Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50) devinfrawley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Prodigy94 View Post
    All of you guys are fucking *******s. Telling him it's a good video for reps.

OP - I suggest you read the stickies before you try to claim that you're a nutrition expert and/or fitness guru.

400-2,000 calories surplus is ridiculous. Ratios are completely unnecessary.

What is necessary, however, is that one hits his/her macros, and micros. Those macros being min. 0.45g/fat x bodyweight, 1g/lbm a day while hitting caloric goals and reaching micronutrient sufficiencies.

The amount your body burns daily is not its maintenance. The amount your body burns daily normally is your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Your activity factor is called your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). If your multiply your BMR by your TDEE, that is your maintenance. You eat at maintenance to stay the same weight.

To gain muscle (while minimizing fat gains), one should eat at 10-20% above maintenance. To lose weight, one can eat 300-1000 calories. To lose fat, one should eat approx. 500cals under maintenance per day while LIFTING HEAVY to maintain muscle mass (and increase strength if a noob). Obese people can go for 1000+cals sometimes.

Strong broscience.

Read the stickies.
    This pretty much sums up this whole thread pretty well
    Go Heavy or Go Home

xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpin2winx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i disagree with alot of things you are saying. Rep ranges for example. I find the best muscular growth and strength from 4-6 rep range keeping good not perfect form with good mind muscle connection. In the end it all depends on your genetics anyway but i mean 10-16 reps for hypertrophy. Its like telling a skinny kid to hammer curl 15lbs when he could be using 35lbs and getting used to heavy weights. As for the junk food. If you have dedicated followers that are getting into fitness but arent that dedicated to lifting and nutrition yet. Thats going to turn them off. If you eat junk food you should eat less of it and in moderation. I didnt gain 65 pounds in two years eating chicken and green beans everyday. I ate 75% clean and 25% dirty. Otherwise i think its a good video for beginners to help them understand the basics.
    Last edited by xpin2winx2; 01-21-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Extivium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hate "workout rules." You gotta go with the flow ya know?