Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Creatine & Carbs

After you work out you need some simple carbs for fast absorption, because your body needs a quick burst in energy to recuperate and grow muscle.

After I work out, I take Creatine Monohydrate from Prolab, creapure twinpak. I take about a half a teaspon of prolab creatine like 10 mins after I work out with a glass of welsh grape juice.

I take it with a glass of grape juice because the sugar will shuttle the creatine to the muscles. But as an added bonus, the grape juice has the sugar for simple carbs your muscle is dying for after an intense workout. So this glass of Welsh Grape juice that I take with creatine, does it have the necessary optimal amount of simple carbs my muscles need after a workout. I mean, the simple carbs needed after I work out, can I use that glass of grape juice I take with creatine as that source of carbs I need?

Would that be sufficient?

Also, every night with my supper, I have a teaspoon of philidelphia cheese light with my food. This combined with creatine, am I going get fat?

So two questions..

Thanks
    Sabertooth

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there are many more factors than the 2 you listed (cream cheese and grape juice) that will affect how much adipose tissue you accumulate... it is really quite silly to expect someone to answer that question without much more info. As far as your sugar source... it's not bad... but there are better ones (dextrose and maltodextrin).
    Peace

Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabertooth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Creatine & Carbs

Ok thanks
    But what does Dextrose taste like, how much does it cost?
    Also, regarding using the grape juice as my source of carbs for postworkt, is that a good enough source for my simple carbs? The grape juice I use with creatine that I take 20 mins after I work out?

CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CA954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Creatine & Carbs

Dextrose is found in Celltech (Creatine+Dextrose+ALA) for easier use, but expensive use. Dextrose can also be found in gatorade.
    Last edited by MsFit; 01-13-2004 at 08:28 AM.
    I think it's pretty funny that some people post here more in a single day than I have in over 8 years.

Creatine & Carbs

Ok, but from what people are saying, Grape Juice is better than Gatorade, but now they also say that Dextrose is better than Grape juice, now you say that Gatorade has dextrose?

Also, MORE IMPORTANTLY, after you work out your body needs simple carbs for a quick burst in energy to recuperate and build muscle. Will the simple carbs found in Welsh Grape Juice fulfill this need? Is the amount of Simple Carbs in a glass of grape juice enough for the need of carbs after working out?

cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine & N-Large 2

is mixing in my 100% pure creatine with my N-Large 2 shake (2.5 scoops with water) sufficient enough? because i thought N-Large 2 contains good carbs for an insulin spike....

and also, if it is alright, then is it ok to mix them with milk, or is creatine with the whey and milk not good?
    I just want to get huge

22, 6' 1"

Started 6/01/02 at 115 lbs., now at 160 lbs.

To become a House, you must eat like a House......

shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100)

Re: Creatine & N-Large 2

That's how I always take it, I think it's fine.

cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    with water or milk? i'd rather take them both with milk if it's ok to do so.
    I just want to get huge

22, 6' 1"

tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mixing creatine

What brand of grape or orange juice would be the best brand to use for mixing the creatine? Should it be 100% juice?

Also, is it ok to add protein to the creatine mix?I was wanting to use the Isopure whey isolate. A little something extra to get more protein in.
    Love yourself and you can love others
    Patience is a virtue

Re: mixing creatine

well after a workout you should drink a whey protein shake anyways, so it is alright to add the creatine to it....some protein powder that you can buy already come with creatine in them....and if your whey shake already has carbs in it, then i think you don't even need the juice.....

i'd still like for someone to answer my question about if it's ok to add the creatine to your MILK and whey or if that's bad....
    I just want to get huge

22, 6' 1"

tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanx for the help. I wish I could help you answer your question. I am still trying to get a good understanding on things myself. So I really don't think you want me to answer yours... hhahaha
    I want to tell you that I read somewhere it is not ok. Maybe this site will help a little.

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/derek9.htm
    Patience is a virtue

PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50) PimpJigga will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Creatine & N-Large 2

Originally posted by cruzader777
    is mixing in my 100% pure creatine with my N-Large 2 shake (2.5 scoops with water) sufficient enough? because i thought N-Large 2 contains good carbs for an insulin spike....

and also, if it is alright, then is it ok to mix them with milk, or is creatine with the whey and milk not good?
    That's what I was wondering myself.

I take 2.5 scoops of N-Large 2 post workout & 5g of creatine mixed w/ gatorade powder. Is this sufficent?

Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3R0-CooL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i just read the whole thread and have some questions. PLZ if some of my questions have been answered plz tell me so..
    Some facts that you should know about me.. i am 6ft,18 years old , and i am now 165lbs (75kg), after losing 53lbs (24kg) in one month with intensive diet (i wouldnt call that diet but u know what i mean, i wasnt eating anything and became anorexic) anyway that was on august 2002. i was taking "Prolab CUTS III" which was suggested by a friend. i have been going to the gym since then for almost every day, not Sundays.

QUESTIONS

1) Is taking creatine without taking any whey protein any good?
    2) Is it possible not to gain weight while using creatine?
    3) When one says loading phase does it mean that i should just take creatine and not going to the gym for these 5 days?
    4) will after i stop creatine result in my muscles to return to bad condition? i will be going to the gym.
    5) Do i have to follow a specific Diet with the creatine? cause sometimes i am consumed by an urge to eat Walkers (Crisps), or nutella. I dont have a problem stopping any kind of junk food but sometimes i just feel that i need it.
    6) How should i take creatine? Milk or juice? does it have to be grapes? can i use Pineapple juice?

i think i will buy "AST Micronized Creatine Monohydrate" suggestions are very welcome.

plz answer my questions..

csilva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im on creatine pills for 2 weeks (cant load) i know they suck i learned that and bought cell tech for 20 bucks (best friend works at GNC) so spare me the **** about cell tech , can i load on my new creatine and still get those " normal first week load results" even tho iv been on creatine for the last 2 weeks?
    pain is love , so free

Pre-1960s Work Outs FTW! Blashy's Avatar
    Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yes you could get some of those results. I say could because some people get nothing from a loading phase.

Try it.
    Last edited by MsFit; 01-13-2004 at 08:29 AM.
    You can live a healthy life without Carbs.

You'll die if you eliminate proteins or fats.

lemme ask again, since no one seems to answer yet.......is mixing creatine with N-Large 2 sufficient enough, considering it contains about 16g sugar for 2.5 scoops (which is what i use postworkout)????????????????

Thanks.
    I just want to get huge

22, 6' 1"

creatine n whey

For all your creatine needs, just stick to Prolab's Creatine Twinpak
    It's the best Creatine on the market, and it's creapure.
    Plus it's cheaper than most creatine and superior at the same time.

Get GlycerLean Whey Protein from the makers of Designer Whey.
    Only get GlycerLean, it's time realeased, so you take it 3 times a day, and you get a consistent and continous flow of high quality protein all day.

For the guy who likes junk food and nutella. If you eat alot of junk food while taking creatine, you can get fat. But if you absolutely need it sometimes, only have it right after working out, like 30 mins max after your workout.

If need a flatter stomach, smoke some weed

Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hempie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    someone tell me some answers to this please
    i brought some dextrose from a local brewery for $3.15 for a kilo.
    it looks and tastes like finely milled sugar.
    is this to cheap for good dextrose? how much should i take with creatine for a spike?is there anything better then dextrose or can i get something better?
    www.musashi.com.au

Prayer Clenses the Soul, Pain Clenses the Body

The 3 "D's" of body building
    Dedication
    Discipline
    Determination

Get the F#$# outa my GYM!

Al18328 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cell-thoxy am/pm?

indirectly related.. this product has 12 g. of creatine and a whole bunch of other things. Can you tell me anything you know about it.
    cell-thoxy am/pm?
    Does anyone have an idea what this stuff is? It's called cell-thoxy am/pm and the manufacturer is Nutrition Tech USA. It sounds amazing but it is an ad from the company. I'm actually going to bring it in to my biology teacher and see if he can tell me, if it should work how it's described. It's new so Idk if any of you will know first hand but anything helps. Thanks. Al Green
    http://www.supplementshack.com/cgi-...egory=NTE&pid=7

Report this post to

Woodson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    weird how supplement companies change suggested use..

old prolab creatine suggested use says..

As a dietary supplement , take one rounded teaspoon (5grams) 4 times per day for 3 days during the loading phase. For maintanence, take 1 rounded teaspoon once a day for 8 weeks. Follow this with 4 weeks of no creatine monohydrate supplementation before repeating cycle. Mix with juice or water.

The new re-designed bottle prolab creatine says then I just got

It says on the bottle for best results take after meals 1/2 teaspoon (approx 1.5g) 3 times daily. Dissolve in liquid. Its a 5g creatine per 1 teaspoon.

I work out in the mornings so I should be taking it before my workout, then after workout with a carb meal and another one sometime with my evening meal.

so which one the best way ?

and why do companies do that?
    Peace and Love

PHANTOM357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and CKD

Hey guys,
    I'm currently doing the CKD with Sun.-Fri. afternoon (low carbs) and Fri. afternoon to Sat. Midnight (carb loading). Should I only take creatine when I'm carb. loading or is it okay to take it everyday as long as it is the no carb version for the low carb days? Thanks!!!

PHANTOM357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Correction

I currently have the EAS Creatine Fruit Punch Flavor which has dextrose. Is it okay to take regular creatine (no fillers) during CKD?

dean461 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a couple more questions:

When I take Creatine before a work out it kinda
    feels like I push myself harder and lift a bit more?

Is that because of the creatine or what?

I heard that you shouldn't take creatin on a FULL
    stomach so I've been takin it on an empty one.

How bad is that ?

In the morning I have a drink of creatine
    and a protein shake. The Protein shake fills me up
    so I take the reatine first? should I take it first or last?

Woodson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take any foods at least 2-3 hours before your workout, you dont want to be full when you go and work out. And take creatine 1 hour before a workout.
    Last edited by MsFit; 01-13-2004 at 08:29 AM.
    Peace and Love

shaguar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

creatine and hot water

I mix creatine with hot water to dissolve most the powder-does this damage the creatine in any way to make it less affective? the water is not boiling, more like the temp of a hot bath-thx

Bill22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i heard u can ask creatine questions in here so here is my question: i like the results i get from creatine, but one of the more common side effects, are a possible upset stomach or prolbems like that. and i dont mean stomach ache, but going to the bathroom more and stuff like that. i hate that side effect, anything i can do to stop it?

There is a chance that you are taking to much in a serving. I have red allot of Big Cats articles on Creatine and he says that if you get to much in your doses then it is aldo possible that you can end up with diariah. Her is a piece from his article. I hope this helps.

"None that can't be prevented or helped. The most common is dehydration. More water-absorption naturally means you need to be drinking more, especially during training. Another little side-effect that may be present at the onset is diarrhea. The excess creatine that you don't absorb may drag more water into your stool than you'd prefer, which is why I don't advise using more than 10 grams in a maintenance phase. And the last side-effect that is associated with creatine is having to urinate a lot. The problem goes away with time, and other than two or three more visits to the restroom, it won't inconvenience you.

Creatine is definitely one of the best and safest supplements currently available to the modern bodybuilder. The industry has clearly done its best to make it more effective and competitively priced. And ask any and all of today's supplement gurus, no matter who they get their paycheck from, they will tell you this is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. "
    Last edited by MsFit; 01-13-2004 at 08:30 AM.
    Patience is a virtue

How much Dextrse

I weigh in at 150 lbs. I am planning to mix this dextrose with my 5 grams of creatine, 1 scoop whey protein (25grams), and water. I just am unclear of how much detrse to use. I had read in the BB forum that it should be 50 grams. But I felt safer with asking in here beings this is where the knowledge to creatin is. I have printed and read this thread 2 times now and I am pretty sure it is not in here.
    Patience is a virtue

tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

newbie to creatine

======================================= "AST Micronized Creatine, 1000 grams" Shipped From: FL
    =======================================

just bought this today im very new to this im 37 years of age and have a bit of a tire around my waist that im trying get rid of.can you tell me on a caustious note
    how i can take this to get the best results.I read all the post here but im getting a bit leary on the turning to fat and 900000 gazillion grams thingy lol.also im very new to workingout should i see some good results im 208 lbs now and 5'11.also if i have no other chose but to take this stuff twice a day which it states on the bottle with some juice for best effects as far as getting insulin up and running to jam this creatine into my muscle baby!will i get fatterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Hard work pays off.Lift big or go home :)
    PART OF THE RANTER BOYZ CLUB
    nothin but a peanut. yo buddyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    my stats page[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=531985[/url]

tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dextrose and maltodextrin?

complex carbs?

sugar stays in the system what ever isn't used turns to fat.

this stuff they say does what it does and goes out.

is this good?

'creatine and this for loading and maintaining?
    Hard work pays off.Lift big or go home :)
    PART OF THE RANTER BOYZ CLUB
    nothin but a peanut. yo buddyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    my stats page[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=531985[/url]