Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whats really wrong with 5 conference champions and next best overall team. Would fix everything this and most years. Plus it can still make for an underdog story in the playoffs.

Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Clne12 View Post
    Whats really wrong with 5 conference champions and next best overall team. Would fix everything this and most years. Plus it can still make for an underdog story in the playoffs.
    Until there's a legitimate argument for the next best team being between 2+ teams. Then people would want 8+ team playoffs. It is impossible to appease everyone. They should just stick with 4.

Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clne12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    Until there's a legitimate argument for the next best team being between 2+ teams. Then people would want 8+ team playoffs. It is impossible to appease everyone. They should just stick with 4.
    There is no argument most years. This year and last year it was OSU. Other then that its simple just win your conference

Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is no argument most years. This year and last year it was OSU. Other then that its simple just win your conference
    There is always an argument for it, always. And if they change it now people will say things like, "It was changed once, why can't they change it again to make it more fair to everyone?" Snowball effect, my dude. Most people were pretty happy when the playoff system was put in place. Now people are kind of upset and wanting some change. It's like Jerry Jones wanting more playoff teams involved in the NFL so his team could make it a year or two ago.

TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Because if va tech beats Clemson, or UF beats Bama - then they would go to the playoff. Wouldn't be good for the playoffs to have mediocre teams sneak in
    *ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE*

Originally Posted by TheStove123 View Post
    Because if va tech beats Clemson, or UF beats Bama - then they would go to the playoff. Wouldn't be good for the playoffs to have mediocre teams sneak in
    If they can beat these "playoff" level teams in big time games on a neutral field they must not be that mediocre.

It essentially just makes conference championships part of the playoffs without adding more games.

Staunch Nationalist criminal_manne's Avatar
    criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would love to see your opinion on a conference championship requirement if OSU was going to be in one.

Strong cognitive dissonance. I've seen so many OSU fans bring up PSU being one of the best teams in the country whenever someone brings up the fact that PSU beat them. It wasn't a fluke. Y'all played poorly in a number of games this year and one of those teams ended up winning. Your bias is insane lol
    Idc what other tOSU fans say. My opinion is Penn St. isn't that good.

Yes we have played poorly. We were a lot better last year and light years better two years ago. That being said, there aren't any great teams (Outside maybe Alabama, but I think their overrated and beatable).

Plus I'm talking about reality, not how I think it should be. Fact is being a conference champion is not a requirement. Ohio State is a Top4 team this year.
    Browns/Indians/Cavs/Buckeyes
    High Test Crew

Originally Posted by criminal_manne View Post
    Idc what other tOSU fans say. My opinion is Penn St. isn't that good.

Yes we have played poorly. We were a lot better last year and light years better two years ago. That being said, there aren't any great teams (Outside maybe Alabama, but I think their overrated and beatable).

Plus I'm talking about reality, not how I think it should be. Fact is being a conference champion is not a requirement. Ohio State is a Top4 team this year.
    Was it just losing all those players to the draft that is the cause of performance decline? I don't follow OSU so I honestly don't know. I just know you ****ers drowned the first round with picks.

Alabama is going to be a lot tougher than you think. Our defense is absolutely amazing (only team to not allow them to score 30 [they scored 10]) and their defense is an absolute monster. I think their defense only allows 60-70 ypg on the ground. Can't forget that they have the greatest college coach ever, either. I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong if I am, though.

The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    How can you be the best when you don't even win your conference?

They can't penalize a conference champion because of politics and name recognition.

They are setting a precedent. They are minimizing the cfb regular season. This all could've been solved had they dropped ohio state and Michigan when they lost the otber week.
    But nope they get that under the table money and keep these schools ranked high. The committee is bad for cfb.
    They aren't minimizing the regular season. **** St has two losses. And only 1 win of any substance. Buckeyes have 1 fewer loss, played a tougher overall schedule, a tougher non-conference schedule, and have more quality wins. This isn't even a contest.
    Remember, no Russian.

Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's said that conference championship isn't required only used as a tie breaker.
    I never try anything I just do it!

Staunch Nationalist criminal_manne's Avatar
    criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Was it just losing all those players to the draft that is the cause of performance decline? I don't follow OSU so I honestly don't know. I just know you ****ers drowned the first round with picks.

Alabama is going to be a lot tougher than you think. Our defense is absolutely amazing (only team to not allow them to score 30 [they scored 10]) and their defense is an absolute monster. I think their defense only allows 60-70 ypg on the ground. Can't forget that they have the greatest college coach ever, either. I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong if I am, though.
    Ohio States defense is amazing.

Their problem has been on offense. JT Barrett is poor passing the ball. We don't have an elite Wide Reicever or Tight End. The Achilles heal is we have zero deep threat.

When we won the National Championship we had Michael Thomas and Cardale Jones with the ability to throw deep accurate lasers + Ezekiel Elliot. Barrett is a great runner but a terrible passer.

We have struggled against trash teams because we have no deep threat and no good receivers (Samuel is a hybrid receiver/back)
    Browns/Indians/Cavs/Buckeyes
    High Test Crew

AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Osu had the youngest starting roster in the country to start the season. Most fans probably expected 2-3 losses and a return to the playoff next season considering their schedule. The beatdown they put on Oklahoma changed the expectations.

Osu has a pretty good defense that can force pressure and turnovers. Their offense has playmakers but is far too inconsistent to feel confident if they made the playoff. After 2014 I can't underestimate a meyer coached team, but if they made the playoff I can't see them beating Alabama again. Not with the way the offense played today.

isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think OSU is already in based on the strength of their resume. I expect a lot of speculation though because it gets clicks and drives TV ratings.

still, Wisconsin taking out PSU next week would be appreciated so as to calm the playoff chitstorm
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Cleveland Cavaliers

TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheStove123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AriGhold View Post
    Osu had the youngest starting roster in the country to start the season. Most fans probably expected 2-3 losses and a return to the playoff next season considering their schedule. The beatdown they put on Oklahoma changed the expectations.

Osu has a pretty good defense that can force pressure and turnovers. Their offense has playmakers but is far too inconsistent to feel confident if they made the playoff. After 2014 I can't underestimate a meyer coached team, but if they made the playoff I can't see them beating Alabama again. Not with the way the offense played today.
    Yeah, I was looking at OSU's roster for next year during th game. If you guys have a qb waiting and the o-line gets better, that team will be stacked next year
    *ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE*

Average Supplement User ScivationLead's Avatar
    ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheStove123 View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at OSU's roster for next year during th game. If you guys have a qb waiting and the online gets better, that team will be stacked next year
    Crazy, but Barrett could be back next year for another shot at it
    Nutrabolt Lead Company Rep

Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think OSU is in regardless. As one of the ESPN commentators said: They have the best resume (wins over Oklahoma, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin) with their only loss to a top 10 team. He also mentioned Alabama is the best team and is a lock as well (obvious).

I don't think it's really going to matter with what happens to PSU.

Extremely fair assessment. They are a lock for the playoffs, but they are not a Championship team this year. So young and talented, but JT can't efficiently run the offense when he thinks too much. Crazy they are the youngest starting team in CFB to start the year.

The defense is really good at bending but not breaking, and creating turnovers. I'm sure they are one, if the not the, fastest D in the country. But creating enough turnovers in 2 playoff games at the highest level to win it all? Really hard to do without much O support.

Here's my take on teams this year:

1. Alabama

2-.....: OSU, Michigan, Clemson, Wisconsin, Washington, Penn State, Colorado, etc all so close. Heck, USC could compete with everyone as well in that group.
    Last edited by Krunk Fu; 11-26-2016 at 07:21 PM.

open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500) open_society is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^ all this conversation is why college football is a joke.

LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LeonardShelby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Neapolitan1 View Post
    Because conf championships are based on conf record not overall record.

It's not a hard decision. You ask yourself honestly "is there any coach in the country who would rather play OSU than PSU right now?" If the answer is no, argument over. And you and I both know what the answer is.

I'm interested in seeing the 4 best teams go at it. Not the teams who checked some random boxes people have decided they need.
    Ohio State beat MSU by 1 PSU blew them out. If not for the refs Michigan probably stomps tOSU too. How much better than Michigan or PSU is tOSU really? Could've solved it all by not having the tOSU Michigan game rigged.
    Rep trading taken out of sig

YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    8 team playoff would solve all our problems but since it's so logical, we won't do it.
    *Lone Star Crew*
    Texas A&M Engineering

Reps fellow Aggies on sight
    If you change mine, I'll change yours...nomisayian?
    **12/28/14 jamespoe1's Legendary Thread Crew**

Number of times banned: 3

Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunk Fu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LeonardShelby View Post
    Ohio State beat MSU by 1 PSU blew them out. If not for the refs Michigan probably stomps tOSU too. How much better than Michigan or PSU is tOSU really? Could've solved it all by not having the tOSU Michigan game rigged.
    lol go cry in your safe space.. you're easy to throw out bullchit ref excuses, when PSU had same calls go their way against OSU. get over it pussy

did refs cause the missed field goals that would have prevented the OT? did the refs cause the horrible interceptions, one for a TD? lolol

Originally Posted by criminal_manne View Post
    Ohio States defense is amazing.

Their problem has been on offense. JT Barrett is poor passing the ball. We don't have an elite Wide Reicever or Tight End. The Achilles heal is we have zero deep threat.

When we won the National Championship we had Michael Thomas and Cardale Jones with the ability to throw deep accurate lasers + Ezekiel Elliot. Barrett is a great runner but a terrible passer.

We have struggled against trash teams because we have no deep threat and no good receivers (Samuel is a hybrid receiver/back)
    I just checked and we're ranked 14 while y'all are 4. Again, I haven't watched that many OSU games. My apologies. Michigan has the top ranked defense and y'all just beat them so yeah.

Y'all not having a good passing game could be a disaster for y'all against Bama, like it was with us. Fournette and Guice are both amazing RBs and they got stuffed. Our WRs are great but our QB is, I guess, average at best. Y'all have the benefit of JT being able to run, though. That's a plus for y'all but Bama's ability to stop our run. I don't know. It'd definitely be a fun game to watch. Maybe y'all can have some success with quick passes.

I think it's known that I hate OSU, but I got so mad last year when Elliot was running the ball down whichever team's throat and y'all stopped giving him the ball. I think that's a game that y'all lost and Elliot was pissed about. Didn't he say something about not being given the ball enough last year? That man is a special kind of back.

I know that the OSU fans on this forum obviously don't make speak for all of y'all but I saw so many saying that they were going to run the table before the season started. Mind = blown if a lot of y'all really thought y'all were going to lose 2-3 games.

I would never underestimate an Urban team, either. I just think that Saban is a god tier coach and you can rank the rest in any way that you want. I don't see y'all beating them this year, but they did struggle against us so who knows. Anything can happen in college football. Y'all also played Michigan today. Their defense is fantastic. Bama's defense isn't quite as good.

God damn I hate y'all lol. Not ashamed to say that I'm jealous.

I think it's known that I hate OSU, but I got so mad last year when Elliot was running the ball down whichever team's throat and y'all stopped giving him the ball. I think that's a game that y'all lost and Elliot was pissed about. Didn't he say something about not being given the ball enough last year? That man is a special kind of back.

I know that the OSU fans on this forum obviously don't make speak for all of y'all but I saw so many saying that they were going to run the table before the season started. Mind = blown if a lot of y'all really thought y'all were going to lose 2-3 games.
    1. Yeah he said he should have had the ball more and they would have won.. and I don't disagree. It was in the moment but he was right. He was one of the more special backs I've ever seen.

2. It's understandable though. Youngest roster to start CFB and the youngest OSU roster in 46 years. I guess when you have a coach like Saban or Meyer combined with their level of recruiting, anything is possible.

AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Of course there were the fans that think we are going to go undefeated every season. Having meyer and a QB with 15+ starts under his belt already and you thought anything could happen. But we had @oklahoma @wisconsin @penn st @MSU and Michigan on our roster. 2 of last year's playoff teams on the road and several other tough tests. The last team I thought we would lose to would be Penn St but there were definitely losses on that schedule.

Saban is in a tier of his own but don't lump meyer with anyone else. He's tier 2 everyone else is behind him

tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by open_society View Post
    This is why college football is a joke.

As i have pointed out in many threads.

Time to stop the rot, put the teams into tiered conferences 1-whatever, and reward good teams by moving them up and bad teams by relegation.

Enough is enough Larry Culpepper is a flaming homosexual.
    Lol straight up. Brb having who gets to play for the championship decided by f*cking Condoleeza Rice.

Even baseball ditched the 4 team playoff system and they only have 30 teams. Meanwhile CFB has like 500. Make it 8 teams and end this retarded commitee stuff already.
    ***Canadian Crew***

Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Michigan should still be in the playoff. If it's not about record and just putting the four best teams in...I watched that game today and I thought Michigan was the better team. It obviously didn't work out for them in the end but if they played that game 10 times on a neutral field I'd bet money they won the majority of them.

Alabama
    Ohio St
    Washington
    Michigan

Would be my top 4 right now. Only other teams I'd consider are PSU and USC. Clemson is trash. They'd get destroyed in the playoffs by any of those teams.

Originally Posted by Krunk Fu View Post
    1. Yeah he said he should have had the ball more and they would have won.. and I don't disagree. It was in the moment but he was right. He was one of the more special backs I've ever seen.

2. It's understandable though. Youngest roster to start CFB and the youngest OSU roster in 46 years. I guess when you have a coach like Saban or Meyer combined with their level of recruiting, anything is possible.
    Y'all absolutely would've won that game. I was scratching my head the entire second half wondering wtf y'all were thinking not feeding him the ball. I don't blame him for being upset. Y'all would've been a force to reckon with in the playoffs.

I know y'all recruit from all over the country but where is the OSU recruit hotspot? We're lucky enough to be the only major school in Louisiana so a ton of our talent is homegrown. I know there are tons of people that would kill to play for Saban or Meyer. but every school has their go-to recruitment area. I can't see it being fun playing for Saban. Urban doesn't look like as big of an ******* as the dwarf so that's a big benefit for y'all.
    Of course there were the fans that think we are going to go undefeated every season. Having meyer and a QB with 15+ starts under his belt already and you thought anything could happen. But we had @oklahoma @wisconsin @penn st @MSU and Michigan on our roster. 2 of last year's playoff teams on the road and several other tough tests. The last team I thought we would lose to would be Penn St but there were definitely losses on that schedule.

Saban is in a tier of his own but don't lump meyer with anyone else. He's tier 2 everyone else is behind him
    I just never saw any of y'all saying there was a chance to lose a few is all. A QB with a lot of starts doesn't mean ****. IE: Brandon Harris.

MSU is complete dog**** this year. but I can see y'all worrying about it before the season started. Makes me happy seeing you mention Wisconsin. I got so much **** when we lost to them. I'm with you on not thinking y'all would've lost to PSU. That game blew my ****ing mind. I still think y'all should've dropped further in rank after that loss. Only dropped a few spots. I just thought it was unfair but I don't remember the records of teams after y'all. I've just always pictured a top 5 team losing to an unranked team dropped 10 spots or so. Even without the talent y'all had last year, y'all should've been destroying people this year.

I wasn't downplaying Urban's coaching. He's absolutely incredible. I was just trying to emphasize how good Saban's coaching is.
    Originally Posted by tonyparker69 View Post
    Lol straight up. Brb having who gets to play for the championship decided by f*cking Condoleeza Rice.

Even baseball ditched the 4 team playoff system and they only have 30 teams. Meanwhile CFB has like 500. Make it 8 teams and end this retarded commitee stuff already.
    Krusher > SOG

There's a problem with changing it to 8 teams, though. You change it once and then you'll constantly have other teams bitching that it should be 10+ when they barely miss the playoffs. I say leave it at 4. Play better if you want to make it to the playoffs. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows (Kov was robbed and you know it).

What do y'all think of LSU's coaching bull****? I think coach O can do a fantastic job IF we get a QB that's worth a ****. Our defense will be better next year but without a consistently good QB it will all be for naught. Aside from our coaching situation finally being settled (Alleva needs to be fired asap), we have the #6 pro-style QB for next season. We need an offensive coordinator that can help him and Etling develop. Have Etling play next year while Brennan learns/develops. Then we can hopefully compete with y'all in 2018.

Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Transitive property for the loss. Doesn't work in sports morons. Jesus.

What the point of having a strong OOC schedule/strength of schedule if you just go by conference champs? Either make it a conference champ thing or a strength of schedule w/l thing.
    Last edited by Drufeus; 11-27-2016 at 02:45 AM.

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whats really wrong with 5 conference champions and next best overall team.
    Because then the committee couldn't pander to osu brahs shtting the bed in high stakes games but still wanting a playoff presence. Duh.

Letting Michigan State then ****Penn rep your division. Just wow... Anyways, we need someone to make the Playoff Rankings thread on tuesday. Edit: I just wrote it out, it's actually very straight forward. Going to be absolute chaos after the ship games tho #4Washington vs #9Colorado. Intredasting...

1: Alabama
    2: Osu
    3: Clemson
    4: Washington
    5: Michigan
    6: Wisconsin
    7: Penn
    Last edited by W1LLW; 11-27-2016 at 04:27 AM.
    DCA'ing FXS since Sept2022
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ohio St. gets in and the NCAA fully publicizes that they haven't fully forgiven PSU yet.
    Hi

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Krunk Fu View Post
    I think OSU is in regardless. As one of the ESPN commentators said: They have the best resume (wins over Oklahoma, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin) with their only loss to a top 10 team. He also mentioned Alabama is the best team and is a lock as well (obvious).

I don't think it's really going to matter with what happens to PSU.

Extremely fair assessment. They are a lock for the playoffs, but they are not a Championship team this year. So young and talented, but JT can't efficiently run the offense when he thinks too much. Crazy they are the youngest starting team in CFB to start the year.

The defense is really good at bending but not breaking, and creating turnovers. I'm sure they are one, if the not the, fastest D in the country. But creating enough turnovers in 2 playoff games at the highest level to win it all? Really hard to do without much O support.

Here's my take on teams this year:

1. Alabama

2-.....: OSU, Michigan, Clemson, Wisconsin, Washington, Penn State, Colorado, etc all so close. Heck, USC could compete with everyone as well in that group.
    How is OSU not considered a championship team? While I agree that Bama looks a head above everyone else, they just have to beat them once and are clearly the #2 team.

Originally Posted by Sema2015 View Post
    Michigan should still be in the playoff. If it's not about record and just putting the four best teams in...I watched that game today and I thought Michigan was the better team. It obviously didn't work out for them in the end but if they played that game 10 times on a neutral field I'd bet money they won the majority of them.

Alabama
    Ohio St
    Washington
    Michigan

Would be my top 4 right now. Only other teams I'd consider are PSU and USC. Clemson is trash. They'd get destroyed in the playoffs by any of those teams.
    Hoping this somehow works itself out and bold is the CFP
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon