Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

"Dear Gwyneth Paltrow's Trainer"

If you're not familiar w/it, Gwyneth Paltrow went on Oprah and said that according to her trainer, women shouldn't lift w/anything heavier than three pounds. Well some trainer decided to give this trainer a piece of her mind in the form of a blog.

I first heard of this Oprah thing from a female client of mine. She would always complain about not wanting to lift heavy and on the day Wellwhen she graduated from dumbell squats to an olympic bar on her shoulders, she couldn't take it anymore and hit me w/this little tidbit of info that she learned. I was pretty outraged to hear this come from a trainer.... and even more outraged that it was uttered on a show that is watched by millions of women around the country.

Well, I dont know if this ****ty trainer ever read this letter but it did give me a sense of solace and peace....

http://astrology.yahoo.com/channel/h...rainer-272594/
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well just because they can lift it, doesnt mean they should. lifting any more than 3 lb can cause musclular development which is unattractive on the female form. paltrow has the ideal feminine body and she didnt get there by being manly in the gym.

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    If you're not familiar w/it, Gwyneth Paltrow went on Oprah and said that according to her trainer, women shouldn't lift w/anything heavier than three pounds.
    Oh my gosh, are they freaking serious?!

Now I understand...I was talking to one of my female neighbors recently about weight training, and she excitedly asked me if I was using the 'three pound' weights. I looked at her like she was on crack, and was also quite offended that she though my physique was 'built' using three pound weights. I mean seriously, do I look like I lift three f-ing pound weights?!!!

When I told her that I bench 100 for 10 reps, she then looked at me like I was on crack. She mentioned that she heard on Oprah that three pound weighs were 'good' for women.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Futurama525 View Post
    well just because they can lift it, doesnt mean they should. lifting any more than 3 lb can cause musclular development which is unattractive on the female form. paltrow has the ideal feminine body and she didnt get there by being manly in the gym.
    Negz for lack of decent sarcasm. . .
    I am, after all, a heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting.

Harry: Erica, will you be my flesh friend?
    Erica: What the hell is that?
    Harry: Phucicngbuttholemonster!
    Erica: WTH?

My Insanity Experiment: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=495939921#post495939921

newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post
    She mentioned that she heard on Oprah that three pound weighs were 'good' for women.
    ...and this is why I hate Oprah....with a passion.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My 5-year-old daughter has her own set of 3 lb weights and she'll swing them around pretty effortlessly (they came with a step I bought a while back and she claimed them as hers). And my daughter is tiny, I cannot imagine such a small weight being recommended for a grown woman. I never saw that Oprah episode, though I did read about it later and was irritated that such bad advice was given. I lift heavy, I'm working on lifting progressively heavier weights, and I've never been fitter. The advice given out by Tracy is like 1000 steps in the wrong direction.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000)
    God. No good comes out of Oprah, does it?

Now you'll have more women with wrong ideas about weight lifting. UGH!
    RIP Dad

Got an engineering question? We can help:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158772523

LaGamine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaGamine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaGamine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaGamine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaGamine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaGamine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gwyneth Paltrow looks amazing though!!!
    And she looks good now, after having kids, not years ago when she was skinnier (to clarify).

I am aware of the irony. humblegenius's Avatar
    humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're not familiar w/it, Gwyneth Paltrow went on Oprah and said that according to her trainer, women shouldn't lift w/anything heavier than three pounds.
    The two rules of life, never waste a hard on and never trust a fart.

I'm impressed, and I'm not easily impressed. Oh wow, look, a blue car.

GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gywenth Paltrow and Oprah have the same trainer from the looks of it....
    domari nolo

Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50) Komadori will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reminds me of this gym advert in the MARTA station (Midtown). Has a figure model giving a grimaced "GRAHHH!!" look with gritted teeth as she curls two THREE POUND dumbbells. I LMAO'd right there. An extra pound off my tush, no lie. I think I'll take a picture of it next time I'm down that way.

It's so funny, too, because you KNOW this model had to be laughing/crying on the inside, doing this job. I can't imagine anyone in shape with some definition taking 3 LB DBs seriously....

I think I'll do some fingercurls lifting my jeweler's anvil, and get a real workout. :P
    Back with my nose to the grindstone. Trying only fails when you stop. :)

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just weighed my purse...15lbs...
    3 is kinda silly. I think a jug of water is 8.

newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50) newlyminted will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jmh80 View Post
    God. No good comes out of Oprah, does it?

Now you'll have more women with wrong ideas about weight lifting. UGH!
    haha.. thousands of them ran out and bought 3lb weights, and the accompanying fitness DVD..

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CATRACCOM View Post
    I just weighed my purse...15lbs...
    3 is kinda silly. I think a jug of water is 8.
    Your purse weighs 15 pounds? Dammit, I'm going to weigh mine tomorrow, now I'm curious!
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The ridiculous thing is that Madonna uses the same trainer as Gwyneth - now, as if Madonna built her physique using 3lb weights...
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by newlyminted View Post
    ...and this is why I hate Oprah....with a passion.
    x2! I can't stand Oprah or 3 lb weights...

*coming from an unattractive muscular woman*

National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This whole topic cracks me up. Can you imagine anyone on this board

a) ever taking anything that Oprah says about diet seriously;
    b) ever giving a flying turd WHAT that bony-ass Gwyneth Paltrow does for "a workout?"

Bah ha ha ha! I had a good laugh at the link that Kletron put up. Some of the responses were smart-assedly hilarious.

A friend of mine was over last night and wanted to know *why* "some people" expressed such disdain for her comments. I said, that it's because there are people in this world who study, work hard, hire trainers, lift HUGE and HEAVY weights (without "looking like men" by the way). . .and not one of them/us, have ever. . .not even in the beginning. . .picked up a 3 pound weight unless we were about to throw it to someone.

I also stated that it's ADDITIONALLY an ENORMOUS insult to the female bodybuilders out there who DO get huge. You know, they like their friggin bodies. They are proud of the work they have put into them. I asked if she knew how insulting it was for them to hear that anyone could possibly THINK that they could achieve that size by lifting anything "heaver than 15 pounds."

I personally find Gwyneth Paltrow massively unattractive. I've never thought she was "pretty." And until she became pregnant, never thought she looked healthy, either. She's still skinny as all get out, but she does look better post-pregnancy. Would I want to look like her? NOOOOOO. Barf. I understand that some folks love and appreciate that willowy, clinging vine look. Thankfully, my husband isn't one of them.

Excuse me. I must now go lift 3 pounds. . .to my mouth and eat it. Mmmmmm. . .turkey. LOL.
    I am, after all, a heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting.

Harry: Erica, will you be my flesh friend?
    Erica: What the hell is that?
    Harry: Phucicngbuttholemonster!
    Erica: WTH?

My Insanity Experiment: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=495939921#post495939921

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post
    Your purse weighs 15 pounds? Dammit, I'm going to weigh mine tomorrow, now I'm curious!
    My wallet is light

Originally Posted by GoutDeMiel View Post
    Gywenth Paltrow and Oprah have the same trainer from the looks of it....
    You'd think w/all that money, Oprah would be able to permanently get in shape.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfaith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My wallet is light

You'd think w/all that money, Oprah would be able to permanently get in shape.

Unfortunately all the money in the world can't buy you common sense
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
    -Mark Twain

Whether you think you can or can't....you're right.
    -unknown

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oprah embarassed by weight

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=343139&GT1=28103

She's 200 pounds again. I'm glad I'm not in the spot light like she is.

parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsnip1965 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    The ridiculous thing is that Madonna uses the same trainer as Gwyneth - now, as if Madonna built her physique using 3lb weights...
    I don't believe it for a frigging second.

humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humblegenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    From recent articles though (re the breakup) it was reported Madonna was training for 7 to 8 hours a day to get into shape for the tours. Apparently she was then to tired to have the sexy time, which put a strain on the relationship.

GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000)
    I personally do NOT strive for Oprah's, Gywenth's or Madonna's body. yeah, Madonna has looked hot in the past, but the way she looks now is NOT attractive.

Yeah there may be some guys out there who like the chubbies, the sticks, or the whatever-the-hell-Madonna's-body-is, but I think we'd all agree that no man would be able to resist Jamie Eason.
    domari nolo

JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Has anybody looked at the recommended diet yet? It looks like a seriously (unhealthy) low calorie diet, doesn't it?

Here are some example menus:

Breakfast
    1 cup Kashi cereal, with ? cup plain ? or vanilla ? nonfat rice milk
    Lunch
    3 oz grilled chicken breast ? or fresh turkey breast (no deli meat!) ? with ? cup each of chopped cucumber and tomatoes
    Snack
    1 cup mixed berries (try raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
    Dinner
    1 cup organic pasta with ? cup steamed spinach

Monday
    Breakfast
    1 cup Kashi cereal, with ? cup plain?or vanilla?nonfat rice milk
    Lunch
    2 hardboiled eggs with ? cup each of baby carrots and cherry tomatoes
    Dinner
    3 to 5 oz grilled sea bass with ? cup steamed spinach

Isn't that like 600-700 calories???

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JVo View Post
    Has anybody looked at the recommended diet yet? It looks like a seriously (unhealthy) low calorie diet, doesn't it?

Here are some example menus:

Breakfast
    1 cup Kashi cereal, with ? cup plain ? or vanilla ? nonfat rice milk
    Lunch
    3 oz grilled chicken breast ? or fresh turkey breast (no deli meat!) ? with ? cup each of chopped cucumber and tomatoes
    Snack
    1 cup mixed berries (try raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
    Dinner
    1 cup organic pasta with ? cup steamed spinach

Monday
    Breakfast
    1 cup Kashi cereal, with ? cup plain?or vanilla?nonfat rice milk
    Lunch
    2 hardboiled eggs with ? cup each of baby carrots and cherry tomatoes
    Dinner
    3 to 5 oz grilled sea bass with ? cup steamed spinach

Isn't that like 600-700 calories???
    Wow, where did you see that? I ate more than that when I was anorexic, that is definitely far from a normal, healthy eating plan.

Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another article about Tracy Anderson: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20..._trainer_.html

Arm raises with 3 lb weights for 100 reps? I'm sorry, but what does that do? Sounds more like a cardio session to me.
    - Damnit. I got fat again. Brb: picking up the pieces and burning my excuses. -

Originally Posted by sparklebear00 View Post
    Another article about Tracy Anderson: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20..._trainer_.html

Arm raises with 3 lb weights for 100 reps? I'm sorry, but what does that do? Sounds more like a cardio session to me.
    Sounds like a recipe for a rotator cuff injury.

JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    Wow, where did you see that? I ate more than that when I was anorexic, that is definitely far from a normal, healthy eating plan.
    I found it here: http://www.oodora.com/fitness/fat-lo...n-6-weeks.html

Originally Posted by JVo View Post
    Thanks for the link!

The diet that Tracy is recommending to her clients is seriously messed up. It's a starvation diet and to follow it would be a set-up for failure. Sure her clients will lose weight, but also muscle and there would be a huge metabolic crash. I guess there are a lot of people out there looking for a quick fix, but she needs to be responsible by suggesting her clients make long-term, sustainable changes. Of course, given her bad advice about exercise her bad advice about nutrition should come as no surprise.

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by parsnip1965 View Post
    I don't believe it for a frigging second.

I wonder how much her purse weighs?