Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you going to max out any time soon? Just curious as to how doing all those singles affects your 1RM.

Interesting obvervation about deadlifts. I have found the same thing. Once you start pulling a decent amount of weight, you just can not pull as frequently.

Regarding your next training program, I think if you did something BBing focused you would see some crazy size gains because your body is used to singles at the moment, so doing a BBing program would "shock" (yeah, I said shock, sue me) your body. Perhaps something simple like a 4 day split using 1-2 compound movements per muscle group and then 1-2 isolation movements where you go all out with the BBing technqiues (rest pause, drop sets, etc). Or what about DC?
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Truth be told, im a tad nervous to max out on certain exercises...but amped to max out on others.

I think my form on everything has gotten substantially better on everything than it was in previous max outs, since i "greased the groove" at higher weights with this routine. I am excited to max out Power cleans, front squats(as last time i hit 225 at a questionable depth, and this time, i think i could nail 225 at a2g or close to it), push presses, and a bit nervous about deads, cgbp and deads

I like the idea about a simple 4 day split, which is what the triphase training starts with for three weeks, the three heavier weeks of an upper/lower then three weeks of a fullbody

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...setraining.pdf

I know i definitely need a break....might max out one exercise a day and hold on maxing deads for a while, as i definitely killed my deadlifting self for a bit haha...

Whatever gameplan i go with, ill be rocking starting next week

Also, ive been in contact with IA, just waiting for the funds to be there and i believe i will start training with IA in attempting a body recomp...

but until that day, HHF is experimenting

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    workout looks interesting HHF, a little too much 'size' stuff for my taste but at least the author talks a bit about weight progression (not enough though, hence why I like chad waterbury stuff better), but with whatever you decide to run with let us know how it goes.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks GoJu....yeah, its a lot of size work indeed, but im not sure if size isnt what i truly want too, the choices out there are insane.

im still so lost.

!!!!!!Also, i found the greatest store ever by my house.....been there forever but i just found it

they sell

hg grippers
    kettlebells
    farmers handles
    steel logs
    all sorts of awesome ****

I went there, picked up some protein and the hg150 and hg200

i closed the hg150 out of the package, which im happy about since i never worked a gripper before in my life

not as good as gripping my CoC while working haha, but close.

Also....my home gym is getting there, i got a decent bench off of craigs list and instead of my garage, ive been looking into renting a storage space...

oh geeze....just read Thib's pendulum approach to powerlifting

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459551

this is why i hate the internet haha...because i dont think im at the point where i can custom design my own program and because they're are so many good ones out there from people like CW, Thib, Dan John, etc....

bah
    Last edited by HumanHorrorFilm; 10-23-2007 at 04:23 AM.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
    this is why i hate the internet haha...because i dont think im at the point where i can custom design my own program and because they're are so many good ones out there from people like CW, Thib, Dan John, etc....

bah
    Don't have workout program-itis!! [stern look] Trust yourself dude.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

I definitely cannot help it......sometimes, there is way too much information out there

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks GoJu....yeah, its a lot of size work indeed, but im not sure if size isnt what i truly want too, the choices out there are insane.

im still so lost.

!!!!!!Also, i found the greatest store ever by my house.....been there forever but i just found it

they sell

hg grippers
    kettlebells
    farmers handles
    steel logs
    all sorts of awesome ****

I went there, picked up some protein and the hg150 and hg200

i closed the hg150 out of the package, which im happy about since i never worked a gripper before in my life

not as good as gripping my CoC while working haha, but close.

Also....my home gym is getting there, i got a decent bench off of craigs list and instead of my garage, ive been looking into renting a storage space...

oh geeze....just read Thib's pendulum approach to powerlifting

bah
    you lucky bastard! what I wouldn't give for a store like that here in Miami, geeze!

I'll bet you could close the HG150 (it's the same as a Trainer, just to let you know) HG200 is the same as a #1, HG250 is the same as a #2 (yeah HG's are weird).

nothing wrong with designing your own program, just pick what you like and stick with it, you can't go wrong with Waterbury, Thibdue, John, Starr, Pendlay, Rippetoe, etc.

maybe you should see specifically what your goals are, what lifting goals do you want to accomplish the fastest, that 350 squat, 425 deadlift, 225 paused bench, and 185 power clean seem to be good goals in your sig, I personally like bill starr's 5 x 5 or the Texas Method, just something to think about man, and no reason you couldn't add keg and jump rope stuff on off days with that.

- Stizzel

ok

i have decided on a gameplan

Wed: ME Frotn Squat, ME Chin
    Friday: ME Push Press, ME eadlift
    Sat or sun: Me CGBP, powerclean

Next week, will start either Thibs Pendulum BBing, or Pendulum Powerlifting programs

Powerlifting

bbing
    http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459408

ok

i have decided on a gameplan

Wed: ME Frotn Squat, ME Chin
    Friday: ME Push Press, ME eadlift
    Sat or sun: Me CGBP, powerclean

Next week, will start either Thibs Pendulum BBing, or Pendulum Powerlifting programs

Powerlifting

bbing
    http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459408
    Maybe deload before starting the either Pendulum program.

Otherwise, looks good.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

truth to that Rip.

A new schedule is in order then,as i want to start Thibs pendulum ___(ddnt decide yet) mnday

so i will be trying a max out a different way on friday,as my work schedule(which i just got) is brutal so i got one day in the gym this week...friday.

i will be doing a :meet:

maxing out squats, deads and bench in one daym see how it goes

Rip, ask about maxing out and ye shall receive...

i didnt think id have a lot of time to lift this week, but today on a case, i got made, so i got to be done early....

I felt awesome all day so i decided to hit the gym and hit that **** hard haha

and all i can say is WOW!

I didnt know what i was going to max out, so i just went with instinct on which exercises felt the best to me

Push Press

135x1

notes: This felt WAY too heavy to attempt a PR, so i stopped there

Power Cleans

135x3x2
    155x1
    180x1PR!
    185x0DAMN!
    170x1x2
    135x5

Notes:
    PR! but 5lbs off of my goal....but i was amped as hell to shoulder that, felt AWESOME!

CGBP

135x3x3

Notes: Tried to get into a groove with these, but no go, so i decided against maxing these babies out

Weighted Chins

BWx5x2
    BW+15x1
    BW+20x1
    BW+30x1 PR!
    BW+35x1 PR!

notes: Wow, 10lb PR!

Front Squats

I seriously walked around the gym debating on whether to call it a day or try these for about 10 mins.......people were staring at me as i just kept lapping the squat rack haha....im so glad i did.

135x1
    155x1
    180x1
    205x1
    230x1 PR!

Notes: So happy with this, as the last time i hit 225 it may have been a questionable depth, but when i hit 230 today, it was ass to my calves

I dont know what to say, ****ing amazing session today.....i felt strong as hell, and i think it showed....I will have to say though, that the 230 front squat wasn't easy, matter of fact it was a grinder, but im so proud of my PRS!

Thumbs up

Well done m'boy.

230 ass to calves is a lot different than 225 with questionable depth....a lot different.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

Oh my god, it dfeinitely is

But i think today, that overreaching point was hit, i came home from the gym feeling awesome, sat down and woke up about 90 mins later feeling destroyed.

Contrast shower made me feel better though, and im hoping a big dinner will help me a tad haha....

I doubt i will max out on DL's and will prob just do light active recovery tomorrow, friday and saturday, maybe take all day off sunday, then start a new on Monday, depending on how i feel

Overall, i have to recommend this program, as it is rough, but thus far, it has produced results

Far Beyond Driven P0W3RLIFT3R87's Avatar
    P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) P0W3RLIFT3R87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tons of PRs. Impressive session right there.
    John McCain, a real American hero.
    Vote McCain for President:
    http://www.johnmccain.com/

Just letting everyone know i have decided to attempt an "gasp" bodybuilding program....Thib's Pendulum bodybuilding....

Just hoping I can still maintain my jounral here as it won't be powerlifting for a bit

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=296pend2

Just letting everyone know i have decided to attempt an "gasp" bodybuilding program....Thib's Pendulum bodybuilding....

Just hoping I can still maintain my jounral here as it won't be powerlifting for a bit

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=296pend2
    I won't kick ya out
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

Just finished the leg day, and damn, lighter weights, but i feel destroyed, had trouble walking

These are odd with tempos and isometric holds, etc, i dont feel like typing it all, haha, so read the link posted above

Tempo Contrast Back Squats

175x8
    185x8x2
    205x8

Iso Hold Leg Curls

80x7
    100x7x2
    90x7

Squats

175x20

With wall isometric hold(30 seconds before my Legs died)

RDL's

185x20

Comments: I gotta be honest, i didnt like this workout at all. I can see how it works and i can see where it would build size, but was not a fan of the tempo work with the back squats, as i felt squatting for 10seconds + on a single rep led me to lose tightness, as im used to going max effort in terms of speed and weight, etc. Kind of odd. I did like the leg curl with the iso hold at midpoint. The 20 rep squats and 20 rep RDL's were brutal, as i got a HUGE pump in my lower back, and my hams, as I squat with a wider stance.

We will see how this goes, it may be that im not used to this style of training, but i dont like ti so far.....We will see how arm day goes tomorrow, although it will be nice, dont think i have EVER done just an arm day haha

Keep with it dude. It is obviously a HUGE change of training styles from what you were doing before with CW's 1-rep stuff. I have a feeling that if you stick with it you are gonna see some really nice size gains, due to the fact that the training styles are so polar opposite.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

good workouts man!

- Stizzel

been kinda laz on the journal, as i feel "dirty" posting my workouts here, haha

did Arms on tuesday and they are still sore, same with my hamstrings, insanity.

chest/back today

Also just wanted to note i closed the HG200 with my right hand, real close with my left

Also just wanted to note i closed the HG200 with my right hand, real close with my left
    In that case, you are still "qualified" to post ALL your training in this section.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

been kinda laz on the journal, as i feel "dirty" posting my workouts here, haha

did Arms on tuesday and they are still sore, same with my hamstrings, insanity.

chest/back today

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSS????!!! !!

lol!

it's cool bro!

- Stizzel

just an update for everyone. Closed the HG200 with both hands now

(Keeps me qualified to post here)

This program is brutal compared to what i was previously doing. Ive been sore all week, but feeling "umped" all the time. The volume is unbelievable in comparison, but im hanging in there. I really want to strength train tho

Also, i won a 100 dollar bet the other day, as my buddy didnt think i could lift him above my head, basically i push pressed him above my head(he weights about 150) haha, was proud of that, locked him out, but he started wiggling and i almost dropped him. Felt like a wrestler haha

Side note, the shoulder workout was yesterday

it was a tri-set of Push press, db ohp, and laterals. supposed to be 6 of that tri set with 2 mins rest

i got through 4 before ym shoulders couldnt even lift 15lb DB's ovehead and i was doing laterals with 5lb plates haha

Gut Check time.

I hate this program, i hate bbing splits, i hate not powerlifting for maxes

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hahaha

Ok, done rant.

Im not sure where to hit from here, i might just finish the second week of this program to see if i can muscle it out and keep the motivation, or what

gah, i think i might have jumped into this too soon

my max strength levels are nice, but my higher rep range stuff is the pits 8-12 reps on anything is like cardio, example given, i can hit a 230 front squat, but 140x8x4 today was brutality at its finest. Not sure.

Im thinking about going back to a westside style program, maybe the basic template Tate has listed on EFS http://www.elitefts.com/documents/9w...ng-program.htm and focusing a bit more on GPP, maybe one, two days a week of sprints, jmp rope, etc.

any advice.....also, i can tell ive been leaning out and maintaining weight which is fantastic, but i have to say, i have a SEVERE lack of an upper back, so im wondering what i could do in terms of an upper lower westside esque split with focuses on these aspects

-Upper Back Hypertrophy
    -Core Strength
    -Power off of chest
    -power out of the hole-Explosiveness on deadlifts

Thibs pendulum powerlifting looks like it might have those filled....so does DeFranco's Westside for SB3

I will either start a basic westside template next week, or run Thibs pendulum powerlifting, as i need to get back to lifting for strength, its what makes me happy

I mean c'mon, even though i hate my arms....an armday puh-lease haha

thoughts? criticisms? etc.?
    Last edited by HumanHorrorFilm; 11-05-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Originally Posted by RipStone View Post
    Keep with it dude. It is obviously a HUGE change of training styles from what you were doing before with CW's 1-rep stuff. I have a feeling that if you stick with it you are gonna see some really nice size gains, due to the fact that the training styles are so polar opposite.
    Originally Posted by RipStone View Post
    Don't have workout program-itis!! [stern look] Trust yourself dude.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

ok, decided on running WS4SB3, also, i will be going back to posting a food log on here as well, as i felt it helped me tremendously, and gives me people to answer to when i dont eat right

Be Back Later with the First workout