Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's do this!

01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 20 - Goal Accomplished!

Weight: 210.2 lbs!

I reached my goal weight!
    From here I plan to do what I stated earlier and maintain this weight. I want to stay out of a deficit for a while, but I still want to be 100% on my eating/macros and so I will continue to log on here for accountability and updates on any changes. By the end of the month if I don't see any changes I may drop another 5 lbs slowly to lean out a little more, we'll see. Feels damn good to hit a goal guys, I'm excited for the future!

01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01ChrisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5/14 (Day 21)

Weight: 210.0 lbs

Had a great day today. I didn't have to work so I was able to sleep in, eat some good food and then hit the gym for an upper body workout. I've been thinking about how much better and happier I feel with dedication to a plan and structure, I'm gonna keep it going. The online community, logging, support, and accountability has helped out a lot with consistency.

5/15 & New Macros

Weight: 212.6 lbs

My weight was a bit higher then I was expecting today. I think it fluctuated up so much because yesterday I was very sedentary and tracking was a little sloppy. I am going to make sure I'm more accurate with tracking in the future and I'm lowering carbs slightly because I really don't think I need 400+ carbs for my inactive days. Recently I haven't ever really gone past 450 carbs so I'm changing my macros to 350-450c 80f 220p. I'll adjust carbs according to weight and I'll continue to aim to maintain 210.

5/16

Weight: 211.6 lbs

It was a good day today. I didn't have to work so I took some time to marinate and cook up some teriyaki chicken breasts. Ended up with a bunch of bags of extra to throw into the freezer for later. Love that ****. Today was lower body day, I hit all my numbers but it was pretty rough at the end. I think I took my pre-workout to early and ended on a comedown. I also didn't have a whole lot of food early on in the day other then my pre-workout meal so I was slightly fasted. All in all though, productive day.

5/17

Weight: 210.2 lbs

Long day, hit the gym, the work, the macros and soon enough, the hay. Just too tired to make a longer more interesting post, but I'm staying consistent.

5/18

Weight: 210.0 lbs

I'm really looking forward to Tuesday, my next lifting day. I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 training program and this week is my high percentage week. Diet has been in check, weight is staying at 210, just working on progressing my big lifts and eating enough to fuel the progression.

5/19

Weight: 211.2 lbs

Long and productive day, super tired. I think I might also start spacing the log out a little more. No need really for me to check in EVERY day. I will update the log if I make any changes to my goals or to note anything important, but for the most part this log is finished, and was a success. Now I just keep grinding my strength up at maintenance calories and it's not really all that exciting. Feels good to be on track though, that's for damn sure.

dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just from my experience, weighing yourself everyday isn't a waste of time if you want to see how your body has retained water. Watching it so closely it's pretty hard to tell what is water or a little bit of fat. You've met your goal weight, do progress pictures, that's where you'll start seeing differences. I haven't stepped on the scale in almost two weeks until this morning and I was pretty close to where I thought I'd be. I had a wild party weekend (rock on the range) point is, if clothes start feeling different, loose or tight, your progress pics should explain your changes. For instance, I stayed at the same weight for two weeks and I was p!ssed then had my BF checked, I lost almost 2%BF...
    Starting Weight: 290lbs
    Current: 189lbs
    New Goal: 190 & Less than 10% BFP by 9/18/14

Promera Sports sponsored log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162315701&p=1253711441

Yea, I know what you mean, I'll have to start taking pics. I might start taking measurements too, we'll see. I imagine I might cut down another 5 lbs or so later this summer as well. For now though, it's just maintenance to get the most bang for my buck in the gym.

5/31 - New Goal

Weight: 207.0 lbs

I have a new goal; 200 lbs. I thought 210 would be a good maintenance weight, but I still feel a little chubby for summer and so over the next few weeks I plan to drop about 7 pounds. I'm back on here to log progression, keep myself accountable and smash another goal. The plan is similar to last time, I'll adjust macros according to my daily weigh ins and slowly drop the weight over the next few weeks. I don't expect it to take more then a month so were looking at the later part of June to hit this weight.
    Current macros are set at about 325-425c 80f 210p

As always any kind of feedback or input is welcomed!

6/1

Weight: 208.0 lbs

Long and productive day; I'm feeling focused and motivated on this goal and many others. First day back after a deload week and so I hit it hard as a mofo. Sometimes I get caught up in all the little details of programming and trying to get the perfect setup and really if you have a basic program all you need to do is put in the EFFORT and you will progress. I went into the gym with the mindset of breaking a pr; every training session is an opportunity to beat your last time/weight/rep and if you do you become better and I love it. I have a deload week every 4 weeks so it gives me plenty of rest to absolutely kill it on the 3 weeks that I do have. Anyway, I'm about to finish off my macros while watching the latest Game of Thrones; I wonder who dies next lol...

6/2-6/3

6/2 weight: 207.6 lbs
    6/3 weight: 207.2 lbs

Just had a great upper body workout. Been acing the food and I'm feeling good overall for the future. I've decided that two things I need to focus on and create better habits for are sleep, and hydration. I want to get at least 8 hours EVERY night and I want to make sure I'm getting adequate water intakes as well.

6/4-6/8, New macros and progress

6/4 weight: 206.4 lbs
    6/5 weight: 206.8 lbs
    6/6 weight: 207.2 lbs
    6/7 weight: 207.0 lbs
    6/8 weight: 205.6 lbs

Weight is moving along nicely. My macros are looking closer to 300 carbs now, still 80 fat, 210-220 protein. I did an exhausting squat/dead workout today after a long day at work. Looking forward to resting up and doing a lighter ab routine tomorrow. My daily routine has been spot on, I have a setup almost like a meal plan for my food but it is all foods I like and it fits perfectly with my schedule and macros. I feel like I could sustain this indefinitely and I think that's a very important aspect of this. I'm also loving this new split I setup. It allows me to do almost the same routine as before, but it is spread out a little more through the week. I can hit each compound lift twice a week, once for strength, and once for hypertrophy. On two separate days I can focus entirely on bodybuilding and accessory work. Sleep and hydration have been on point as well, been getting 8 hours regularly. It's all starting to pay off too, abs are starting to come out again, I'm thinking 200 lbs is gonna be a good number for me. Time to watch the latest Game of Thrones!

Weight: 209.0 lbs

I ****ed up. I let my guard down and I took on the attitude of "oh a little non-tracking/going over my macros won't be that big of a deal." From there it was a slippery slope to binge city. I was gonna give up on my 200 goal and just maintain 210 for a while, but the hell with that. I have a goal and I'll be damned if I don't see it through. So from here on out I've got my game face on.
    Macros are 300-350c 80f 220p

Weight: 206.8 lbs

Weight: 207.0 lbs

Got a great lower body workout in today. Feeling my confidence come back. I'm going to make it a priority to never forget how bad giving in feels. Maybe I am a bit to hard on myself when it comes to attaining specific goals but that's just how I am. I have found that I am always at my happiest when I am accomplishing these goals and that's the way I'm going to keep it. I will see this through for better or worse. I'm all for pushing myself and testing my limits because that's how I condition myself to become better.

Weight: 208.0 lbs

Weight fluctuated a little, it was expected though; I didn't get enough sleep and was up early. Still working on improving my sleeping habits. I just have to always think ahead and keep my schedule on point.

Weight: 205.4 lbs

Caught up on sleep, had a great day overall. Starting to see the cuts come back, feels awesome. Now to keep it that way and only improve muahaha.

Weight: 205.0 lbs

Enjoyed a bowl of ice cream with an episode of The Blacklist... that's how I've been ending my days lately... love it.

Weight: 204.6 lbs

Starting to feel the effects of the cut. Energy and strength just wasn't there today. Hopefully it's just a one time thing but I'm not expecting to always be full of energy on a deficit. On the bright side of things, I'm also seeing myself lean out so it's all worth it. Slowly but surely gonna grind my way to 200 and then re-evaluate and hopefully just maintain for a while.

Weight: 204.0 lbs

I still felt a little weak today so I decided that I'm going to do a refeed tomorrow. Macros will be 500c 65f 220p. This should get some fuel in me for a great workout, and restore my leptin and what not. After the refeed I will continue with new macros of 300c 75f 220p and keep pushing towards 200 lbs!

Weight: 204.4 lbs

Feeling full and rejuvenated food wise. Had a long and busy day and actually didn't end up getting my workout in. Tomorrow I should be able to get it done and I'll be back on the grind at normal macros.

Weight: 204.6 lbs

Got a great upper body workout in, struggling with temptation to eat whatever I want atm... just gonna go to bed before I **** it up again lol.

Bah, I ****ed up again. So close to just going to bed too, obviously I have cravings to binge lately so I'm gonna bump up my carbs to around 400 and see what happens. Today I don't really feel like 400 carbs so it will probably be less. After that though new macros will be 400/75/220 I'll document whatever changes and hopefully just eat normally.

Creating bodily entropy. Gen1GT's Avatar
    Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's your activity level like? I calculated 3155 calories just for your macros at 400/75/220.

Keep up that focus!
    286 lbs - March 11, 2019 (started Keto)
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

Originally Posted by Gen1GT View Post
    What's your activity level like? I calculated 3155 calories just for your macros at 400/75/220.

Keep up that focus!
    Activity for me is usually high; I have a physically active job and I normally workout 6 times a week. Thanks for the encouragement!

I officially failed... as much as I hate admitting it, I have officially failed my 200 goal. I probably should have listened to my body and backed off the dieting a little bit the first time I binged on the 13th. Instead, I tried even harder to get to 200 and ended up totally falling off the wagon these past few days; I'm probably sitting at a 15 lb gain over 3 days... wtf I'm too stubborn for my own good lol. I guess it's just hard for me to back off because it feels like I'm giving up. Anyway I have to make sure I never binge, its literally the most detrimental thing to my progress. I was thinking about it and when I see the numbers it makes it easier to comprehend. Lets say I eat at 2600 calories for 6 days and I have 1 cheat/binge day where I go maybe 7000 calories over 2600. I could have just eaten 3700+ calories every day of the week... now how stupid is that. So from that I can take in that I absolutely can't binge ever, EVER! the only thing I may incorporate into my diet more, at least when I get to a lower body fat percentage is a refeed day where I intake maybe 100% more carbs or something. I only did that once during my last attempt at 200 lbs, I think if I had done more refeeds it might have been easier and more productive. Anyway I'm just thinking out loud here, let me know if u guys have any ideas that might help me out.
    I'm gonna go on a walk and try to clear my mind and figure out my goals from here.

Back to square one

Goal: Drop to 210 lbs and hold, don't go any further; practice restraint and maintenance. Change my lifestyle to allow for lower amounts of food in the future.
    Plan: Log on here every day; I'll start out with the macros of 400c 75f 220p

Weight: 220.8 lbs

It feels so regrettable regarding my massive ****up. I need to make sure that if I ever want or start to binge to back off the dieting and reevaluate my goals and methods to fit my current lifestyle. Everything should always be tracked. It doesn't necessarily have to be low calories, it just needs to stay tracked. When I stop tracking I use it as an excuse to go crazy. Anyway keeping my thoughts to the future. Learn from the past, Live in the present, and Plan for the future!

Weight: 217.2 lbs

Slowly getting things back together. Finally done with my deload week, cant wait to hit it hard again and bring on the gains!