Closed Thread
Page 175 of 265 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 7947
    ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    it seemed the government then truly had the best interest of the people in mind when crafting legislation, and had an honest worry about any government getting to the point where it was a power unto itself.
    I'm not sure how someone can definitively speak on the "interest" of the nation during a period in which they weren't even alive. At best, you could parrot the information written about the period from someone who was, but that wouldn't make you enough of an authority on the subject to argue with anyone about it.
    Who was this love of yours?

kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn.

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    I'm kind of pissed, I wasn't included in MJs worst list.

I'm losing my touch.
    Tough break, Squatty.

If it's any consolation, in your heyday you were one of the worst. Times change, and if you have to change with them. No matter how bad you are, there will always be someone worse than you gunning for your spot. The torch has been passed.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    next time just leave that fcking novel in there.
    Nah. Everything I read from the Founding Fathers indicates that those were some pretty smart sumb!tches.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nah. Everything I read from the Founding Fathers indicates that those were some pretty smart sumb!tches.
    I wonder what the founders would think of the firearms that are available to people today.

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Good stuff in that post, but I have to ask whether or not the bearing of arms to stop a tyrannical government isn't a bit outdated by technology.

The government today has fighter jets, stealth bombers, drones, flak armor and fully automatic rifles, etc.

Not much a guy with a shotgun is going to be able to do against that?
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post
    Tough break, Squatty.

If it's any consolation, in your heyday you were one of the worst. Times change, and if you have to change with them. No matter how bad you are, there will always be someone worse than you gunning for your spot. The torch has been passed.
    So I have been tossed into the mediocre slightly better than average worst pile?

I can live with that.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wonder what the founders would think of the firearms that are available to people today.
    They'd probably all agree that frep should delete more posts.

Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    I think not sir. They would support my freedom of post.
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I think the principle that the people have as much "firepower" as the government is actually more out of balance today than it was in their time. IE: the government has more power to be "tyrannical" now due to all the weapons they have that the populace does not.

Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post
    Good stuff in that post, but I have to ask whether or not the bearing of arms to stop a tyrannical government isn't a bit outdated by technology.

The government today has fighter jets, stealth bombers, drones, flak armor and fully automatic rifles, etc.

True. There's no doubt that the Founding Fathers desired the people to be able to effectively resist the government, so I guess the argument would be that the people should have access to even deadlier weapons, if anything. But I'm not really trying to argue the point either way.

I do appreciate, however, that the "government" back then was not about furthering its own power, but actually limiting it. Refreshing take on things, IMO.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol....

True. There's no doubt that the Founding Fathers desired the people to be able to effectively resist the government, so I guess the argument would be that the people should have access to even deadlier weapons, if anything.
    Wait, so you don't have a squadron of F-35 Lightning II's in an aircraft hanger in your backyard?

Wait, so you don't have a squadron of F-35 Lightning II's in an aircraft hanger in your backyard?
    I did, but they were "lost" in an unfortunate accident.

Yea, definitely lost.

Yea, that's the ticket.

I did, but they were "lost" in an unfortunate accident.

Yea, definitely lost.

Yea, that's the ticket.
    Ahh yeah. I hear ya. Mine were stolen. Bastards made away with all of my armament too.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Went and watched the Hobbit tonight. Here is my thoughts:

The Hobbit was good ****. As a person who has never read any of the Tolkien books and only loosely watched/followed the LotR movies, this one was on point. IMO, much better pacing than the LotR movies. I'm thinking ol' Petey Jax learned where he f*cked up with the boring ass LotR movies (especially the extended editions).
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

The Hobbit was good ****. As a person who has never read any of the Tolkien books and only loosely watched/followed the LotR movies, this one was on point. IMO, much better pacing than the LotR movies. I'm thinking ol' Petey Jax learned where he f*cked up with the boring ass LotR movies (especially the extended editions).
    This is exactly the opposite opinion of everyone I've talked to that's seen it.

(I haven't, yet)
    -

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

If only the insurgents in Iraq/Afghanistan knew that... just think of all the time/energy/money/lives we've wasted!!!
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ctrainer View Post
    You mean re-enlisted, right?
    Originally Posted by Ctrainer View Post
    But I thought he just got out?

Or are you just being contrary for the sake of being contrary?
    Shouples can clarify, but I believe he was explaining why he originally enlisted, not meaning to suggest that he had recently re-enlisted. I can see how his use of "just" caused confusion, but that's my interpretation.
    Correct - probably should've gone with better wording, but that was my "main" reason for enlisting. My contract finished about a year and a half ago.

Originally Posted by kvk1 View Post
    I just learned the word "spifflicated" today.

I quite like it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spifflicated
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

welp, things have definitely taken a turn for the suck in here

Thumbs up

Here is my thoughts:
    Thanks for letting me know when to stop reading.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post

(I haven't, yet)
    Yeah, when my coworker told me he wanted to go see it I was like "ehhh... from what I've heard....." and he was a little bummed. I even gave him sh*t about how i was going to be bored for 3 hours as we drove there.

I liked it. I also think, there is a chance that it being long movies will help include all those details that are always left out of books, that the book fans are like "Z0MG!!11! How could they leave that out?!?!?"

I'm not sure if this book should be three movies, but at least what I saw up until, it wasn't slow or drag on. The only part I feel was relatively unnecessary was the encounter between Smeagle/Gollem and Bilbo, but it explains the acquisition of the ring... so.... it was needed.

The theater I was at gave an intermission at the midway point which was great. I was needed to pee for 15 minutes prior to that and was trying to anticipate a slow section where I could leave and not risk missing anything (but again, due to the great pacing, I was never sure where a slow period would be).
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

You clearly have abso-fcking-lutely no clue what you're talking about.
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

There's more than one kind of shooting, Mr. Naismith.

Don't bring my weak kidneys into this.

lol

Originally Posted by medjen View Post

(I haven't, yet)
    I found it much more enjoyable than the LOTR trilogy so far. Good flick imho!

Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    If only the insurgents in Iraq/Afghanistan knew that... just think of all the time/energy/money/lives we've wasted!!!
    I see what you're saying. It shows just how good our technology and skill is. As it stands today we've lost ~4,486 US Soldiers between 2003 and 2012, compared to the hundreds of thousands of total casualties in Iraq alone.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    What did you think of 48fps? Did it detract from it or enhance it?

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by theshoupguy View Post
    Beard of truth.

But again....this is Chaz he thinks the star ratings on imdb are for the amount you subtract from 10 to rate movies.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #56 ▪█─────█▪

This is a marked deviation from the norm.

Have you seen the movie?

LotR movies are boooorrrriiinnnng. Especially the extended edition. Dear f*cking lord, I wanted to kill myself during 2/3 of each movie. Randall sums up the series best in Clerks 2.

there wasn't so much damn walking. When there was, they included fights, instead of pairing it up with more walking like in LotR.
    I hate you.
    I hate you all. Frep and I are on the same page.

Hate.

You.

All.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Closed Thread
Page 175 of 265 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast