Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nonAtlas View Post
    You said "other", but humans are not animals. You fail.
    Why do we have the same biomechanics and biochemistry? Why aren't we of a different design, composition and function?
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bamatank
    ^^^ Ignorance is strong with this one.

I see why you are choking that baby. After all, it is just an ordinary animal.

nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur
    Why do we have the same biomechanics and biochemistry? Why aren't we of a different design, composition and function?

Humans are spirit beings dwelling in bodies whose souls have the ability to choose to be guided by either the spirit or the body. Animals do not have that ability. They cannot think.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bamatank View Post
    ^^^ Ignorance is strong with this one.
    And this...

Which applies to nonAtlas, Krane and An Hero:

Oops... my apologies...

To the real Moe, Larry and Curly for insulting them.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000)
    I see why you are choking that baby. After all, it is just an ordinary animal.

What? Choking?

That baby is my daughter. That picture was taken shortly after we got home from the Hospital.

Yes all humans are animals

Notice the kingdom to which we belong in this taxonomy of the homo sapien.

Animalia (Kingdom)
    Eumetazoa (Subregnum)
    Bilateria [having bilateral symmetry]
    Coelomata [...and a fluid-filled body cavity]
    Deuterostomia (Superphylum)
    Chordata (Phylum)
    Craniata [animals with skulls]
    Vertebrata (Subphylum) [...and backbones]
    Gnathostomata (Infraphylum) [...and jaws]
    Teleostomi [advanced fish and descendants]
    Euteleostomi [bony vertebrates]
    Sarcopterygii
    Tetrapoda (Superclass) [...and four limbs]
    Amniota (Series) [...and amniotic eggs]
    Synapsida [mammal-like reptiles]
    Mammaliaformes / Mammalia (Class) [all mammals]
    Theria (Subclass)
    Eutheria
    Euarchontoglires (Superorder)
    Euarchonta (Superorder)
    Primates (Order)
    Haplorrhini (Suborder)
    Simiiformes (Infraorder) [apes and monkeys]
    Catarrhini (Parvorder)
    Hominoidea (Superfamily) [apes]
    Proconsul africanus
    Hominidae (Family) [great apes]
    Homininae (Subfamily) [includes gorillas but not orangutans]
    Pierolapithecus catalaunicus
    Hominini (Tribe) [includes chimpanzees but not gorillas]
    Sahelanthropus tchadensis, common ancestor with chimpanzees[citation needed]
    Orrorin tugenensis, first species after split with chimpanzees[citation needed]
    Hominina (Subtribe) [humans are the only surviving species]
    Ardipithecus
    Kenyanthropus
    Australopithecines: includes Paranthropus and Australopithecus
    Australopithecus
    Paranthropus
    Homo (Genus)
    Homo habilis
    Homo ergaster
    Homo erectus
    Homo heidelbergensis
    Homo sapiens (Species)
    Homo sapiens idaltu
    Homo sapiens sapiens (Subspecies)
    "The best-laid schemes o mice an men Gang aft agley." Robert Burns

"You can believe in stones as long as you don't throw them at me." -

"Some say he can swim seven lengths under water and he has webbed buttocks. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

"Some say that his skin is the texture of a dolphin's and that he has his own satellites. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    And this...

Oops... my apologies...

rofl, so true!

While you live, shine
    Don't suffer anything at all;
    Life exists only a short while
    And time demands its toll.

B - 255 lbs
    S - 355 lbs
    D - 405 lbs

bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000)
    And this...

Oops... my apologies...

As a fan of the Three Stooges I find this offensive.

"Some say he can swim seven lengths under water and he has webbed buttocks. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

"Some say that his skin is the texture of a dolphin's and that he has his own satellites. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

Humans are spirit beings dwelling in bodies whose souls have the ability to choose to be guided by either the spirit or the body. Animals do not have that ability. They cannot think.

You're making this up as you go along. You didn't answer the question. I didn't say anything about spirits or souls. I asked why we have the same composition, biomechanics and biochemistry. Answer the question asked. And only the question asked. Don't spin.

As a fan of the Three Stooges I find this offensive.
    I did apologize to them.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through
    and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept
    blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Thessalonians 5:23

You didn't answer the question. I didn't say anything about spirits or souls.

But I did, and what I said IS the answer. Too bad.

What? Choking?

That baby is my daughter. That picture was taken shortly after we got home from the Hospital.
    He's trailer park trash.

He's trailer park trash.
    True

But I did, and what I said IS the answer. Too bad.
    No it's not. Just because those three entities are mentioned together still doesn't answer the question why our bodies are the same composition, biochemistry and biomechanics of (other) animals.

Try again because you are 0 for 2. Too bad.

No it's not. Just because those three entities are mentioned together still doesn't answer the question why our bodies are the same composition, biochemistry and biomechanics of (other) animals.

Try again because you are 0 for 2. Too bad.
    The best response to fools is silence. Let this one go.

The best response to fools is silence. Let this one go.
    I know... you are right.

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

I know... you are right.

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    lol

I like that.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sure I think they have feelings, but I still eat them.
    @__@

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You said "other", but humans are not animals. You fail.
    Can you answer my question?

hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by sheduma View Post
    ...why are they such effective models in the testing of psychotropic drugs?

If they don't have feelings, such as, say, depression and anxiety... why is it that we use them to test pills to treat such things - and see the same results in rats as we do in humans? We observe similar behaviors and brain activity before treatment is administered - ditto after.

So?

cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sheduma View Post
    ...why are they such effective models in the testing of psychotropic drugs?

If they don't have feelings, such as, say, depression and anxiety... why is it that we use them to test pills to treat such things - and see the same results in rats as we do in humans? We observe similar behaviors and brain activity before treatment is administered - ditto after.

So?
    I'm pretty sure they do. They are self aware, though, depending on the animal, they have varying degrees of complex emotions based on the make up of their brain.
    "I feel myself so much a part of all life that I am not in the least concerned with the beginning or the end of the concrete existence of any particular person in this unending stream."

Albert Einstein

cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjh156 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dualism violates the law of conservation of energy, and is in direct opposition of our current understanding of reality. Does that make it impossible, no, but it definitely takes some wind out of the dualism sails.

Oh, and animals do think. Most are as self aware as you or I.
    "I feel myself so much a part of all life that I am not in the least concerned with the beginning or the end of the concrete existence of any particular person in this unending stream."

Albert Einstein

hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Originally Posted by cjh156 View Post
    Dualism violates the law of conservation of energy, and is in direct opposition of our current understanding of reality. Does that make it impossible, no, but it definitely takes some wind out of the dualism sails.

Oh, and animals do think. Most are as self aware as you or I.
    There thinking is very limited and they have no where near the capacity as us humans. Give me some examples as to why you think they are up to par with us.

Originally Posted by hank-williams View Post
    There thinking is very limited and they have no where near the capacity as us humans. Give me some examples as to why you think they are up to par with us.
    I'm probably going to regret doing this but,

Hank, whyyyyyy do ya drink?

Whyyyyyy do you roll smoke?

Originally Posted by hank-williams View Post
    There is a difference between being self aware and having cognitive function on par with us. Their brains are much smaller.

Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by cjh156

Wrong on each point. What you and the other materialists miss is that the spirit is spirit...as opposed to a physical/tangible or energy-based phenomenon, and as such no such "law" applies. Newton's laws do, though, make it impossible for the Religion of Evolutionism to be true. Sorry.

Oh, and animals do think.

They do not. Self-awareness or consciousness does not constitute thinking.

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Newton's laws do, though, make it impossible for the Religion of Evolutionism to be true.
    WTF do Newtonian mechanics have to do with evolution?
    Last edited by Rune; 10-29-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

No it's not.

Yes it is, Bruce. That you fail or refuse to comprehend doesn't make it a matter of someone not answering you.

Just because those three entities are mentioned together still doesn't answer the question why our bodies are the same composition, biochemistry and biomechanics of (other) animals.

Biology is a physical phenomenon. It does not address matters of the spirit.

Yes it is, Bruce. That you fail or refuse to comprehend doesn't make it a matter of someone not answering you.
    Oh hai Randie.

Biology is a physical phenomenon. It does not address matters of the spirit.

So why do we have a biological form identical to the "lower" animals to house our "spirits"? Can you just answer that?

Originally Posted by Rune
    WTF do Newtonian mechanics have to do with evolution?

Entropy. We have been through this several times, Ruined, and all we have from those episodes is your resentment of God. Launch your own thread if you want to, as there aren't many on the mythology of the Religion of Evolutionism.