Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Slavic Hammer
    I will post my results.
    Any updates?

And any other info about that Hawaiian Woodrose Seed?
    Relax & Sleep is a plant-based liquid sleep aid that I have helped develop using my 30 years of experiencing different levels of sleeplessness. Proper sleep is critical to our overall health in numerous ways including immunity support, recovery, rejuvenation, and energy level. If you have trouble sleeping please PM me and I will do my best to help your situation.

** Team Punani Lover ** onehawaiian's Avatar
    onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    was gonna suggest just getting the root, but noticed u live in jersey. i would venture to guess anything 30% and above?
    every saturday is kava nite at the rec center where i live...

onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by PopTart6
    Listen....Ive heard about all this alternative high legal crap for a while and every single one I have done either gave a miserable high or gave too many side effects or IT DID NOTHING AT ALL. Kava falls in the latter.

Do what everyone else does Smoke marijuana or grab a beer. Don't waste your hard earned money on crap....I made that mistake myself.
    seems u haven't had the pleasure of real results of kava...

Re: The good kava kava...

Originally posted by Sol Rosenberg
    www.cieloherbals.com

The stronger variety is nearly raw form (almost just like wood chips) and has to be soaked in warm water before using in the blender. Go lightly on it, because it's strong stuff. They have some recipes on how to make it, and I can attest to the fact that it is by far the best quality brand I've found for relaxation and improving mood and sleep...and I've used many, many brands.

They also have capsules but I don't think they're quite as strong as making it yourself. Capsules would be much more convenient.
    chew the root. u'll love it. bitter at first, but in a chili pepper way addicting... weird.

Makaveli390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you've got caps, break one open and put a little on your tounge. If it goes numb you've got the good stuff.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

- For all your recreational drug use information

bump for some kava experiences / quality brands

if there wasn't such a strict agriculture/mailing restriction, i'd sell u guys some pure root.
    tongans call it kava kava.
    hawaiians call it 'awa.
    both are the same, different spelling and pronounciation.

curious, as i'm not "up to date" on the bodybuilding aspects of kava, what does everyone use it for? i've been using 'awa since '93, but i'm thinking it's for a different purpose as what it's used for now?

onehawaiian -
    what do you use it for? what are its effects on you?

Originally posted by Makaveli390
    onehawaiian -
    what do you use it for? what are its effects on you?
    relaxation.
    like i said in the previous post, every saturday nite is kava nite at the gym/rec center. the tongans get together and make kava drink. i'm not tongan, but i don't discriminate where i get my kava from.
    once i'm numb it's all good after that. not sure of it's mental attributes, but i seem to be more aware of my surroundings even tho i'm doing nothing. feel totally refreshed afterwards, espcially after a long hectic day.
    basically it's for relaxation and recovery.
    i like chewing the root. bitter, but once u get past that it's somewhat addicting. but not in a bad way.

i dunno, are there other uses for kava? like i said, im not really up to date on it's current uses...

AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50) AWILD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    we're mainly looking for the same thing
    Relax & Sleep is a plant-based liquid sleep aid that I have helped develop using my 30 years of experiencing different levels of sleeplessness. Proper sleep is critical to our overall health in numerous ways including immunity support, recovery, rejuvenation, and energy level. If you have trouble sleeping please PM me and I will do my best to help your situation.

Slavic Hammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it illegal in New Jersey? If it is , I wouldn't be surprised........you need a permit to wipe your ass sideways in this friggin state.
    6'4"

william_lee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by AWILD
    Any updates?

And any other info about that Hawaiian Woodrose Seed?
    AWILD-

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds contain LSA which is chemically similiar to LSD. The psychoactive effects are definitely similiar. I've tried both, and while LSD is an overpowering trip at high doses, the seeds are no joke either. You will definitely trip from them. I haven't done them in years, but I believe the dose of the small baby woodrose (make sure you go with the baby) seeds was around 6-8. I ground the seeds up in a mortal and pestle, and then soaked the crushed substance in water and then drank the whole thing. There can be issues with some other compounds in the seeds, but I don't see it as a problem unless you're going to take these things constantly (which might indicate a bigger problem anyways :-) )....Anyways, read up on them a bit more if you're seriously considering them, because I don't remember the exact dosing parameters.

thanks man.

skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used the BAC 30% kava powder. I get decently buzzed from it but the taste is absolutely horrid. I down 1 tablespoon soaked in warm water, 1 tablespoon of lecithin, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

The first time I felt a really nice eurphoria and got a GREAT buzz and no hangover. Every time after that I got only an alcohol type buzz with no eurphoria . And I started getting hangovers from it that were quite nasty. Any suggestions because between the decreased high, the NASTY taste, and the bad hangovers I'm ready to call it quits. Also my kidney's seem tender the next day which really freaks me out.
    Some people have a way with words. Other people not have way.

edplayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) edplayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    where I work we sell about 10~15 different Kava Kava products. I've only tried it one time, but the assistent manager has tried all of them and he says that the best one is Eclectic Institute's Kava Nakamal Juice (out of the ones we carry). It is a capsule.

skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump for more feedback.

raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Powder Tonic Only Way To Go!!!

I Am a Kava Junkie, The only way to get the desired effects is to consume it with a Tonic made with Kava Powder. Check out this thread I Started On Kava Recipes, My Recipe is the first post and it works, Pills, Liquid Extracts all sucks balls, and to all the people who say it is bad for your liver, there are studies done that show that the part of the plant that affects the liver is the Leaf of a kava plant, i use powdered root and most extracts do to, stay clear of supplements and powder that have the leaf and you should be fine.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=194851

raidz - I see in the other post that you said chewing the root also gave you a good effect. Can you go into this further? How much to chew? Do you swallow any of it, whats a good brand for whole root...ya know...whatever you can provide there.

Thanks

kava root is bitter when u chew it.
    would not recommend it very often.
    but after u go numb, i guess it don't really matter...

Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just ordered the paste yesterday, and will post results. I can't see how anything could be more potent in the Kava realm than the paste.
    "Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor"

"I don't which is worse, that everyone has a price or that the price is always so low"--Hobbes

"To live is to suffer, to survive, well, that is to find meaning in the suffering"

"Give me the strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference"--Calvin

"That which is behind me, does not matter"

"I am the Path, not the Ride"

raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Chewing root

I don't really chew the root that much but when I do, I just put it in my cheek and suck all the juices out, do not swallow the actual root. If you bite off peices of the root, just spit it out. And as far as the taste goes, it does taste kinda bad when you first start using kava, you get used to it, and like onehawaiian said, your mouth goes numb pretty quick and it don't matter once that happens.

desman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    they banned the **** here in canada, not sure why though but i will look for the article

banned in canada

Originally posted by desman
    they banned the **** here in canada, not sure why though but i will look for the article
    Here is a site that will tell you of the legal status of Kava around the globe: http://www.erowid.org/plants/kava/kava_law.shtml

Here is an article explaining why it was banned in Canada: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/prote...2/2002_56e.htm

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    I just ordered the paste yesterday, and will post results. I can't see how anything could be more potent in the Kava realm than the paste.
    Thanks I'm very interested to see how that turns out.

Originally posted by edplayer
    where I work we sell about 10~15 different Kava Kava products. I've only tried it one time, but the assistent manager has tried all of them and he says that the best one is Eclectic Institute's Kava Nakamal Juice (out of the ones we carry). It is a capsule.
    Btw, I have tried these exact capsules and the effect is very MILD compared to making your own drink with bulk powder. If you want to try kava I'm convinced the best way is ordering premium raw root powder and making your own.

Originally posted by skinnyboy
    Btw, I have tried these exact capsules and the effect is very MILD compared to making your own drink with bulk powder. If you want to try kava I'm convinced the best way is ordering premium raw root powder and making your own.
    bump

Originally posted by skinnyboy
    yup. cheese cloth, awa powder, container and water...

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    bump

Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I haven't got it yet, still waiting.
    "Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor"

"I don't which is worse, that everyone has a price or that the price is always so low"--Hobbes

"To live is to suffer, to survive, well, that is to find meaning in the suffering"

"Give me the strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference"--Calvin

"That which is behind me, does not matter"

"I am the Path, not the Ride"

Just an update. I tried the raw powder and it is much better than the powdered extract. First of all no hangover and no weird backaches the next day! I suspect that some chemicals were used in the extract. Second, the taste is much better (it improved from nearly undrinkable to mildly bad)

I bought some ground unprocessed premium fiji kava root.