Page 106 of 125 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3735
    gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Almost two months in and I'm definitely seeing results. I'm still on a cut so I'm not expecting any crazy muscle gains, yet I feel like maybe I am seeing slight muscle gains. It's hard to say. My BF% has dropped from 15.1% to 12.5% over about the last month, so I don't know if I'm just seeing the muscles better for that reason or if they really have grown a little bit. Maybe a little bit of both?

My only issue so far is I did hurt my calf about three weeks ago. I think it was an overuse injury. When I started my deload week it started hurting like the first or second day. I had been doing 50 or so reps on calf raises 4-5 times per week during the cycle. At first it was minor, but I was playing with my little girl and jumping up and down when it felt like someone jammed a knife in my leg and I immediately started limping for a few days and there was some swelling. I immediately stopped training calves and have been watching it carefully. At this point it doesn't really bother me anymore but I can still feel it a little bit if I turn my foot just the right way. No limping, no swelling at this point. I was going to give it at least one more week and then ease back into training calves. See how it goes.

I have visible back muscles now. I've literally never experienced that before. When I flex it looks pretty good (in my opinion). Of course, the flex is more impressive if I just finished D2

That's my two cents for now.

mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Could someone explain how to implement rest pause sets into this? I've been doing straight sets with about 1-2 minutes rest in between ex. 12-10-10-8 for 40 total reps. If I were to start using rest pause sets would I complete that initial set of 12, and then immediately go into 15-30 second rest periods, doing as many sets as it takes to hit my total rep target? Do you do this for every exercise in the workout?

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mzakflip40 View Post
    Could someone explain how to implement rest pause sets into this? I've been doing straight sets with about 1-2 minutes rest in between ex. 12-10-10-8 for 40 total reps. If I were to start using rest pause sets would I complete that initial set of 12, and then immediately go into 15-30 second rest periods, doing as many sets as it takes to hit my total rep target? Do you do this for every exercise in the workout?

the bolded is a very good example on how straight sets should look when you are AMRAPing a true 12RM in order to complete 40 reps.

With rest pause you do it like this ---> You start the same as if you are going to do straight sets ---> You take your true 12RM , do 12 reps with it and then rest long enough (how much rest you need is individual, try with 30 seconds and adjust based on what happens) to be able to get 3 to 5 reps per set and do it for as many sets as you need to complete your rep goal for the exercise.

So an example of this would be something like this (note that perfect sequence of numbers does not always happen in the real world)

12 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 = 41 reps.
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by atgbrahsrs View Post
    the bolded is a very good example on how straight sets should look when you are AMRAPing a true 12RM in order to complete 40 reps.

With rest pause you do it like this ---> You start the same as if you are going to do straight sets ---> You take your true 12RM , do 12 reps with it and then rest long enough (how much rest you need is individual, try with 30 seconds and adjust based on what happens) to be able to get 3 to 5 reps per set and do it for as many sets as you need to complete your rep goal for the exercise.

So an example of this would be something like this (note that perfect sequence of numbers does not always happen in the real world)

12 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 = 41 reps.
    Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWesley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed

komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whats up yall I have done an older version of this routine last year and starting doing this one mid October. So Ive been on this routine 3 months so far. Im gaining weight on my bulk and gaining some fat as well and I wanted to know what you all think about my progress so far. Ive never taken bulking seriously until now and Im finally gaining weight. Im mainly doing this for aesthetics so I put down a few pics to see if Ive made any real gains so far

In the past 3 months I put on 10 lbs. I upped my bench by 15 lbs, squats by 45 lbs, and deads by 35 lbs
    I do the six day split and alternate squats and deads between every other leg day

PICS

mid-October

Now

Did I make any mass gains? Wanted to see what you all thought thanks
    Which parts can you see grew if any, or if I have any weak spots

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    chest and back got some size

but you lost your ab definition

time to recomp
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post
    chest and back got some size

but you lost your ab definition

time to recomp

damn I didnt realize my fat gain was that much lmao. yeah Ive been feeling chubby and it sucks but I dont want to end up spinning my wheels...
    How do I set up a good recomp? Or can I just do 3-4 month bulk, 1-2 month cut cycle on repeat to control the fat gain?

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by komapOB View Post
    Did I make any mass gains? Wanted to see what you all thought thanks
    Which parts can you see grew if any, or if I have any weak spots
    Are you a beginner?

Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    Are you a beginner?

I think so. Ive lifting on and off for a few years, nothing serious. Last year I bulked seriously for 5 months but didn't eat enough but my arms grew an entire inch.(stopped growing after that cause I was scared to eat more) This year Im bulking seriously again and for 3 months I already put another half inch on my arms. Im eating a lot because I smoke weed daily and the munchies have me binging out at least 3 days a week.

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hold your weight steady for a few months and lean out

that's a recomp
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

hold your weight steady for a few months and lean out

that's a recomp
    does it actually work? have you done it before

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think so. Ive lifting on and off for a few years, nothing serious. Last year I bulked seriously for 5 months but didn't eat enough but my arms grew an entire inch.(stopped growing after that cause I was scared to eat more) This year Im bulking seriously again and for 3 months I already put another half inch on my arms. Im eating a lot because I smoke weed daily and the munchies have me binging out at least 3 days a week.
    To be honest I would ignore what ThatOneLurker is saying (no disrespect, brother) and just continue on lifting and, actually, eating a bit more. You don't look that different in those pictures, and your lift numbers, while they have gone up, haven't gone up by that much. When I was a beginner and started working out, I went from back squatting 145lb to over 200lb in the first three months. Now, I realize the goal of this program isn't to lift as much as possible in the shortest amount of time, but those jumps strike me as only 'so-so'.

And as I said, the pictures don't look *that* different. Yes, you look a bit bigger, but that's about it. You may have lost some ab definition, but very, very slightly. And the slight decrease might be due to other factors than actual body fat %: maybe you had a higher salt intake the night before/drank more water compared to the first picture, had a meal, etc.

Honestly, I would just eat more and try to lift more, and then starting in March or so start worrying about recomp. But that's just how I would approach it. If you're afraid of adding 2-3% bodyfat while lifting heavier, then ignore my advice and go on your recomp. But for me, life (and more specifically, weightlifting, which I do so non-professionally) isn't worth acting and stressing out over such minuscule detail.

To be honest I would ignore what ThatOneLurker is saying (no disrespect, brother) and just continue on lifting and, actually, eating a bit more. You don't look that different in those pictures, and your lift numbers, while they have gone up, haven't gone up by that much. When I was a beginner and started working out, I went from back squatting 145lb to over 200lb in the first three months. Now, I realize the goal of this program isn't to lift as much as possible in the shortest amount of time, but those jumps strike me as only 'so-so'.

And as I said, the pictures don't look *that* different. Yes, you look a bit bigger, but that's about it. You may have lost some ab definition, but very, very slightly. And the slight decrease might be due to other factors than actual body fat %: maybe you had a higher salt intake the night before/drank more water compared to the first picture, had a meal, etc.

Honestly, I would just eat more and try to lift more, and then starting in March or so start worrying about recomp. But that's just how I would approach it. If you're afraid of adding 2-3% bodyfat while lifting heavier, then ignore my advice and go on your recomp. But for me, life (and more specifically, weightlifting, which I do so non-professionally) isn't worth acting and stressing out over such minuscule detail.
    Man.. I couldve sworn my arms chest and back grew. Damn I did this routine to the T and thought I made badass gains lmao but its whatever Ive been eating 2800 cals a day but in the past month Ive been binging at least 3 days a week

Does increasing to 3000 cals sound good for keeping the bulk clean but more effective? I wanted to minimize how long I need to cut to minimize muscle loss

DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Man.. I couldve sworn my arms chest and back grew. Damn I did this routine to the T and thought I made badass gains lmao but its whatever Ive been eating 2800 cals a day but in the past month Ive been binging at least 3 days a week

Does increasing to 3000 cals sound good for keeping the bulk clean but more effective? I wanted to minimize how long I need to cut to minimize muscle loss
    Boy, I haven't been active in this thread in quite some time.

Well you said you gained 10 lbs in 3 months. so 3.33~ a month. Thats a good rate to be at as a beginner, however, after a while progress begins to slow down and that 3 lbs a month isn't really worth it IMO.

I believe I did 3 lbs a month my first bulk that I did. IMO keep bulking, you're not fat by any means. If you begin to start seeing more fat gains versus muscle, taper off the calories slightly.. but I doubt thats going to happen soon. Plus, its winter time and christmas and new year's is around the corner. You could honestly stretch this bulk out to March-April.

Key tip: if weight on the scale is moving, but the weight on the bar isn't, you're screwing up.
    -MAN Sports Representative -
    Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion and in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

www.instagram.com/damonphysique

CLEAN PROTEIN is HERE on bodybuilding.com!

DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still on this routine btw, although slightly altered. Had a hectic semester, but pulled through and currently in contest shape and just trying maintain it through all these christmas celebrations
    -MAN Sports Representative -
    Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion and in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

www.instagram.com/damonphysique

CLEAN PROTEIN is HERE on bodybuilding.com!

I think you're doing fine. Honestly, there's more to life than worrying about whether you should be eating 2800 kcals or 3000. But, if you insist on worrying about the 200 calories, I'd say up it to 3000 and see. So long as you're controlling for most other factors (weights you lift, sleep and stress being the most important), you'll be able to tell what's better for you within weeks or a month.

But again, I think you're doing fine. Your weights are going up, and you've become a bit bigger, and at the same time you don't seem to have put on any fat (imo).

does it actually work? have you done it before
    It worked when my TDEE was very high

it's worked again recently when I did it through Intermittent Fasting.

It worked when my TDEE was very high

it's worked again recently when I did it through Intermittent Fasting.
    Yeah I think I actually had that happen last year, I leaned out while I made gains.

My goal is to be 8% bf by July so
    Im planning to bulk for 2 more months then recomp for 2 months, then cut 3 months.

Either that or ill bulk til March then cut til July (3 more months of bulk, 4 months for cut)

swissduck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello! I've been training consitently for about 2 years now but my progress has been pretty pitiful due to lots of program hopping. I could never stick to a program for longer than 3-4 weeks. But I still managed to somehow hit the intermediate level. Now I want to try this routine and stick with it for at least 6 months. I'm going to start a training journal on this site, hoping that it helps me stop with the program hopping.

I want to do this routine as an upper/lower split, using antagonist training for my upper day.

- Push exercise, first set
    - Rest 1-2 minutes
    - Pull exercise, first set
    - Rest 1-2 minutes
    - Push exercise, second set
    - Rest 1-2 minutes
    - Pull exercise, second set

... and so on, until I hit the rep goal for both exercises.

Upper (antagonist training)

A) Flat Bench and Chinups
    30 reps with 8-10 rep maxes

B) Dumbbell Incline and Chest Supported Rows
    40 reps with 10-12 rep maxes

C) Dumbbell Overhead Extension and Dumbbell Curl
    40 reps with 10-15 rep maxes

D) Lateral Raise
    50 reps with 12-15 rep max

Lower (no antagonist training, just plain sets with 2-3 minutes rest between sets)

Back Squat - 30 reps with 8-10 rep max
    Romanian Deadlift - 30 reps with 8-10 rep max
    Leg Press - 40 reps with 10-12 rep max
    Leg Curl - 30 reps with 10-12 rep max
    Seated Calves - 50 reps with 12-15 rep max
    Abs - 50 reps with 12-15 rep max

Training schedule: ABxABxx

Does this routine look good?

Current stats, if it matters:

170cm, 71.5kg, around 12-14% body fat

Squat: 107kg x 9 (high-bar position, below parallel)
    RDL: 100kg x 10
    Bench: 80kg x 9
    Chinups: BW+10kg x 9
    Last edited by swissduck; 12-27-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Originally Posted by swissduck View Post
    Hello! I've been training consitently for about 2 years now but my progress has been pretty pitiful due to lots of program hopping. I could never stick to a program for longer than 3-4 weeks. But I still managed to somehow hit the intermediate level. Now I want to try this routine and stick with it for at least 6 months. I'm going to start a training journal on this site, hoping that it helps me stop with the program hopping.

I want to do this routine as an upper/lower split, using antagonist training for my upper day.

- Push exercise, first set
    - Rest 1-2 minutes
    - Pull exercise, first set
    - Rest 1-2 minutes
    - Push exercise, second set
    - Rest 1-2 minutes
    - Pull exercise, second set

... and so on, until I hit the rep goal for both exercises.

Upper (antagonist training)

A) Flat Bench and Chinups
    30 reps with 8-10 rep maxes

B) Dumbbell Incline and Chest Supported Rows
    40 reps with 10-12 rep maxes

C) Dumbbell Overhead Extension and Dumbbell Curl
    40 reps with 10-15 rep maxes

D) Lateral Raise
    50 reps with 12-15 rep max

Lower (no antagonist training, just plain sets with 2-3 minutes rest between sets)

Back Squat - 30 reps with 8-10 rep max
    Romanian Deadlift - 30 reps with 8-10 rep max
    Leg Press - 40 reps with 10-12 rep max
    Leg Curl - 30 reps with 10-12 rep max
    Seated Calves - 50 reps with 12-15 rep max
    Abs - 50 reps with 12-15 rep max

Training schedule: ABxABxx

Does this routine look good?

Current stats, if it matters:

170cm, 71.5kg, around 12-14% body fat

Squat: 107kg x 9 (high-bar position, below parallel)
    RDL: 100kg x 10
    Bench: 80kg x 9
    Chinups: BW+10kg x 9
    how much time do you think it'll take you per session?

And I think I started on a similar routine to yours.

swissduck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shouldn't take much over an hour, if that. The push/pull antagonist training helps to save a lot of time, in my experience.

sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100)
    What do you guys think of my Pull day?

Lat Pulldown
    Seated Cable Row w/ V-Bar
    Iso Lateral Row (horizontal pull, high-ish grip, elbows a bit flared)
    Rear Delt Fly
    Upright Row (thinking about subbing this for face pulls)

Originally Posted by swissduck View Post
    Shouldn't take much over an hour, if that. The push/pull antagonist training helps to save a lot of time, in my experience.
    Yes, but then you're resting 1-2 mins between each sets, so I'm not sure how you're saving any time. I was resting no more than 45 seconds when I did the push one set, pull approach, and usually it was much less than that.

I'm willing to bet that your push/pull day will take more than 90 mins, assuming a proper warm-up (5-min jog, 5-min dynamic stretching). If you stretch at the end of your routines, which is what I've started doing and have fallen in love with it despite the added time, I'm willing to bet you'll be spending 2 hours in the gym.

But try and report back. I'm curious to know whether I do things slowly or whether it really takes up as much time as I think it does.

On a side note, with my separated AC rehab + shoulder impingement rehab exercises in between my sets, and the 10-15 minute static stretching at the end, I'm at the gym close to 90 mins six times a week. That's a lot more than I want to be at the gym, but c'est la vie.

nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sternumj View Post
    What do you guys think of my Pull day?

Lat Pulldown
    Seated Cable Row w/ V-Bar
    Iso Lateral Row (horizontal pull, high-ish grip, elbows a bit flared)
    Rear Delt Fly
    Upright Row (thinking about subbing this for face pulls)
    Upright Row is not a sub for Face Pulls. Upright Row might be a sub for lateral raises. A Sub for face Pulls is Reverse Flyes.

nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Latest Hypertrophy studies seem to indicate that Kelei has always been right with his approach.

http://www.strengtheory.com/the-new-...aining-volume/

At least when talking about hypertrophy-based training, it’s more useful to think of “training volume” as “total number of hard sets per muscle” than “sets x reps x load.”
    Hence why even R-P 30 reps (10,5,5,5,5 = 5 sets to positive failure) >>>> 4x8-12 (even though it might reach like 48 reps total, 18 more reps than 30 RP-kelei-style)

sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100) sternumj is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by nerynery View Post
    Upright Row is not a sub for Face Pulls. Upright Row might be a sub for lateral raises. A Sub for face Pulls is Reverse Flyes.
    I know. I really meant just switch the 2. My traps are fine.

Latest Hypertrophy studies seem to indicate that Kelei has always been right with his approach.

http://www.strengtheory.com/the-new-...aining-volume/

Hence why even R-P 30 reps (10,5,5,5,5 = 5 sets to positive failure) >>>> 4x8-12 (even though it might reach like 48 reps total, 18 more reps than 30 RP-kelei-style)
    Does it, really? Kelei's recommendation on the very first post:

I believe that aiming for a total rep target rather than counting the number of sets you perform is the best way to manage total tonnage (volume), instead of aiming to complete a particular number of sets per exercise you should instead aim to complete a particular number of total reps per exercise and perform as many sets as it takes until you reach your total rep target.

In the past I have recommended rest-pause training and i still stand by this recommendation although I want to make it clear that straight sets are a perfectly acceptable option as well, at the end of the day it doesn't really mater how long you choose to rest between sets, short rest periods between sets will result in a greater number of sets being required to reach your total rep target, long rest periods between sets will result in a fewer number of sets being required to reach your total rep target, go with personal preference.
    Sounds like the number of total reps, and volume, is the key driver in Kelei's recommendation, and it almost doens't matter whether you do up-to-failure sets of 10/5/5/4/4/3/3/3/3 for a total of 40 reps or resting enough between sets to do 10/8/8/7/7 for a total of 40 reps. I'll fully read the link you posted later but just reading the beginning of it it sounds as if the main driver is doing as many sets as possible (so long as those sets are to near failure), not total # of reps or volume.

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Latest Hypertrophy studies seem to indicate..........
    Does it, really? Kelei's recommendation on the very first post:
    The article itself (to me anyway) seems to indicate that higher effort/volume is the best driver for muscle growth (higher effort to recruit all muscle fibres, along with the higher volume in order to bring about a better stimulus) and that training a certain rep range makes you better at that rep range (ultimately at a detriment(?) to other rep ranges depending on advancement). This is pretty much basic knowledge regarding lifting weights. What I (always) find interesting is the studies which claim that higher reps (even up to a 30 rep max) doesn't have an adverse effect on hypertrophy. I know Kelei has touched on this before, but only offering advice on making sure the volume is high (very,very high) to make up for the lower % intensity.

I would love to see a study done comparing the effects on 1-5 rep max training and 25-30 rep max, making sure total training volume is matched 1:1 over the course of over 12 months.

Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaxevi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I want to start this program,but dont understand some things:
    -How much rest between sets in compound movements ?
    -Do i go to failure every time unitil i complete 50reps if its my quest ?

Page 106 of 125 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast