Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Get2thechopper View Post
    According to a site I just looked at after googling "calorie counter bpm", 45 minutes at 125-130 HR would make me lose about 620-640 calories.

I find it easier just to do a higher HR for a shorter period of time. Although perhaps I am not understanding it properly....

[End of day 3 weight: 295.4 lbs.]
    ok and what would that same site say about 25 minutes of 150bpm out of interest. And dont worry about the 1lb gain, there's a fair amount of variance in daily weight measurements.

Quest for Abs Take #3 Get2thechopper's Avatar
    Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by supermad4it View Post
    ok and what would that same site say about 25 minutes of 150bpm out of interest. And dont worry about the 1lb gain, there's a fair amount of variance in daily weight measurements.
    474, so close enough, Machine I used said 500.

Day 4: 1000 calories so far. yoghurt + fruit salad, 5 chicken drum sticks.

According to myfitnesspal, can have another 500 calories today, but I'm feeling quite full ) Going to try do some more on the cross trainer tonight, but also feeling a bit stiff to be fair! Will see how it goes and confirm. Been on the pesi max today to help with the cravings. Maybe low calorie but I know that stuff isn't good!

Still working on an exercise schedule Claire! Happy enough with updating this forum and using myfitnesspal for now!
    Last edited by Get2thechopper; 06-04-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Here we go again!

RickGordon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had chicken tikka on chips and chilli sauce with 2 litres of milk nice 2k cals

Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RickGordon View Post
    I had chicken tikka on chips and chilli sauce with 2 litres of milk nice 2k cals
    I raise you

500 calories on the cross trainer, 78 rpm, 160 HR, 24 minutes

Boom
    Here we go again!

End of day 4

[Weight: 294.2 lbs]

Steady progress so far
    Here we go again!

Spent the last 2 hours looking at Insanity videos on Youtube. Looks absolutely awesome.

Not sure if my Achilles can handle it + I don't have any rooms in my house with high enough ceiling...including garage, although I suppose I can just do it outside on dry days....

Reckon I would shed the lbs if I could start this. Hmmmmmm.
    Here we go again!

supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermad4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats the spirit!

PS weigh yourself in the mornings if you're not doing that.

292.8 lbs Day 5 morning.
    Here we go again!

RickGordon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The weight is flying off, insanity is tough i used to do it with my old house mate

GJ

It looks brick
    Here we go again!

Pretty active day today, feeling tired, aches and pains from muscles that haven't been used in ages. Did a bunch of kettle bells in the garden. Am ever so slightly over my calories for today (not accounting for exercise). If I can muster enough willpower I'm going to try hit the cross trainer again.
    Here we go again!

Pretty active day today, feeling tired, aches and pains from muscles that haven't been used in ages. Did a bunch of kettle bells in the garden. Am ever so slightly over my calories for today (not accounting for exercise). If I can muster enough willpower I'm going to try hit the cross trainer again.
    Cool, you should aim for daily targets, but really its your weekly calorie target thats important. Its ok to go over your daily target now and again, but you have to pay the price by undereating later in the week to hit your weekly target.
    Eat a few hundred extra today? thats ok, eat a few hundred less tomorrow, or do extra cardio to make up the difference.

Originally Posted by supermad4it View Post
    Cool, you should aim for daily targets, but really its your weekly calorie target thats important. Its ok to go over your daily target now and again, but you have to pay the price by undereating later in the week to hit your weekly target.
    Eat a few hundred extra today? thats ok, eat a few hundred less tomorrow, or do extra cardio to make up the difference.
    Yeah, that makes sense, although I really need to be under by quite a bit daily if I'm to win this bet
    Here we go again!

250 calories on cross trainer. Really tired.
    Here we go again!

alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    stay after it. this isn't a sprint, yet a marathon. life style change not just diet.

Another 250 calories - hehe - Seriously, really tired now
    Here we go again!

Marathons never appealed to me. hehe Yeah, this is going to be tough. Nice to have a goal to focus on at least.
    Here we go again!

Weigh in of 294.0 lbs - End of day 5. Fat day on the food count but been pretty active so should hopefully balance itself out.
    Here we go again!

294.0 lbs this morning. Might have to revert back to a protein / veg diet. I'll try to eliminate carbs today and see if that makes a big difference.
    Here we go again!

294.0 lbs this morning. Might have to revert back to a protein / veg diet. I'll try to eliminate carbs today and see if that makes a big difference.
    dont change anything, there will be plenty of days where you weight remains the same or even increases even if you are doing things right, then one day you'll get on the scales and there will be a drop. you need to do something consistently for 2 weeks before you know how well it works and what adjustments you need to make. Only the calories are at play, the food choices are up to you but are largely irrelevant (apart from whether you actually feel full or not)

Awesome, cheers rosh
    Here we go again!

Weightloss1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1200 calories is rather low for your weight! I'm trying to loose 30 lbs, I'm 225 lbs at the moment and consuming roughly 2000 calories and loosing a healthy amount a week! Keep your calories clean because it keeps you full for longer! also keep on the green tea! Brilliant for metabolism boosting and keeping you fit

Originally Posted by Weightloss1234 View Post
    1200 calories is rather low for your weight! I'm trying to loose 30 lbs, I'm 225 lbs at the moment and consuming roughly 2000 calories and loosing a healthy amount a week! Keep your calories clean because it keeps you full for longer! also keep on the green tea! Brilliant for metabolism boosting and keeping you fit
    My daily target is just over 2000 calories. I adjust that depending on exercise ofc. Still trying to get used to green tea....not my favourite to be honest. Might have to see what other flavours of herbal tea are out there. Yeah, still trying to break bad habits and keep calories clean. Going pretty well so far this week. Just need to step it up a notch on the exercise front and be a bit more disciplined with my choice of calories, but generally pretty happy with the first 6 days
    Here we go again!

WOW Green Tea is even better than I thought! Going to just have to drink it (5 cups a day roughly by the looks of things)

Morning Day 7 : 293.0 lbs - Very happy with this, got to keep it up for week 2!
    Here we go again!

WOW Green Tea is even better than I thought! Going to just have to drink it (5 cups a day roughly by the looks of things)

Morning Day 7 : 293.0 lbs - Very happy with this, got to keep it up for week 2!
    solid first week, good job. 7lbs drop, but dont expect to drop another 7lb this week.
    Last edited by supermad4it; 06-07-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Aiming for a 3 lb drop.
    Here we go again!

Been mixing gardening with kettle bells to keep HR up hehe. Feeling pretty tired but going to try hit the cross trainer shortly for another quick 500 calories.

Under my calorie target today even without doing more exercise, so, going well

Just did 250....tired, might try finish it later.
    Last edited by Get2thechopper; 06-07-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: updating
    Here we go again!

techchic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Well done on your first week!

Hey Bro - just checking in and really impressed with your progress so far. Sounds like you are working hard! Really important to make sure you don't feel hungry. Drinking lots of green tea is good - I would also recommend peppermint tea. I left some at the house when I was over. It's very good for digestion and doesn't have caffiene unlike the green tea. (good for evenings).

Also - if you need a healthy low calorie snack I recommend making a batch or two of some healthy soup. Here are two recipes from Michele Bridges diet book. They take about 15 minutes to make. (Mum has now got that new soup/blender thing so you could give that a wizz! hehe)

Tomato and Quinoa Soup

1 tblso olive oil
    1 onion
    1 celery stick
    2 minced garlic cloves (use convent garden tube its faster)
    1 large carrot peeled and chopped
    2 cans of diced tomatoes (or you could use fresh)
    4 cups salt reduce chicken or veggie stock
    2 cups of water
    2/3 quinoa rinsed and drained

heat oil in s aucepan and cook onion, celery, carrots and garlic for until slightly softened.
    Add tomato, water, stock and quinoa. Bring to the boil then then turn heat down to simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

White Bean Soup
    tblsp olive oil
    2 medium onions
    2 large celery sticks
    4 garlic cloves
    4 cups (1 litre) of salt reduced stock
    2x425g tins of canellini beans
    1 sprig rosemary
    pepper to taste

heat oil and cook onion, garlic and celery in pan to soften
    add stock, beans and rosemary sprig
    bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes
    remove rosemary and blend the soup
    season with pepper.

You can add a swirl of light cream to taste when serving

I really like both these recipes. They are both fairly filling without being high in calories. Let me know if you like them!

There should be some good low carb/high protien recipes in the Dukan book I gave you as well...

On another note - you said you were going to create a 2 week plan and publish it. Still waiting to see this!

Love Sis
    xx

Sis, you are awesome! Ty

Yup, trying my best to be good on a daily basis...only way I can win! Must say, using myfitnesspal and actually keeping track of your daily calorie intake seems to be the only way forward. Working so far. I will get a timetable up soon, I promise (Although, at the moment, just happy doing exercise when I feel like it ^^)

Weight was 292.8 lbs this morning - Day 8 - Already, wow, it's going fast.
    Last edited by Get2thechopper; 06-08-2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Update of Weight
    Here we go again!

Had dinner, and I am 800 calories under my limit - I've been eating light, good quality calories, (salad, fruit, protein) apart from a few glasses or pepsi max

...But, might be going out this evening, so, not sure how that will work out.

Done a few reps of kettle bells do get HR up, but that's it today so far. Overall think day 8 is going well!
    Here we go again!