Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What exactly does 'skinny fat' mean? Could anyone provide picture examples, please?

Thank you.

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kdot28 View Post
    Thank you.
    Skinny fat means the person looks slim but because they have absolutely no muscle mass on their body the only thing keeping them alive is the fat layer they have covering their body.

They look great in clothes but when the clothes are off it's a different story...

Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=skinny-fat

hahahha mindi912 that was the first pic after googling skinny fat.

Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Originally Posted by hayden079 View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=skinny-fat

hahahha mindi912 that was the first pic after googling skinny fat.
    Well that's what google is for dude!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Think of most models out there. The flesh WOBBLES because there is simply no real muscle mass under there.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...26tbs%3Disch:1

So what would those girl's bodies be classified as?

FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think I'd most def rather look fatter and be muscular than be skinny fat like that, and she needs a haircut, well a better one..just sayin

One in the middle is skinny fat, the other two look just a little chubby,

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No picts for ya but to me skinny fat means you're at or below a good body weight but feel you need to lose fat. You've got a tummy bulge, saddlebags, cellulite, etc. Muscle mass is low while body fat can be over 22%. Again, scale weight and even clothing says you're at or below a good weight.

If you have good genetics, no cellulite and even distribution of fat, you may look really good sans clothing. Many models and younger women are like this.

BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    No picts for ya but to me skinny fat means you're at or below a good body weight but feel you need to lose fat. You've got a tummy bulge, saddlebags, cellulite, etc. Muscle mass is low while body fat can be over 22%. Again, scale weight and even clothing says you're at or below a good weight.

If you have good genetics, no cellulite and even distribution of fat, you may look really good sans clothing. Many models and younger women are like this.
    ^^^this! I could get away with spending about 6 months "getting in shape", then do absolutely nothing for a couple of years. Just enough daily activity to lose the muscle very slowly, so gradually lose weight as muscle came off, then transition to gradually skipping meals here and there to keep from gaining weight. Until after a couple of years, even skipping dinner every day wouldn't be enough to keep from slowly gaining weight and size. Then I'd start the process over again. All the time, my size fluctuated, at most, one size in clothes.

I think you can get away with this when you are young, like teens and twenties. But based on anecdotal evidence of one (me, haha ), as you get older, your skin loses its ability to literally support bodyfat -- then you REALLY need muscle to provide a nice shape from the inside out.

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so is like 24 ish body fat on a girl and high muscle mass, just buff fat? what ?!!! lol?

I'm not tooting my own horn, but the muscle makes my high body fat not look as bad...true story.

nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, some people are under the impression that not super fit = skinny fat. There is a grey area called normal/healthy. Doutzen Kroues, Amanda Seyfried, Salma Hayek... according to some of ya'lls descriptions these women are fat, lmao!

Google Kim Stewart, Rob Stewart's daughter. She's skinny but completely flabby.

Or Kate Moss as she currently is. Beer belly, flabby butt & totally underweight.

nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000) nextsuperhero is just really nice. (+1000)

Hmm, so what am I according to your (ridiculously unsisterly) opinion of skinny fat, given the stats in my sig & the fact that I have cellulite & a bit of saddlebags?

Fat fat?
    Muscular fat?
    Completely healthy & womanly?

I mean seriously, having fat around your uterus or thighs makes a woman fat? Or having cellulite!? You just called 99% of females fat
    Last edited by nextsuperhero; 04-12-2010 at 06:28 AM.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I think of "skinny fat", I think thin/underweight, wearing a small size and looking good in clothing, but looking soft and having little body shape without clothing. Thin, but flabby. I've been skinny-fat, skinny, emaciated, fit, and everything in between. I'm currently at my body's natural "setpoint" weight, but I look heaps different than when I weighed this amount before I started lifting. Before when I was at this weight I couldn't stand the way my body looked, I felt fat and gross, but no one could understand why I had so much self-loathing since because I wore a small size I looked good in clothing. But I wouldn't wear a bikini because I was soft and floppy and saggy. Now I'm a tighter version of the same weight thanks to strength training and I'll now wear a bikini proudly. I think I look fit now, not skinny or fat or "skinny fat".

Originally Posted by kdot28 View Post
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...26tbs%3Disch:1

So what would those girl's bodies be classified as?
    The middle one is just skinny. I wouldn't classify her as skinny-fat at all, but that is my opinion. Not sure about the other two. "Average" maybe, but not chunky. I don't think that is a good representation of when I hear the term "skinny fat".
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nextsuperhero View Post
    Hmm, so what am I according to your (ridiculously unsisterly) opinion of skinny fat, given the stats in my sig & the fact that I have cellulite & a bit of saddlebags?

Fat fat?
    Muscular fat?

I mean seriously, having fat around your uterus or thighs makes a woman fat? Or having cellulite!? You just called 99% of females fat
    Ridiculously unsisterly? Hell when I started I was the poster child for skinny-fat! I know what it is all about.

You're taking the fat term and reading it as if I was calling someone "fat". Remember, it's skinny-fat. Meaning body weight is at or below normal. Size is small. It's the ratio of bf to lean mass that is out of proportion. It's why you see posts from women who are at or below a good weight but say they need to lose 10 or more pounds. And then are unhappy as they only get smaller but look the same.

As for you, it's just a matter of having too much bf. Whether it's a problem is up to you.
    One can be in excellent shape with multiple body types. Ultimately each of us chooses how we want to look. Other than obese or anorexic everything else is acceptable as long as it doesn't effect your health.

Being on the high side of the weight chart can be quite advantageous as most have much better lean muscle mass than the skinny-fat chick. Which means you can focus, if desired, on fat loss and use weights to keep what you've got and make newbie gains. Meanwhile the skinny-fat chick has to ignore her bf and spend a year or more gaining lean muscle mass.

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a look at my progress pics if you want to see skinny fat. When I started, I was 5'3" and weighed 120-125lbs. Hardly fat, by any means. All my clothes were sizes 2's and 4's. Then I had my body fat checked via bodpod. It was almost 30%! For someone my age/height, that's almost obese! So what was the problem? I had no muscle under my skin - that's skinny fat. Exactly what freebird said above.

Even now, I still weight the same, even a few pounds more, but I look much better because I built up some muscle. Now my skin has a few curves and shadows to it, instead of being a lump of hanging goo
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50) BestYearEver will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fat fat?
    Muscular fat?

I didn't take it this way at all. I think "skinny fat" can be the bane of women who don't have problems dropping weight or maintaining weight. For example, flat butt with flab on the sides. Or flabby soft thighs at the top, but dramatically tapering down so that the legs look slim and even good in shorts that hit mid-thigh (because of lack of muscle on lower quads).

Everyone has to decide for themselves what looks best for them -- I might think that someone with lots of cellulite would be better off at lower bodyfat, but they may think keeping boobs looks better overall than less cellulite would. Neither of us would be wrong and, except for rare cases, every one of us has these kind of trade-offs to consider. Since this is a BODYBUILDING site, the majority of people here are going to prefer a muscular look over a soft one. A lesser majority may even have the opinion that weight and bodyfat within so-called "normal" ranges looks fat. Nothing wrong with that, even though many people would disagree.

EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think my before pics is a good example of skinny fat lol, I was light, like 123lbs, but when I walked everything was jiggly and I was very uncomfortable in bathing suits because they just didn't look good. I looked great in clothes though and everything fit me. And I've lost weight to 118 a couple times to get rid of the skinny fat and just be skinny, but I couldn't maintain it I was so unhealthy and my upper body was so bony.
    Didn't lift any weights so I think to be really skinny fat weight lifting is not an option..lean body mass should be really low...
    I am just glad I've gotten past the obsessing over pant size and the scale, and now judging my body how it LOOKS.. rather then numbers.
    "The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." ~Rita Rudner

missdvm2b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, you can look at my pictures :s I am 5' 8.5" and 137lbs and definitely skinny fat! I actually had someone come up to me and say "You're a fake thin person... in your swimsuit you really not toned!" Unfortunately, she was right (rude! but right) so I am now working on changing that

_Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by missdvm2b View Post
    Well, you can look at my pictures :s I am 5' 8.5" and 137lbs and definitely skinny fat! I actually had someone come up to me and say "You're a fake thin person... in your swimsuit you really not toned!" Unfortunately, she was right (rude! but right) so I am now working on changing that

Did you bitch slap her??? lol I would have!
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Originally Posted by _Bethany_ View Post
    Did you bitch slap her??? lol I would have!
    No, but since she's in my college group, I have brought it up often enough to ensure she'll keep he mouth shut next time. The whole group actually stonewalled her about it!

No, but since she's in my college group, I have brought it up often enough to ensure she'll keep he mouth shut next time. The whole group actually stonewalled her about it!
    Good for you!

Also good for you!

Ridiculously unsisterly? Hell when I started I was the poster child for skinny-fat! I know what it is all about.

You're taking the fat term and reading it as if I was calling someone "fat". Remember, it's skinny-fat. Meaning body weight is at or below normal. Size is small. It's the ratio of bf to lean mass that is out of proportion. It's why you see posts from women who are at or below a good weight but say they need to lose 10 or more pounds. And then are unhappy as they only get smaller but look the same.

As for you, it's just a matter of having too much bf. Whether it's a problem is up to you.
    One can be in excellent shape with multiple body types. Ultimately each of us chooses how we want to look. Other than obese or anorexic everything else is acceptable as long as it doesn't effect your health.

Being on the high side of the weight chart can be quite advantageous as most have much better lean muscle mass than the skinny-fat chick. Which means you can focus, if desired, on fat loss and use weights to keep what you've got and make newbie gains. Meanwhile the skinny-fat chick has to ignore her bf and spend a year or more gaining lean muscle mass.
    Oh jeez, for what do I have too much body fat for?
    Health?
    Athleticism?
    Sex with the lights on?

Anyway, your idea of fat is a lot like the popular opinion of women with "too much" muscle being manly. You're entitled to think what you want, but calling people with a healthy body fat % fat is as strange as calling women manly.

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kristen Stewart is the first person who popped into my head when I saw "skinny fat"...she has a very small frame, but it has NO definition or hint of muscle anywhere!

And the guys version, IMO:

Leo is small...but squishy.
    Hard work = Hard body.

Originally Posted by BestYearEver View Post
    I didn't take it this way at all. I think "skinny fat" can be the bane of women who don't have problems dropping weight or maintaining weight. For example, flat butt with flab on the sides. Or flabby soft thighs at the top, but dramatically tapering down so that the legs look slim and even good in shorts that hit mid-thigh (because of lack of muscle on lower quads).

Everyone has to decide for themselves what looks best for them -- I might think that someone with lots of cellulite would be better off at lower bodyfat, but they may think keeping boobs looks better overall than less cellulite would. Neither of us would be wrong and, except for rare cases, every one of us has these kind of trade-offs to consider. Since this is a BODYBUILDING site, the majority of people here are going to prefer a muscular look over a soft one. A lesser majority may even have the opinion that weight and bodyfat within so-called "normal" ranges looks fat. Nothing wrong with that, even though many people would disagree.
    I prefer a firmer physique over a soft one too! But my personal standard isn't the minimum standard for fit &/or healthy.

Originally Posted by BestYearEver View Post
    Good for you!

Also good for you!
    Thanks ; )

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    calling people with a healthy body fat % fat is as strange as calling women manly.
    i agree. there's nothing 'fat' about carrying 20-28% BF, or having fat on the thighs and ass. that's how nature made women. gee.

a lot of women on this site fall within that range anyway, expect they imagine themselves being an athletic, hardworking 15-18%
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    Kristen Stewart is the first person who popped into my head when I saw "skinny fat"...she has a very small frame, but it has NO definition or hint of muscle anywhere!

And the guys version, IMO:

Leo is small...but squishy.
    Perfect examples and so is that model in the first picture. They don't look "bad", they just have very little lean mass in proportion to the fat they're carrying around.

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    a lot of women on this site fall within that range anyway, expect they imagine themselves being an athletic, hardworking 15-18%
    I do imagine myself an athletic, hardworking (very!) 15-18% :P. I've been much "fatter" at the same weight and it wasn't something I could deal with. I've been skinny-fat and I certainly can deal with where I am much better now that I'm not all squishy and soft. I realize by nature women are supposed to have ample fat stores and curves and stuff, but this site certainly isn't representative of the general population. Most here are hardworking and very athletic.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 04-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    Skinny fat means the person looks slim but because they have absolutely no muscle mass on their body the only thing keeping them alive is the fat layer they have covering their body.

They look great in clothes but when the clothes are off it's a different story...

This is a good one for Emma's new sticky, she has no skinny fat pics yet!
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow, some people are under the impression that not super fit = skinny fat. There is a grey area called normal/healthy. Doutzen Kroues, Amanda Seyfried, Salma Hayek... according to some of ya'lls descriptions these women are fat, lmao!

Google Kim Stewart, Rob Stewart's daughter. She's skinny but completely flabby.

Or Kate Moss as she currently is. Beer belly, flabby butt & totally underweight.
    I think you might be misinterpreting the "fat" concept as people are speaking about it here. You don't need to be super fit in order to NOT be skinny fat. "Skinny" looking people who seem as though they SHOULD have a bf% of say 18% based on weight/height but actually have a bf% 25-30% are skinny fat. Because they have no muscle tone at all, forget super fit.

The bodyfat chart thing is not particuarly accurate, I think we could all agree. What is a healthy bodyfat depends on the person and their composition. My bodyfat chart would call me obese a few pounds back, though my bodyfat was measured at 22%. Do I have some fat to lose, yep. But I am not obese. If they are skinny and completely flabby, then YES, they are skinny fat. Including Kate Moss. Its about percentage of lean muscle versus fat.

Are they "fat" the way the rest of the world terms fat? Nope, they are skinny. We aren't using the term fat and its real world connotations in the same way here.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.