Closed Thread
Page 179 of 268 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 8031
    deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=harrisg83;1105236913]
    Originally Posted by LATS1968 View Post
    hey guys.. asking for a little help.. if any of you come across a hammer strength 10 degree fly or a nautilus plate loaded version 10 degree fly please contaqtc me.

Any opinions out there on the Hammer Strength 10 degree fly? I've never demoed one but I've seen a few on ebay recently and wondered how it rates.
    Harris, I have never used the Hammer. Doesnt look like it has as much ROM or prestretch. The Avenger is not good IMO. Penn State has at least two Avenger 10 degrees. Dave Karsten has the Power Plus but he wants way too much for it and it needs a total restoration. Terrys Next Generation is really good but I would convert it to cable or belt if I had it. I would buy the chrome one on ebay if I could not get a power plus.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=harrisg83;1105236913]
    Originally Posted by LATS1968 View Post
    hey guys.. asking for a little help.. if any of you come across a hammer strength 10 degree fly or a nautilus plate loaded version 10 degree fly please contaqtc me.

Any opinions out there on the Hammer Strength 10 degree fly? I've never demoed one but I've seen a few on ebay recently and wondered how it rates.

I have one and its pretty good but not the best piece. I'm not sure they make it anymore. My biggest problem with it is that it doesnt have much of a prestretch or negative, it bottoms out before I get it to where I want it but the squeeze is pretty good. I got mine for $300 I think and its in excellent/like new condition so they are pretty cheap but do take up some space.

LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSBKEB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Terry is hard to deal with but I would offer $600 for this.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Terry recently? I ordered some stuff from him a few weeks ago and he came down a good amount on price and gave me great trade in on a few items. He told me, he had to move some stuff because he was so stocked.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Renzinho View Post
    For anybody living in the ohio distrect, or is willing to make the trip, ther's an opportunity to try out the nebula IDA incline and shoulder press, the flat, incline and shoulder of the earlier nebula line, nautilus 1st gen pullover, magnum plate-loaded row (without swivel handles) and much more at powerstation gym http://powerstationgym.com/
    Good Call...

RPARK is not too far, relatively speaking... I know there are a lot of gyms in Ohio that have lots of older Nebula since that is where Nebula was based with Tom. That is where Nancy who makes the pad is from as well.

Speaking of which, where is my curved incline Bench from Parrillo?
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 07-19-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I will clean it up and do a little cosmetic restoration (new pads and grips). It is not mint but is in very nice condition. Gripper, wrist pronation and supination, and wrist curls from both underhand and overhand positions. The 200lb. weight stack is a little light for the gripper, but I also have the Pendulum power grip pro.

Congrats on getting the Superforearm, definitely a unique piece! Look forward to hear more about it...

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post

Harris, I have never used the Hammer. Doesnt look like it has as much ROM or prestretch. The Avenger is not good IMO. Penn State has at least two Avenger 10 degrees. Dave Karsten has the Power Plus but he wants way too much for it and it needs a total restoration. Terrys Next Generation is really good but I would convert it to cable or belt if I had it. I would buy the chrome one on ebay if I could not get a power plus.

Yes, the Avenger Pec Fly is not good... Its hard to believe that little thing was actually in the Avenger line-up. As I mentioned before, there is not enough prestretch (non) in the Avenger pec fly... you have to boost the pad thickness to get enough prestretch... but then the arm pads barely squeeze over your chest.

The Nautilus 10 degree (Power plus especially) is the best of its kind.

Why not get an incline flight machine and call it a day? At the very least, you can wait until I get out there to Italy and then I can compare it to the Power Plus 10 degree.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 07-19-2013 at 02:46 PM.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=LSBKEB;1105321693]
    Have you tried Terry recently? I ordered some stuff from him a few weeks ago and he came down a good amount on price and gave me great trade in on a few items. He told me, he had to move some stuff because he was so stocked.

I need to get back up there and go through his inventory. He owes me a good deal or a favor.

John is still working on the pads... but here you go:

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since the topic of lat pulldowns recently was brought up I thought it would be appropriate to bring up a piece that was discussed in the beginning of this thread again. The rogers monster lat pulldown. Someone remarked that the monster line bore some similarities with the hurricane which recieved some sharp critisism. I don't think that notion was totally unwarranted if the lat pulldown is seen, just as the purpose of the hurricane, as a multipurpose machine. Admittedly, some of the usage of the lat machine that was displayed in the video and the pictures of it seems utterly ludicrous. But in contrast with the hurricane, i believe that the multi-function of the lat pulldown, partly served as a marketing device and partly something like "hey, why not just flip in the seat and make the lat machine a multifunction machine while we're at it". But if the machine is taken for what it's labeled as, namely a lat machine, I think it definitely might be a hit. For one, Tyler Hobson has already done some respectable and innovative equipment. the construction looks as sturdy as any pendulum piece. both the seat and the thigh-pad are ajustable. And if the vertical pulling movement is biomechanically sound it will not only feel good, but, due to the free motion arms, may have a superior function than other biomechanically correct pulldowns due to the free-floating lever arms which possibly forces the muscles to recruit more muscle fibers.
    Wow! This came unexpected. The lack of adjust-ability wasn't always an issue on the pendulum pull-down. I don't know if anybody else has noted this, but apparently, Rogers athletic didn't only have the monster and the current version of the pendulum pull-down at their disposal, they had something between those two as well. The old version of the pendulum lat combo pull, which we actually saw Erin Stern use previously. Take a look at this picture. A combo lat at the Tatum High weight room.

notice that it doesn't have any storage for different attachable grips, rather the machine already has grips attached to it, looking carefully, you'll notice that the grips have 3 different hand positionings. Now have a look at the seat and you can see that it actually is adjustable, and below it, there are even some pedals, arguably to allow for good pre-stretch. wonder what made Hobson eliminate these features...
    Attached Images

Wow! This came unexpected. The lack of adjust-ability wasn't always an issue on the pendulum pull-down. I don't know if anybody else has noted this, but apparently, Rogers athletic didn't only have the monster and the current version of the pendulum pull-down at their disposal, they had something between those two as well. The old version of the pendulum lat combo pull, which we actually saw Erin Stern use previously. Take a look at this picture. A combo lat at the Tatum High weight room.

notice that it doesn't have any storage for different attachable grips, rather the machine already has grips attached to it, looking carefully, you'll notice that the grips have 3 different hand positionings. Now have a look at the seat and you can see that it actually is adjustable, and below it, there are even some pedals, arguably to allow for good pre-stretch. wonder what made Hobson eliminate these features...
    I am not sure of the differences in the leverage biomechanics but the version that Erin is using seems a much better design. Great detective work.

Yes good work on that... great timing also because I need to talk to Tyler about it... If I wasn't so tired I'd like to pull up that version with Erin Stern and get a screen capture of that one...

Any more pics from Tatum HS?

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 07-19-2013 at 11:42 PM.

everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Atlantis vertical plate loaded press

just got mine Chris it is definatley awesome i stay up at night just staring at it when not in use. Only complaint is i want a longer weight horn but with the plate holders on the back it comes with ill bet i can take those off and bolt them to the sides of each arm to add more weight to add 2-3 more 45lb plates if i drill holes on the outside of each arm.First Atlantis peice and the quality of it is awesome solid . pre stretch is really good . love how when your start pushing your hands are high then as you press forward the lower chess starts to contract. Definatley best chest machine ive ever used yet . i shall call this the throne of conan as for the sword of conan aka nebula shoulder press with 3 grips by tom. the search continues till i find the cave it is in.

Originally Posted by everett1979 View Post
    just got mine Chris it is definitely awesome i stay up at night just staring at it when not in use. Only complaint is i want a longer weight horn but with the plate holders on the back it comes with ill bet i can take those off and bolt them to the sides of each arm to add more weight to add 2-3 more 45 lb plates if i drill holes on the outside of each arm.First Atlantis piece and the quality of it is awesome solid . pre stretch is really good . love how when your start pushing your hands are high then as you press forward the lower chess starts to contract. Definitely best chest machine I've ever used yet . i shall call this the throne of Conan as for the sword of Conan aka nebula shoulder press with 3 grips by tom. the search continues till i find the cave it is in.

Glad to hear that... I also think so. I am very excited to try the Panatta Vertical Chest. It is quite possible I will have both side-by-side because I would never sell that Atlantis vertical chest.

However, what kind of beast monster are you that you would require so many plates on that Atlantis? I can fit (7) 45 pound plates per side on mine... I mean that is some serious weight...

(7) Plates per side should be more than enough for Mr. Olympia, all except for Superman... I mean that is 315 lbs per side * 2 = 630 lbs. If you really wanted more weight you can simply use 100's... I have to measure but you can get at least (3) 100 lb plates + (1) 45, or possibly (4) 100 lb plates on each side. I mean damn, who is pushing 800 lbs on a chest machine, even if it is a leverage machine, thats hella weight.

The only thing I would want on the Atlantis Vertical chest is a screw down terminal to hold the back pad 100% firm. Its by no means an issue, just one of those things you would tweak.

Anyway, I agree with that you say, it is my favorite vertical chest machine I have ever come across... Look forward to see how the Panatta compares.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 07-22-2013 at 09:25 AM.

everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) everett1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

atlantis vertical chest

yeah my backpad wobbles too no biggie easy fix.not sure if panatta will beat it but love the incline inflight and the super horizontal and the deltoid press is cool too not sure if better than nebula though(hate settling). i emailed pannatta on some pricing for later still waiting on there reply. you have a safe trip and hopefully lots of fun.

Originally Posted by everett1979 View Post
    yeah my backpad wobbles too no biggie easy fix.not sure if panatta will beat it but love the incline inflight and the super horizontal and the deltoid press is cool too not sure if better than nebula though(hate settling). i emailed pannatta on some pricing for later still waiting on there reply. you have a safe trip and hopefully lots of fun.

I just got a huge email from Edoardo, he asked me not to post it anywhere. The discount is well, well beyond what I posted but I can only share that information with people interested in joining the group purchase. Since you have already contacted them, let me know what individual pricing you get. I can share with you what the pricing would be with the group purchase after you get your pricing... I'm very happy. Nonetheless, I need to demo them. The good news is that I will be able to spend many days working out with their equipment, it will not be a simple 4 hour demo... I'll have quite a few days to workout, going to spend some time with the Panatta family.

LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LATS1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well i am still interested.. look forward to what you think of their line.. look forward to seeing what discounts are available before i look at a nautilus 10 degree also..

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    I just got a huge email from Edoardo, he asked me not to post it anywhere. The discount is well, well beyond what I posted but I can only share that information with people interested in joining the group purchase. Since you have already contacted them, let me know what individual pricing you get. I can share with you what the pricing would be with the group purchase after you get your pricing... I'm very happy. Nonetheless, I need to demo them. The good news is that I will be able to spend many days working out with their equipment, it will not be a simple 4 hour demo... I'll have quite a few days to workout, going to spend some time with the Panatta family.
    Sounds like you guys should just get your own 40ft high cube container from Italy to the USA.

First I need to spend some serious time with the machines.

The good part is that this would be the very last stop, and at this point, that means I will have demoed everything from every company that makes good strength equipment. I'll take some videos and detailed pics. We can have some discussion on all of the individual pieces and then plan on placing the order after we figure out the total cost per piece after discount and shipping. I'll be demoing the selectorized stuff as well. Apparently, he has some new prototypes he is going to show me as well.

I think the least expensive remains to have it shipped to a port and have Dave Goalder pick it up at the Port. Either way, I can sort that out when I am there is person. We will simply figure out the least expensive way to get these items to our places. Anyway, those interested in more details its best to PM me.

Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post

I am still interested if the price is good. The prices you posted before were just a lot more than I wanted to spend.

[QUOTE=deadwoodgregg;1105369953]
    Originally Posted by LSBKEB View Post

I need to get back up there and go through his inventory. He owes me a good deal or a favor.

Good luck, I am about 35 minutes south of him and its always fun going there and picking out a piece, hes so enthusiastic about it too.

Originally Posted by LSBKEB View Post
    I am still interested if the price is good. The prices you posted before were just a lot more than I wanted to spend.
    Ok, just anyone who is interested PM me because I'm not going to post my schedule or when I will go...

I spent the evening rearranging. L-R.....Nautilus Super Forearm, Freemotion Lat, Freemotion Row, Legend cabled Lat, Legend cabled Low Row

Attached Images

How are you liking the Superforearm?

Island Gym and Fitness Crew stopped by tonight:

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 07-24-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Speaking of best of the best:

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 07-23-2013 at 11:45 PM.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Nix-Mil...item27d46344c0

I think this brand was the precursor to Flex... Looks like a neat piece.

Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renzinho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Nix-Mil...item27d46344c0

I think this brand was the precursor to Flex... Looks like a neat piece.
    Seems like you found another hardcore equipment line... here's some other pieces

http://www.bodypowerusa.com/hq4.html

the tricep press looks interesting

and the ab crunch: http://www.bodypowerusa.com/hq2.html

Seems like you found another hardcore equipment line... here's some other pieces

http://www.bodypowerusa.com/hq4.html

the tricep press looks interesting

and the ab crunch: http://www.bodypowerusa.com/hq2.html

Good work to find the original company. The incline looks like a cheap version of the old nebula incline. A few don't look too bad I suppose. Nothing that screams wow to me...

Thinking of making custom pads for the rest of the Nebulas machines, and maybe some others also (now that I see how good Nancy from Nebula is)

For the (2) Chest machines, I was thinking of making an hour glass shaped cutout near where the rear of the shoulders press against the back pad. Also tweak the thickness and make
    the foam wrap around the sides, (just like the shoulder). I'll add a little extra foam also.

When I think about flat and incline benches, with dumbbells especially, we are so used to rectangular pads. However, I would like the width of the pad to be smaller for all my benches where the rear delt and upper triceps hit the pad. I think it would help with pre-stretch and less skin pinching...

For the low row, I told Hans to knock off some of the width and have Nancy wrap the foam around the side, but he just had a the same original design made.

Looks like John Parrillo is going to have Nancy make the pads for that incline.

i would use this machine till my arms fall off. if i ever find one (nebula shoulder).

Working on some ergonomic pads... going to send these out to Nancy for the Nebula pieces:

Attached Images

Closed Thread
Page 179 of 268 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 ... LastLast