Keep up the good work!
    531 for Wrestling: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150559883

52 books challenge: 9
    Currently reading: "I am Legend"

ur hamstrings? those ATG Squats made my quads hurt like a b!tch I could barely walk but not really my hamstrings.. hmm I've never had sore hamstrings
    Everyone's different i guess. My quad were on fire when i was going parrawell

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by BenT
    Nice journal Y&S.

While I'm currently following a different routine (WS4SBII), I've placed my order for Mark's "Starting Strength" book on amazon.com. I'll probably follow his routine(s) in the future.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Man!
    I think you should start right away, once you get the book.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Workout A

ATG Squats-3x5,5,4x150 approx (67.5kgs)PR!!!! failed

Bench Press-3x5x143 1 assisted (65kgs)Rep range PR!!! Also Hard

Deadlifts- 2x5x209,215 (95kgs,97.5kgs) PR!!!! These were hard

D Situps-2x8x7 (3kgs)PR!!!!!

Hypers-2x8x22 (10kgs)PR!!!!

Summary:
    Very Hard Workout.
    Finally failed on ATG Squats by one rep. A little annoyed, but i knew it had to happen sometime.
    Bench press had to be spotter for the last reps of 2 sets. Very tempted to add weight next workout, but will wait till i get all 5 reps.
    I don't know what to tell you about deadlifts, it was extremely hard but i had an instructor watch my back the entire time to see if it bended.
    Thanks
    Y&S

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Summary:
    Very Hard Workout.
    Finally failed on ATG Squats by one rep. A little annoyed, but i knew it had to happen sometime.
    Bench press had to be spotter for the last reps of 2 sets. Very tempted to add weight next workout, but will wait till i get all 5 reps.
    I don't know what to tell you about deadlifts, it was extremely hard but i had an instructor watch my back the entire time to see if it bended.
    Thanks
    Y&S
    Tough luck on failing the ATG squats.. I find it amazing that you can DL more than you squat. *amazed at 97kgs*
    I'm sure you'll do it next week though.
    Well done on the rest of your WO.

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Summary:
    Very Hard Workout.
    Thanks
    Y&S

good benching buddy you getting there!

DL's are also great! remmeber strain under form!

Squats come up pretty quickly what worked for me when i started them was i put on an extra 9-10 pounds on every week and went how i felt doing about 10 reps..and i launched off from there!

keep it up man
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

Tough luck on failing the ATG squats.. I find it amazing that you can DL more than you squat. *amazed at 97kgs*
    Thanks Short,
    It's been good having you post in my journal.
    Squats were bound to fail sometime. I'm amazed at my deadlifts as well, because i always use good form and find it easy.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by Dallas68
    good benching buddy you getting there!

DL's are also great! remmeber strain under form!

Squats come up pretty quickly what worked for me when i started them was i put on an extra 9-10 pounds on every week and went how i felt doing about 10 reps..and i launched off from there!

keep it up man
    Thanks man, much appreciated.
    My bench has always pretty weak, i think has something to do with having long arms.
    My forms good on deadlifts because i have an instructor watch my back the entire time.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most people who don't have elite poundages can DL more than squat. The squat only passes the DL at the VERY high poundages because the grip strength aspect falls behind the leg/back combo.

And to Y&S. As far as your bench goes, you shouldn't really be counting reps toward a PR where a spotter helped you. If I were you I'd stick the same weight til you get all of them clean yourself. If a spotter touches they take off weight so by definition it's not a PR. Tell the guy not to jump in unless you totally blow it.

damn man ur getting alot stronger keep it up! nice deads .. 209 is pretty high! Im gunna try 195 tommorrow
    My New Journal:

Clean Bulk