Page 101 of 203 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 6080
    proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IronAvalanche View Post
    Best WTF story yet.
    This x2
    3rd Year Doctor of Physical Therapy Student

Ron Paul 2012
    R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    I have now taken over FLEX's position.

I am speechless.
    That's okay...you've said plenty in previous posts - thanks for the show of support!

Originally Posted by wedjim View Post
    "Negative: me looking like a damned idiot (not that I care) or a wild animal looking for a piece of equipment to rub against in order to scratch my back between sets..."

I would just borrow the gym broom to get it, at least that way it would only be three or four swipes to cover the whole freakish thing! lol'ed
    Lulz...thanks, man!

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    My brother...the truth of the matter is that I sat and stared at my laptop's keyboard for a solid three minutes trying to come up with some words to string together that would, in even the slightest way, capture how outstanding your progress has been and how incredible you've been doing. The end result?

Laptop Keyboard - 1.
    FIM - 0.

Amazing brother. I'm proud of you my friend.
    That means a lot, FIM. Thank you...this was a good time for you to return. I'm glad that you'll be along for the ride.

Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post
    Mate...going great!!!

Focus focus focus...believe believe believe. Did I say believe...well.... OK then....Believe!!

You'll be awesome on the day. Shred and can da doubt!!!

FWIW...your balance is great and the condition will only keep getting better and better

Lay off the legs with 1 week to go...with me I find that helps with the separation!!

Go for it!
    I hear you loud and clear, Mr. Positivity!

The leg thing is tough. I know what you're saying about the wheels - training them too close to a show is no good. But since I compete 3 out of 4 weeks this month, I gotta' get in the training somewhere. I'm trying to keep the sessions at least 3 days away from a show, but I'll see if I can adjust things a little more to stretch that time out even more as the season continues. Thanks again; keep the insights coming.

Originally Posted by proud_polack View Post
    Firstly, incredible session. Jeffersons stayed strong.

Secondly, that side by side comparison shot of last year vs. this year. Much added size and fullness to your legs, and a more shredded upper body. Huge improvement. Almost game time!!
    Yeah, this year's model is a definite step forward.

This will sound strange, but in some regards the contest is secondary - or certainly, not the whole picture. What I mean, is that the main thing that drives many of us is to just be better and improve whenever possible. Some of the pics that I have taken over the past few weeks, and the overall physical goal that I achieved this year, stands as some of the best work that I have ever done. Period. The fact that I just turned 43 and look my best - ever - just floors me if I think about it too long.

Originally Posted by righter View Post
    Loved the last entry, especially final words about the kid. yes, gotta start somewhere, and the oly is a good place!!

Very excited for you, MHL. It's really been a learning experience for me to follow along, and I've gained a lot of knowledge from your prep, as well as your experience.

I'm looking forward to the final week, and definitely to game day!!! Almost like the superbowl, only much better, cause I hate football (Better duck, just felt the burn of hot negs flying over my head) lolol

Maybe you will have a vid of the show, a short clip?

Hint hint ...

Godspeed, friend!
    Hey Righter. It's been pleasure having you and the other folks on board - trust me. Very few people even know about this aspect of my life (especially the way my clothes fit now), so regularly talking with folks that can relate has been tremendous.

(PS: We'll see about the vid thing...)
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice workouts MHL...as usual. I especially appreciate your observation about the guy doing the Oly lift with lighter weight. Today I was weaning myself off the Hammer Incline bench and moving to the free weights and I happened to be working around six or seven "serious" lifter types. At first it was a little intimidating but I quickly realized I seriously didn't care what (if anything) they thought about how much or little I was lifting. I was lifting for me and knowing my incline bench was weak and that it was my fault for being weak at that lift, I just lit into it. You gotta start somewhere...whether you're new to lifting or you're just trying to make up for a year of bad habits.
    They call me the workin' man...

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

* Page Bump * Day 2: JFT Mode - 1 week out

Chest w/triceps + calves: late post, Tuesday's workout

warm up:
    • standing DB presses, 1 x 15
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 15
    • pull ups, 1 x 15
    • Military press machine, 1 x 15

CHEST

Seated machine chest press - body part specific warm up (Hoist; stack weight; max = 310)
    135 x 10 wu
    220 x 10 wu
    310 x 10 wu

Flat bench presses - remedial training... (using Oly bar; in rack)
    bar x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    225 x 8
    245 x 6
    260 x 5
    225 x 8

DB incline bench presses
    80 x 10
    90 x 8
    100 x 6

Cable machine pec flyes
    70 x 12
    70 x 10 --- whoa, whoa, whoa... time-out. gettin' much too fired up here and pushing into failure. just stop here.

TRICEPS

Lying French presses (using E-Z bar)
    75 x 8
    85 x 8
    105 x 7

Standing overhead French presses using cable
    100 x 10
    115 x 10
    130 x 10

Cable kickbacks
    30 x 10
    30 x 10

CALVES

Standing heel raises (plate weight per side listed)
    2 plates x 15
    2 plates x 20
    2 plates x 20

Recumbent heel raises
    150 x 15
    180 x 15
    210 x 15

Seated heel raises
    2 plates x 20
    2 plates x 20
    2 plates x 20

Impressions:

When I grab the cables for flyes, I always grab the cable on the side of my injured shoulder first. This allows me the most leverage and helps to protect the joint. However, when I went for the cables today, I forgot which cable to grab first. In the moment of trying to just get the set going, I couldn't identify one shoulder that had more discomfort or pain than the other one. I felt good. I realized that it's finally nearly healed.

Needless to say, I had fun in the gym today. Without the added edge of pushing into the PR zone or pain zone, and keeping the "beyond failure" stuff off limits (Mentzer and Jones are turning in their graves right now), I was just pushing weight, enjoying the purity of each lift, and having fun.

The main goal was to give the muscles one or two reasons to stay big during the final push of training.

The WTF? Gym Moment of the Day:

I was just finishing up in the student lab, and pushing some chairs back into place in an effort to tidy things up a bit before my departure.

One lone student was still in the lab, crunching a few numbers in his laptop from today's project.

I don't normally teach on this day, but I'm off to compete over the weekend, so I had to adjust the schedule a bit.

Much to my surprise, the student's eyes rise above the computer screen as he breaks the silence, "So, Professor... You're out of town this weekend?"

I admit that I fully expect today's student to be locked into his or her own world; texting and tweeting their lives away. Plugged into an alternate reality. Unconcerned about the lives of others that fall outside of their bubble. But instead, this student actually asked about what I was up to.

"Uhm...yeah, I'm on travel this week."

"Oh, okay... Business or pleasure?"

That made me pause. In the back of mind, I could see, feel, and hear iron plates crashing on the platform. The tightness of my wrist wraps before a serious lift. The feel of a dusty wooden floor beneath my bare feet on stage. The heat of the lights blaring against the back of my neck and shoulders. The endless waiting backstage amid orange gaunt faces. And the anticipation of hearing an emcee calling the last competitor name while two guys stand in front of a crowd awaiting judgement.

I look up at the student, adjust my glasses, and hold back the wryest of smiles to reply,

"Business..."

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    That's okay...you've said plenty in previous posts - thanks for the show of support!

Lulz...thanks, man!

That means a lot, FIM. Thank you...this was a good time for you to return. I'm glad that you'll be along for the ride.

I hear you loud and clear, Mr. Positivity!

The leg thing is tough. I know what you're saying about the wheels - training them too close to a show is no good. But since I compete 3 out of 4 weeks this month, I gotta' get in the training somewhere. I'm trying to keep the sessions at least 3 days away from a show, but I'll see if I can adjust things a little more to stretch that time out even more as the season continues. Thanks again; keep the insights coming.

Yeah, this year's model is a definite step forward.

This will sound strange, but in some regards the contest is secondary - or certainly, not the whole picture. What I mean, is that the main thing that drives many of us is to just be better and improve whenever possible. Some of the pics that I have taken over the past few weeks, and the overall physical goal that I achieved this year, stands as some of the best work that I have ever done. Period. The fact that I just turned 43 and look my best - ever - just floors me if I think about it too long.

Hey Righter. It's been pleasure having you and the other folks on board - trust me. Very few people even know about this aspect of my life (especially the way my clothes fit now), so regularly talking with folks that can relate has been tremendous.

(PS: We'll see about the vid thing...)
    I'd train em on the Monday...that gives you all the week to get the max separation!

You hydrating well all week? Using any natural diuretics?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like you have put this into practice. Both the session and the WTF moment are classics. Nothing better than working hard and enjoying yourself at the same time. Now, go finish the business!
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chest w/triceps + calves: late post, Tuesday's workout

warm up:
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 15
    • pull ups, 1 x 15
    • Military press machine, 1 x 15

CHEST

Seated machine chest press - body part specific warm up (Hoist; stack weight; max = 310)
    135 x 10 wu
    220 x 10 wu
    310 x 10 wu

Flat bench presses - remedial training... (using Oly bar; in rack)
    bar x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    225 x 8
    245 x 6
    260 x 5
    225 x 8

DB incline bench presses
    80 x 10
    90 x 8
    100 x 6

Cable machine pec flyes
    70 x 12
    70 x 10 --- whoa, whoa, whoa... time-out. gettin' much too fired up here and pushing into failure. just stop here.

TRICEPS

Lying French presses (using E-Z bar)
    75 x 8
    85 x 8
    105 x 7

Standing overhead French presses using cable
    100 x 10
    115 x 10
    130 x 10

Cable kickbacks
    30 x 10
    30 x 10

CALVES

Standing heel raises (plate weight per side listed)
    2 plates x 15
    2 plates x 20
    2 plates x 20

Recumbent heel raises
    150 x 15
    180 x 15
    210 x 15

Seated heel raises
    2 plates x 20
    2 plates x 20
    2 plates x 20

Impressions:

When I grab the cables for flyes, I always grab the cable on the side of my injured shoulder first. This allows me the most leverage and helps to protect the joint. However, when I went for the cables today, I forgot which cable to grab first. In the moment of trying to just get the set going, I couldn't identify one shoulder that had more discomfort or pain than the other one. I felt good. I realized that it's finally nearly healed.

Needless to say, I had fun in the gym today. Without the added edge of pushing into the PR zone or pain zone, and keeping the "beyond failure" stuff off limits (Mentzer and Jones are turning in their graves right now), I was just pushing weight, enjoying the purity of each lift, and having fun.

The main goal was to give the muscles one or two reasons to stay big during the final push of training.

The WTF? Gym Moment of the Day:

I was just finishing up in the student lab, and pushing some chairs back into place in an effort to tidy things up a bit before my departure.

One lone student was still in the lab, crunching a few numbers in his laptop from today's project.

I don't normally teach on this day, but I'm off to compete over the weekend, so I had to adjust the schedule a bit.

Much to my surprise, the student's eyes rise above the computer screen as he breaks the silence, "So, Professor... You're out of town this weekend?"

I admit that I fully expect today's student to be locked into his or her own world; texting and tweeting their lives away. Plugged into an alternate reality. Unconcerned about the lives of others that fall outside of their bubble. But instead, this student actually asked about what I was up to.

"Uhm...yeah, I'm on travel this week."

"Oh, okay... Business or pleasure?"

That made me pause. In the back of mind, I could see, feel, and hear iron plates crashing on the platform. The tightness of my wrist wraps before a serious lift. The feel of a dusty wooden floor beneath my bare feet on stage. The heat of the lights blaring against the back of my neck and shoulders. The endless waiting backstage amid orange gaunt faces. And the anticipation of hearing an emcee calling the last competitor name while two guys stand in front of a crowd awaiting judgement.

I look up at the student, adjust my glasses, and hold back the wryest of smiles to reply,

"Business..."
    This reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy...we were talking about body building

At the end of it all I saw that how one attacks the gym and ones prep has alot to do with whether one sees oneself as "someone who does bodybuilding" or "someone who is a bodybuilder".

Subtle sounding but manifestly different!

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Business....serious business". Home stretch MH.
    The world breaks everyone, some become stronger.

Pain is candy

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Go kill 'em this weekend, MHL!
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Nice work on the chest friend. The rest of the week I'll be doing an extra rep on everything in your honor for this weekend.
    David

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Business..."
    I like your attitude. You don't seem nervous or apprehensive at all about taking the stage this weekend.

From what I saw on stage last Saturday (and it was a big mid-west natty show), you will do just fine. I kept thinking about you as the biggest guys were up there. None of them had your overall size and symmetry. Don't get me wrong... there were some studs up there, but you my friend are a standout.

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Impressions and WTF are great - your words are strong and I've got faith that you come out victorious this weekend.

You will, no doubt.

Enjoy the rest of your day MHL!

Originally Posted by KingLerxst View Post
    Nice workouts MHL...as usual. I especially appreciate your observation about the guy doing the Oly lift with lighter weight. Today I was weaning myself off the Hammer Incline bench and moving to the free weights and I happened to be working around six or seven "serious" lifter types. At first it was a little intimidating but I quickly realized I seriously didn't care what (if anything) they thought about how much or little I was lifting. I was lifting for me and knowing my incline bench was weak and that it was my fault for being weak at that lift, I just lit into it. You gotta start somewhere...whether you're new to lifting or you're just trying to make up for a year of bad habits.
    You are absolutely right, King. Being "hardcore" is not about how big you are or how big you lift - it's all about honest effort. You fit the bill without question.

I'd train em on the Monday...that gives you all the week to get the max separation!

You hydrating well all week? Using any natural diuretics?
    You have a point about Monday, but I'm kinda' psychotic when it comes to my split routine. I got how I like it and I hate dorkin' around with it! Nevertheless, the brief deload after the show may allow for me to make some contest specific changes for the last 2 shows.

Water intake has been high this week; the only diuretic goin' on now is asparagus...

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy...we were talking about body building

At the end of it all I saw that how one attacks the gym and ones prep has alot to do with whether one sees oneself as "someone who does bodybuilding" or "someone who is a bodybuilder".

Subtle sounding but manifestly different!
    Agree 100%!

Looks like you have put this into practice. Both the session and the WTF moment are classics. Nothing better than working hard and enjoying yourself at the same time. Now, go finish the business!
    Thanks, my friend. Taking pleasure in my craft will help to bring this thing home.

Originally Posted by camau71 View Post
    "Business....serious business". Home stretch MH.
    No question about it...

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Go kill 'em this weekend, MHL!
    Thanks, Vox!!!

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Nice work on the chest friend. The rest of the week I'll be doing an extra rep on everything in your honor for this weekend.
    That's a great tribute; much respect...

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    I like your attitude. You don't seem nervous or apprehensive at all about taking the stage this weekend.
    Hunger has surpassed anxiety. I'm ready to go.

From what I saw on stage last Saturday (and it was a big mid-west natty show), you will do just fine. I kept thinking about you as the biggest guys were up there. None of them had your overall size and symmetry. Don't get me wrong... there were some studs up there, but you my friend are a standout.
    Thanks for the observation and the props, Bo. Let us both hope that crazy old man strength and density can come out on top in the end...

Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    Impressions and WTF are great - your words are strong and I've got faith that you come out victorious this weekend.

You will, no doubt.

Enjoy the rest of your day MHL!
    Strong words + strong actions. I like that. Thanks, Matz!

---------------------

New journal post on the way in the morning...
    Last edited by mharrislove; 10-05-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: reality check

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For the first time in a long time, I can say for certain, I cannot wait until the weekend is over. Can't wait to hear about the show.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

In case I dont make it back here before Friday.....Im off for the Nationals am gonna be thinking of my mate over there smashing the competitors to dust!

Remember....think BIG....stay nice and wide AT ALL TIMES and pose like you want it like, you deserve it and like its YOURS!!

And start your posing ...FROM THE LEGS UP!!

Anticipating great success, mate ...so BRING IT!!!

Make the stage an "A-GAME ONLY" zone!

Simple plan.

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In case I dont make it back here before Friday.....Im off for the Nationals am gonna be thinking of my mate over there smashing the competitors to dust!

Remember....think BIG....stay nice and wide AT ALL TIMES and pose like you want it like, you deserve it and like its YOURS!!

Awesome post

I wish you both great success with your respective shows.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Awesome post

Agreed 100%. Make sure someone is taking lots of pictures and bring back the gold, or silver or whatever color the trophy might be.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no doubt that you are gonna kill it brother and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers over the weekend.

That said, when the lights go down, when the judges and crowds have all left and when the stage goes quiet, there is only one with whom you are truly in competition...and he stares back at you every day.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2 words for you MHL.......

SIMPLY

AMAZING

!!!!!

MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1st post in here, but will echo everyone else's sentiments.

You have done a great job, the stage will be yours. Bring every sport cliche to the stage with you and own the stage.

Make it so that everyone surrounding you will up the ante to bring what you did.

Go Hard Or Go Home!!!!

I am sure you have that t-shirt or slogan written down somewhere.

Cheers and look forward to news/results.
    Blood......Sweat........RESPECT!!!!!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

"Business..."
    Wow.......................just wow.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000) generetired is just really nice. (+1000)

"Business..."
    Joining the crew (a) wishing you success this weekend and (b) admiring your response.
    Nothing tastes as good as feeling lean.
    No time waster stacks up to feeling strong.
    No individual goal is as satisfying as shared one.

Days 4 + 5: JFT Mode - 1 week out

The final workouts for Round #1...

Quads w/biceps + forearms

warm up:
    • standing DB shoulder presses, 1 x 15
    • standing DB curls, 1 x 10
    • pull ups, 1 x 12
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 10
    • machine military presses, 1 x 12
    • leg extensions, 2 x 10

QUADS

Back squats (in power rack; using weight belt + free Oly bar; no wraps)
    bar x 10
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    275 x 8
    315 x 6

Front squats (in power rack; using weight belt + free Oly bar; no wraps)
    bar x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 8
    225 x 6
    225 x 5

V-squat using narrow stance
    280 x 10
    300 x 12
    300 x 10

Leg extensions (Hammer version with independent stacks for each leg)
    120 x 15
    130 x 12
    140 x 10

The "Take that you lazy bastard!!!" Sets

Standing leg curls
    70 x 10
    80 x 10
    90 x 10

--------------------------------

BICEPS/FOREARMS

Preset BB curls (using straight bar)
    75 x 10
    105 x 8

Standing DB hammer curls (upper arm/forearm work)
    40 x 6
    50 x 6
    60 x 6

Preacher machine curls (plate weight)
    1 plate x 10
    1.5 plates x 10
    1.5 plates x 10

Standing "incline" cable curls (shoulders in relative extension) - the finisher...
    30 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 10

Raw isometric BB holds in power rack (exercise to rest ratio in sec)
    225 x 4, (15 sec:15 sec)
    315 x 3, (10 sec: 20 sec)

BB reverse wrist curls (kneeling over flat bench)
    55 x 12
    55 x 12
    55 x 10

Standing BB wrist curls
    185 x 12
    185 x 12
    185 x 12

Delts w/calves

warm up:
    • pull ups, 1 x 12
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 10

DELTS

Standing BB military presses (in rack)
    bar x 10
    100 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 5

Seated DB presses - Azarian mode
    65 x 12
    65 x 10
    65 x 10

Seated laterals
    30 x 10
    30 x 10
    30 x 10

DB Shrugs
    100 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 10

The "Take that you lazy bastard!!!" Sets

Incline DB flyes - Azarian mode
    40 x 10 wu
    50 x 10
    60 x 10

--------------------------------

CALVES

Unilateral heel raises (using leg press)
    2 plates x 10
    2 plates x 15
    2 plates x 15
    2 plates x 15
    2 plates x 15

Seated heel raises
    2 plates x 15
    2 plates x 15
    2 plates x 20
    2 plates x 25

CARDIO:

Walk 45 min to work

Impressions:

Gotta' call from the contest promoter the other day. There will be about 45 folks in the upcoming show - that's pretty big by natty standards and the largest show I've done since the 200+ competitor show last April. (In contrast, my tune up show last year had about 20+ competitors.)

I also learned that I will be in the "short" class, which I'm guessing will be the largest Open class (curse of the pseudo manlets), but I just make the cut off. So, it's possible that I will be at the top of the class in regards to body weight. Moreover, there will be 7 competitors in the Masters class which is pretty good. That's about as many as I faced last April, and hell, I've done the > 40 y.o. class just against one guy - and once, unopposed - in the past, so this time around things will be a bit more typical. The Masters competitors are 2nd on the comp schedule, so I should be nice and relaxed by the time the Open comparisons begin.

I'm very pleased with my look so far. I've lost about 2 lbs of water weight since the start of the carb taper, and I will start to load in the middle of the day tomorrow. My first go at sodium manipulation is going okay so far, too (not outta' the woods yet, though). Drug testing and tanning stuff are scheduled pretty close together tomorrow, so that shouldn't interfere with eating too much. Everything is day-to-day and hour-to-hour now. I will gauge my activity levels and food intake based on how I am looking (in terms of deviating from the current plan). As of right now, training is done and cardio is done; the main planned activity for Friday morning is posing practice.

I'm looking forward to eating a bit more tomorrow and getting on stage the next day.

I'm in shape and ready to go.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    For the first time in a long time, I can say for certain, I cannot wait until the weekend is over. Can't wait to hear about the show.
    Hey, I know how you feel about your weekends (when you're not in school) so I appreciate that!

Awesome post

Agreed 100%. Make sure someone is taking lots of pictures and bring back the gold, or silver or whatever color the trophy might be.
    Indeed...a great post by, Yak. I will heed the advice!

Thanks to all of you guys. Hauling in some hardware would be pretty cool - especially the main prize: a sword - since my wife has no idea and would be flustered to no end if I dragged a prize-as-a-weapon back to the house.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    I have no doubt that you are gonna kill it brother and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers over the weekend.

That said, when the lights go down, when the judges and crowds have all left and when the stage goes quiet, there is only one with whom you are truly in competition...and he stares back at you every day.
    That's the thing, FIM. Who knows what the judges will think or do? But I have a victory in hand already just by molding myself into a combination of mass and conditioning that I've never had before - not even in my 20s.

I don't look the way that I want to look, but I look a helluva' lot better than what I did during the fat ass winter of 2008...

Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    2 words for you MHL.......

SIMPLY

AMAZING

!!!!!
    Thanks, Ms. Mac...I'm glad that you're still here and accounted for! It's always good to hear from you.

Originally Posted by MetFan View Post
    1st post in here, but will echo everyone else's sentiments.

You have done a great job, the stage will be yours. Bring every sport cliche to the stage with you and own the stage.

Make it so that everyone surrounding you will up the ante to bring what you did.

Go Hard Or Go Home!!!!

I am sure you have that t-shirt or slogan written down somewhere.

Cheers and look forward to news/results.
    That's the right way to think about this thing. I had a moment of second guessing my decision to do this comp, but that time has passed. I'm goin' hard...

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Wow.......................just wow.
    LOL...thanks, Bill!

Originally Posted by generetired View Post
    Joining the crew (a) wishing you success this weekend and (b) admiring your response.
    Thank you very much. The support of everyone here means a lot.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Business indeed!!
    Reading that gave me chills. (srs)

This is YOUR house this weekend.
    Bring it down.

I'll be watching for the results.

-In Reconstruction Mode- IronAvalanche's Avatar
    IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm in shape and ready to go.
    No doubt in my mind you will dominate the competition. Based on the pics you've posted their going to have a rough time trying to compete with you. Lifting, diet, cardio, posing. Yep, you'll have it all.
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    ~ Philippians 4:13

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Solid last workout.
    Wishing you success!
    3rd Year Doctor of Physical Therapy Student

Ron Paul 2012
    R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Game On!
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Saturday morning pre-judging! It's GO time, brother! I'm sure you are having the time of your life right about now!

Page 101 of 203 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast