Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VinniePaz View Post
    Go eat fruit for every meal every day lemme know how it goes thanks.
    i eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day. lets not go overboard with fruit, its healthy, but anything can be bad in huge quantities.
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jonglex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    I get the vast majority of my carbohydrates from fruits and vegetables, not particularly difficult. Probably juice a dozen apples a day plus heaps of other fruit + veggies.

Only time I eat any other form of carbohydrates is a serve of rice with my pre-workout meal.
    This guy gets 12-15 servings of fruits a day; looks like it's working.

CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by VinniePaz View Post
    Carbs are abundant in 95% of foods. Type 1 diabetic, and I follow that **** as if my life depends on it (srs). Try eating more complex carbs, brown+ whole wheat rice+breads>All white. White stuff is all sugars, no fibres. You want lots of fibres, which you get from the browns. Make sure you are taking in fat still, just the good fats. Protein+fats keep a low glycemic index and help your insulin levels stay even and not spike, which is good if you are tryin to gain muscle, don't want the cells to be taking excess ****. Luck bro!
    there is so much bro with this post that my mind is spinning.

zornes313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the paleo diet is where its at. got me right. my cuzzin lost 145 lbs on it and gained muscle over about a year and half. i swear by it man
    Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    martyn on dat ****gy paleo time?

BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BtchW8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 7399martyn View Post
    the 40/40/20 ratio is not optimal for health and wellbeing. carbs from grains and starching foods like breads, pasta, rice, potato do more harm to you than good in the long run. They make you vunerable to lifestyle diseases, promote inflammation and have ant-nutrients.
    eat more fats and protein.

since agriculture started about 10,000 years ago people have been getting sicker and fatter.

the nutrition profile of brown rice, whole wheat bread and pasta is sh*t when compared to vegetables and fruit.

theres more fibre and vitamins + minerals in fruit and veggies than there will ever be in starchy carbs.
    Just bumping an old thread because why not, i enjoy the negs..
    Last edited by BtchW8; 12-23-2015 at 12:39 PM.

HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xCody View Post
    If I'm trying to keep body fat low and build muscle, how many grams of carbs should I be eating a day? Also are the carbs from fruits the same as carbs from breads?
    Amount of carbs depends on your daily nutritional needs (i.e., height, weight, activity level, and how much fat and protein you're eating in addition to carbs to add up to your daily caloric requirement).

In general, carbs are carbs unless you're binge eating Oreos in order to meet your carb macros. That said, fruits and processed breads are going to be faster digesting, while sweet potato, rice, whole wheat bread, oats, etc, are going to be slow digesting. You need a balance of both in order to get the best results.
    To live is Christ, to die is gainz

Sarcastic commentary on life/etc: https://twitter.com/samueljhand
    YouTube: Samuel Hand

GinnyGriedel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not sure to be honest. I'm very confused about this topic as well. I'm female so it may be different for me but I have not found a specific article or study to help me out just yet.
    I am 22, 155 and 5'6". I have spent weeks re doing and re evaluating my intake needs based off of formulas and have always came up with the same value, 270g of carbs. I eat around 230-260 every day. (I'd share results but its too early to tell) some my fellow personal trainers say that it sounds about right but some are telling me that it's way too high and that I should cut it down to 175. But that seems really low to me. You have to have enough carbs and calories (as well as other nutrients) to gain muscle. If I cut my calories that low I'll be in the maintenance calorie intake range.
    I don't get it.
    Sucks. So I'm leaving it to trial and error.

Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lazerdragons will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any else here eat 3 or more grams carbs per lb bodyweight lol?

jdky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Look up vertical dieting by stan efferding.

Very simple everyone wants to complicate ****. Eat right. Train hard. Be motivated.

jdky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Look small though man