Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    This is the problem I have with OP's argument. I'm sure there are people that believe in their heart of hearts that an event they experienced was spiritual when it most likely wasn't. For example, the people that see the face of jesus in a piece of burnt toast or the cork of a wooden plank, or the people that claim to have seen heaven after a near death experience when its just their body releasing a bunch of DMT into their brain.

"taking someones word for something" is not proof. If you can't replicate the event among skeptics, then the argument immediately falls a part.
    Also reminds me of Jordan Peterson who was talking about tribes in africa who perform magic rituals and see bizzare sh*t together, he basically said the way they know someone is crazy is when they see something that everybody else doesn't.

Speaking of DMT, something that stood out to me was the fact that everybody has the same sort of vision.

Regarding your last part, you most certainly can repeat it, it's just that you have to have a specific type of spiritual composition to be able to contact the spirit realm - so like you need to be a yogi, witchdoctor, warlock, etc.

Originally Posted by dingler View Post
    There have been a lot of bigfoot sightings where I live but I've never seen one. Does that mean it is real?
    Depends - does the bigfoot religion have 6 billion followers?
    "It's hard to be yourself in a world filled with haters" - WiseOldApe.

"Why be anything when you can be an influencer?" - WiseOldApe.

"It's not about what is said - it's about who it is said by" - WiseOldApe.

"People strive for equality, once they attain it, they fight for superiority" - WiseOldApe.

"Nobody hates authority more than one who themselves lusts after that exact authority" - WiseOldApe.

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IPoopStandingUp View Post
    Ok buddy I'm arrogant for not believing something you can't prove. Sure
    Do you require proof that ever building requires a building?

Ever painting a painter?

Every creation a creator?

Every simulation a programmer?
    As above, so below;
    As within, so without.
    Nothing rest; everything moves; everything vibrates.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=185271663&p=1701118833#post1701118833

WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post

Ever painting a painter?

That's the thing though, when you actually study this stuff and make sense you it you realise that a human being can not have evolved - we are made in the image of God.

That means we have all the faculties of God, and we can even create life (have babies).

"People strive for equality, once they attain it, they fight for superiority" - WiseOldApe.

"Nobody hates authority more than one who themselves lusts after that exact authority" - WiseOldApe.

dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends - does the bigfoot religion have 6 billion followers?
    So it's the number of followers/believers that makes something true?

I myself believe in Jesus and God due to personal experiences over the years but I don't see how my beliefs could possibly influence someone else. Maybe they could see that I am happy and have peace in my life and attribute it to my faith but unless someone has a similar personal experience what good are my beliefs to them?
    no crew crew

So it's the number of followers/believers that makes something true?

I myself believe in Jesus and God due to personal experiences over the years but I don't see how my beliefs could possibly influence someone else. Maybe they could see that I am happy and have peace in my life and attribute it to my faith but unless someone has a similar personal experience what good are my beliefs to them?
    I always tell this to people - go make up a god and your religion and see how far you go and how many people you convert.

I can tell you already you will convert noone - so it makes you wonder why there's so many christians, muslims, or hindus around.

The only way to make it work is if you can contact the spirit realm and get some favours and they will do their magic and create a following - this is how people like Osho or sadhguru get their cult like followings.

WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000) WCline is just really nice. (+1000)
    Prove to me flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist

dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WiseOldApe View Post
    I always tell this to people - go make up a god and a religion and see how far you go and how many people you convert.

I can tell you already you will convert noone - so it makes you wonder why there's so many christians, muslims, or hindus around.
    Interesting thought.
    no crew crew

Originally Posted by WCline View Post
    That's my point in the OP, no one actually believes flying spaghetti monster exist.

You'd have known that if you had any reading comprehension skills .

Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I only read thread titles and my own posts.

cVc (OIF/OEF): *Retired*
    Sorry for perfect english; I have a degree.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

Read post 35 please

Interesting thought.
    Well yeah, exactly - they don't call me wiseoldape for no reason....

AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Humans use God to cope with that they dont understand. During the Greek/Roman times their were plentiful Gods to describe that which science had yet to understand. Volcanos erupting? Thats just Hepestis forging weapons for the gods. Tsunami? Poseidon is angry. Lightining struck a house and caught it on fire? Zeus was angry.

Now of course we know why a volcano erupts, we know why there are waves in the oceans and we know why there is lightning. However, we do not know what happens when you die and we do not know what happened prior to this life, therefore we have a God to explain it. Maybe one day we will know what happens when we die as we figured out many other once unsolvable problems.

Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interesting thought.
    No the **** it isn’t lol.

All because I can’t do it with the resources I have doesn’t meant it is impossible for everyone in all conditions.

I can’t create the next new app that is going to take over the world either but someone can and someone will. All because I can’t generate a following, doesn’t mean everyone can’t. All because most can’t doesn’t mean everyone can’t.

People have killed themselves in cults. This dude is not profound lol.

Talking about people can’t start religions.

Bro…in our lives, people have killed themselves for emerging religions. Mormonism is young enough we can know for a fact the things claimed in that book did not happen.

Interesting thought…..

Humans are so gd suggestive and scared looking for answers we will cling to anything.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

Originally Posted by AAGP14 View Post
    Humans use God to cope with that they dont understand. During the Greek/Roman times their were plentiful Gods to describe that which science had yet to understand. Volcanos erupting? Thats just Hepestis forging weapons for the gods. Tsunami? Poseidon is angry. Lightining struck a house and caught it on fire? Zeus was angry.

Now of course we know why a volcano erupts, we know why there are waves in the oceans and we know why there is lightning. However, we do not know what happens when you die and we do not know what happened prior to this life, therefore we have a God to explain it. Maybe one day we will know what happens when we die as we figured out many other once unsolvable problems.
    Bruh those gods originate from sumer (annunaki) - they're litirally the fallen angels from the bible.

They we're not just used to explain volcanoes, they were venerated and worshipped because they offered protection, etc.

Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    No the **** it isn’t lol.

All because I can’t do it with the resources I have doesn’t meant it is impossible for everyone in all conditions.

I can’t create the next new app that is going to take over the world either but someone can and someone will. All because I can’t generate a following, doesn’t mean everyone can’t. All because most can’t doesn’t mean everyone can’t.

People have killed themselves in cults. This dude is not profound lol.

Talking about people can’t start religions.

Bro…in our lives, people have killed themselves for emerging religions. Mormonism is young enough we can know for a fact the things claimed in that book did not happen.

Interesting thought…..

Humans are so gd suggestive and scared looking for answers we will cling to anything.
    Which parts of the book of mormon didn't happen?
    no crew crew

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WCline View Post

I think that's easy without even being sympathetic to religion. Spaghetti monster is a contradiction in terms, in the sense that atheists use it like some sort of ersatz deity.

God is necessarily immaterial, spaceless, timeless, changless, necessary etc. Spaghetti monster is literally two meatballs and a bunch of spaghetti, hence it is extended in space and time, is contingent on the existence of wheat and flour and cows to make beef etc, so to claim it is a deity is just incoherent.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

Which parts of the book of mormon didn't happen?
    mormonism like mohammedanism was started by an 'angel' contacting a man and revealing secret information. I addressed that in post 35 already.

Latest example is that sadhguru guy using his tantric skills on unsuspecting westerns - you can tell they're all brainwashed, they just all say the same sh*t and regurgitate info like a hive mind.

AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000) AAGP14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bruh those gods originate from sumer (annunaki) - they're litirally the fallen angels from the bible.

They we're not just used to explain volcanoes, they were venerated and worshipped because they offered protection, etc.
    The bible is an incoherent mess that i'm not sure how anyone has ever given any credibility.

One of my favorites:
    When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed with water, and it will be unclean till evening.

The bible is an incoherent mess that i'm not sure how anyone has ever given any credibility.
    Well it's because the world wasn't yet graced by your presence, your highness - let me just forget my creator in your name.

Lmao

We are all suggestive, ignorant, and looking for hope.

We were told this wonderful story by people we trust. Smart people who are well off and make good decisions. Our parents and teachers.

You know better than them?

How the **** does anyone not believe lol

Registered User IPoopStandingUp's Avatar
    IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post

Ever painting a painter?

No idea, chief

AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So why do 4 (more like 6 or 7) billion of the 8 billion people believe in the spiritual?

You're saying that every single on of those people is wrong and that you're right?
    For the same reason every sloot believes in astrology.

Just people trying to find meaning, direction, and cause externally. None of them actually had any tangible experience.

Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    God is real boyos. I have asked Him for every blessing that I have and I have been given.

Those who do not believe in the Immortal Singular Creator would still not believe He exists even if you have seen Him with your eyes.
    -"Your Finance Manager is stupid" - Lexira to Executive Officer.

-I am God's vengeance to ladies for what they do to men.

GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lexira View Post
    God is real boyos. I have asked Him for every blessing that I have and I have been given.

Those who do not believe in the Immortal Singular Creator would still not believe He exists even if you have seen Him with your eyes.
    What kinda stuff did you ask him for?
    Fat Guy Coalition
    2024 Bulking Crew
    90/90 Breathing Crew

Reps for life: N0rds

Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GaryRidgway View Post
    What kinda stuff did you ask him for?
    Absolutely everything and I was rewarded with far more than I have asked.

GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lexira View Post
    Absolutely everything and I was rewarded with far more than I have asked.
    so money and sloots?
    Fat Guy Coalition
    2024 Bulking Crew
    90/90 Breathing Crew

Reps for life: N0rds

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That's the thing though, when you actually study this stuff and make sense you it you realise that a human being can not have evolved - we are made in the image of God.

That means we have all the faculties of God, and we can even create life (have babies).
    I don't think you know what this word means
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bodhy View Post
    I think that's easy without even being sympathetic to religion. Spaghetti monster is a contradiction in terms, in the sense that atheists use it like some sort of ersatz deity.

God is necessarily immaterial, spaceless, timeless, changless, necessary etc. Spaghetti monster is literally two meatballs and a bunch of spaghetti, hence it is extended in space and time, is contingent on the existence of wheat and flour and cows to make beef etc, so to claim it is a deity is just incoherent.
    You believe in God now?

Originally Posted by GaryRidgway View Post
    so money and sloots?
    Money and sloots are by-products. Also, both are far too insignificant of a request to ask from the Almighty Creator.

Wisdom is Key.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always tell this to people - go make up a god and your religion and see how far you go and how many people you convert.

but isn't that exactly what has happened throughout history? Joseph Smith and his founding of the Mormon faith, L. Ron Hubbard who started Scientology, and Jim Jones, the founder of Jone's Town where all those people drank the juice and died.

If you're convincing enough and people are desperate enough you will gain a following.

I wager if you lived in a time when literacy and information about the world (no phones/internet etc) was scarce it would be very easy to coerce a bunch of people in a small impoverished town to follow a "prophet" if they believed it would make their lives better.

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    but isn't that exactly what has happened throughout history? Joseph Smith and his founding of the Mormon faith, L. Ron Hubbard who started Scientology, and Jim Jones, the founder of Jone's Town where all those people drank the juice and died.

If you're convincing enough and people are desperate enough you will gain a following.

I wager if you lived in a time when literacy and information about the world (no phones/internet etc) was scarce it would be very easy to coerce a bunch of people in a small impoverished town to follow a "prophet" if they believed it would make their lives better.
    Sure..just like the theory of evolution..which goes against all principles of science & observed reality as we know it.

The question then becomes what is the most reasonable & quantifiable explanation of how this universe & man came about. Clearly God is the only answer that answers these.