Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn, I love how organized this thread is, good job guys!!
    .:MiscMarioBrahs:.

0341 Infantry Mortarman

Philippians 4:13 We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us and without Christ we can do nothing! Joshua 1:9, Colossians 1:9-14
    Pray for all U.S. military troops at home and abroad in Jesus name.

Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AFXC1 View Post
    Damn, I love how organized this thread is, good job guys!!
    Me too haha, I loveee organization.

Originally Posted by Fsambuka View Post
    Aileen Wuornos, add her to the list too buddy, this is interesting stuff, gjdm.
    will do.

Originally Posted by Surive123 View Post
    I'm following.
    Thank you, it does mean a lot when people let me know that they're enjoying the articles.
    Last edited by Just4Misc; 04-22-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Freelance Web/Graphic Designer and Developer

Recharge - 422brah, Erevan, sherenk, VTJimmy, Spartaperez, d4mn3d
    PM me if I forget, which happens often.

Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000) Just4Misc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Was supposed to go out tonight, but feeling like **** since I still haven't slept since yesterday morning... going to take it easy, hopefully get some sleep?

If insomnia persists, expect a lot more posts.. especially the ending to Ted Bundy.

Theodore Bundy Continued - Murders and then there was Carlyn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy
    Ted Bundy's 1968 VW Beetle. This was the car he used for most of his murders.
    Now on display at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment in Washington, DC

There is no definitive agreement on exactly when and where Bundy began killing women. Bundy himself told different stories to different people, and refused to divulge the specifics of his earliest crimes, even as he confessed in gruesome detail to dozens of later murders in the days leading up to his execution. In his penultimate interview with King County Detective Robert Keppel, he mentioned a homicide in 1972, and another involving a hitchhiker near Tumwater, Washington in 1973, but refused to elaborate. Rule and Keppel both believe he may have started killing as a teenager, and there is some evidence that he killed a young girl in Tacoma in 1961 when he was only 14 years old, although he denied it.

On January 4, 1974, Bundy entered the basement bedroom of 18-year-old Joni Lenz, bludgeoned her with a metal rod from her bed frame, and then sexually assaulted her with the same metal rod, causing extensive internal injuries. She remained unconscious for 10 days, but survived the attack, with permanent brain damage. A month later, again late at night, Bundy broke into the room of UW coed Lynda Ann Healy, who broadcast Seattle's weather reports for skiers on the radio each morning. He beat her unconscious, dressed her in bluejeans, a white blouse and boots, and carried her away.

Young female college students began disappearing at an alarming rate, roughly one per month. Detectives from the Crimes Against Persons Unit of the Seattle Police Department were becoming increasingly concerned. Finally you fuk heads. The paucity of physical evidence left them little to go on; and the missing women had little in common, other than that they were all young, attractive Caucasian college students, and all had long hair, parted in the middle.

During this period, Bundy was working at the Washington State Department of Emergency Services (DES) in Olympia — a government agency which, ironically, was deeply involved in the search for the missing women. There, he met and dated Carole Ann Boone, a twice-divorced mother of two who, six years later, would play a crucial role in the final phase of his life.
    1. Reports of the six missing women, and Lenz's brutal beating, appeared frequently in newspapers and on television throughout Washington and Oregon.
    2. Fear spread rapidly among the general population. Hitchhiking among young women dropped sharply. Pressure mounted on law enforcement agencies, but the complete lack of physical evidence hampered them severely.
    3. King County detectives, finally armed with a detailed description of the suspect as well his car, posted fliers throughout the Seattle area. See Above Featured Image

Idaho, Utah and Colorado

In August 1974 Bundy, having received a second acceptance from the University of Utah Law School, moved to Salt Lake City, leaving Kloepfer behind in Seattle. He got a job as a night dormitory manager, and later as a campus security officer. While he called Kloepfer often, he dated multiple other women, "at least a dozen" by his own estimate. Sometime during the year he lived in Utah he was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Records indicate he was not an active participant in Mormon services, and ignored most church restrictions.

A month later, a new murder spree began with two homicides that would go undiscovered until Bundy confessed to them shortly before his execution:
    1. On September 2 he picked up a hitchhiker in Idaho whom he raped and strangled; her identity remains unknown and no body was ever found.
    2. On October 2 he seized 16-year-old Nancy Wilcox in Holladay, Utah, and dragged her into a wooded area, intending, he said, to "de-escalate" his pathologic urges by raping and releasing her. However, he strangled her — by accident, he claimed — in the process of trying to silence her screams and protests.
    3. On October 18, 1974, Melissa Smith, 17-year-old girl's nude body was found nine days later; she had been brutally beaten, raped, sodomized, and strangled. Postmortem examination indicated that she had been kept alive for at least five days after her disappearance.
    4. On October 31, Laura Aime, also 17, disappeared and her naked body was found raped, sodomized, and strangled.
    5. Vail ski instructor Julie Cunningham, 26, was approached by Bundy while she was on crutches and asked that she help him carry his ski boots to his car, where he clubbed her with his crowbar, immobilized her with handcuffs, and strangled her.
    6. Denise Oliverson, 25, disappeared in Grand Junction on April 6 while riding her bicycle to her parents' house; her bike and sandals were found abandoned under a viaduct near a railroad bridge.
    7. On April 15 Melanie Suzanne Cooley, 18, walked away from her high school in Nederland, 50 miles west of Denver. Road workers found her body a week later in Coal Creek Canyon, 20 miles away.
    8. On May 6 Bundy lured Lynette Culver, a 12-year-old girl, from her junior high school in Pocatello, Idaho, and took her to his room at a Holiday Inn where he raped and drowned her.
    9. On July 1, Shelley K. Robertson, 24, failed to show up for work in Golden, Colorado. Her nude, decomposed body was found in August, 500 feet inside a mine on Berthoud Pass, near Vail, by two mining students.
    10. The bodies of Wilcox, Kent, Cunningham, Culver, Curtis and Oliverson have never been recovered.

By then Bundy had risen considerably on their hierarchy of suspicion, but the Lake Sammamish witness considered most reliable by detectives failed to pick him from a photo lineup. Bundy's name was added to their burgeoning list of suspects, but at that time no credible evidence linked him to the Utah crimes.

Caryn Campbell

On January 12, a 23-year-old registered nurse named Caryn Campbell decided to retrieve a magazine from her room in the Wildwood Inn (now the Wildwood Lodge) at Snowmass. Her fiancée watched her enter the elevator in the hotel's lobby, and colleagues saw her emerge from it upstairs; she vanished somewhere along a well-lighted hallway between the elevator and her room. Her nude body was found a month later next to a dirt road just outside of the resort. She had been killed by repeated blunt instrument blows to her head that left distinctive linear grooved depressions on her skull, and deep cuts from a sharp weapon.

In early June, Bundy spent a week in Seattle with Kloepfer, and they discussed getting married the following Christmas. Again, Kloepfer made no mention of her discussions about him with the King County Police and Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office; and Bundy disclosed neither his ongoing relationship with Boone.

Meanwhile, in Washington state, investigators were still struggling to understand the Pacific Northwest murder spree that had ended as abruptly as it had begun. In an effort to make sense of the huge mass of data at hand, they resorted to the then-innovative strategy of compiling a database, using the King County payroll computer, a "huge, primitive machine" by today's standards, but the only one available for their use.

After inputting the many lists they had compiled — classmates and acquaintances of each victim, Volkswagen owners named "Ted", known sex offenders, and so on — they queried the computer for coincidences. Out of thousands of names, 26 turned up on four separate lists; one of them was Ted Bundy. They also compiled, manually, a list of their 100 "best" suspects, and Bundy was on that list too. Bundy was "literally at the top of the pile" of suspects when word came from Utah of his arrest.

Ted Bundy Continued in the next update...
    Last edited by Just4Misc; 04-22-2011 at 07:17 PM.

icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey bros right now on biography channel is a show about H H Holmes and his castle!

BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10) BEEG_DADDY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    aware me on what exactly Jinnah did that is bad? he split india, big whoop

Originally Posted by BEEG_DADDY View Post
    aware me on what exactly Jinnah did that is bad? he split india, big whoop

Said it to a guy in the thread before
    See below

Originally Posted by .horizons. View Post
    lol ali jinnah is considered dangerous? how his name is up there with ed gein's and edi amin's is mind boggling.
    He's not.
    In the OP I stated that it's not ONLY limited to dangerous people anymore, for the sake of his article.

I did it as a courtesy post for the person who wanted to know more about him.

systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50) systemdownz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    amount of hard work in the thread is admirable OP

R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ugh....the Albert Fish one made me feel physically ill. sick, sick f**k.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000) daddyraph is just really nice. (+1000)
    in for more ted bundy

R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R_V_P has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do Ian Brady/ Myra Hindley
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can somebody make one for George Bush and Ronald Reagan plz.....Would rep
    Reps on sight:
    Laygord, Ganjamayne,bruh,pammybilloni

Tool & A perfect circle

Theodore Bundy Continued -Trial and More Murders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy
    Ted Bundy's 1968 VW Beetle. This was the car he used for most of his murders.
    Now on display at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment in Washington, DC

In August 1975, Bundy was arrested by a Utah Highway Patrol officer in Granger, a suburb of Salt Lake City, after he failed to pull over for a routine traffic stop.Strong fail. A search of his car revealed a ski mask, another mask made from pantyhose, a crowbar, handcuffs, trash bags, a coil of rope, an ice pick, and other items initially assumed to be burglary tools. Bundy calmly explained that the ski mask was for skiing, he had found the handcuffs in a dumpster, and the rest were common household items.

However, Detective Jerry Thompson remembered a very similar suspect and car description from the November 1974 DaRonch kidnapping, and Bundy's name from Kloepfer's December 1974 phone call. In a search of Bundy's apartment police found a guide to Colorado ski resorts with a checkmark by the Wildwood Inn, and a brochure advertising the Viewmont High School play in Bountiful, but nothing sufficiently incriminating to hold him. He was released on his own recognizance. Bundy later said that searchers missed a collection of photographs of his victims hidden in the utility room, which he destroyed after he was released.

On September 2, Bundy sold his Volkswagen Beetle to a Midvale teenager. Utah police impounded it, and FBI technicians dismantled and searched it. They found hairs that matched Caryn Campbell's, and the ridges of the crowbar confiscated during Bundy's initial arrest matched the blunt-instrument impressions on Campbell's skull.

Seattle police still had insufficient hard evidence to charge him in the Pacific Northwest murders, but maintained a constant, close surveillance." "When Ted and I stepped out on the porch to go somewhere," wrote Kloepfer, "so many unmarked police cars started up that it sounded like the beginning of the Indy 500."

He stood trial in February 1976, forfeiting his right to a jury on the advice of his counsel, the well-regarded defense attorney John O'Connell, because of the intense publicity surrounding the case. After a four-day trial the judge found him guilty, and ordered him to Utah State Prison for a 90-day psychiatric evaluation. On June 30 the judge reduced Bundy's kidnapping charge from a first-degree to a second-degree count because of his "clean" prior record, and sentenced him to one to 15 years in prison. On October 22, Colorado authorities charged him with Caryn Campbell's murder, and he was extradited to Aspen in January 1977.

The Escapes

On June 7, 1977, Bundy was transported from the county jail in Glenwood Springs, Colorado to Pitkin County Courthouse in Aspen for a preliminary hearing. He had elected to serve as his own attorney, and as such was not wearing handcuffs or leg shackles. During a recess he asked to visit the courthouse's law library to research his case. Concealed behind a bookcase, he opened a window and jumped from the second story, spraining his right ankle as he landed. After walking through the town he hiked southward onto Aspen Mountain, where he broke into a hunting cabin near the summit and stole food, clothing, and a rifle.

On June 13 Bundy stole a car at the edge of Aspen Golf Course. Cold, sleep-deprived, and in constant pain from his sprained ankle, he drove back into Aspen, and would have escaped but for two police officers who noticed the Cadillac weaving in and out of its lane, and pulled him over. He had been on the lam for six days. In the car were maps of the mountain area around Aspen which prosecutors were using to show the location of Caryn Campbell's body, indicating that the escape had been planned in advance. Holly fuk.

Back in the Glenwood Springs jail, Bundy devised a new escape plan. He acquired a hacksaw blade from another inmate, and over $500 in cash that he later said was smuggled in by visiting friends — Carole Ann Boone in particular — over a 6-month period. During the evenings, while other prisoners were showering, Bundy sawed a hole about one foot square in the corner of his cell's ceiling and, after losing 35 pounds, was able to wriggle through the hole into the crawl space above. In the weeks that followed he made multiple "practice runs", exploring the parameters of the space. An informant told officers he heard someone moving around within the ceiling in the middle of the night, but the report was not investigated. Two days before Christmas of 1977, the Aspen trial judge approved a change of venue to Colorado Springs. A week later, the night before he was to be moved, Bundy packed books and files in his bunkbed under a blanket to simulate his sleeping body, and slipped into the crawlspace. He broke through the ceiling into the linen closet of the jailer's apartment — the jailer and his wife were out for the evening — and walked out the front door to freedom. PRISON BREAK SEASON 1 ANYONEEEEEE?!

The Glenwood Springs jail officers did not discover that Bundy was gone until noon on New Years Eve, 17 hours after his escape, when he was already in Chicago.

Florida Murders

1. One week after his arrival in Tallahassee, at approximately 3 a.m. on January 15, 1978, Bundy entered Florida State's Chi Omega sorority house, and with a branch from an oak tree, bludgeoned to death Margaret Bowman, 21, as she slept in her bed.
    2. He then turned on 20-year-old Lisa Levy with the same weapon, after which he tore off one of her nipples, bit deeply into her left buttock, and sexually assaulted her with a hair mist bottle. She died the next morning en route to the hospital.
    3. In an adjoining bedroom he attacked roommates Kathy Kleiner (who suffered a broken jaw and deep shoulder lacerations) and Karen Chandler (concussion, broken jaw, loss of teeth, and crushed finger).
    4. After leaving Chi Omega, Bundy broke into an apartment building eight blocks away and attacked FSU student and dancer Cheryl Thomas, fracturing her jaw and her skull in five places, dislocating her shoulder, and causing permanent equilibrium damage that ended her dance career.
    5. Backtracking 60 miles westward to Lake City, he abducted 12-year-old Kimberly Diane Leach from the grounds of Lake City Junior High School on February 9, raped and murdered her, and concealed her body in a small hog farrowing shed near Suwannee River State Park.

I don't even...

On February 12 he fled Tallahassee, heading west across the Florida panhandle. Three days later, near the Alabama state line, Bundy was stopped by Pensacola police officer David Lee after a "wants and warrants" check showed the orange Volkswagen Beetle he was driving was stolen. Bundy kicked Lee's legs out from under him and took off running. Lee fired a warning shot, then fired a second round at the fleeing man. They struggled over Lee's gun before the officer subdued and arrested him. In the Volkswagen were three complete sets of FSU student IDs, 21 stolen credit cards, and a stolen television set. As Lee transported his suspect to jail, unaware that he had just arrested one of the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Criminals, Bundy reportedly told him, "I wish you had killed me."

Florida Murders

A year later, following a change of venue to Miami, Bundy stood trial on the Tallahassee homicides, assaults, and a variety of lesser petty larceny and purse snatching charges. Despite the presence of five court-appointed attorneys, Bundy again insisted on defending himself. According to Mike Minerva, a Tallahassee public defender and member of the defense team until Bundy dismissed him, a pre-trial plea bargain agreement was cut in which

Bundy would plead guilty to killing Levy, Bowman, and Leach in exchange for a 75-year prison sentence; but Bundy nixed the deal at the last minute. "It made him realize he was going to have to stand up in front of the whole world and say he was guilty," Minerva said. "He just couldn't do it."

Crucial incriminating evidence included the testimony of Chi Omega member Nita Neary, who saw Bundy leaving the sorority house as she returned after a late date; and the bite impressions Bundy left in Levy's left buttock, which a forensics expert was able to match to castings made of Bundy's teeth. See Featured Post Image.

The jury deliberated less than seven hours before convicting him on all counts in July, 1979. He received a death sentence for each of the two homicides, and life in prison for assault and battery of the surviving Tallahassee victims.

Six months later a second trial took place in Orlando for the Kimberly Leach murder. Again he was found guilty after minimal deliberation, principally due to fibers found in the stolen FSU van and on Leach's body that matched a jacket Bundy was wearing when arrested, and an eyewitness who saw him leading Leach away from the school. For a third time, he was sentenced to electrocution.

During the penalty phase of the Orlando trial, Bundy took advantage of an obscure Florida law which held that a marriage "declaration" in court, in the presence of a judge, constituted a legal marriage. As he questioned former Washington State DES coworker Carole Ann Boone, who had moved to Florida to be near Bundy, had testified in his defense during both trials, and was again testifying on his behalf as a character witness, he asked her to marry him.

She accepted, and Bundy declared to the court that they were legally married. WHATTTTTT?!

In October 1982, Boone gave birth to a daughter. While conjugal visits were not officially permitted at Raiford Prison, prisoners were known to pool their money to bribe guards to allow them intimate time alone with their female visitors. Ann Rule and others believe that Bundy was the father of Boone's child, who appears to resemble him in the one known publicly-available photograph of the three together.

Boone filed for divorce and left Florida with her daughter in 1986, but returned regularly to visit Bundy and offer moral support. A few days before his execution, however, as he confessed to murder after murder and the enormity of her ex-husband's crimes became clear, she departed for the last time, reportedly in tears. The current whereabouts of Boone and her daughter are not a matter of public record.

Last post on Ted Bundy in the next post...
    Last edited by Just4Misc; 04-22-2011 at 07:18 PM.

mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100) mistadingus is not very well liked. (-100)
    i love this thread
    **New Jersey Crew (732)**

Originally Posted by systemdownz View Post
    amount of hard work in the thread is admirable OP
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by R_V_P View Post
    ugh....the Albert Fish one made me feel physically ill. sick, sick f**k.
    I know.. me too..

Originally Posted by daddyraph View Post
    in for more ted bundy
    Updated above brah

Originally Posted by R_V_P View Post
    Do Ian Brady/ Myra Hindley
    Added to the list, check back later.

Originally Posted by maynardjames View Post
    Can somebody make one for George Bush and Ronald Reagan plz.....Would rep[/size]
    I won't be able to bro lol, but maybe someone else here will for you.

Originally Posted by mistadingus View Post
    i love this thread
    I'm glad.

I've learned a lot, and I only hope others are as well.

relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) relentless626 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In for later

Theodore Bundy Continued - Execution and Confessions

YOU MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO
    Ted Bundy shares his opinion on the "secret" of serial killers.

Shortly after resolution of the Leach trial and the beginning of the long appeals process which followed, Bundy learned that criminal justice writer Stephen G. Michaud and reporter Hugh Aynesworth were assembling material for a book about him.Sensing an opportunity to influence the book's content, and possibly generate public sentiment in favor of commuting his multiple death sentences, he invited Michaud and Aynesworth to look into what he termed "suppressed evidence", and consented to a series of interviews that, he promised, would demonstrate his innocence.

As it turned out, he had nothing to offer in his own defense — "not a shred of exculpatory detail" — but as the interviews progressed, Bundy — speaking mostly in third person to avoid "the stigma of confession" — began for the first time to divulge details of his crimes and thought processes.

He recounted his career as a thief, confirming Kloepfer's long-time suspicion that he had shoplifted virtually everything of substance that he owned:

"I'd drink a few beers...really pumped up, intoxicated...walk into a store, [sometimes] right up to a display window, and walk out with what I wanted...Who's going to question you if you just walk right in, like you belong there?" he said."I'd only take what I needed," he added. "Not that that makes any difference."

"The big payoff for me," he said, "was actually possessing whatever it was I had stolen. I really enjoyed having something...that I had wanted and gone out and taken."Bundy's primary motive for thievery — possession — echoed eerily when he later discussed his motives for murder.

He began abducting women when consensual sex no longer satisfied him; sexual assault, he said, fulfilled his need to "totally possess" his victims. At first, he killed the women "as a matter of expediency...to eliminate the possibility of [being] caught." Later, however, murder became part of the "adventure."" The ultimate possession was, in fact, the taking of the life," he said."And then...the physical possession of the remains."
    1. In July 1984, Raiford guards found two hacksaw blades hidden in Bundy's cell — and a loosened steel bar in one of its windows. Several months later his cell was changed again after guards found a mirror.(Mirrors are used for "all manner of activities" in prison.)
    2. He revisited Taylor Mountain, Issaquah, and other secondary crime scenes, in some cases several times, to lie with his victims and have sex with their decomposing bodies until putrefaction forced him to stop.
    3. In Utah he applied makeup to Melissa Smith's lifeless face, and he repeatedly washed Laura Aime's hair."If you've got time," he told Hagmaier, "they can be anything you want them to be."
    4. He described in detail his abduction of Georgeann Hawkins from the brightly-lit UW alley; how he lured her to his car with the crutches ruse, clubbed and handcuffed her, drove her to Issaquah, raped and strangled her, then spent the entire night with her body, and revisited her corpse on three later occasions.

To detectives from Idaho, Utah, and Colorado, he confessed to numerous additional murders — including several more that police had been unaware of — but withheld many details, hoping to parlay the incomplete information into a stay of execution, or possibly commutation to life imprisonment.

Hagmaier was present during Bundy's final interviews with investigators.On the eve of his execution, he talked of suicide."He did not want to give the state the satisfaction of watching him die," Hagmaier said.

Ted Bundy died in the Raiford electric chair at 7:16 a.m., Eastern time, on January 24, 1989.His remains were cremated, and the ashes scattered at an unknown location in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State.

Pathology

The psychiatric abnormalities underlying serial murder have been the subject of intense debate in the medical community for many years. Scientific opinion continues to evolve as new discoveries are made in mental health and the mechanics of mental function.

Bundy underwent multiple psychiatric examinations, and his diagnosis changed frequently:

Dorothy Otnow Lewis, Professor of Psychiatry at New York University Medical Center and an authority on violent behavior, conducted four interviews with Bundy over a total of seven hours in 1987, and initially made a diagnosis of bipolar (manic/depressive} disorder (most crimes, she thought, occurred during depressive episodes).

She later changed her impression more than once, eventually settling on Multiple Personality Disorders. Other psychiatrists and psychologists experienced similar difficulty in pinpointing a specific diagnosis. Some, such as Dr. Louis Jolyon West, director of the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and an expert on abused children, felt that negative childhood experiences were a crucial factor. "Somewhere in that man's boyhood," said West, "a woman beat him with a stick."

Diagnosis
    1. Currently, mental health professionals consider it a mistake to label Bundy as psychotic, which implies an inability to distinguish right from wrong.
    2. "He undoubtedly had multiple personality disorders," Rule wrote, "probably narcissistic, borderline, and sociopathic... One who suffers from personality disorders knows right from wrong, but it doesn't matter because he is special and he deserves to have and do what he wants... He chose a hideous path as he sought power and control."
    3. Rule later said that she thought at some point Bundy would confess because he must have felt guilty."But he never felt guilty," she said."He had no capacity for guilt. Only survival."
    4. Bundy himself said as much in a 1980 interview: "So what's one less?" he said."What's one less person on the face of the planet?"

"My experience with pornography generally, but with pornography that deals on a violent level with sexuality, is once you become addicted to it — and I look at this as a kind of addiction like other kinds of addiction — I would keep looking for more potent, more explicit, more graphic kinds of material. Until you reach a point where the pornography only goes so far, you reach that jumping off point where you begin to wonder if maybe actually doing it would give that which is beyond just reading it or looking at it." Violence in the media, he said, "particularly sexualized violence," sent boys "down the road to being Ted Bundys.""You are going to kill me," he said, "and that will protect society from me. But out there are many, many more people who are addicted to pornography, and you are doing nothing about that."

In retrospect, it is generally agreed that Bundy's sudden, late insistence upon pornography as an essential factor in his crimes was but another attempt at manipulation; a vain hope of forestalling his execution by catering to Dobson's agenda as a longtime anti-pornography advocate, telling him precisely what he wanted to hear.

Bundy had assured Michaud and Aynsworth in 1980, and Hagmaier just the previous night, that pornography played a negligible role in his development as a serial killer. While he eventually confessed to 30 murders, he never accepted responsibility for any of them, even when, in Miami, he could have averted the death penalty by doing so. At various times he laid blame on a wide variety of scapegoats, including the concealment of his true parentage, his abusive grandfather, the absence of his biological father, alcohol, the media, violence on television, and ultimately, pornography.

On at least one occasion he even tried to blame his victims: In a letter written to Koepfler from the Glenwood Springs jail, Bundy wrote, "I have known people who...radiate vulnerability. Their facial expressions say 'I am afraid of you.' These people invite abuse... By expecting to be hurt, do they subtly encourage it?"

See Also:

Three TV movies and two feature films have been produced about Bundy and his crimes.
    1. The Deliberate Stranger, a two-part TV movie, aired on NBC in 1986 and starred Mark Harmon as Bundy.
    2. Ted Bundy, released in 2002, was directed by Matthew Bright. Michael Reilly Burke starred as Bundy.
    3. The Stranger Beside Me, based on Ann Rule's book, aired on the USA Network in 2003, and starred Billy Campbell as Bundy and Barbara Hershey as Ann Rule.
    4. In 2004, the A&E Network produced an adaptation of Robert Keppel's book The Riverman, which starred Cary Elwes as Bundy and Bruce Greenwood as Keppel.
    5. In 2008, Feifer Worldwide DVD release Bundy: A Legacy of Evil, starring Corin Nemec as Ted Bundy

Bumping end of Ted Bundy.

Then I'm taking a break from typical Serial Killers for a while...
    brb scared
    brb never having a daughter

Not sure yet what's up next...

godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Just4Misc View Post
    Bumping end of Ted Bundy.

Then I'm taking a break from typical Serial Killers for a while...
    brb scared
    brb never having a daughter

Not sure yet what's up next...
    bah go to bed, srsly, this is getting crazy...
    RIP mainsqueeze530
    "Rustle your opponents jimmies from afar." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Mods - I don't have multiple accounts, asked for old accounts be banned, never had two open at one time.
    Misc - you don't have to rep me back lol, in return no rep begging pls tx

Originally Posted by godsangina2 View Post
    bah go to bed, srsly, this is getting crazy...
    I've tried 3 times so far tonight, it's just not happening..
    It's like I forgot how to sleep or something

oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in before you have a fight-club-sleep-disorder/multiple-personality situation except your other personality is a serial killer from posting about them so much

Originally Posted by oxs22 View Post
    in before you have a fight-club-sleep-disorder/multiple-personality situation except your other personality is a serial killer from posting about them so much
    Hahah dude I thought about how much it would suck if I started getting sleep paralysis from this. I heard that being sleep deprived induces it... fukkkk!!

multiple personality could be fun, just without the serial killer part.. maybe I should start posting about rich, aesthetic, legends instead.

godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000) godsangina2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    do you feel tired? I mean staying on the computer can't be helping brah.

btw I just looked it up and Charles Manson is 5'2'' lol
    RIP mainsqueeze530
    "Rustle your opponents jimmies from afar." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Mods - I don't have multiple accounts, asked for old accounts be banned, never had two open at one time.
    Misc - you don't have to rep me back lol, in return no rep begging pls tx

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In on epic thread
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

Originally Posted by godsangina2 View Post
    do you feel tired? I mean staying on the computer can't be helping brah.

btw I just looked it up and Charles Manson is 5'2'' lol
    Woww good find, no wonder why he was such an angry guy.

I feel tired now because I just took a few advil PMs lol.
    I didn't want to originally though because I know there's an underlying problem and just covering it w/ sleep aids isn't going to get rid of it.. but sleep in necessary of course.

sleep attempt #4 coming up.

STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STATomire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    read that albert fish one and now refuse to read any other ones, those poor kids.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just read up a little on Pol Pot, man that guy was sick.
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

SHIRO ISHII

Kill tally: At least 3,000 killed in experiments at the Unit 731 biological weapons facility. Approximately 200,000 killed in field tests of biological weapons. Between 20,000 to 30,000 Chinese killed when plague-infected rats are released from Unit 731 at the end of the Second World War.

Background: The final collapse of the Chinese Imperial Government at the start of the 20th Century brings a 30-year period of instability to China during which the nationalist Guomindang (Nationalist Party), headed by Chiang Kai-shek, battle the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), headed by Mao Tse-Tung, for ultimate control.

Across the East China Sea, Japan becomes progressively more nationalistic and militaristic, seeing in China an opportunity to expand on territory occupied in Manchuria (now Dongbei Pingyuan, north of Korea) and Shandong Province (across the Yellow Sea from Korea) after the Russo-Japanese War (1904-05) and during the First World War.

The Japanese military is steeped in the tradition of unquestioning loyalty to the emperor. Commands from superior officers are regarded as equivalent to commands from the emperor himself. Military leaders have direct access to the emperor and the authority to transmit his pronouncements directly to the troops. The emperor is considered divine and the seat of ultimate power. More background.

Mini biography: Born on 25 June 1892 at Chiyoda in Chiba Prefecture east of Tokyo.

He studies medicine at Kyoto Imperial University.

1914 - The First World War begins in August. The war will witness the use of chemical weapons like chlorine gas, phosgene and mustard gas for the first time on the battlefield.

1918 - At the end of the First World War the Japanese Army sets up a unit to study techniques for biological warfare.

1920 - Ishii completes his medical degree and joins the Army Medical Corps. He is assigned to the 1st Army Hospital and Army Medical College in Tokyo.

1924 - Ishii returns to the Kyoto Imperial University for post-graduate studies. During this time he marries the daughter of the university's president.

1925 - As a response to the use of chemical weapons during the First World War, world powers create the Geneva Protocol banning the use of "asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases, and of bacteriological methods of warfare." However, the protocol does not prevent countries from researching, developing and producing these weapons.

Japan does not ratify the protocol, and will not until May 1970.

1927 - Ishii is awarded a PhD. He rejoins the army.

Meanwhile, Japanese troops are sent to China to obstruct attempts by the Guomindang to unify the country. In June 1928 officers in the Kwantung (Guandong) Army, the Japanese Army unit stationed in Manchuria, begin an unauthorised campaign to precipitate a war with China. Both the Japanese high command and the Chinese refuse to take the bait.

1928 - Ishii is sent to Europe as a military attaché. For two years he tours Europe and the United States gathering information about the biological weapons research being conducted there.

On his return to Japan he is appointed professor of immunology at the Tokyo Army Medical College and given the rank of major.

1930 - Ishii helps establish a centre for bacteriological research at the medical college. The centre, called the Army Epidemic Prevention Research Laboratory, conducts research into the use and neutralisation of biological and chemical weapons. There is some evidence that part of the research involves experiments on live human subjects.

1931 - In September conspirators in the Kwantung Army stage the 'Manchurian Incident', blowing up a section of track on the South Manchuria Railway then blaming Chinese saboteurs.

With the Japanese Government powerless to intervene, the Kwantung Army mobilises, taking nearby Mukden (now Shenyang) then, in January 1932, attacking Shanghai, south of their territory in Shandong Province.

A truce is called in March 1932. The Japanese then establish the puppet state of Manchukuo, centred on Manchuria and headed by the last Chinese emperor, Puyi.

MORE ON NEXT POST

brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brandont1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    SHIRO ISHII CONTINUED

1932 - The Japanese military effectively takes control of the Japanese Government in May when the prime minister is assassinated. Manchukuo is formally recognised by the military-controlled regime.

Ishii is promoted to lieutenant-colonel and placed in charge of the Epidemic Prevention Research Laboratory. He sets up an outpost of the laboratory at Harbin in northern Manchukuo. A second centre is then established at Beiyinhe, an isolated location 100 km south of Harbin.

Variously known as the Zhongma Fortress, the Kamo Unit, the Togo Unit, the Ishii Unit and the Epidemic Prevention Department of the Kwantung Army, the Beiyinhe facility is used to conduct secret research into biological weapons. It includes prisons for the housing of live human subjects.

Other Japanese biological weapons research units will be established throughout China and Asia, including the Wakamatsu Unit in Xingjing (also known as the Department of Veterinary Disease Prevention of the Kwantung Army and later designated Unit 100), Unit 1855 in Beijing, Unit 8604 in Canton /Guangzhou, Unit Ei-1644 in Nanking, Unit 2646 at Hailar in Inner Mongolia, a unit in Shanghai, Unit 9420 in Singapore and Unit 516 in Jilin Province in Manchukuo.

Experiments on living human subjects are conducted at most if not all of these facilities.

1936 - Following a military insurrection by Japanese troops in February, the emperor appoints a new government that is acceptable to the rebels. The government agrees to increase defence spending and boost naval construction. Japan is arming for war.

In November Japan and Germany sign the 'Anti-Comintern Pact', an agreement to fight the spread of communism. Italy joins a year later.

1937 - The Second Sino-Japanese War breaks out on 7 July following a skirmish between Chinese and Japanese troops outside Beijing. Chinese forces evacuate Beijing on 28 July.

The Japanese overrun Tianjin (100 km southeast of Beijing) on 30 July then attack Shanghai on 13 August.

The Japanese arsenal includes poison gas. Over the coming years the Japanese will use poison gas against the Chinese more than 1,000 times.

After a three-month siege, Shanghai falls and the Guomindang forces withdraw to the northwest towards their capital Nanking (now known as Nanjing). The Japanese pursue.

The ground assault on Nanking begins on 10 December after the Chinese troops assigned to defend the city refuse to withdraw. When Nanking finally falls on 13 December, just hours after the Chinese forces have fled, the Japanese begin a bloodthirsty massacre that will last for six weeks.

The 'Rape of Nanking' results in the indiscriminate murder of between 200,000-350,000 Chinese civilians and surrendered soldiers. It is the worst single massacre of unarmed troops and civilians in the history of the 20th Century.

The atrocities set an example that leaves the Chinese population terrorised and passive to further Japanese advances.

1938 - In June, Ishii's research unit is relocated to a six square kilometre compound at Ping Fan, 25 km southeast of Harbin. Ping Fan contains over 150 buildings, including two prisons and three crematoriums. It is largest biological weapons research facility in the world. Its task is to develop and test biological and chemical weapons for use in both the Sino-Japanese War and the approaching Second World War.

To reduce suspicions and minimise surveillance, the facility is disguised as a large timber mill. The inmates subsequently come to be referred to as "maruta" ("logs").

Ishii is promoted to a full colonel. He will eventually command a staff of 3,000, including many highly-skilled medical doctors and researchers. A further 17,000 personnel from surrounding research centres will also work on his projects.

1939 - The Japanese attempt to invade Mongolia in May but are badly defeated by combined Soviet-Mongolian forces.

Meanwhile, in Europe, German troops invade Poland on 1 September. Britain and France declare war on Germany two days later. The Second World War has begun.

1940 - Japan takes possession of northern Indochina (Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam) in September .

A few days later Japan joins the Axis alliance with Germany and Italy, signing the 'Tripartite Pact', an agreement to carve up the world following victory in the Second World War.

The US responds by placing a ban on the export of steel, scrap metal and aviation fuel to Japan.

On 1 August, Ishii's Ping Fan research unit is renamed the Epidemic Prevention and Water Purification Department of the Kwantung Army, or Manchukuo Unit 731 for short.

At the unit's official opening the now Lieutenant-general Ishii states that although a doctor's mission is to cure the sick, the work on which he and his staff "are now about to embark is the complete opposite of these principles."

Over the next five years Unit 731 will become a gruesome laboratory for the testing of pathogens like plague, cholera, epidemic haemorrhagic fever, anthrax, typhoid, tuberculosis, syphilis, salmonella, tetanus, gas gangrene, smallpox, botulism, meningitis and yellow fever.

Prisoners of war and civilians from China, Korea, Mongolia and the former Soviet Union will be subjected to the experiments. Prisoners of war from the US, Britain, Australia and New Zealand will also be used.

The prisoners are either injected with the pathogens or forced to eat infected food or breathe contaminated air. They are then either left to die from the contagion or killed prematurely so that the course of the disease can be observed by autopsy. Some "autopsies" are conducted on still-living and fully conscious prisoners.

Unit 731 supplies the Japanese Army with typhoid, cholera, plague and dysentery bacteria for testing in the field. Water supplies are contaminated, disease-carrying fleas and vermin are released into the Chinese countryside, and infected food supplies and clothing are dropped from aeroplanes.

The activities at Unit 731 are not restricted to bacteriological experiments. Toxic chemicals like phosgene gas and potassium cyanide are also tested. Some prisoners are nearly frozen to death in experiments designed to investigate treatments for frostbite. Others are subjected to electric shocks in order to determine the body's ability to survive electrocution. Some have limbs or organs removed to study the effects. Some are used as human targets in tests to gauge the effectiveness of various conventional weapons.

At least 200,000 die as a result of the activities at Unit 731, including at least 3,000 people killed in the experiments and at least 200,000 Chinese civilians killed in the field tests.

1941 - Japan and the Soviet Union sign the 'Japanese-Soviet Neutrality Pact' in April, removing the threat to Japan of invasion by the Soviets and allowing the Japanese military to concentrate its war efforts on the southward drive into China and Southeast Asia.

When Japan occupies southern Indochina on 23 July the US and Britain freeze Japanese assets, an action that has the potential to cripple the Japanese armed forces. On 1 December the Japanese decide to broaden the war to the Pacific.

The Japanese air force bombs the US naval base at Pearl Harbour in Hawaii on 7 December. The US and Britain respond by declaring war on Japan.

The Japanese follow-up the bombing of Pearl Harbour with swift invasions of Southeast Asian countries and Pacific islands. By May 1942 they control Hong Kong, Kiribati, Guam and Wake Island, Burma, Malaya, Singapore, Borneo, Indonesia, the Philippines and the north of New Guinea.

1942 - The first setback for the Japanese comes on 7-8 May at the Battle of the Coral Sea. On 4-5 June the Japanese fleet is forced to withdraw at the Battle of Midway or risk destruction. By February 1943 the Japanese have been driven out of Guadalcanal at the southern end of the Solomon Islands.

1944 - The Battle of the Philippine Sea on 19-20 June confirms US naval superiority in the Pacific and seals Japan's fate. The capture of Saipan in July puts the Japanese mainland within range of American B-29 bombers.

1945 - Beginning in February extensive firebombing raids will be conducted over Japan, concentrating on the capital Tokyo and the cities of Nagoya, Osaka and Kobe. The raids result in the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians. The most devastating raid occurs over Tokyo on the night of 9-10 March. About 100,000 people are killed, around one million are left homeless and almost half the city is burnt to the ground.

In June the Japanese determine to fight to the finish. Their plan for a last-stand battle against an US-led invasion is called 'Ketsu Go' (Operation Decisive). Japanese troops are massed in the south of Kyushu Island, where the invasion forces are expected to land.

The Japanese also plan to attack the US West Coast with biological weapons carried in balloons bombs and kamikaze (suicide) planes. However, the plans are never implemented.

Japanese preparations for an all-out fight continue until the US drops atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki on 6 and 9 August respectively, killing about 120,000 people outright and fatally injuring over 100,000 more.

Japanese Emperor Hirohito surrenders unconditionally on 15 August, ending both the Second World War and the Second Sino-Japanese War.

Japan is occupied by Allied military forces. The Japanese Army and navy ministries are abolished, arms and military equipment are destroyed and war industries are retooled for civilian output. Japan pledges never go to war again and surrenders its colonial holdings, including China.

About 15 million people have been killed in the Asia and Pacific regions during the Second World War, including over 11 million Chinese and nearly two million Japanese. The Second Sino-Japanese War has claimed at least 20 million Chinese.

Following the defeat of the Japanese, civil war between the Guomindang and CCP resumes in China. Mao's communists take Beijing without a fight in January 1949 and control the entire country by the end of the year. Chiang Kai-shek and his troops flee to the island of Taiwan and proclaim Taipei as the temporary capital of.

more on next post.