Page 125 of 152 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4543
    NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by martin_mathers View Post
    Probably not gonna happen. Told myself the same thing before my meet and got right back to the gym on Monday.
    No i mean from competing. Earliest will be in January, but maybe not til next summer or so.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post
    No i mean from competing. Earliest will be in January, but maybe not til next summer or so.
    Ah. That's good. Competing once a year is more than enough for me.
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129669663

Lifts on IG: martinwongwc

RAWWW turned raw w/ wraps turned SingleplytillIdie

Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Body feels great honestly. Back of left leg, probably the lateral hamstring tendon, feels a bit banged up today because I think I messed up the wrap yesterday.

Still a bit bummed about squatting lately, and this is by far the least excited I've ever been for a meet yet. Looking forward to a long ish layoff after the meet.
    Thats sh!tty man. I'm looking forward to a break though as well. Also, this will likely be the last CPF meet I do for a while. I'm headed off to Regina in the fall to do my masters. Been considering training at Mettle PTC, it's like 10 mins away (308smk told me about it).
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ah. That's good. Competing once a year is more than enough for me.
    Yeah man, this will be my 6th meet in 2 years. It's not a ton of meets or anything but I think 1-2 a year is a bit better for me unless one of them ends up being a qualifying meet for a a differnt meet at which I will actually try or something.

Originally Posted by Daemonium View Post
    Thats sh!tty man. I'm looking forward to a break though as well. Also, this will likely be the last CPF meet I do for a while. I'm headed off to Regina in the fall to do my masters. Been considering training at Mettle PTC, it's like 10 mins away (308smk told me about it).
    Yeah I am done with the CPF after this meet I think as well.

That sounds sick man, hope you have a blast out there. Kendyl going with you?

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yeah I am done with the CPF after this meet I think as well.

That sounds sick man, hope you have a blast out there. Kendyl going with you?
    Thanks, It should be a good time. She actually got into physio school at Queens so she's going to be back in Ontario. I'd definitely rather be in Ontario than Saskatchewan lol, but there was a great scholarship opportunity that will get me some practical experience in the process, so I couldn't say no. It was very last minute. Can't say I'm looking forward to living in Regina though.
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

CPF Nationals Peaking Block - Week 5 Day 2

Bench

270x2x4
    270x4 PR

slingshot

315x4 PR

Pause Deadlift

330x3x2

sumo

330x3x1

Squat

365x5
    385x1
    405x3
    405x2x2

Video

Commentary

Really decent day today. Very happy with the bench and squats. Played with sumo a bit today for ****s and I might pull a bit of sumo this Friday and see how that goes.

Squats I had no plan, i was half thinking just hit decent reps with 315 to build the pattern or whatever but I just decided to work hard instead. 405x3 is some of the best squatting I've actually done recently.

Video up soon.

Originally Posted by Daemonium View Post
    Thanks, It should be a good time. She actually got into physio school at Queens so she's going to be back in Ontario. I'd definitely rather be in Ontario than Saskatchewan lol, but there was a great scholarship opportunity that will get me some practical experience in the process, so I couldn't say no. It was very last minute. Can't say I'm looking forward to living in Regina though.
    oh right on. at least you two will be kinda close.
    Last edited by NorthStrong; 06-08-2016 at 08:44 PM.

CPF Nationals Peaking Block - Week 5 Day 3

Deadlift

410x1x10

410x0x2 (how the **** do people pull with straps? hands were getting torn up so I put on straps to try and get a few more in...noope)

Squat

365x1
    405x1
    405x5 (FUk YES!)

add wrap
    455x1
    455x3

Close Grip Bench

225x6
    225x5

Video

Commentary

Really happy with this session overall. I wanted to put on straps and hit a set of reps like I said above, but Iguess that was just not in the cards for today lol. Tried pulling sumo, just not feeling that strong with it, not any more than conv anyway so I'll keep pulling like a man.

Decided to squat heavy even though I just deadlifted heavy, and I'm glad I did. 405x5 was a BIG mental barrier for me to get across, especially in a fatigued state. Very happy. 455 moved well (8 rev THP), then I managed to get 9 revs for the next set, I think that was almost too tight actually, felt awkward. But I did hit some decent reps with 455x3.

Close Grips felt decent too, miscounted the first set though.

Finally pulling this prep together....

martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good. Straps are dumb I can't pull with them as well.

I could tell from the video you're not used to tight wraps. You paused the 455x3. If you can consistently get 9 revs for your top sets and do the same for your 2nd and 3rd attempts that'd be great.
    Last edited by martin_mathers; 06-10-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Good. Straps are dumb I can't pull with them as well.

I could tell from the video you're not used to tight wraps. You paused the 455x3. If you can consistently get 9 revs for your top sets and do the same for your 2nd and 3rd attempts that'd be great.
    Pete Rubish pls.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, it was unintentionally paused because i was just trying to get as deep as I could and it got to a point when I couldn't go down more lol.

2nd and 3rd were both good, and I think they were to decent depth too.

I'll try for 9 revs on monday when I have my squat amap day. I feel way more comfortable in 8 revs though, throws me less out of my groove.

GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Subbed.
    Zeolla.org
    Personal website of Gary F. Zeolla
    All-time open raw top 15 ranked powerlifter
    All-time masters raw record breaking powerlifter
    Author of Christian and of fitness books, websites, and newsletters
    http://www.zeolla.org/

My training log: GZeolla’s Two by Two Powerlifting Training Plan
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165355561

“the Lord stood by me and gave me strength” (2Tim 4:17).

CPF Nationals 2016 Peaking Block - Week 5 Day 4

Press

145x2x9
    145x8

S/S with

2 Hand DB Rows 50s x8x10

Assistance

DB Flyes 3x8 @ 25
    s/s
    DB Rolling Extensions 3x12 @ 25s

DB Side + Rear Raises 3x10 @ 15s

DB Curls 3x8 @ 25s
    s/s
    Tricep Creepers 3x8,8,8

DB Hammer Curls 3x8 @ 25s
    s/s
    Band Pushdown 3x10

Video

Commentary

Really easy, and enjoyable day. OHP feels pretty strong and pain-free right now which is a good indicator of a big bench coming up at the meet for me.

Originally Posted by GZeolla View Post
    Subbed.
    Thanks! You're tuning in at a good time, I have a meet in 2 weeks.

CPF Nationals Peaking Block - Week 6 Day 1

Squat

425x1x2
    425x0
    425x1
    405x1
    425x1x2
    425x0
    405x1
    425x1

(6 reps total @ 425)

Long Pause Bench

255x3x1

Stiff Leg DL

300x5 PR

Video

Commentary

Completely ****ed up day. Never been so annoyed / frustrated with training.

Buddy that I was supposed to competing with last minute decided to compete with no wraps instead of wraps, so I decided today that I might as well go no wraps so I can at least still compete head to head with him. Pretty pissed he didn't tell me until today but whatever.

Anyway I didn't sleep enough last night or eat enough today and this workout was **** because of it.

The plan was to take 425 for an amrap, getting about 2-4 reps which would put me in a good spot for a decent little no wrap PR at the meet (hoping for anywhere from 457-474), which seemed totally reasonable to me after having a great workout on Friday, hitting 405x5 no wraps after a bunch of deadlifting.

Anyway the first set was not bad, actually moved well but I was off center on the bar so I racked it and decided set two would be the amrap. Set two felt ****ty though, as did all of the subsequent sets. After the second miss I went back down and re-warmed up, again hit a snappy 405 but ****edu pon the 425.

I'm less angry with today's session now than I was during it / earlier, but it's still not acceptable. Video up in a minute.

I know it was a really stupid day but at least I didn't quit. Wednesday and Friday will be better.
    Last edited by NorthStrong; 06-13-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Could've recouped a couple weeks ago when you started having awful training and rewritten something more structured leading up to the meet...but no...

But oh well that's how you learn from mistakes.

Could've recouped a couple weeks ago when you started having awful training and rewritten something more structured leading up to the meet...but no...

But oh well that's how you learn from mistakes.
    It was really well structured, just had a bunch of bad days. Last week I finally started squatting well again, and honestly judging by today's first 425, it wasn't awful today either other than I let things get to me mentally, and I am definitely under-recovered currently.

Seems dumb but I think I will be ok for meet day.

Also it was tricky a few weeks back because it was already so close to meet time it was basically too late to cycle back anyway.

But you're definitely right it is a learning opportunity and I'll know better moving forward.

CPF Nationals Peaking Block - Week 6 Day 1.5

Squat

405x1
    425x1x3

Commentary

Decided to squat again because I wanted to.

Need to take a few days off squatting though because the skin on my back is starting to tear apart and I don't want it to rip open right before the meet.

Went back in flat shoes today and felt good, balance seems better.
    Last edited by NorthStrong; 06-14-2016 at 07:09 PM.

CPF Nationals Peaking Block - Week 6 Day 2

Bench

285x1
    285x2 PR (spotter took third)

slingshot

315x1
    335x0 lol

Pause Deadlift

345x3

Videos

Commentary

Solid day today. This week really is the first week in the last month and a half that has had lower volume than the week before.

I hit 285x1 but I noticed that I lowered the bar too slowly and it came up slower as a result. So I took it again about 1 minute or so later, and the first two reps felt really good. I honestly think I would have had the third rep, but the spotter took it. It's my girlfriend's dad and he doesn't lift, so although i told him beforehand what I wanted I think he just panicked a bit. Really not a big deal at all though since 285x2 is still a PR, and it moved well enough for me to call it an RPE 9.

Then paused DL moved really well, and I was happy with that, looking for a good set on Friday with the 425 amrap.

CPF Nationals 2016 Peaking Block - Week 6 Day 3 (last heavy day of training)

Deadlift

425x3 PR

Squat

445x1 no wrap
    500x1 wrap PR

Video

Commetnary

**** yeah.

decided I am going to be doing wraps, that is what i've been training for and deviating from it would be stupid at this point.

I went for and missed a 4th on the deadlift, and I think I would have been able to lock it out if it was at a meet but I felt that it was a really ****ty position so I didn't finish it.

Anyway the last meet I did the best ever set of 3 I had pulled was 375. So 425x3 (on a ****ing stiff bar) feels really good.

In the 500 club now. Woo.

dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Saw the squat on the ole Instagram, good job buddy can't way to see what you put up
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165062591

Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/dhale0895/?hl=en

GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GZeolla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good that you decided to stick with wraps. I did the same thing before my last contest. Was training for with wraps, then was doing to go with sleeves, but then went back to with wraps. I went 9/9 at the contest and hit all of my goals. Hope the same happens to you. Good luck at the contest.
    Zeolla.org
    Personal website of Gary F. Zeolla
    All-time open raw top 15 ranked powerlifter
    All-time masters raw record breaking powerlifter
    Author of Christian and of fitness books, websites, and newsletters
    http://www.zeolla.org/

My training log: GZeolla’s Two by Two Powerlifting Training Plan
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165355561

“the Lord stood by me and gave me strength” (2Tim 4:17).

Yea you pretty much just gave up on the 4th rep, definitely would've had it. With all the crappy training you've been having I think your deadlift is looking the strongest.

Originally Posted by dhale0895 View Post
    Saw the squat on the ole Instagram, good job buddy can't way to see what you put up
    Thanks man, I'm pretty stoked now too!

Originally Posted by GZeolla View Post
    Good that you decided to stick with wraps. I did the same thing before my last contest. Was training for with wraps, then was doing to go with sleeves, but then went back to with wraps. I went 9/9 at the contest and hit all of my goals. Hope the same happens to you. Good luck at the contest.
    Thanks a lot - I'd be really happy with that. Just working out my goals and attempt selection for the meet this week. I am finally feeling optimistic about all 3 lifts now!

Yea you pretty much just gave up on the 4th rep, definitely would've had it. With all the crappy training you've been having I think your deadlift is looking the strongest.
    Yeah I just didn't wanna blow something in training on an ugly grinder for no reason. Meet conditions I wouldn't ever quit that pull.

Deadlift is definitely going well, I was surprised since you don't here much about higher frequency deadlifting working out well, but pulling 3x a week has done wonders for me.

CPF Nationals 2016 Peaking Block - Meet Week Day 1

Squat

425x1

Bench

265x1
    225x5

Deadlift

385x1

Commentary

Just worked up to my last warmups.

CPF Nationals 2016 Peaking Block - Last Workout

Squat

225x3x2

Bench

225x3x3

Deadlift

225x3

Video

Commentary

Meet on Saturday.

dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhale0895 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck brotha
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165062591

Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/dhale0895/?hl=en

Originally Posted by dhale0895 View Post
    Good luck brotha
    Thanks man, weigh ins in a few hours. Should be pretty easy since I'm not cutting lol.

CPF Nationals Amateur Day 2016

Squat

205 / 452
    220 / 485
    230 / 507x

Bench

125 / 275
    137.5 / 303
    140 / 308x

Deadlift

190 / 419
    210 / 463
    215 / 474x

Total

567.5 / 1251

Video

Commentary

Pretty dumb meet TBH. Never seen this strict of judging at any meet IPF or not, it was ridiculous. But I improved over last time, had an absolute blast with my friends, and I'm not injured.

Time for some time off from competing, and lots of time to build up for next year.

In Depth Commentary

Weighed in the day before, at the end of the day at 232lb bw, although I was 227 that morning. Squat warmups were alright. Felt just kinda tired all day, couldn't stop yawning all day which was odd. Never happened to me before.

Hit a good first and 2nd, then missed my third. Before my third the announcer was talking for a while so I had to stand around in my wraps, then when I went to unrack the had the arms of the monolift in the wrong position, so I had to position my upper body kinda weird and I was not tight enough for a PR squat. I just didn't want to wait and get the arms adjusted while waiting in the wraps for longer. Not a big deal though, this is what makes lifting in a meet different than in the gym.

Bench I opened super light with 275, took a jump to 303 to ensure I got in the 300lb bench at a meet club, and although I hit it there was nothing left. I was expecting 308 or 314 for a third. This was still a 5kg pr over last meet so that's not bad.

Deadlifts (starting roughly 10 hours after squatting...) were tough. I was just tired at this point really, and I only managed a 2.5kg pr on my third attempt.

Basically I had a kinda mediocre meet with a couple PRs and I'm looking forward to this year off competing to actually get strong.
    Last edited by NorthStrong; 06-26-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Finally an update. Was wondering how you did, much more than any of the IPF Worlds stuff. Looks like you took your squat way too deep for a CPF meet. But for your first meet in wraps as long as you didn't **** up the timing you did good. For deads 474 would've gone but you had no more gas after a long day.

Finally an update. Was wondering how you did, much more than any of the IPF Worlds stuff. Looks like you took your squat way too deep for a CPF meet. But for your first meet in wraps as long as you didn't **** up the timing you did good. For deads 474 would've gone but you had no more gas after a long day.
    Yeah it was a bit dumb how long that day was. I always squat too deep in meets, especially didn't want a red after how tight it was being called yesterday. Bruce was there, so I think they were not giving any gifts whatsoever.

It's funny because I cared a lot more about the IPF worlds stuff than my own lifting lmao. Me and all my buddies watched the great 83kg battle last night on youtube when we got back from the meet.

Yeah it was a bit dumb how long that day was. I always squat too deep in meets, especially didn't want a red after how tight it was being called yesterday. Bruce was there, so I think they were not giving any gifts whatsoever.

It's funny because I cared a lot more about the IPF worlds stuff than my own lifting lmao. Me and all my buddies watched the great 83kg battle last night on youtube when we got back from the meet.
    Bruce is a good strict judge for squats and deads. Redlighted my gf twice for depth at her last meet. He gives the quickest press calls though.

It's just the lightweight and junior guys for the past couple of days right? Raw lifting is really boring to watch though even if there are guys squatting around 800lbs. The only guys that are worth my time to watch in the IPF are Kelly Branton, Blaine, Ray and Jezza. Sounds crazy but nowadays an 800lb squat is becoming the norm in raw non-midget powerlifting.

Bruce is a good strict judge for squats and deads. Redlighted my gf twice for depth at her last meet. He gives the quickest press calls though.

It's just the lightweight and junior guys for the past couple of days right? Raw lifting is really boring to watch though even if there are guys squatting around 800lbs. The only guys that are worth my time to watch in the IPF are Kelly Branton, Blaine, Ray and Jezza. Sounds crazy but nowadays an 800lb squat is becoming the norm in raw non-midget powerlifting.
    Bruce gave a bunch of weird BS calls last night IMO. Judging from the front called my friend for not standing up completely, how he can tell that from the front im not sure, I was at the side and he was standing up perfectly locked out.

JEzza and Ray and them are going at it now...

Page 125 of 152 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast