Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) danny0880 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question How much protein can you consume in one sitting?

How much protein can the body consume efficiently for muscle growth/repair in 1 sitting, 1 meal?

I know everyone is different and factors such as genetics, level of exercise activity etc need to be taken into consideration.

I just want to know the general figures, maybe refer to an article, how much after a workout, etc etc.

Cheers

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by danny0880 View Post
    How much protein can the body consume efficiently for muscle growth/repair in 1 sitting, 1 meal?

I know everyone is different and factors such as genetics, level of exercise activity etc need to be taken into consideration.

I just want to know the general figures, maybe refer to an article, how much after a workout, etc etc.

Cheers
    Consume!=absorb!=synthesize
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Everything you want to know is on the "Supersite", just have to dig a little. For myself, I drink a 30 gram protein shake one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. But that is me, I just believe with a 50 gram shake, you pee most of the protein away unless you drink it over some time.

To each his own

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jibbo View Post
    Everything you want to know is on the "Supersite", just have to dig a little. For myself, I drink a 30 gram protein shake one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. But that is me, I just believe with a 50 gram shake, you pee most of the protein away unless you drink it over some time.

To each his own
    If you're peeing most of the excess away then you have a kidney disorder. In healthy individuals excess is converted to fat.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    , I just believe with a 50 gram shake, you pee most of the protein away unless you drink it over some time.
    Well fortunately this isn't true.

You can consume all of your protein/calories in an eating pattern you are comfortable with. Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant and should be a matter of preference (to include protein intake).

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

Personally, it isn't unusual for me to consume 100-150 grams of protein in a single meal.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One study showed up to 80% of your daily requirement can be consumed in one meal. That's the only "real" information I've ever read about it.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post

You can consume all of your protein/calories in an eating pattern you are comfortable with. Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant and should be a matter of preference (to include protein intake).

Personally, it isn't unusual for me to consume 100-150 grams of protein in a single meal.
    ^This. Plus, the pathway for converting excess protein intake into fat is never really used in humans.

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have heard and pretty much when i am eating right, 50 grams a meal is a good measure to use.
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

You can consume all of your protein/calories in an eating pattern you are comfortable with.
    Agree

Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant
    This is a blanket statement that is not accurate. It gets old when people throw that phrase around in that way. It's like people want to show others that they are in the "know" about the latest nutrition info. It does mean something. Just because it doesn't apply to the mythical anabolic window doesn't mean we should throw out the baby with the bathwater.

/rant

Since my word means nothing, I will quote the accepted nutrition guru, AA:

Alan Aragon: The Primary Laws of Nutrient Timing
    The First Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
    The Second Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.

NOTE: Please do not misinterpret the above to mean that timing is irrelevant. On the contrary, it's very relevant. Timing just happens to have MUCH LESS impact on results than hitting your macro totals for the day. This doesn't diminish the fact that people need to individualize their meal timing so that it maximizes their training performance (& does not hinder it).
    David

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    One study showed up to 80% of your daily requirement can be consumed in one meal. That's the only "real" information I've ever read about it.
    Yeah well the daily requirement of protein is only 56g. When you eat 300+ it's a little difficult to eat 260g in one meal!
    David

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Yeah well the daily requirement of protein is only 56g. When you eat 300+ it's a little difficult to eat 260g in one meal!
    Not the US RDA, your personal requirements...but yeah, I see your point. But at least you don't have to eat 80% of your protein at once. You just can.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

To each his own
    I guess the info on the "supersite" isn't all it's cracked up to be. How's that pee theory work doctor?
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50)

To each his own
    You believe? You know, this isn't like religion. There are scientific facts.

Of course the Supersite has one goal in mind, sell protein shakes and supplements to gullible fools. So of course, you can only have 30g per sitting, which is about five sittings per day at least! Jeez, gonna need a shake to fit all those in because I ain't eating five chicken breasts!

$$$
    Why aren't you gaining? A small guide:

1. Eat more.
    2. Lift better.

Result: Gains.

Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jibbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok professor's,

Despite a lot of claims to the contrary, the actual conversion of carbohydrate to fat in humans under normal dietary conditions is small approaching insignificant. The conversion of carbs to fat (a process called de-novo lipogenesis or DNL) can happen but the requirements for it to happen significantly are fairly rare in hmans under most conditions. At least one of those is when daily carbohydrate intake is just massive, fulfilling over 100% of the daily maintenance energy requirements. And only then when muscle glycogen is full. For an average size male you're looking at 700-900 grams of carbohydrate daily for multiple days running. Which means that the odds of protein being converted to fat in any quantitatively meaningful fashion is simply not going to happen. Certain amino acids are processed to a great degree in the liver and this can produce glucose, ketones and a few other things. But triglycerides (the storage form of "fat") isnt one of them. I imagine that protein were going to be converted to fat, it would first have to be converted to glucose and only if the anound produced were then in excess of daily maintenance requirements would there be conversion to fat. But as noted above, this simply isnt going to happen under any even reasonably normal circumstances. No human could eat enough protein on a daily basis for it to occur. What will happen is that amino oxidation (Burning for Energy) will go up somewhat although, its a slow process and isnt complete. So, as noted above, while the pathway exists for protein to be stored as fat, and forlks will continue to claim that excess protein just turns to "fat" it's really just not going to happen under any sort of real-world stituation. Certainly we can dream up odd theoretical situations where it might but those wont apply to 99.9 % of real -world situations. Reference "The Protein Book" for further information, hope this clears it up.

The one caveat I'll add to this is that absorption rates in fasted individuals is up to 50% higher for proteins, suggesting that meal frequency (16hour fasted in the study) does have an impact, however that's not a standard condition.

An aside here, while googling this topic, I found out the rate at which foods pass through your body does not impact how much of it is absorbed (I had thought it did).

http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/32/12/1421.full

Ok professor's,

Despite a lot of claims to the contrary, the actual conversion of carbohydrate to fat in humans under normal dietary conditions is small approaching insignificant. The conversion of carbs to fat (a process called de-novo lipogenesis or DNL) can happen but the requirements for it to happen significantly are fairly rare in hmans under most conditions. At least one of those is when daily carbohydrate intake is just massive, fulfilling over 100% of the daily maintenance energy requirements. And only then when muscle glycogen is full. For an average size male you're looking at 700-900 grams of carbohydrate daily for multiple days running. Which means that the odds of protein being converted to fat in any quantitatively meaningful fashion is simply not going to happen. Certain amino acids are processed to a great degree in the liver and this can produce glucose, ketones and a few other things. But triglycerides (the storage form of "fat") isnt one of them. I imagine that protein were going to be converted to fat, it would first have to be converted to glucose and only if the anound produced were then in excess of daily maintenance requirements would there be conversion to fat. But as noted above, this simply isnt going to happen under any even reasonably normal circumstances. No human could eat enough protein on a daily basis for it to occur. What will happen is that amino oxidation (Burning for Energy) will go up somewhat although, its a slow process and isnt complete. So, as noted above, while the pathway exists for protein to be stored as fat, and forlks will continue to claim that excess protein just turns to "fat" it's really just not going to happen under any sort of real-world stituation. Certainly we can dream up odd theoretical situations where it might but those wont apply to 99.9 % of real -world situations. Reference "The Protein Book" for further information, hope this clears it up.
    Where's the part where you pee it out? I read the text you summed up, but I didn't recognize it except in the one reference to ketones which doesn't mean peeing out protein as far as I know.

Also, taxation is theft.

Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok professor's,

Is that at all relevant?
    Why aren't you gaining? A small guide:

1. Eat more.
    2. Lift better.

Result: Gains.

Well, you all wanted it technical, so I spelled it out for you all, "Yes you can pee it out", as well as other functions. "Do your own research"!

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Where's the part where you pee it out? I read the text you summed up, but I didn't recognize it except in the one reference to ketones which doesn't mean peeing out protein as far as I know.
    Exactly - Proteinurea = bad. Pissing protein = bad. It shouldn't be protein anymore when you piss it out.

Proteinuria may be a sign of renal (kidney) damage. Since serum proteins are readily reabsorbed from urine, the presence of excess protein indicates either an insufficiency of absorption or impaired filtration. Diabetics may suffer from damaged nephrons and develop proteinuria. The most common cause of proteinuria is diabetes, and in any person with proteinuria and diabetes, the etiology of the underlying proteinuria should be separated into two categories: diabetic proteinuria versus the field.

With severe proteinuria, general hypoproteinemia can develop which results in diminished oncotic pressure. Symptoms of diminished oncotic pressure may include ascites, edema and hydrothorax.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteinuria

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

This thread should have ended ^^^^ right here.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn I thought this was a challenge; I'll just take my plate of rib eyes on out of here and consume them
    In private. The bacon too.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unless you have liver or kidney disease you can eat it all in one sitting. (tried it for a week and felt like utter crap) And no you won't pee it out, you must be thinking of vitamins. And no protein can't be converted to fat. Common sense tells me consuming protein over 3-6 meals throughout the day is what my body likes best. Meal timing makes a big difference for me anyway, I can definitely feel the difference in my workouts regardless what any expert tells me. (more so with carbs and fat though)

BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BikerLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    This thread should have ended ^^^^ right here.
    Off topic but I wanted to ask your opinion on acesulfame potassium and sucralose, I am going to be consuming 6 scoops per day (whey) for the next two months, is it of any concern?

Well, you all wanted it technical, so I spelled it out for you all, "Yes you can pee it out", as well as other functions. "Do your own research"!
    No reason to get snippy chief. I used to think it was normal too, until I asked my doc what was up with all the bubbles in my piss. Point being, I have, hence my answers. PS. the Q+A article you cite has zero scientific references. Also, if it were true, then why does protein have 4 calories per gram? Where does the mysterious energy go if not stored or burned?

PS. Here's a study showing your source is wrong.

http://newsatjama.jama.com/2012/01/0...otein-content/

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This is a blanket statement that is not accurate. It gets old when people throw that phrase around in that way. It's like people want to show others that they are in the "know" about the latest nutrition info. It does mean something. Just because it doesn't apply to the mythical anabolic window doesn't mean we should throw out the baby with the bathwater.
    You are absolutely correct. When I meant irrelevant, it should be based on preference of the individual. Which is EXACTLY what Aragon was driving at. Each individual should base their meal timing and frequency in a manner that works for them. In other words... there is no blanket answer. To each their own.

Thank you for clarifying.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BikerLifter View Post
    Off topic but I wanted to ask your opinion on acesulfame potassium and sucralose, I am going to be consuming 6 scoops per day (whey) for the next two months, is it of any concern?
    Based strictly on what I've read, I don't think there's any reason for concern unless you're a rat who's being force-fed ridiculous quantities of either.

Usually, opposition to artificial sweeteners comes from those with some other agenda, such as selling sugar or corn syrup.

All that said, do some snooping around on PubMed, and then make up your own mind.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

You are absolutely correct. When I meant irrelevant, it should be based on preference of the individual. Which is EXACTLY what Aragon was driving at. Each individual should base their meal timing and frequency in a manner that works for them. In other words... there is no blanket answer. To each their own.

Thank you for clarifying.
    Thanks for re-stating bro. We should never settle for an opposite bro-science in place of the old bro-science . Too many noobs run off with blanket statements and the rest is history . I knew that you knew better.
    David

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    16 oz. Rib eye = 120 g. protein

The correct answer is at least 120 g.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    16 oz. Rib eye = 120 g. protein

The correct answer is at least 120 g.
    BOOMrepped

<3

Also, taxation is theft.

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have another copy and paste that is relevant to your point?
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges