Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's strange. I always feel dead after a good workout, but after a good nap I feel recovered. I along with a few other acquaintances are decently successful entrepreneurs, and love powerlifting. We all need to use our brains quite heavily, and quite often. None of us have experienced this problem.

naimshaikh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Brain Fog Solution . 100% worked for me.

Originally Posted by theduffman View Post
    So I've noticed that after lifting heavy I cannot think as well for up to 48 hours. If I try and lift then go to class I cannot pay attention at all, and for the day or two after I lift I don't have the same attention span. It is very discouraging for me, especially because this is my last year in college and I am about to take the LSAT - I don't want to give up lifting heavy, but I've definitely noticed when I lift light or don't wear myself out as much I can study much better and pay attention better for the week. I don't want to become a runner and give up lifting, but I will if it means better overall cognitive function. I don't think it's a nutrition thing - I take a scoop and a half of whey plus a scoop of waxy maize immediately after working out, then a meal about an hour after lifting. My diet is pretty good actually - for breakfast I swap between peanut butter toast and a glass of milk to yogurt with extra protein granola to egg in the hole (fried eggs on toast). For other meals I normally cook meat in a pan with some olive oil - chicken, fish, steak, or ground beef. I eat very lean burgers, chicken in pasta with olive oil and I can't believe it's not butter, fish on toast, steak with baked potatoes or stuff baked potatoes with cold cuts like turkey or pastrami, steak and mashed potatoes etc. Any suggestions or does anybody have any general tips for ways to improve cognitive function/brain health either through nutrition or different ways of exercising? Obviously lifting heavy does wear and tear on your CNS and I am busy with a lot of other things like school (and for those who know me I am on the debate team and do a good amount of research/ give series of speeches fairly frequently that are very stressful) and your nervous system doesn't really distinguish between the stress of lifting and everyday life, but maybe there are ways to increase nervous system capacity maybe through more cardio? Or if the solution is just to eat a ****load of calories I'm fine with that too.. whatever it takes

cliffs -
    When I lift heavy I can't study as well any tips?

Since last 8-9 years I suffered from extreme Brain Fog.
    ONCE I WORKOUT I FEEL DIZZINESS AND BRAIN FOG TO EXTREME LEVEL UNTIL NEXT 2-3 DAYS.

SOLUTION: CONSUME DATES(KHAJOOR) JUICE EVERY MORNING. (soak 10-15 dates in water for whole night and morning grind this mixture).

Please share it and help others….

kobe19840115 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bodybuildchic32 View Post
    I looked up your post because I get this every time after lifting. 45-1 hour lifting 5 sets of 5-8 reps, about 4-6 exercises. I Definately don't drive well after I know. Seems reaction time or occasions I get lost/mixed up where to go/what I want to do first gets jumbled. I just accept it anymore. I concentrate almost to self meditation working out....then reintroducing multitasking takes time. I also attribute increase in circulation and nutrients traveling to muscles and away from brain as cause. May be chemical related in their release from exercising. Running doesnt cause as much trouble for me. I feel more alert from a run....
    have you got better since then?