View Poll Results: Who is white?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Caucasian (whether European, West Asian, or North African)

12 29.27%
  • A Caucasian EUROPEAN (no Middle Easterners)

14 34.15%
  • Anyone who has light skin, regardless of where they're from

6 14.63%
  • I have no idea

9 21.95%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    If you're really "white" you can trace your ancestry back to England! LMAO If you're German, Italian, French or whatever...... well then white becomes suspect! Don't even mention Spain. Rasca un espanol y sangra un judio! All I can say is if you can't talk politics over coffee in Coyoacan then you've never really lived! Hipodromo Condesa rocks!
    WTF did you just say scratch a Spaniard and Bleed a Jew?
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Define the term: "white people"

Those that are blamed for everything.

lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by E-10 View Post
    Define the term: "white people"

Those that are blamed for everything.
    hahaha
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Schopenhauer

Ron Paul 2008!

Reps: de silva ,ChristianBBer ,AzWeightLifter,Schadenfreude.

Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000)
    pale people n ****
    Last edited by Schadenfreude; 09-24-2007 at 05:19 AM.
    "I accidentally a whole bottle of hemlock" ~ Socrates

devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Arrow rofl at crackas.

^^^

:d

edit: (this is weird, the smiley thing isn't even working. )

XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The 2000 U.S. census states that racial categories "generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country. They do not conform to any biological, anthropological or genetic criteria."[9] It defines "white people" as "people having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.[10] In U.S. census documents, the designation white overlaps, as do all other official racial categories, with the term Hispanic, which was introduced in the 1980 census as a category of ethnicity, separate and independent of race.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_American

YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Organichu View Post
    I don't really have anything productive to add to the thread but man did I get shafted on the whole ethnic identity thing. I am very Jewish (mostly Ashkenazi with some Mizrahi) with only a bit of non-Semitic lineage. Even so, I am a basic, run of the mill cracker. I have brown/dark brown hair with blue eyes (one is actually not blue because my eye is lazy) and my skin is pale and I don't have Jewhair. It sucks.

(then again, not having a Jewfro is kind of a good thing)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../MeGlasses.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...MeHeebNose.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...nichu/pink.jpg

WHAT AM I R&P.

Slavic? which i guess would be a subgroup of caucasian?
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Big Hype View Post
    What do you think classifies someone as a white person? Is it anyone of European heritage (provided they're not descended from non-European immigrants), or is it *any* Caucasian person?

For example, look at Sicilians. Some of these people are naturally brown for f-ck's sake. What makes them white? Facial features? Big f-cking deal. I've seen Middle Eastern people who look IRISH and they're not considered white by anyone (alot of Syrians look Nordic or very white).

So is white based on national origin, facial features, a combination, or something else?
    Ive always felt white is simply a dumbed down term for caucasian because believe it or not alot of people dont even know what caucasian means. Kind of like the term "black" for african americans cause people are to lazy to say two words as opposed to one.

devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Question

Originally Posted by Organichu View Post
    I don't really have anything productive to add to the thread but man did I get shafted on the whole ethnic identity thing. I am very Jewish (mostly Ashkenazi with some Mizrahi) with only a bit of non-Semitic lineage. Even so, I am a basic, run of the mill cracker. I have brown/dark brown hair with blue eyes (one is actually not blue because my eye is lazy) and my skin is pale and I don't have Jewhair. It sucks.

(then again, not having a Jewfro is kind of a good thing)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../MeGlasses.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...MeHeebNose.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...nichu/pink.jpg

WHAT AM I R&P.

BTW intellectually deciding these things aside, I confess that my innate predisposition is to think of Europeans as whites. Regardless of its truth of nontruth, I find myself gravitating that way without thinking.
    uhh...

how far apart in age are you in the first picture as opposed to the last two pictures.

you look a different person in the last two pictures.

frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    White people- people without much melanin in their layers of skin. Burn more easily. Other than that, who gives a phuck?? We're all friggin mutts of some kind or another. So many people are intermixed and are doing so more and more that it doesn't really matter. Most stereotypes have a reason for existing, but they don't mean a whole lot on an individual basis.

Go to Mexico and you'll find Mexicans whiter than me. Many people don't consider Italians and some Greeks to be white people. Judging by the results of the poll so far, no one really knows what being white really is.
    ---ATTENTION ALL FATASSES: stop whining and put the fork down!!

Trying to cure poverty with government is like trying to sober up with whiskey shots.

Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not European white. When filling out forms, I check the "other" box and write in "Turkish". If they don't have the "other" option, I just put down "white". I've put down "asian" a few times; I was born on the Asian continent and Turks are originally a Central Asian race...but different from Asians.

I don't like putting down my race/ethnicity on every form I fill out. I think it fuels racism and encourages people to belong to seperate identities.