Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    LOL somebody's getting defensive aren't they? Perhaps you should re-read what I said, "Somebody LIKE BodyHard" as in a big guy, but hey I expect 'the other side' to nitpick so it's all good.

But yeah, didn't see you calling for BH to be banned stating that my children should be shot and killed. I guess that's OK with you?

Physical violence of ANY kind is NEVER okay with me. Ever.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    this thread really needs to stay here and NOT be deleted
    Why would it get deleted?

Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    You should read more carefully. Right to bear arms was necessary at the time when the government could not protect its own people. I feel that the times have changed and we do not need to bear assault weapons to protect us from the government.
    I read your post just fine, you should think more carefully. The second amendment was NOT constructed because the government couldn't protect its people. It was constructed for the benefit of the people against a tyrannical and oppressive government like the one we had fought to be free from.

"Times have changed and now we don't need assault weapons to protect us from the government", what facts makes you believe this statement? I would contend, if anything, the governments power has grown, and with it the power of its citizens should to grow. I am not advocating all of the citizens be allowed to freely purchase fully automatic weapons, but banning the public from them is not the right move either.

Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO BREATH...................... PLEASE

No matter how valid a point is, the minute you start dispensing hatefulness it makes you look wrong and stupid.

TRUST ME I know this, I have been guilty of this in the past

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    I still think it is a inappropriate comment. I think people can understand the physical difference between a man and woman without that.

I think someone like you should be more careful on how you word things
    haha, I see what you did there.

I'll just leave this here:
    Originally Posted by bodyhard
    F'ck the second amendment/right to bear arms, the people who wrote it (and the ones who protect/believe in it) are f'cking dumb retarded motherf'ckers that should have THEIR children killed with an automatic weapon, maybe see first hand what that kind of gun does to the head of a child.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Trinity1216 View Post
    I THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO BREATH...................... PLEASE

No matter how valid a point is, the minute you start dispensing hatefulness it makes you look wrong and stupid.

TRUST ME I know this, I have been guilty of this in the past
    I am fixing to go breathe. I am taking my .40 and 9mm out to the farm and do some target shooting. Later on this evening, I may go deer hunting. Should I take my 30-06, .308 , or my trusty old 22-250? Decisions.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    I am fixing to go breathe. I am taking my .40 and 9mm out to the farm and do some target shooting. Later on this evening, I may go deer hunting. Should I take my 30-06, .308 , or my trusty old 22-250? Decisions.
    I would go with a .300 win mag myself

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Thanks for posting. Believe us, most of us here are parents. We are hurting and screaming as well. Amidst all the ball-busting, we are also trying to understand, and we also want to keep our children safe and eliminate crime.

Everybody is quick to point out the flaws of the Constitution. Everybody blames guns. But nobody ever talks about our ever-changing culture. MTV, video games, gangsta rap, teaching morals and codes of ethics..
    Do you have any boys? Do they play violent games? If they do, trash ‘em once and for all. They will desensitize your children and they will be conditioned to grow up with no compassion. Violent games and listening to bad music (and I don’t just mean ‘bad’ like Justin Bieber music) affect one’s behavior.

The seconds Amendment is more relevant now than ever.

You mentioned slavery. Did you know, for example, that after the civil war and during the height of the KKK reign of terror, freed Black slaves were terrified for their lives? Did you know that the second Amendment saved many Blacks? It was the Union officers that provided these citizens with arms to protect themselves from KKK. This is just one of many, many examples throughout history that show that guns are just tools. And just like any other tools, tools in the hands of the good guys will do great things. And tools in the hands of evil will do bad things.

Look at Rwanda. Tse-tse versus the Hutus. How many innocent lives were HACKED (as in machete hack, and NOT shot) to death? Hundreds of thousands. 250,000 innocent lives.. Evil cannot be locked up or banned.
    And how do we combat evil? We can start by giving more love and compassion to the world. Love begets love. We can also prepare for the worst by facing reality and NOT hide under a rock and pretend everything is good just because there is a sign that says ‘Gun Free Zone’. We can prepare by training ourselves to physically combat evil if required, even if it means using a gun to take the lives of the bad guys to save the good guys.
    You know, I completely agree with you in regards to violence on TV and violent games. 100% agree. However, that is something that I can control, as every parent can and should be able to control what their children are exposed to. Many in this thread mention society – as if it is some kind of foreign entity that sits somewhere up high and makes all of the decisions for us. Society starts inside each and every one of us, radiates to our children and then to their children and so on. I can only speak for myself here – my children get limited TV time, they don’t play video games and computer is for school work only. I try, you know, to bring up something beautiful in them. We go to museums, theaters, hiking, walks, exploring. I believe in “Beauty will save the world” ©, not guns will save the world. However, I cannot control how many assault weapons Bob or Nancy has and that scares me. I have 3 little girls and the thought of losing them, God, I cannot imagine my life without them and I pray for the parents in Connecticut.

Yes, Evil cannot be banned, but guns can and (IMXO) should. Some countries had success with limited gun ownership.

I don’t think Rwanda is a fair comparison here, as the political, economical and cultural base is completely different there.

I am not advocating to take every single gun out of equation. How many guns do we really need?

Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would go with your trusty 22-250

And I better get a care package sent to me with venison steak please

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have one, but it is too much gun for the size of deer we have down here.

I would go with your trusty 22-250

And I better get a care package sent to me with venison steak please
    Done

don't even get me started again on you son of a b*tch's that shoot poor innocent deer !!!!
    Sh!t OC, we have bad problem with them . They are overpopulated here. I never shoot the younguns, just the mature ones. Nobody loves and respects wildlife more than me.

DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    22-250... Nice flat flying round...

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    edit: thread moved so fast, this post was totally pointless, lol.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    it is too much gun for the size of deer we have down here.

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    this thread really needs to stay here and NOT be deleted
    I actually agree with you for once.
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    I am not advocating to take every single gun out of equation. How many guns do we really need?

Even though I respect your decision not to own a gun or several, the direction our country and society in general has rbeen going the past 10 years it would be a very prudent idea to be able to defend your property and family.

We have gone from one of the wealthiest countries in the world, to one of the poorest.

We have become targets of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.

We have had the scare of biological warfare in the form of Anthrax being put randomly in the mail.

Our mortgage industry collapsed causing the highest foreclosure in homes.

Militia groups are becoming more prevalent.

People are losing their jobs and it's becoming more difficult to find employment.

All these things individually would not effect most Americans. But combine 2 or 3 of these things together, and it will make the most civilized individual snap.

To put it bluntly when chit hit's the fan I rather be armed and prepared than unarmed and killed.

We are not living in the America of our parents anymore, this is not the Country paved in gold as most immigrants used to believe. Desperate people will do desperate things unfortunately

Originally Posted by DeTazMan View Post
    22-250... Nice flat flying round...
    My fororite round. You can sight one in at 50 yds. and it it is still dead on at 200 yds.

My fororite round. You can sight one in at 50 yds. and it it is still dead on at 200 yds.

I draw the line at shooting Rudolph, he has to guide Santa's sleigh next week. So please refrain from killing rudy

DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will just leave this here

I draw the line at shooting Rudolph, he has to guide Santa's sleigh next week. So please refrain from killing rudy
    Yummmmm Reindeer steaks... Mouth drooling... Having cheesy broccoli rice with Antelope Chorizo for lunch today

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    22-250, blow up the head (unless it's a buck) to preserve the meat.

I have one, but it is too much gun for the size of deer we have down here.
    I have a 300 Weatherby Mag that my dad bought me when I was 16. In 20 years I've shot it 7 times after initial sighting in at the range on day 1. I only take it when I'm either trying to kill 2 hogs with one shot, or on a true "trophy" hunt.

don't even get me started again on you son of a b*tch's that shoot poor innocent deer !!!!
    LOL

Sh!t OC, we have bad problem with them . They are overpopulated here. I never shoot the younguns, just the mature ones. Nobody loves and respects wildlife more than me.
    Youngens taste better.

I don't shoot reindeer. The only deer we have in South Texas are whitetails.

22-250, blow up the head (unless it's a buck) to preserve the meat.

I have a 300 Weatherby Mag that my dad bought me when I was 16. In 20 years I've shot it 7 times after initial sighting in at the range on day 1. I only take it when I'm either trying to kill 2 hogs with one shot, or on a true "trophy" hunt.

LOL

Youngens taste better.
    I only use my 300 Win. Mag for elk hunting. As for headshots, I prefer shooting them in the neck.

I only use my 300 Win. Mag for elk hunting. As for headshots, I prefer shooting them in the neck.
    I was just kidding, vitals/boiler room shots only for me no matter the caliber. I've seen some real messes with head/neck shots.
    One of these days I'll make it out to Colorado for an Elk, or maybe New Mexico for Mule Deer but thus far I've been grounded to Texas. Some day...

bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just read thru this thread a bit and all I can say is wow. The level of venom and hatred utter distain and anger is big even for me.

I see people who call other people thier friends attacking them and questioning thier character because they disagree on gun control issues. Lot of respect and friendship there!

Trinity the problem is so much emotion as it is extremism. I'm all about less government intrusions into someone's home and personal life and actually belive people should have the right to own guns. I would however love for someone to explaine the need for an ak47 for personal use or any other pretty much fully automatic rifles.

As to the I want to be able to protect myself argument, a fully loaded 9mm or 45 won't stop an intruder or a shot gun for that matter? I just don't see the need for fire power, hell I don't feel safe anyone have any tactical nukes or Patriot missiles I can pick up cheap for home defense? Where does the line come?

Btw fck you all for making me be rational one
    Excuses are like A-holes everyone's got 1...............

Does anyone use a bow to hunt?

I finally tried one a few months ago, I had a blast. I would like to get one someday in the future.

Hunting with a bow IMO that takes srs skill.

I was just kidding, vitals/boiler room shots only for me no matter the caliber. I've seen some real messes with head/neck shots.
    One of these days I'll make it out to Colorado for an Elk, or maybe New Mexico for Mule Deer but thus far I've been grounded to Texas. Some day...
    HS and So-Tex... You ever decide to come to CO for some Backstrap Fever. Let me know, I'll show you some places...

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Even though I respect your decision not to own a gun or several, the direction our country and society in general has rbeen going the past 10 years it would be a very prudent idea to be able to defend your property and family.

We have gone from one of the wealthiest countries in the world, to one of the poorest.

We have become targets of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.

We have had the scare of biological warfare in the form of Anthrax being put randomly in the mail.

Our mortgage industry collapsed causing the highest foreclosure in homes.

Militia groups are becoming more prevalent.

People are losing their jobs and it's becoming more difficult to find employment.

All these things individually would not effect most Americans. But combine 2 or 3 of these things together, and it will make the most civilized individual snap.

To put it bluntly when chit hit's the fan I rather be armed and prepared than unarmed and killed.

We are not living in the America of our parents anymore, this is not the Country paved in gold as most immigrants used to believe. Desperate people will do desperate things unfortunately
    I agree that this is a different country and your comment about terrorists made me think about Patriot Act, which was enabled during Bush administration in response to 9/11. This act clearly contradicts the contents of several amendments in the Constitution (right to be secure in your own home, unreasonable searches, right to speedy trial, etc). Per Patriot Act government may search and seize your belongings without probable cause if it is a terror investigation, for example. The world has changed and we have adopted the Constitution to reflect that change.

I understand that you want to feel safe and be prepared. Would a hand gun do it? IMXO - assault weapon is too much

Does anyone use a bow to hunt?

I finally tried one a few months ago, I had a blast. I would like to get one someday in the future.

Hunting with a bow IMO that takes srs skill.
    Trinity, My 16 yr old wants to try.. Will get my bows tuned and take him out shooting and then we will go... Only thing I will tell him is we need to be consistently hitting a $1 bill from 50 yds