Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Adding White Blood V2 to the mix

I received my White Blood V2 from UPS today, of which I am very grateful to the CL reps for allowing me to log this. If you want to follow specific updates as to the effectiveness of White Blood V2, feel free to stop by the Sponsored Log section:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146080713

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    I received my White Blood V2 from UPS today, of which I am very grateful to the CL reps for allowing me to log this. If you want to follow specific updates as to the effectiveness of White Blood V2, feel free to stop by the Sponsored Log section:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146080713
    Yeah buddy! Gotta love those folks at Controlled Labs! They know how to get it DONE!!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Heading into the gym in an hour or so to hit back and triceps. My elbows and wrists are aching, and I'm battling an injured right-knee. Gonna be touch and go with deadlifts today and if I'm not feeling it when warming up, I'll have no qualms about ditching it in lieu of another pulling/rowing motion...

So I can't complain about my workout today. Though I learned a thing or two. I'm doing entirely too much volume for triceps. Between chest twice a week and an arm day and then triceps with back, it's too much. What I will do at this point is for the back/triceps workouts, simply focus on back with maybe a movement or two for triceps depending on how they feel that day. That's what I did today and it was good.

That being said, my knee, though aching like crazy when on it for long periods of time, didn't prove an issue during deadlifts and even though the gym was a sweltering hell hole (100 today in PA), I upped the weight 20 lbs on each set about.

Here we be (sorry for no fancy pants fonts...)

DB Rows: 75x12, 80x10, 85x8, 85x8, 90x6
    Pull-ups: BWx9, BWx8, BWx7 (worse than last week - f'ing hate these!)
    Deadlifts: 135x8, 225x5(warmups), 275x10, 305x8, 325x6, 365x4
    Lat Pulldown Machine: 160x10, 165x10, 165x10
    V-Bar Tricep Pressdown: 140x12, 140x12, 140x12
    CGBP: 165x10, 185x8, 205x5 (skipped last set, arms and chest were too burned out)

Skipped Skullcrushers and Machine Extensions, but like I said, from this point on I'm backing off on the direct tricep work. Will see if the same is needed for excessive bicep work. This usually presents itself in the form of tendonitis in my forearms. So far not too bad though.

Tomorrow is a well deserved off day and hanging with some old friends eating good food, drinking beer and playing some fantasy board games (I'm cool like that)

Backing off on arm volume...

Yesterday was a rest day, characterized by no lifting and no cardio. Hung it out my brothers and friends all day, playing games, eating crap, good stuff like that

Today I was back in the gym. Went ahead and doses 2 White Blood about 45 mins before the gym and then 200 mg of caffeine 15 mins before workout.

Workout was okay considering I didn't get much sleep and ate like crap yesterday. Added weight to all chest exercises except cable crossovers. Fell a rep short on both of the last reps for bench and incline. I think I could have gotten it with a spotter, but at 8 AM I was the only one lifting...

Decided I'm gonna stick with the general outline of this routine for now. However on days when chest pairs with biceps or back pairs with triceps, only going to do 1 or at most 2 movements for arms to help keep the likelihood of overtraining lessened.

Spend 2 hours this afternoon chainsawing a fallen tree at my in-laws intom manageable chunks and then hauling them to the back of their property for disposal. Thoroughly wiped and I have legs tomrorow

Weight: ???

Well I went at legs full-tilt tonight. Was hobbling the rest of the evening and I know DOMs are gonna be a bitch tomorrow. I have a 5-mile race to run on 4th of July morning so hopefully I'm not too screwed.

I didn't go for the 4th rep on my last set of squats (because I was a pussy), but I need to get my head on a bit straighter and really focus on that last set. It's tough because all the volume before has me so wiped I really have to push it!

Weight: ???

I made the decision to forego calf work today since I"ll be doing a 5-mile Firecracker run tomorrow AM. Legs are already a bit sore and fatigued from leg workout yesterday so I know it's gonna be a struggle.

Nothing groundbreaking with today's workout. Really struggled on shoulder press hitting the same weights as last week. I did get my set of 4 at the end but did a bit more push pressing than I would have liked. My upper back was really fatigued from my workout a few days ago.

Gonna move up to 100s for DB shrugs next week. It's as high as our DBs go at the gym so will shoot for 10 and then continuously push the rep count higher and higher.

Everyone enjoy the 4th tomorrow and eat lots of meat and grow big my friends!

No lifting today. However, I did run the annual Firecracker 5-mile race in my home town today. Finished in just over 45 minutes. Not bad for a 200-lb pro bodybuilder in 80 degree heat and high humidity.

Feel like a million bucks now and can't wait for arms tomorrow!!

Weight: 204.3 lbs

After the last week of eating more "bad" food than normal and grilling out burgers, bratwurst and dogs more than normal, my weight has taken a good hit. Convinced at least a pound and a half of that is sodium induced bloat, so will see in the next couple days if I can get my diet under control. Really need to stay under 210 by end of summer if I wanna be in prime striking distance to bring my best ever condition to my show in November.

Arms are on tap for later today, whenever I can get into the gym. My hips are so toasted from the run last night, glad I have a good 4 days at least until my next leg workout. I find sitting up
    in bed is extremely difficult right now....

Arm workout tonight was on par. Got 35s on DB Preacher for all 3 sets. The jump to 40 is going to be a bit much so thinking maybe 1 set of 35x12 and then try for 40x8 and work my way up until I can get 12 reps. Added a good 10 lbs on each set of the reverse curls and my forearms were toast afterwards!

Bench tomorrow and really hoping to be able to hit 245x4 (I came up a rep short last time). TGIF!!!

On a side note, really looking forward to getting back into contest prep mode. I find myself grazing on junk food too often and the discipline is starting to wane. I'm still well under my 210 lb weight cap, but still, don't wanna hit that high if I can help it!

Temporary Setback...

Went to the orthopedic today. X-ray didn't show anything, but it is common to not see any indications of a stress fracture until up to 2 weeks after the injury. So I'm in a big old boot that goes up just below my knee for 2 weeks. No running, squatting, or anything that requires me to push through the floor. Going to try and modify my leg workout to do as much as possible, probably with extensions and curls. Deadlifts are out as well for back day so will have to do some refiguring.

In 2 weeks I get another x-ray and see how things feel. If there appears to be a fracture at that point, it's another 4-6 weeks in a boot and that would be a huge problem as I can deal with no power leg exercises for 2 weeks, but not 2 months. Trying to stay upbeat. Heading into the gym tonight for chest (have to exclude calves though). Will see if I can hit my bench goal tonight or not...

[b[Weight:[/b] ???

So this morning consisted of me getting an appointment with the orthopedic and an x-ray of my left foot. While there was no visible fracture, it is possible a stress fracture still exists and could take up to 2 weeks before visible on x-ray. Therefore my foot is currently in a large, hard boot and will stay in for 2 weeks. I'll get another x-ray then to determine the next course of action. So what does that mean?

It means no squats, deadlifts, barbell rows or anything that requires me to stand and support my bodyweight. I did get into the gym tonight though for chest (had to skip calves for obvious reasons). It was quite difficult with not being able to drive my left foot through the floor on bench, but I managed to do alright. Basically need to adapt as best as possible to this minor setback and focus on making what gains I can....

Well I managed to hobble around the gym this morning and get some back work in. DB Rows were a bit awkward and my lower back was feeling it a bit because I couldn't plant my left foot when rowing with my left side. I wanted to do some wide grip lat-pulldowns but I couldn't get my left leg under the pad because the boot makes my foot that much bigger. It made it really hard to pull when you don't have your legs anchored under the support pad.

I just did a couple sets of tricep extensions to get a pump in there. Triceps still feel pretty wrecked after benching last night so I didn't push the issue.

I will admit it's kind of depressing to not be able to go into the gym and do what you feel you need or want to do. I think these next 2 weeks are gonna be slow, I just have to try to keep the motivation high and push as hard as I can!

Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow sorry to hear about your injury. Really hope there is no fracture and you can get back to training legs again in 2 weeks.
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to conquer."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by Vanguard1965 View Post
    Wow sorry to hear about your injury. Really hope there is no fracture and you can get back to training legs again in 2 weeks.
    Thanks Vanguard - I'm opting to go with the positive mindset as well and hope it's only a 2 week setback. My legs were getting too big anyways

Taking the day off. Mostly lounging on the sofa watching Tour de France and Wimbledon this morning. I think my biggest concern at this point isn't the injury to my foot, but the inability to really do any cardio along with the depression eating that tends to occur when you find yourself sitting in front of the TV for an extended period of time. Worried that my goal of 210 lbs and no heavier by end of August is going to be harder to maintain than anything...

Heading back into the gym tomorrow for chest/bicep work. Legs are the following day so I need to try and figure out what if anything I can do for my legs with this damned boot on!

Weight: 206.7 lbs (+9.2)

I would be lying if I said I wasn't eating like a fat-ass over the past 3 days. It's evident in my scale weight and also with how I'm feeling. With the start of a new work week I am planning on reigning myself back in and getting my focus back in the gym. Life in general is pretty sucky when you have to hobble around everywhere you go and being on your feet for more than 5 minutes at a shot causes discomfort. Anyways, look for a chest/bicep update later this evening once I get into the gym. Hopefully can work out some frustrations there today!

Was thrilled about moving to the 50s for my last set of DB flyes. I think my chest is getting stronger and bigger which is what I want...keeping the pedal to the metal!

So I manned up and went into the gym to at least put in some leg work. Glad I did because I feel better about myself now. My right knee is kind of bothering me, probably from all the extension and curl work, but all in all, I can't complain. Puts the rest of the guys in the gym on alert that I'm not ****ing around if I'm willing to train legs as best I can even with this stupid boot on.

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In!

Originally Posted by HARRYBEAST View Post
    subbed
    Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    In!
    Glad to have you guys along!

I'm 85% sure I'm going to start my show prep a week from this Saturday (July 21st). Hoping my foot is cleared for cardio again and you will see things get full-tilt up in here real fast!

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad to have you guys along!

I'm 85% sure I'm going to start my show prep a week from this Saturday (July 21st). Hoping my foot is cleared for cardio again and you will see things get full-tilt up in here real fast!
    I found a PL meet I am thinking about. Its on Aug 25th though

"Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

I found a PL meet I am thinking about. Its on Aug 25th though
    Dang son, that's right around the corner! Other than obviously getting strong (which nobody is ever strong enough), what do you think you need to work on? I know for me I would wanna practice the lifts with either a coach or experienced competitor to ensure my form is correct and I won't get red-lighted for something. Would you also consider changing up your routine from the 5/3/1 to something more suitable for peaking your strength for the meet?

Dang son, that's right around the corner! Other than obviously getting strong (which nobody is ever strong enough), what do you think you need to work on? I know for me I would wanna practice the lifts with either a coach or experienced competitor to ensure my form is correct and I won't get red-lighted for something. Would you also consider changing up your routine from the 5/3/1 to something more suitable for peaking your strength for the meet?
    Well as far as changing programs. Everyone I talk to said the first one is just to get in there and do it. As long as I come off a deload the week before I would be good. They also said not to worry about cutting weight. The only lift I am worried about here is bench. I have heard that pressing from a pause at the bottom is rough. I may start hitting my singles and rep work this way

The next meet that is close enough to consider is in March 2013, but that one is still pretty far from here. I would like to do this one because it is in Cincinnati (15 minutes from here) and I could get some peeps to show up for it

Well as far as changing programs. Everyone I talk to said the first one is just to get in there and do it. As long as I come off a deload the week before I would be good. They also said not to worry about cutting weight. The only lift I am worried about here is bench. I have heard that pressing from a pause at the bottom is rough. I may start hitting my singles and rep work this way
    Yes, that pause at the bottom of the bench press seems mighty tough to me. Good idea to practice it now.

The next meet that is close enough to consider is in March 2013, but that one is still pretty far from here. I would like to do this one because it is in Cincinnati (15 minutes from here) and I could get some peeps to show up for it
    Then I say go for it man! I live out in Lancaster, PA - which is kind of a haul from Cincy. Does that mean you go to the Arnold Classic every year up in Columbus since it's not too far for you? Been there once and it was like a bodybuilder's wet dream, I'll tell you what!

Yes, that pause at the bottom of the bench press seems mighty tough to me. Good idea to practice it now.

Then I say go for it man! I live out in Lancaster, PA - which is kind of a haul from Cincy. Does that mean you go to the Arnold Classic every year up in Columbus since it's not too far for you? Been there once and it was like a bodybuilder's wet dream, I'll tell you what!
    Last year I didn't go but I usually do. I think it was a bad weekend this year for me. I know I had something going on but can't remember what it was. I mostly like to go to meet bb.com peeps in real life

Cool It's go time!

I spent a good amount of time thinking about my plan (in between breaking for lunch and eating some Chinese food). I've decided that it will be in my best interest to get onto my pre-contest plan starting this Saturday. That will give me 17 weeks I believe to get into stage condition. The reason for starting a couple weeks earlier than originally planned are two fold:

1. - This stress fracture on my foot has turned me into a junk food eating lazy mother ****er. Granted I'm still getting my workouts in but that is only half the battle.

2. - Work has asked me to go over to Romania for 2 weeks in the fall to work with our colleagues there (I'm a software engineer). While I plan on lining up a gym ahead of time and figuring out how to stick to my diet plan, I know it's gonna be tough. Hopefully I will be a bit ahead of schedule by this point and won't have to stress out so much.

Look for the seriousness of things to kick up a notch once this weekend rolls around. As soon as I get clearance from the dr. that I can use my foot, look for some light cardio post workout to start with. Of course this is all predicated on the fact that I get a negative x-ray and all is well next Friday.

Strap in and enjoy the ride. If you care to follow my journey past this sponsored supp log, you can check it out in the contest prep section (link is in my signature).

therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Logs:

CORE NUTRITIONALS- Core ABC Log(Current)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155829753&p=1110237253#post1110237253

BETANCOURT- D-Stunner Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154348601&p=1080083291&posted=1#post1080083291

AAEFX- Nytric EFX Pro Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152192813&p=1032369553#post1032369553

BETANCOURT- Pure Aminos Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151561123&p=1019213503#post1019213503

Shoulder workout in all it's altered glory...

Went with DB presses instead of typical standing barbell press. Was surprised I was able to get 60s for 10. Would have tried 65s but had a hard time knee kicking the DBs up into position with this damn boot on. Instead of DB shrugs I opted for barbell shrugs. Was gonna do smith machine shrugs but it was occupied. Probably shouldn't have tried these because the uneven footing due to the boot put unnecessary strain on my middle and low back. I put a belt on after the first set but was still a strain.

Went with seated rear db laterals instead of the standing and bent over kind. Also wasn't able to push the front db raises as hard as I would have liked. Foot was killing me by the time I got home, but shoulders felt thoroughly worked! Will see if tomorrow brings another workout or maybe just a day to rest and recover...