Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got some more questions, these ones more into the marines that were in the reserves, becuase im enlisted into the reserve unit

1)In the active reserves, You check in once a month and 2 weeks a year for 6 years right?

2)When going into the base for the monthly reserve time, what exactly do you do for the weekend?

3)If i somehow get deployed, how long is the time i have to serve in the deploy location and how often does each base get deployed

4)For Poeple who were in the reserves, how was serving the marines reserves? please explain

5)Now since im going to be in the reserve unit, is it easy to have another life while being in the marines? my goals are to get an appartment with a buddy and get another job to support myself,and take some college courses all while in the reserves. Will this be possible to do?

6)How long can your hair be while in the reserves?

thank you for your time. (Also please dont just say go active, becuase i have made my choice and its going to be reserves)

Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by insame View Post
    Got some more questions, these ones more into the marines that were in the reserves, becuase im enlisted into the reserve unit

1)In the active reserves, You check in once a month and 2 weeks a year for 6 years right?
    No, that's SELECTIVE Reserve. Active Reserve is when you work AT the reserve base day in and day out

2)When going into the base for the monthly reserve time, what exactly do you do for the weekend?
    Each year you'll do the PFT & CFT twice, Rifle Range once, Swim Qual once and be required to attend the Birthday Ball. You'll also get at least 2 terrorism classes and 2 classes on DUI. Outside of that, the type of training depends on what type of unit you go to. You'll get a letter or Email from the reserve unit a few weeks before drill telling what the plan for the weekend is. Then a few days before drill, someone will call you and tell you ALL the details. This person is generally your fire team leader or Squad Leader

3)If i somehow get deployed, how long is the time i have to serve in the deploy location and how often does each base get deployed
    You'll be deployed as long as necessary. Catch is after 24 CONSECUTIVE months on active duty, your contract is considered fulfilled.

4)For Poeple who were in the reserves, how was serving the marines reserves? please explain
    It sucked! Drill was always on the weekend your friends and family had something fun planned. I didn't get to see a single Superbowl or All-star Game from '98 - '03 because of Drill / AT / Deployment. Made me wish I had gone active, and when I tried, I had to withdraw my package because of family reasons.

5)Now since im going to be in the reserve unit, is it easy to have another life while being in the marines? my goals are to get an appartment with a buddy and get another job to support myself,and take some college courses all while in the reserves. Will this be possible to do?
    and how would serving 1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks a year prevent this?

6)How long can your hair be while in the reserves?
    Outside of drill as long as you want. When you report it better be shaved and tapered on the back and side with no more than 2 inches on top. Regs say 3, but that crap WILL not fly.

thank you for your time. (Also please dont just say go active, becuase i have made my choice and its going to be reserves)
    Have fun regretting your decision at MOS school when they are handing out Duty stations (EVERY reservist feels this)

On a side note, ask your recruiter about doing a Courtney Drill at your local unit. That will allow you to see what the reserves are REALLY about
    Last edited by Deadbob; 02-14-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

Registered User damirrorisntrdy's Avatar
    damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How long is training? After training I understand you don't get to choose what job you want within the marines?
    I don't really understand...
    Also, I'm semi-worried about missing out on college social life experiences as well as ending up not liking it?

Also, after you train in your special "field" what exactly happens? If you are stationed somewhere what is life like?

No Haven't read whole thread, only a couple pages sorry if these have already been asked

Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by damirrorisntrdy View Post
    How long is training? After training I understand you don't get to choose what job you want within the marines?
    You enlist under a Field, you are assigned a specialty during Combat Training.
    Example: You enlist and sign a contract that places you in the Engineering field, which is MOS (job) code 13xx. While at Combat training, you are assigned the Specialty within the Engineering Field. Combat Engineer (1371), Bulk Fuel (1391) ect.
    Also, I'm semi-worried about missing out on college social life experiences as well as ending up not liking it?
    Then don't join. That statement alone proves your not mentally ready for the Military. Try a semester or 2 of college. if it works, great! If not, enlist then.

Also, after you train in your special "field" what exactly happens? If you are stationed somewhere what is life like?
    It's basically like any other full time job. However, after work, someone that is a few years older than you is yelling at you to clean your room instead of Mom. If you (or your friends / coworkers) don't clean it good enough, you (and them) get grounded and have to do extra chores (srs)
    Last edited by Deadbob; 02-15-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

Registered User damirrorisntrdy's Avatar
    damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) damirrorisntrdy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright I think I'm going to try another semester or two of school, thanks for the advice.

Unregistered User Bananahammock's Avatar
    Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bananahammock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No Haven't read whole thread, only a couple pages sorry if these have already been asked
    join for school bro, totally worth it, in fact, go infantry too, easy job.

lolwut
    "I would rather die young from a gunshot wound than to spend the rest of my life walking around with an ankle bracelet filled with tampons." -Pinhooker, May 10, 2016

SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Deadbob View Post
    There are different levels of Swim qual. EVERY Marine / Recruit has to pass CWS 3. Some MOS's require CWS1 or a WSQ level. If a MOS requires a certain swim qual, you'll requal at that MOS school regardless of what you did at Boot.

If you are unable to meet the swim qual requirements for that MOS while at school, you'll be dropped from the school, and will be at the mercy of the Corps needs for what school you are sent to.
    So are there any factors that come in to play at for this job selection or is it totally random? You said they pick it for you during combat training right? is that when you find out.

That's how it was in '97 when I went in. It may have changed since
    Then. I haven't heard of it changing though
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Explateev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd plan on $3K and change

Contract E-1 makes $1,357 - taxes / month
    Contract E-2 makes $1,645 - taxes / month

Basically, no one joins the Military for the Money.
    Expected less then that, feelsgoodman Thanks for the answer.
    Originally Posted by Khronos View Post
    How many 20 year old guys have 2k+ a month in disposable income these days?

The military is one of the best stable financial options out there right now for young people.
    I've heard it really depends on how your able to handle your money.

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nutsy54 View Post
    Dude's goal is to get from 16 to 20. After that, he can switch it up

Wut you got?
    Last time I actually tried, 2 months ago, over 30 Senior Chief
    Or are you Master now?

strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    What do most people say are the best and worst Marine bases?
    "What you are is what you have been, and what you will be is what you do now." --Buddha

“One who has control over the mind is tranquil in heat and cold, in pleasure and pain, and in honor and dishonor; and is ever steadfast with the Supreme Self.” --The Bhagavad Gita

Joe Rogan Fan

SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. Are the majority of Marines "hardasses" off the job?

2. Do you honestly believe that China is a threat (in general, not just in terms of military) to the United States, and do you hate them?

3. Do the Marines actively penalize Marines when they cause trouble in another country? For example - Marines dock in city A outside of the US, and under a handful of Marines go out and cause trouble, say they get accused of sexual assault, and there was a witness...what happens?

4. It must feel good serving your country, do you get a lot of recognition from other people?

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SOLIDOPS View Post

2. Do you honestly believe that China is a threat (in general, not just in terms of military) to the United States, and do you hate them?

3. Do the Marines actively penalize Marines when they cause trouble in another country? For example - Marines dock in city A outside of the US, and under a handful of Marines go out and cause trouble, say they get accused of sexual assault, and there was a witness...what happens?

4. It must feel good serving your country, do you get a lot of recognition from other people?
    1. no

2. lol idk

3. the guilty parties get NJP'd. everybody else in the unit gets death by power point for like the next 6 months

4. yes. i live in texas so this might have something to do with it. i <3 republicans.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by strongbrah View Post
    i <3 camp pendleton.

afghanistan is pretty dope for me as well. but i'm an instructor so life is good.

rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    29 Palms is pretty gay bruh

FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000)

1) Sometimes
    2)China? the ****? we arent 4 star generals plotting to take over all the ****ed up countries
    3)Definitly
    4)Yes, sometimes.
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

Dear Frederick, thank you for your nice letter, but I am actually a US Marine who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations.

1) only the boots that just finished Boot Camp within the last year or so and some
    2 Lt. that did not go through the pilot pipeline. After they taste the suck, they begin to emerge from there motarded state of mind.

2) economically, yes. Militarily, no

3) Yes... The whole unit / boat / base gets the green weenie

4) no, because I don't advertise the fact that I served. When people find out I generally get thanked, then asked if I killed anybody.
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

Registered User Iluveketchup178's Avatar
    Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000) Iluveketchup178 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a serious question: how do you handle the lack of sleep? I've heard countless time stories of marines not sleeping for more than 40 hours straight (up to 50). Is it true how, and then how the **** do you handle that? On a normal schedule how much sleep can you get?

Also, when you are not in a war zone how many hours you typically work per week?

thanks

fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Iluveketchup178 View Post
    I have a serious question: how do you handle the lack of sleep? I've heard countless time stories of marines not sleeping for more than 40 hours straight (up to 50). Is it true how, and then how the **** do you handle that? On a normal schedule how much sleep can you get?

Also, when you are not in a war zone how many hours you typically work per week?

thanks
    The most sleep deprived I've ever been was on a 5 day field exercise and I literally only got 7 hours of sleep. When I got back I didn't feel tired at all. I went out to get a burger and made a phone call while eating. I could tell that I was slurring my speech. By the time I was driving back to base I felt like I was dead. I passed out on my bed after that for a solid 14 or 15 hours.

Your body will do what it needs to do so long as you are in the game mentally.

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Iluveketchup178 View Post

thanks
    Yes it's true. I've worked for three days straight, multiple times. How do you handle it? You get used to it. It's the main reason a lot of people take up smoking or dipping on deployment; because of the stress or purely because the lack of sleep. Tabasco sauce in the eyes, coffee grinds in your lip like dip, small little tricks help for alittle bit.

On a normal schedule you should be able to get at least 6 hours of sleep or more.
    When you're back in garrison you'll typically work anywhere rom 40-80 hours a week is usually a safe bet.

It's no walk in the park, if you want that choose a cozy desk job with the Air Force, Army, or Navy.

When the Iraq invasion began, I got 4 hours of sleep over a 72 hour period.

After a certain point, you just don't feel tired anymore
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool

Originally Posted by Hatebreed13 View Post
    Last time I actually tried, 2 months ago, over 30 Senior Chief
    Or are you Master now?
    "Still" a Senior Chief. And I meant... What other pullup training recommendations did you have for the guy who wants to hit 20?

Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500) Showtime123 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey bro this is a serious question. How come whenever I see irresponsible teens or adults or whatever, I hear about them going to the marines, and then they come back and they are all proper and disciplined and respectful and ****? What do you guys do that makes everyone come back so proper and respectful? Is it some kind of intense discipline? Intense exercise? Why does everyone go there as a irresponsible teen and come back looking like this

I am a basketball player so I want to know if it is intense exercise or intense discipline or what ever it is pls tell me.

Originally Posted by Showtime123 View Post
    Hey bro this is a serious question. How come whenever I see irresponsible teens or adults or whatever, I hear about them going to the marines, and then they come back and they are all proper and disciplined and respectful and ****? What do you guys do that makes everyone come back so proper and respectful? Is it some kind of intense discipline? Intense exercise? Why does everyone go there as a irresponsible teen and come back looking like this

I am a basketball player so I want to know if it is intense exercise or intense discipline or what ever it is pls tell me.
    It's a side effect of being broken. The Corps breaks you mentally, physically and emotionally. While at boot, you lose EVERYTHING! Your hair, your name, the freedom of movement and the ability to make your own decisions. Once you figure out that if you don't mind, it does not matter. Once that happens, you are able to build yourself back up by overcoming your fears, and accomplishing things you never dreamed of... individually and through team work.

Basically, you learn the only person holding you back, is yourself.
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

Originally Posted by nutsy54 View Post
    "Still" a Senior Chief. And I meant... What other pullup training recommendations did you have for the guy who wants to hit 20?
    ah.
    First off, people always ignore the factor of "how much extra weight are you carrying?"
    If you happen to be carrying an extra 15 pounds of fat (hypothetical number), how many more pullups could you immediately do without those 15 pounds? At least a few more.
    I can only do about 50% of my max when I have 50 pounds attached to me.

And pullup programs usually have a fatal flaw, your bodyweight is the minimum weight (unless you have access to helium balloons?)

My recommendation is to LIFT. "The best way to get better at something is to keep doing it" well...not really. For sprinters to keep sprinting you won't see them just sprinting. You'll see them doing intense plyometrics and olympic lifts.

Get your bodyfat down (if needed)
    Screw the pullups for the most part (unless weighted pullups)
    Hit the heavy barbell rows, one-arm DB rows, lat pulldowns, seated rows,
    Increase your grip strength

And after all that, start practicing on your discipline. Make every single pullup count. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Too many times have I seen Marines technically do like 20 pullups and only get counted for 12-17. Not a single time in 5 years was I ever questioned or told "that doesn't count" or "all the way down" So IF you are doing pullups in your workout, do chest to bar. Range of motion is important in lifting, correct? Why wouldn't it apply to pullups? Come time for that PFT, chin to the bar will be so much easier.

HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000) HBGMarine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When the Iraq invasion began, I got 4 hours of sleep over a 72 hour period.

After a certain point, you just don't feel tired anymore
    I got about the same amount of sleep during the initial invasion.

Even better was weeks without a proper shower
    ★cVc★

^^^^^EXTREME PULL-UPS CREW^^^^^
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hbgmarine

Max Pull up Reps: 21
    Max Weighted Pull up: 311.8lbs
    Max Reps w/+45lbs: 10
    Max Muslce Ups: 8

Originally Posted by HBGMarine View Post
    I got about the same amount of sleep during the initial invasion.

Even better was weeks without a proper shower
    I lucked out there. LCpl. in my fire team brought a camping shower with him, so we "borrowed" some wood from a nearby Army Dermo lot, built a shower stall and hung a poncho as a make shift shower curtain (had a WM with us).

Ain't no life like the POG life
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    How is the Grunt life different from POGs? I want to join the Marines for the experience, and bettering myself. I think I want to go Infantry, but not 100%.
    "What you are is what you have been, and what you will be is what you do now." --Buddha

“One who has control over the mind is tranquil in heat and cold, in pleasure and pain, and in honor and dishonor; and is ever steadfast with the Supreme Self.” --The Bhagavad Gita

Joe Rogan Fan

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    How is the Grunt life different from POGs? I want to join the Marines for the experience, and bettering myself. I think I want to go Infantry, but not 100%.
    The question is broad. Grunt life is fun, hard and crazy. POG life is closer to 9-5. You need to choose an MOS based upon what you are attracted to.
    I wish everyone the best in achieving your goals

Super Saiyan Genetics genetics 83's Avatar
    genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    whats up fellow military bros
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ CVC ██ █ ★ █ ██
    US Army '04-07 OIF III
    Saiyan Crew
    F-Body Crew
    Texas Crew
    Over 30 crew