Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up The HULK's Motivation Thread - PICS/VIDS/QUOTES/ADVICE (SRS)

I try to always be honest on BB.com, and generally with that honesty comes some motivational/useful advice.

Why? Because there's plently of the other type of advice/"make you feel horrible" stuff on here.

A lot of people PM me questions, etc. I always take time to answer each the best that I can.

Someone suggested that I start a thread to give advice/motivation and so I thought I'd try to do so.

Please understand that I'm a person just like all of you and the motivational advice/pictures/quotes/videos and a lot of the words I'll offer are from receiving motivation/inspiration from others, so I'll say that while a lot of my words are my own, many are from others (some even other members of BB.com-motivational quotes/motivational videos).

Some of my favorite motivational movies/clips:

^^Do you recognize an attitude that's similar to what's shown in the clip? We all see and know these type of people. Take the advice Will Smith offers at the end of the clip and ignore the rest.

^^Sometimes we do let people tell us "we're no good." No one can do this to you unless you allow them to. Ignore everyone that's negative in your life. You don't need it. Mostly these type of people are jealous of you for some reason.

^^This video has a mixture of some of the best advice you can get (yes, including Rocky again). "Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking, so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

^^Some of the most "sucessful" people in history, were also the most discouraged. "If you've never failed, you've never lived."

^(WARNING-Profanity in the above video)^

^^I know what you're thinking. That's why I put up the lyrics version. Read it. You don't like rap? Sorry, but try to listen to the words.

^^I know, another Rap video. But listen to the words. Again, some rappers come from the hardest circumstances to succeed in and they eventually do so. There's motivation in that. "Stay busy, stay working...The key to stay on top of things is to threat everything like it's your first project...stay humble."-Paraphased

^^Newer song. B.o.B./Hayley Williams/Eminem (yes again). Everyone discouraged B.o.B. and Eminem, but as you can see, that only fueled their fire/success. You have to use this discouragement from others as your energy source. Whether you think it's healthy or unhealthy to harbor the "I'll show em'" attitude or not, it works, and if it gets you to where you need to be, then I personally don't think it matters how you get there.

Alright, enough of the videos, here's some quotes (may be repeats from the motivational quotes thread, but here's some I like).

QUOTES:

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle." ~Unknown

"Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of success that may come to-morrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will have a joy in overcoming obstacles—a delight in climbing rugged paths which you would perhaps never know if you did not sometimes slip backward, if the road were always smooth and pleasant. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost." ~ Helen Keller

"Two thirds of human existence are wasted in hesitation, and the last third in repentance." ~ Emile Souvestre

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." ~ Confucius

"Prepare your mind to receive the best that life has to offer." ~ Ernest Holmes

"While I can run, I'll run; while I can walk, I'll walk; when I can only crawl, I'll crawl. But by the grace of God, I'll always be moving forward." ~ Cavett Robert

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Motivation triggers luck." ~ Mike Wallace

"People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily." ~ Zig Ziglar (Sub to this thread if you need to, remind yourself daily)

"Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." ~ Albert Einstein

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein

"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing." ~ Albert Einstein

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible." ~Albert Einstein

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Also, please see my sig.

^^Guess it's good you workout huh?^^

If you need advice, etc, please feel free to PM me. However, I ask/encourage additions to this thread. Quotes/pics/videos, etc and hope that many will participate. I'll use this thread myself to attempt to motivate myself daily (Srs).

~HULK

Last edited by TOMaHULK; 05-07-2010 at 08:35 AM.
    ★I SUPPORT THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE U.S. MILITARY★
    |ALUMNI| University of South Florida Bulls
    |FOUNDER| >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    Link for Crew - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126695313
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice post but u forgot gattaca ! that movie is sooo inspirational!

TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by henh2o View Post
    I've never seen it.

Aware us?
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wait are you serious? basically its a 1997 sci fi movie about how everyone is determined by genes and the main character does everything in his power to accomplish his dreams. Has ethan hawk, jude law and uma thurman. My favorite movie cause it makes me believe anything is possible if you have the heart to do it.

Thumbs up

Wait are you serious? basically its a 1997 sci fi movie about how everyone is determined by genes and the main character does everything in his power to accomplish his dreams. Has ethan hawk, jude law and uma thurman. My favorite movie cause it makes me believe anything is possible if you have the heart to do it.
    SRS, haven't seen it. Will rent though.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Thumbs up

Just rented this movie. Gonna check it out.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sochacki92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very cool movie, gets me feeling pumped to achieve something.
    Also nice OP

t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you.

"You become what you think about" - Earl Nightingale

QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    repped

Thumbs up

Watched last night, good movie man.

Glad others are getting some use of of the thread.

Nice quote added above. ^
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Lightbulb New video added

Check this video out guys.

Motivational quotes by some hugely famous people.

(Note: I love Tony Robbins, but it's like "which one to choose...?" He's got a lot of great stuff.)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Thumbs up

Not trying to turn this into a "religious" motivational thread, necessarily, but this picture always inspires me. While I know it's just a light, sometime I imagine it's good (mostly in times of pain) and other times I think of it as a goal I'm reaching for.

Last edited by TOMaHULK; 05-08-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Powerful Beyond Measure Chocolate-Wheysted's Avatar
    Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Frank Mir

*CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS*

Twitter
    http://twitter.com/GymTaninLaundry/

"You should wake up every morning with something to prove. The minute you think you have nothing to prove go home retire and disappear"

Thumbs up

^^Awesome man, I've seen a few of these before, but thanks for posting them up and adding to the thread.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Cool

Hey guize...

Well today started off pretty bad for me.

I need some inspiration/motivation and I really didn't feel like doing a bunch of searching, so I just clicked on my own thread and re-read everything and watched all the vids.

Funny how motivation can come from the least likely sources (i.e. my thread), I suppose...
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

^This one is a little different. A bit bloody, but interesting.

^This is from one of my favorite movies "A Man Apart." If you haven't seen it, go rent it, and go rent it now.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Thumbs up

Final scene from one of my other favorite movies, Man on Fire ^

Limp Bizkit's cover of the Who song Behind Blue Eyes.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chocolate-Wheysted will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nice that limp bizket song is one of my favs

Twitter

"You should wake up every morning with something to prove. The minute you think you have nothing to prove go home retire and disappear"

Lightbulb

^^Nice User Title, BloodNTears^^

Some additions:

"You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it."
    --Robert Anthony

"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be too cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down."
    --Annie Dillard

"The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good."
    -- Ann Landers

"Pain is inevitable, but misery is optional. We cannot avoid pain, but we can avoid joy."
    -- Tim Hansel

"In order to be effective truth must penetrate like an arrow -- and that is likely to hurt."
    -- Wei Wu Wei

"Many of the things you can count, don't count. Many of the things you can't count, really count."
    - -Albert Ein

"Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    -- Howard Thurman

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
    -- George Elio

"Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something."
    -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you."
    -- John E. Southard

"I will prepare and some day my chance will come."
    -- Abraham Lincoln

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
    -- Abraham Lincoln

"Life's supposed to be hard. We can't skip over the hard parts. We must earn what we receive."
    -- Angie Fenimore

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
    -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

"If you are confident in your beliefs then why are you getting upset?"
    -- Ben Schoeffler

"It is too limiting to copy someone else."
    -- Bill Tytla

"Ask 10 people if you should start a new business. 10 out of 10 of them will say NO."
    -- Glenn Kimball

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    -- J. R. R. Tolkien

"Try, fail, try again, fail even worse, try again, score!"
    --Jackdeth

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
    --Jesus

"I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."
    -- John D. Rockefeller

"Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."
    -- John D. Rockefeller

"If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it."
    -- John D. Rockefeller

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."
    -- Mark Twain

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
    -- Michael Jordan

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."
    -- Michael Jordan

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."
    -- Michael Jordan

"I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win."
    -- Michael Jordan

"I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result."
    -- Michael Jordan

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"The person that turns over the most rocks wins the game. And that's always been my philosophy."
    -- Peter Lynch

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
    -- Plato

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow."
    -- Plato

"Where there is no vision, the people perish."
    -- Proverbs 29:18

"By all means listen to other people's advice, but when in doubt go with your gut instinct."
    -- Steve Pavlina

"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs."
    --Teddy Roosevelt

"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something."
    --Thomas Edison

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    -- Thomas Edison

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
    -- Thomas Edison

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -- Thomas Edison

"I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work."
    -- Thomas Edison

"Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits."
    -- Thomas Edison

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
    -- Thomas Edison

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry."
    -- Vasais

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
    -- Walt Disney
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

^^I know, Eminem again but every time I try to turn away from Eminem, I read the lyrics.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

thanks nice update on the extra stuff u added

Twitter

Big peter petrelli fan i dunno why it motivates me guess cause its just so good of a show... i guess cause peter went from having everything lost it all got a a semi different power and still was able to beast everyone

Twitter

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlooDNTearS View Post

Big peter petrelli fan i dunno why it motivates me guess cause its just so good of a show... i guess cause peter went from having everything lost it all got a a semi different power and still was able to beast everyone
    Never seen the show, but thanks for the add.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

thanks yea when i get outta work i got alot of stuff to put in this thread

Twitter

thanks yea when i get outta work i got alot of stuff to put in this thread
    Definetely post it all man.

Seems like I've been hitting this thread for inspiration several times a day. Sometimes it only take one sentence to get me back on track.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

^^What an awesome movie.^^

Another top 10 movie for me. I love the build up in this video. It's motivational to me. I have a friend whose a fighter pilot and I can only imagine the adrenaline rush on take off.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, cant embed vids yet but here are some good links, these are my preworkout viewing.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KEJRq-tGFhU
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=MF7VhQ7DGkQ
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JA4nhbqe6Cw
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOmEKvP1WTg (not super motivational but lee priest is aussie so i like to think its possible to be great and come from anywhere)

some girl was next to me on tredmil im guessing didnt see me get on it lol and seen it on her ipod touch and she was like singing it the over and over again had me dying and she looked at me all giggly i was like i know same with all the other girls her and just walked away i like to be as random as possible with people i dont know lol

Twitter

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DaBosse View Post
    Hey man, cant embed vids yet but here are some good links, these are my preworkout viewing.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KEJRq-tGFhU
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=MF7VhQ7DGkQ
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JA4nhbqe6Cw
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOmEKvP1WTg (not super motivational but lee priest is aussie so i like to think its possible to be great and come from anywhere)

Embed for you...
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Talking

some girl was next to me on tredmil im guessing didnt see me get on it lol and seen it on her ipod touch and she was like singing it the over and over again had me dying and she looked at me all giggly i was like i know same with all the other girls her and just walked away i like to be as random as possible with people i dont know lol

Man if you love this song, it's cool to say that you love it. Don't have to make up that story...LOL JK
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning